• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Issue Information

• Suggestion

Photo

Non spoiler spoiler tags

Posted by Scanty Demon on Feb 06 2013 - 07:25 PM

Yeah that title is a bit confusing but here's the idea. The spoiler tags can be used as way to organize things and make a large post shrink. Here's the problem they're for spoilers only, which is where we have a problem. So I propose we have something almost exactly like spoilers except it would be used for things like lists, artwork links, managing large blocks of text (so long as it is not used for the entire post), and make cluttered posts seem more organized. 

Laconic: make a feature almost exactly like spoiler tags (click the button to reveal spoilers) except they would be used anything (BZP appropriate of course) EXCEPT spoilers.  

Electric Turahk
Feb 06 2013 09:19 PM
But... why would you need to do that? If you're posting all of that, surely you mean to share it. I don't see why you'd want to hide it.

Scanty Demon
Feb 06 2013 09:48 PM

But... why would you need to do that? If you're posting all of that, surely you mean to share it. I don't see why you'd want to hide it.

I mean sometimes people post huge blocks of text for things like background info on media and lists. Sometimes it makes the whole thing look messy and unnecessarily huge. I see what you're getting out though but I only mean for things like links and lists that are very very long. It should be discouraged for being used in discussions though.

There is a reason we don't allow you to use spoiler tags for non-spoilers. If you have a lot of text just use headers and paragraph breaks to make it clear and easy to follow. Hiding it gains nothing and makes it harder to moderate.

locked issue

moved issue from Forums Issues

0 user(s) are reading this issue

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users