• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Issue Information

• Issue

Issue Confirmations

• Yes (23)No (1)
Photo

News stories

Posted by Dralcax on Feb 17 2013 - 11:39 AM

When I try to click on a news story on the front page, it tells me I am not authorized to view that page. Anyone else having that problem? This is an example of one of the many problem stories.

EDIT: This is happening in the blogs, too.

The Renegade Emperor
Feb 17 2013 11:48 AM
It happens to me as well.

I haven't had any problems with blogs, but the news stories do seem to be secured from reading.

The news story in a known issue; unfortunately the vulnerability the hacker attacked is related to the story page. We're working on a fix or workaround, but for now it's going to be unavailable.

Can you provide a link to a blog entry that's giving you problems?

http://www.bzpower.c...howentry=122584

That entry is a draft. It still exists.

TechnicRage
Feb 17 2013 09:27 PM
Happens a lot to me; and it costs me some prime entertainment.

ToaJaller77
Feb 18 2013 01:04 PM
Yep.Me too.

Captain Caboose
Feb 21 2013 06:15 PM
Yeah I still see this. That's way I see the front page, then go to the news forums to see what's up.

Same issue here, can't read news directly for the front page

We know it's an issue. I've posted in here confirming it. We are working on resolving it and we appreciate your patience while we do so. :)

---Kopaka Nuva---
Mar 24 2013 02:58 PM
Just friendly question asking but how are those repairs with the issues coming along Black Six?

Heir of the Chronicler
Apr 02 2013 08:53 PM
I'm really very sorry to see another stumbling block of this magnitude has thrown itself in front of the staff. You must be made of steel, B6 :)

- Heir

Mask of Ultimate Cliché
Apr 14 2013 05:21 PM
... Any updates?  It's been two months since this ticket opened and over a month since B6 last commented here.

JohannDakitsch
Apr 14 2013 08:23 PM
Indeed... and I'm still facing this same problem :/

Edited by JohannDakitsch, Apr 14 2013 - 08:24 PM.

Calm down guys, the staff have lives too, AND they got to moderate the forums. I coded some things before and know how hard it can be solving a bug. And also the hacker attack was linked to the story page thing somehow, we don't wan't to see that happening again don't we? One day the staff will solve this, but for now we're good with the current solution.

You staff have all my respect and support, I know how hard it can be...

JohannDakitsch
Apr 15 2013 05:39 PM
I know, I'm not trying to rush things, just have an update on the situation... 

When we have more information to share, we will.

Toa_Of_Justice
Apr 20 2013 03:03 PM
It looks like the news stories have been fixed! :glasses: Thank you, Black Six!

-Toa Of Justice

This is not fixed.

Well, thanks for putting in the effort, I guess, since now I can access Archived News stories.

However, ever since this problem started, the news stories don't link to their own page, so I agree - there's still a problem here. 

0 user(s) are reading this issue

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users