• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Issue Information

• Issue

Issue Confirmations

• Yes (2)No (2)
Photo

Mobile site doesn't work on IE10, WP8

Posted by Gatanui on Mar 14 2013 - 04:55 PM

For some reason, I don't get the mobile version of BZPower when checking it on IE10 with my WP8. Mobile version is enabled in the browser settings. It does work on the Invision website, though, so I guess it's not an issue of the board software but there is a setting that needs to be tweaked.

-Gata Posted Image

Captain Caboose
Mar 17 2013 11:03 PM
I'm not having that problem. Probably it's the mobile device, cause I use my PSP and it works fine.

I don't have WP8 so I can't replicate this exactly, but I tried this in IE10 for Windows 8, and the mobile skin does work there.

First, is this still happening? Second, can you manually select the mobile skin from the dropdown?

It's still happening, though I can choose the mobile skin from the dropdown. Only thing is it changes on my computer to the mobile skin as well when I am signed in.

-Gata Posted Image

Okay, good to know.

Same deal here.  It's worth noting that Windows Phone 8.1 rolls out soon (and already has for some models), so maybe that'll fix things?

IE 11 on Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 fixes this, though not on WP 8.1 without the update, which is what is currently being rolled out officially. Update 1 can so far only be obtained through the Preview for Developers program so the majority of devices will still face this problem but as far as I am concerned, this is fixed.

-Gata signoff.png

Alright, sounds like Microsoft is getting their act together - they know how important BZPower is to their users! :P

locked issue

0 user(s) are reading this issue

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users