• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Issue Information

• Issue

Issue Confirmations

• Yes (37)No (2)
Photo

Fatal error with notifications

Posted by ~Shockwave~ on Mar 19 2013 - 06:36 PM

When I went to check my notifications it would just keep loading, When I did it through my settings, I got this:

Fatal error
The encoded file /home/bzpower/public_html/board/converge_public/applications_addon/ips/ccs/extensions/notifications.php has expired. in Unknown on line 0

I don't have an issue with PM's, but I am also suffering from the never-ending notifications.

Looking through the code, I realized that there currently isn't a notifications page registered to the database. The only thing there is the blank page that keeps popping up. It seems to have replaced any code that formally was found on the notifications page.

-Rez

Loganto The Bo-Matoran
Mar 22 2013 07:47 AM
OMG! I AM UP TO 45 NOTIFICATIONS! Black 6 PLEASE solve it faster! I NEED TO KNOW WHAT THEY ALL ARE!!!! that is the first thing I do here! I click notifications! but I cant!

*sorry for spazzing out, but it is just really anoying*

Captain Caboose
Mar 22 2013 07:51 AM

Looking through the code, I realized that there currently isn't a notifications page registered to the database. The only thing there is the blank page that keeps popping up. It seems to have replaced any code that formally was found on the notifications page.

-Rez

Then they better make another one where the code is in there. I page that practically everyone uses, without a code is almost useless.

Black Six is currently working on it guys. You have to rememer that he has a life, too. It's not like he's some no-lifing nerd sitting in his mother's basement working on BZP all day. :P But don't worry, I'm sure the problem will be fixed fairly soon. The only reason this is happening [to any pages that it affects] is because the pages we are trying to navigate to are not even there, besides the weird error that's present. The administration just has to add the original code back into the page so that clicking it will bring up the correct webpage.

-Rez

Edited by Reznas, Mar 22 2013 - 09:11 AM.

Colette Llyan
Mar 22 2013 09:41 AM
The question, however, is if that's the case, why does it happen when sending and receiving PMs as well? The receiving part may be due to using some of the same code, but sending? It doesn't prompt any notifications on your end when you send a PM, just takes you back to the conversation with one more message; like a topic.

There's plenty of errors in the coding. When certain pages are unavaiblable, it affects the usage of others, and the usage of certain processes.

-Rez

Captain Caboose
Mar 22 2013 02:24 PM
I already have 122. I'm becoming impatient(I'm sorry, but when I get that much. I can't stand it.), and I wish the whole test thing didn't happen as B6 said it earlier. If your test is supposed to be an upgrade, well, that went down the drain. If not then there's nothing there for me to say.

Don't worry, guys, having a bunch of notifications isn't the end of the world. I had like ten thousand for a month or two before I finally bothered to check them.

Yep, seeing this too. I'm going to have to redirect my notifications to email temporarily so I can see them, which I would recommend as a temporary patch while the admins work on this. 

EDIT: Never mind, can't do that either. The "Notification Settings" tap in the User CP is broken too. 

This is what I get when I try to get there: 

Fatal error
The encoded file /home/bzpower/public_html/board/converge_public/applications_addon/ips/ccs/extensions/notifications.php has expired. in Unknown on line 0

Edited by fishers64, Mar 22 2013 - 08:38 PM.

Loganto The Bo-Matoran
Mar 22 2013 10:01 PM
I wish to know if this is side effects from the hacker.

As B6 said on the previous page, it's a side effect of something he's testing.

This should be resolved.

I AM MELON LORD!
Mar 23 2013 08:55 AM
Logged in today and I was able to check my notifications.  Thanks.  ^^

To clarify, I did experience the fatal error yesterday.

Confirming that the notifications system is now functional.

-Rez

Yup. I can view my notifications

Partytime

Indeed, but instead of the drop-down menu you are directed to the user CP. Still better than nothing, though. ^_^

-Gata Posted Image

Indeed, but instead of the drop-down menu you are directed to the user CP. Still better than nothing, though. ^_^

-Gata Posted Image

No the dropdown works :)

All Hail Master Six for solving this.

Captain Caboose
Mar 23 2013 11:25 AM
Finally, at least I deleted all of them.

-Gata Posted Image

This often happens if you click the notification button before the page has completely loaded. I've experienced this before, both with the messenger and the notifications button.

-Rez

0 user(s) are reading this issue

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users