• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Click to ToggleParticipate in our raffle!

Hi, Guest. Come take a look and participate in our raffle:

Chima 2014 Big Raffle
Chima 2014 New Member Raffle
Chima 2014 Little Raffle

Issue Information

• Issue

Issue Confirmations

• Yes (7)No (1)
Photo

Middle-clicking on an external link breaks the popup

Posted by Jedi Knight Krazy on Jul 27 2013 - 03:01 PM

When surfing the web, I have a very peculiar habit: I middle-click on almost every link to open it in a new tab. I think I'm probably not alone.

When I do this on an external link on BZPower, instead of opening the link in a new tab, it opens the External Link warning popup (to be expected), but the "Proceed" button does nothing when I click it. I then have to click Cancel, click on the link with the left mouse button like a normal person, and then click Proceed. It opens up in a new tab at that point anyways.

I'm using Google Chrome on Windows 8, if it matters. 

Doesn't do that for me in Firefox 22 on windows 7; it just opens the tab. That said, it doesn't prompt the pop-up first, which I personally don't mind, but it does seem to go against the reasoning for the pop up in the first place.

Basically; it works... If you're still in the old days of not using tabs to browse for everything. =P

CUPCAKE SEAL
Jul 27 2013 03:08 PM
I do the same thing, and it doesn't work for me either.

Happening for me in Chrome. In Firefox middle-clicking is opening both the popup and the link itself in a new tab; clicking "Proceed" opens the link again in a third tab. Yesterday IE was doing the same thing as Firefox, but today it's doing the same thing as Chrome? Weird.

Since left-clicking open it in a new tab, this is probably going to be a pretty low-priority issue.

So now neither the "Proceed" or "Cancel" buttons are working at all for me in the blogs regardless of whether I left- or middle-click. This is happening in Chrome, Firefox, and IE. Middle-clicking in Firefox and IE still opens the link in a new tab and brings up the popup, but neither button in the popup works.

So now neither the "Proceed" or "Cancel" buttons are working at all for me in the blogs regardless of whether I left- or middle-click.

I'm having the same issue.  I'd like to point out that it only happens in the blogs, not the forums.

So now neither the "Proceed" or "Cancel" buttons are working at all for me in the blogs regardless of whether I left- or middle-click. This is happening in Chrome, Firefox, and IE. Middle-clicking in Firefox and IE still opens the link in a new tab and brings up the popup, but neither button in the popup works.

im also having this issue, but in addition to that i also cant right-click on links without the popup coming up either (and, as with left- and middle-clicking, the proceed/cancel buttons dont work here either)

edit: im able to get around that by dragging the link up to where the tabs are i guess, but who really has time for that

Edited by Chihiro Fujisaki, Jul 29 2013 - 05:42 AM.

Commander Viral
Jul 29 2013 07:36 AM

im also having this issue, but in addition to that i also cant right-click on links without the popup coming up either (and, as with left- and middle-clicking, the proceed/cancel buttons dont work here either)

edit: im able to get around that by dragging the link up to where the tabs are i guess, but who really has time for that

I'm having the same issue as well in the Blogs. This happens for me in Chrome.

Huh weird, I edited to add that it only happens for Chrome and my text turned purple, which I switched to BB Code though there was nothing to indicate something like that happening. 

Edited by Toa Onarax, Jul 29 2013 - 07:38 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this issue

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users