• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Issue Information

• Issue

Issue Confirmations

• Yes (3)No (1)
Photo

Formatting Inconsistency

Posted by Kragghle on Aug 17 2013 - 04:14 PM

:kaukau: As you can tell, I'm one of those guys who likes to format his text with a specific color for every post.  Sometimes, however, there will be a paragraph which, when I create a post, blog entry, or PM, stays black.  It seems random, and I don't know what causes it.

A little less random is that sometimes a word that's italicized or in bold will turn up as black and colorless once I hit the "post" button.  It doesn't happen often, but sometimes it does.  At least I can determine then that it has to do with italicized or bolded words.  Otherwise, when it happens with entire paragraphs it seems random.

It's not a huge issue and is easy to fix.  If anyone else has noticed similar patterns and can add something, then of course let those be known.

Have you tried setting a default formatting for all your posts? Are you using the Rich Text Editor? If so, have you tried switching to the BBCode editor to see if the tags look right?

@B6 ~ Yeah, everything mentioned here used to happen to me when I was using default formatting (I've since disabled it for a while because of the Flash Fiction Marathon). Since I stopped using it, it hasn't seemed to be a problem for me (though I've noticed it in others' posts who I presume use default formatting, such as Kraggh). I was always using the RTE and never tried switching to BBCode. 

Edit: IIRC, there was also a problem with past posts--when I used default formatting, and my old posts switched to this color/font as well, for some largely-formatted posts, there were inconsistencies (paragraphs not being formatted, etc., like Kraggh mentioned). 

It definitely happened randomly, too, like Kraggh said. I feel like it may have been more common when either I quoted someone or someone quoted me, but I could be wrong.

Edited by Velox, Aug 18 2013 - 04:33 PM.

I confirm this issue. I usually experience this when I make an entire post, then go back to edit in an extra paragraph. The paragraph, in turn, changes back to default text. When I look in the BB Code, I find that the color tags, along with the font tags, do not surround the extra paragraph, even though they obviously were colorful in the RTE.

-Rez

0 user(s) are reading this issue

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users