• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Issue Information

• Suggestion

Photo

Combined signature + avatar size calculator

Posted by Mohamed Marei on Apr 19 2014 - 02:44 PM

Hi,

I've been approached by Staff Member Emzee to reduce the size of the combination of my signature and avatar. I was wondering if there was a feature that shows the combined size of one's avatar and signature in the signature editing tab? It shouldn't be too hard to include, I think.

:tohu:

moved issue from Front Page Issues

Or you could look at the file size of each image and add them in your computer's calculator?

-Rez

Mohamed Marei
Apr 20 2014 08:06 AM
Yeah you're right. I just thought something that adds them and displays them in real-time would be mor convenient for users. I figured it wouldn't be too hard to include but I might have been mistaken. Also, I thought that this forum space was to share suggestions about features that users might be interested in. Thanks anyways.

Hmmm, I don't know of a way our server could easily look at each image you put in your signature and somehow grab the filesize of it. If anyone knows of a way though, I'm all ears.

Yeah you're right. I just thought something that adds them and displays them in real-time would be mor convenient for users. I figured it wouldn't be too hard to include but I might have been mistaken. Also, I thought that this forum space was to share suggestions about features that users might be interested in. Thanks anyways.

I wasn't dismissing your suggestion, I was just providing another option. It could be very convenient, but my forethought coincided with what Black Six said: it would be hard to implement into the forum software. I'm sure there's some way to do it. Time to research.

-Rez

EDIT: I did a bit of research and came up with nothing. I'm sure if someone digs deeper they'll find something, but reading the Google first page results for three or four different search queries came up with nothing relevant.

Edited by Reznas, Apr 21 2014 - 02:33 PM.

Since there doesn't seem to be an easy way to do this and there hasn't been much support for adding such a feature, we're going to close this ticket.

locked issue

moved issue from Community Issues

0 user(s) are reading this issue

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users