• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Issue Information

• Issue

Issue Confirmations

• Yes (10)No (0)
Photo

Quiz system

Posted by Swert on Jul 23 2014 - 10:39 AM

So I took one of the quizzes, which I figure "Hey, I can do this." Imagine my surprise when the results say "20%" for me yet on the other side says 79%. Link: http://biosector01.c...eenshotQuiz.png

Confirming this as well - I've gotten notifications as people take the quiz I help set up, and they're all much lower on the leaderboard than what they actually scored.  It doesn't appear to be a case of the scores getting simply flipped, either.

I've noticed that the scores get progressively lower for new people who've taken the quiz, which seems to be a pattern for all of them I've seen so far. I don't recognize an exact pattern, but it's a general trend.

It's possible that it's calculating the number you got correct out of the total number of questions answered for all members on that quiz. But that wouldn't explain the original scores being low.

What xccj said. I set up my own quiz and took it, got 100%, and it's showing as 100%. The second person got 80%, and it shows as 40%. The third person got 90%, and it shows as 30%. 50% -->13%. 100% --> 20%. 90% --> 15%. 

So it appears that it's a straight division: 100%/1 = 100%, 80%/2 = 40%, 90%/3 = 30%, 50%/4 = 13%, 100%/5 = 20%, 90%/6 = 15%. The program is dividing the percentages by the person's position in the leaderboard.  

Yeah, that sounds like it would match what I said.

Pohatu: Uniter of Stone
Oct 21 2014 10:29 AM

Why does this happen? I want to see that actual percentages people get on my quizzes.

Is there any chance of this getting fixed soon?

0 user(s) are reading this issue

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users