• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Issue Information

• Suggestion

Photo

Increase the number of upvotes allowed per day?

Posted by fishers64 on Aug 11 2014 - 03:29 PM

Maybe this is just me, but I frequently run into the "You have reached your maximum number of positive votes for the day" a lot more now that the site is more active. I vote for an increase. 

I Am A Walrus
Aug 12 2014 03:04 AM

There is a limit? :???:

I wasn't aware of this. Then again, I don't upvote posts too often. Do you happen to know what the limit is?

Yes. It's about 50 upvotes per day. 

Correct.

I can't say I've heard of anyone else hitting the ceiling yet.

I Am A Walrus
Aug 14 2014 01:49 AM

Wow, that is more than I was expecting. I thought the number was around 25 a little more or less.

Well, it wouldn't bother me if this number was increased. Even though I don't upvote post too often. But still, I guess it would be nice for others if they wanted to upvote more than this limit allows.

I just hit it again today. I don't know why I keep banging my head on the proverbial upvote ceiling. I guess I like too many things on here lol. :shrugs:

Also HH ran into it in a blog entry not too far back.

It appears that I'm the only one who hits it on a regular basis though. :shrugs:

I don't see anything inherently wrong with upping the limit. It's not like you're taking up a ton of bandwidth or anything.

I've just started running into this issue as well. The limit's going to need to be increased with the level of activity surging like it is.

Also, does anyone know what time the date rolls over? Because I've been unable to upvote things since this morning, and I think it's still counting yesterday evening's upvotes as a part of that quota.

I think it's a 24 hour thing, like "Today's Top 20 posters."

I definitely agree that the limitation is restrictive. I like to show my support for posts I think are smart or funny, and if I don't have the chance to do so the first time I see the post, I don't always remember to go back to it.

I hit the ceiling this morning as well. I guess that's because I spent the previous day not only keeping up with that day's posts, but catching up with the flood of posts from the day before (when I was busy doing awesome LEGO things in New York and didn't get a chance to check BZPower). And with so much positivity flooding the forums, there were a LOT of things to upvote.

Element Lord of Milk
Oct 15 2014 02:59 AM
I'd like this as well. I've been hitting the ceiling a lot lately too.

The limit has been doubled to one hundred. Let's see you guys hit that ceiling.

locked issue

0 user(s) are reading this issue

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users