• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Issue Information

• Issue

Issue Confirmations

• Yes (10)No (1)
Photo

Notification dropdown laggy

Posted by Makuta Luroka on May 31 2015 - 07:25 PM

This might just be an issue with the server itself. It's pretty straightforward in that, upon clicking the notifications dropdown, it takes a very long time to load, upwards of several minutes. In the event that it isn't an issue with regards to an overloaded server, is there a fix? In the event that this is simply the server being full, Is there an upgrade on the horizon?

I've noticed this too. 

Yesss please tell me there's a way to fix this.

Blessed Blade
Aug 25 2015 04:01 PM

Just to chime in, since I missed this in one of the times my notifications were full...

I can confirm this happens, even now. However, I've done testing, and it seems to vary in how long it takes. It's possible it's related to the sheer amount of notifications I have, but I've also noticed that PMs don't help things at all. =P

The Notifications page itself is very laggy, too; and if you get a PM while refreshing it, the page can totally crash outright.

On a related note, I've noted that PMs in general tend to be more boggy on the loading and more prone to server timeouts. The algorithm that calculates the amount of unread notifications and PMs could be inefficiently using computer power and cause lag. 

0 user(s) are reading this issue

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users