• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Issue Information

• Issue

Issue Confirmations

• Yes (0)No (0)

Should 3D-print topics be moved to B/S/T?

Posted by Crunchyn on Oct 05 2015 - 01:21 PM

I want to address this now as we're starting to get more of these kind of topics in the Gen. Art subforum. Usually these topics (where a model is showcased and is also put up for sale) blurs the lines between a General Art topic and a B/S/T topic where it becomes less of a topic where one can give comments or critiques and more of a way for the topic creator to be able to advertise a product that they're selling. I think once one places a link for people to be able to purchase the model, it becomes more B/S/T and less Gen. Art. However, should they be moved to the main B/S/T or have a separate topic like the eBay auctions topic?

This an interesting question, and I think it makes sense to ask it. I'll talk to the leaders of the two forums and see what would be best to do.

3D-print topics involving transactions (i.e. not just showcasing models) will be moved to B/S/T. Members with multiple pieces to show off can make a collection topic in General Art, and link to the B/S/T topic in there.

Feel free to send in reports as necessary.

locked issue
moved issue from Community Suggestions

0 user(s) are reading this issue

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users