Here is little thingy that IP.Board has to offer, that I've seen work great on other forums, including another LEGO-related forum.
I just think having the same style among all the site would be nice. Also, this portal feature will keep the RSS feed from messing up HTML in each RSS news article. That's what drives me insane when looking at my Google Reader which I have all of my LEGO-related news sites hooked up to for easy viewing on one page.
Adding a pros and cons list just for those curious.
- All features that don't work right now would be able to work (hot topics list, etc)
- Get access to see your new notifications and messages on the front page, and even see what new messages you got, and who from.
- Style would be consistent between all parts of BZPower
- Talkback topics wouldn't have glitches with duplicate topics being made and raw HTML being visible
- You would be able to choose your theme between the themes available on BZPower's forums.
- Would be easy for the staff to update, add, or remove things on the main page
- News RSS would be integrated into IP.Board, so wouldn't have raw HTML visible in RSS viewers (Google Reader, etc)
- BZPower news stories could contain anything that can be contained in a BZPower Forums post, and the staff could even enable HTML on news stories for the IP.Board front page, so videos could be embedded, etc.
- The design everybody has come to love would be replaced with a fresh, new layout and design.
The BZPower staff can copy the main page's file (index.php) and rename it "legacy.php" or whatever they want, and put a link or even a setting (which would be more difficult) to use the old main page if you are the kind of person who hates change, and wants to keep the old design.
While we definitely need to fix some things and update the front page, I don't think Invision is the way to go.
0 user(s) are reading this issue
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users