• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Issue Information

• Issue

Issue Confirmations

• Yes (29)No (0)
Photo

Update the Filter

Posted by Black Six on Nov 13 2012 - 11:12 AM

It's outdated and need to be reevaluated.

In regard to the site that cannot be mentioned, the rule is not enforced completely because of the comments posted there. That's one of the main reasons, yes, considering the comments can be very crude, offensive, racist, and deragatory. The staff do understand that most people watch videos on the site anyways. The problem with linking to a video on that site is that there are suggestions on the side for related videos that may contain inappropriate content, ads that aren't as safe as those on BZP, and there are many other factors that could harm BZP users. You have to understand that it would be very hard for the staff to moderate every single video posted on BZP. And considering the video site does not have many boundaries set for posted content, user could post very inappropriate videos via BZP. You also need to consider the young children that may or may not view this site. It doesn't matter AT ALL if there are ONLY 20 people under 13 on this site (There are way more than that believe me, it was just an example). Those 20 13-year-olds could see inappropriate videos/comments and in turn BZPower would get the blame, if any blame was involved. So you see, it's not all about the comments or even about the videos themselves, a lot of it has to do with members that probably shouldn't watch inappropriate videos (To be honest, nobody should really be watching inappropriate videos anywways).

-Rez

In regards to that video site thing I agree with Reznaz

HOWER: I think embedding a video in a post from it should be allowed since I think there are no ads/comments then.

HOWER: I think embedding a video in a post from it should be allowed since I think there are no ads/comments then.

Yes, but videos embedded from that site automatically link to its page on the site, which doesn't eliminate the problem. 

Edited by fishers64, Apr 21 2013 - 05:00 PM.

Yes, but videos embedded from that site automatically link to its page on the site, which doesn't eliminate the problem. 

Not to mention embedding a video does not make the content any less inappropriate (if it is, in fact, inappropriate). That would still make it hard for the staff to keep track of. But regardless, if you want to protest about making that one video site allowed on BZP, I would suggest making a tracker suggestion for it. This topic is about the word filter. It seems as if we've gotten a bit off topic.

-Rez

With the recent advertising policy updates, YouTube has been removed from the filter. There is definitely more scrubbing that needs to be done, however.

The short of modification! Please, it is equally common as the word moderator and it's just plean annoying.

Guurahk Entertainer
Aug 04 2013 04:09 PM

The short of modification! Please, it is equally common as the word moderator and it's just plean annoying.

Yes, the short for moderator should be removed. 

The reason why it was there in the first place was because of Mentioning sites with forums = bad, and with the advertising policy been revised, I don't think that word should be censored out anymore. Also, modifications and modding is a really common thing to do, so no reason to keep that filter for that either. 

Yes, the short for moderator should be removed. 

The reason why it was there in the first place was because of Mentioning sites with forums = bad, and with the advertising policy been revised, I don't think that word should be censored out anymore. Also, modifications and modding is a really common thing to do, so no reason to keep that filter for that either. 

In further case, very few people even know what website that abbreviation even refers to anymore. :shrugs: Nine times out of ten they are using a legit meaning. 

Or something else. :P I can't even abbreviate the name of the current S&T contest without running into it. :lol:

Yeah, I think moderator is kind of useless. Virtually all the uses of "moderator" don't refer to that forum, but instead they mean a modification of something, like a Minecraft moderator.

The moderator filter is outdated. Even if we don't get rid of the filter for the full site name, can't we at least get rid of that one? It's easily the most useless filter we still have.

The moderator filter is outdated. Even if we don't get rid of the filter for the full site name, can't we at least get rid of that one? It's easily the most useless filter we still have.

I agree.

-Gata Posted Image

I agree.

-Gata Posted Image

Fully Agree...

The Administration has been slowly working on the filter, and I think we're in pretty good shape now. I'm going to put this into Verification to see if anyone disagrees.

-Windrider-
Jun 05 2014 11:08 PM

There may be a few more I'd like to see removed, but I'm glad to see mod is now accepted!

EDIT: Disregard the above; I'm an idiot. : P I think we're good?

Edited by -Windrider-, Aug 20 2014 - 08:15 PM.

locked issue

0 user(s) are reading this issue

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users