• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Issue Information

• Issue

Issue Confirmations

• Yes (18)No (0)
Photo

Talkback button

Posted by Dralcax on Nov 20 2012 - 05:44 PM

When you click the Talkback button on a news article, instead of taking you to the talkback for that story like it used to, it links to the News Discussion forum, and you have to find the talkback thread yourself. It can be a little frustrating if the talkback threads from several other news stories have been posted in more recently. Would it be possible to link to the specific topics rather than the forum?

Actually, for me at least, its only doing this when there is no Talkback. The problem seems to be that it takes about 30 minutes at least for each article to get a Talkback.

Actually, for me at least, its only doing this when there is no Talkback. The problem seems to be that it takes about 30 minutes at least for each article to get a Talkback.

That's definitely not the case for me; nothing on the front page at the moment links to its talkback topic (with the exception of the announcement of the FFFC winners, which links to the FFFC topic).

Makuta Luroka
Jul 17 2013 01:05 AM
Same here. I would very much appreciate more direct links.

ShadowWolfHount
Dec 19 2013 08:57 AM
Same here aswell, it is good that it link to the topic then the News Forum.

It would be possible to edit the news story when the talkback is generated and update it with a direct talkback link, but that would be kind of a hassle to do for all news stories. Not to mention that often when a news story is edited after a talkback was already created, it gets a new one, so every news story would have two talkbacks.

-Gata Posted Image

Edited by Gatanui, Dec 20 2013 - 06:03 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this issue

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users