Click to ToggleParticipate in our raffle!
Yes (7)No (0)
[b]Fatal error[/b]: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in [b]/home/bzpower/public_html/board/ips_files/sources/classes/text/parser.php[/b] on line [b]583[/b]I have never seen this before the recent upgrade, and the fact that it's currently happened four times when I open that specific blog(And seemingly only that blog), is a very curious thing. And just to confirm; all the blogs on the first page open correctly, except for the blog I linked, which is Jean Valjean's blog, which refuses to open, citing that error.
/EDIT: More interesting: There's actually different error codes for the other two tries: One calls 'line 1061', and the other calls 'line 1058'. The first two tries called the same line, however.
//EDIT: Further updates; one of my tries to make sure it was still happening managed to call a different error, in '/home/bzpower/public_html/board/ips_files/sources/base/core.php on line 5387'
Whenever I try to look at my own blog, I get this message:
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/bzpower/public_html/board/ips_files/sources/classes/text/parser.php on line 1058
When I asked a friend to look at my bog, he came across the same problem. We are capable at looking at the blogs of other people, but not mine.
Edited by Jean Valjean, Nov 29 2012 - 05:01 PM.
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/bzpower/public_html/board/ips_files/sources/classes/text/parser.php on line 1061
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/bzpower/public_html/board/ips_files/sources/classes/text/parser.php on line 583
Looks like someone needs to look at parser.php, lines 583, 1061, and 1058.
However, it's odd, because I can even get into my own blog, and it's old pages, without any problems... What could be in those php files that is causing these problems?
Ah, Invision. You're just so good at blogs.
EDIT: I appear to be able to create entries now without getting an error.
Edited by Sumiki, Nov 29 2012 - 06:37 PM.
Page 16, for the record; though I haven't seen any others that mess up like that so far.
Knowing next to nothing about how the back end of the site works, could it have anything to do with entries on those pages having a large number of replies? I know the first page of Kraggh's blog has had that ongoing "versus" entry that, due to how he re-edits it to start a new discussion topic, has accumulated a massive number of replies. Do the offending pages on the Bones Blog also have entries with lots of replies? Could that be what's causing it?
I doubt it. The things I linked to were archive pages that just made a list of entry titles.
- Invision changed the way they parse content with this release.
- Parsing includes processing BBCode, emoticons, and the badword filter.
- Topics and posts have their content parsed and cached upon creation, while blog entries do not. They're parsed every time they're accessed.
- Those two blogs, on those particular views, had a large amount of text, so the parser has a lot of work to do when they're loaded.
- In particular, the large amount of emoticons and entries in the badword filter made the parser time out when those two blogs were loaded.
- The quick fix has been to reduce the number of blog entries that are displayed per page - the default is now 5 and users can customize up to 10.
- Invision will change the behavior in the next release so that it caches the parsed content like in topics.
- The administration will start to reduce the number of entries in the badword filter to help reduce the strain on the parser. This does NOT mean a complete revamp. There are, however, lots of links that are now dead that can be removed.
0 user(s) are reading this issue
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users