Hopefully last question

McNugget

Alright, now i have 3 last questions, how do insert pictures directly? I've been doing links to my pictures in the past, but I want to put them in directly! how do i do this?

Is it possible to change the name of gallerys, and if so, how?

How do i make more of my own gallerys if possible

Thank you and sorry for troubling you all with so many questions!

Edited by Dragon11603

For future reference, please check out the Q&A Compendium before posting questions in the Q&A and make sure to ask questions related to images in the Pictures Topic.

1. Click the button in your text editor that looks like a little tree in a picture. It's right under the smiley face at the top of your text editor. Then enter in the link of your image, and it should be embedded into your post (you can read more about this in the Pictures topic).

2. You can change the names of albums you create in the Gallery, yes. (Check out the related Q&A Compendium entry, and if you need further guidance, just ask :) ).

3. Each time you want to create an album, go to the Gallery and click the upload button at the top right of the main Gallery page. The first option will ask if you'd like to create an album. Keep in mind that regular members are limited to 2GB of space in the gallery, where as Premier members get 10GB.

-Rez

EDIT: By the way, don't apologize about asking questions! That's what the Q&A is for, and it's better that you get the information now than for you to make a mistake and have to ask about it later!

Edited by Reznas

What image extension is it? (For example, .jpg, .png, .bmp). I can help you change it if that is the problem.

Look at the image file on your computer to see the extension.

Its a .jpg

Could you show us the link you've been trying to insert? If the image isn't deeplinked, you won't be able to embed it. If you can show us the link, we can determine if it's deeplinked or not, or if there's some other problem.

-Rez

Sure! heres one of them, https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5EdRvSKnOeLdWh3NjVMWldUX1E/edit, Its a Nui jaga

Edited by Dragon11603

Yeah, the problem you're having is based on the fact that the image isn't deep linked. Deep linking is when you provide a URL for the image, you are linking exclusively to the image, and not to the rest of the website the image is hosted on. As far as I know, there isn't any way to deep link with Google Drive, so your best bet is to upload the image onto an image hosting website like flickr, brickshelf or majhost, just to name a few, and embed images you have uploaded from there.

If you need any help figuring out how to deep link on an image hosting site, make sure to ask. :)

-Rez

EDIT: I've found a way to deep link using Google Drive, but it's probably more work than doing what I suggested above.

Edited by Reznas
  • Upvote 1

Using the link you provided me with, I right clicked the image, then viewed its properties (depending on the browser this option may or not be available). In the properties, it provided me with the deep link. Here is the deep link of the image you linked to:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/_KINw2HGkJtCfoo9wAlAP8Jvo41HNdzth8O3k92EEl4H7vmgb08lrjGrOq-s1UJrS6vkunH_hKQ=w1896-h873

Here are a couple of photos that will hopefully help:

Step 1

Step 2

Step 3

-Rez

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...