Koli ball champ
Nov 15 2003, 11:15 AM
1. Is the plant like thingies on the teaser page of comic 15 the Morzarkhub(spelled it wrong)?
That is one Morbuzakh vine, out of many, many, many.
2. All the Matoran on the teaser page are missing in '04. Is the one that is the traitor missing, or is it just a act?
No, all are missing, but you're right, five are more missing than one is
3. What is Toa Nuju's personality?
There is a Toa Nuju bio topic in the storyline forum, it's there.
4. Some as above, but whats his tool?
Can't answer it.
5.Is there a Kini-Nui for Metru Nui?
Not as such.
6. If I am not mistaken, since the Turaga were once Toa, and they had the same elemantal powers as the current Toa, does that mean that there is a Toa Metru of light?
No, there is no Toa Metru of Light that I know of. Remember, there is no Turaga of Light either.
7.Is the Ahkmou in the MNOLG2 and the Ahkmou in '04 the same guy?
Can't answer it.
8. According to the history of Kolhii in the MNOLG2, Po-Matoran and Onu-Matoran invented Kolhii on Mata-Nui. If Kolhii was played on Metru-Nui, how could they have invented it on Mata-Nui?
Easy. Kolhii on Mata Nui is played with sticks. Kolhii on Metru Nui is played a totally different way. Also remember that the Matoran remember NOTHING of their life on Metru Nui. So they didn't know the sport had even existed before.
9. Kopaka, Gali, Lewa, Tahu and Takanuva all fire their abilites in the form of elemental blasts. How do Pohatu and Onua attack with thier element?
Has to do with actually controlling existing earth and stone.
10. Will we get a map of Metru-Nui?
Yes, in January.
11. How does the Morzarkbuh( Mispelled it again!) Attack people?
Oh, let's see .. vines .. flying thorns .. seeds that wrap you up like a mummy .. all sorts of ways ...
12. In '04, before the Turaga-Matoran have transformed into Toa, were their masks the noble masks they have as Turaga, or are they the sames masks they have as Toa?
I would answer if I could, but I do not know. I have not seen them in their Matoran form.
13. Toy wise, are the Toa Metru taller than normal Toa?
Don't know, don't have the sets to compare them.
14. Did all the Matoran on Metru-Nui move to Mata-Nui, or did some stay behind?
Can't answer it.
15. During all the time the Matoran were on Mata-Nui, what was happening to Metru-Nui?
Not a lot.
Nov 15 2003, 11:24 AM
My questions are numbered, his answers aren't.
Sorry about the length of this, but I had a lot of questions. Don’t worry about responding quickly. I hope this doesn’t back up your other answers. As always, thanks for being the most helpful member around!
1. Were the original Toa called Toa Mata? Because we have Toa Metru…
2. Could old Toa “summon” their tools like the Rahkshi and Toa Nuva can? I mean take them out of thin air.
Yes, most likely.
3. When not being used the Toa Nuva’s tools stay in the slots of their Suvas, correct?
That I do not know.
4. How did the new Suva (the tops of the Toa Nuva canisters) appear? Do the Toa Nuva keep their masks on those new Suva, or on their old ones?
My guess would be they were built to honor the Toa Nuva.
5. Can Kanohi Nuva share powers with Matoran, Rahi, Turaga, or anything? Or only other Toa Nuva?
Yes, for example, a Hau Nuva can be used to shield Matoran who are nearby.
6. Is the void (from the original MNOLG) Makuta? Because we know that he is a shapeshifter, and when he changed in the episode his “extra pieces” returned to the void. So is it, in essence, his pieces? Could he not change into something that used more then that amount of pieces?
Can't answer it. Makuta's true nature is not something the story team heads have discussed with me.
7. Can any amount or combination of beings merge? Could five Toa combine? Could a Turaga and Matoran combine? You once mentioned a Toa Nui, and it has forever been stuck in my mind.
I do not know if a Turaga and Matoran can combine, since they are not like beings. But I would think it is possible for different numerical combinations to combine, though it does seem that units of three work best.
8. Where do Toa (Nuva) masks go when recalled? The Suva? If so, when they go to Metru Nui will the Suva stay on Mata Nui or somehow be brought to Metru Nui?
They will have to create new suva on Metru Nui.
9. Do Matoran eat by actually ingesting food or by absorbing energy? We already know that they get some strength from energy (amana volo sphere).
Can't answer it. There is a great deal of debate in the story team on whether Matoran eat or not. I personally believe they do, but I don't get to make the call on that.
10. If Matoran need to breath, how can they survive being frozen? In the MNOLG Kopeke was frozen, and in the Mask of Light Tahu Nuva was frozen.
Easy. They were flash frozen, the same way cryogenics works.
11. Because they are not organic, do Bohrok and Rahkshi need to breath? Do krana and kraata?
Krana and kraata most likely do. Rahkshi and Bohrok probably do not.
12. Why did some Matoran get color changes when they went from McToran to their 2003 form?
Don't know, that was a design decision in Denmark.
13. Stage six silence kraata says it can “even deafen a Toa Nuva.” Why would it be harder to deafen a Toa then a Matoran or Turaga?
Because Toa have greater willpower.
14. In comic #14, why did Tahu and Kopaka use their powers together to seal in the kraata? Wouldn’t the ice eventually melt and free the kraata, especially since Tahu blasted the rocks next to it into magma?
Tahu melted the rocks into magma and Kopaka then froze the magma.
15. It is said that from their krana, each Bohrok receives a rank and a job. What are the ranks of krana? I always imagined it (from highest to lowest) Xa Za Ja Vu Yo Bo Ca Su
Probably pretty close.
16. Are Bionicle characters “warm blooded”? Do they generate body heat and water vapor? Because in MoL, Takua and Jaller didn’t exhale steam.
We do not know if BIONICLE characters even have blood. Odds are, being predominantly mechanical, they do not.
17. What are the powers of the Golden and Silver Kanohi? I have heard many different answers. I know that the silver Kanohi are masks that are powerless or not being worn, but do they have any additional powers? And does a Golden Kanohi allow to use multiple powers (say, shielding and levitation) at the same time? Some people have said that a Golden Kanohi also has the power of Valor, but that is Aki.
My belief is that the golden Kanohi has three powers and the silver has the other three.
18. Do Golden Kanohi change shape when they are being used? In one episode it showed them changing, but in the comics the always retain the shape of the wearer’s primary Kanohi. Which is correct?
I do not believe golden Kanohi change shape. If they do, no one has ever told me about it.
19. What are the powers of Aki and Rua? I know Valor and Wisdom, but anything else?
Again, I think it was probably three powers each.
20. Was the Maha to Mahi name change the same reason as the Kewa / Kahu to Gukko change?
I have no doubt -- that is why most names are changed in BIONICLE.
21. Stage six Quick Healing Rahkshi says “if captured, can be used to heal others.” Does this mean that Rahkshi, like Bohrok, can be tamed? If not, then what?
That's a good question. As you will see next year, Rahkshi who are not actively being given a mission by Makuta are sort of like velociraptors .. nasty, dangerous, and prone to fighting among themselves. Would it be impossible to get one tamed? Maybe not, but I don't know of any Matoran who would ever try.
22. Do all kraata have names like Ye, Guu, and Cu? It seems fairly simple to make them. If so, will we ever see a complete list of these names and the colors of the Rahkshi that each kraata becomes?
No, we have never given the kraata names. Every name we create needs to go through extensive and expensive legal checks, so we try to only do names when it is important to the story. You will see a color list, yes.
23. Can you clear up the silver / gray debate? All of the pictures show un-worn Kanohi as silver, and the depleted Kanohi Nuva are always silver. We know that unworn Kanohi Nuva are silver, so why wouldn’t other masks be too? Where did the “gray” idea come from?
I have never thought of unworn Kanohi as silver .. because there already are silver Kanohi which are not inactive. I have always seen them as gray, myself.
24. What happened to the krana trapped in Ga-Wahi? Will they somehow die, or remain trapped forever? In other words, do krana need nourishment? We know Matoran do.
Which krana are you talking about?
25. Will we ever see a map of Mata Nui? I would like a really detailed one with the Mojav desert, Tiro canyon, etc.
I doubt you will see one anytime soon, since the story is shifting away from Mata Nui in '04.
26. Must an infected mask somehow be cleansed, or does it recover when it is removed? If it does need to be cleansed, how?
It does need to be cleansed. The process has to be done by all six Toa and is similar to the process used to heal Tahu in the movie.
27. Could a kraata infect a silver mask, so when a Toa put it on they would be infected? Or does the mask have be worn to be infected?
I do not think the mask has to be worn to be infected, no.
28. Does the Akaku have a separate “zoom” mode in addition to x-ray vision? This was shown in the Mask of Light and the MNOLG.
29. Besides that odd way in the movie is there anyway to heal poison, such as herbs or medicines? Because of poisonous Rahi (Kuna, Makika…) they would have had to had medicines before, right?
We do not know the extent of medicine on Mata Nui -- we have never seen healers. I do know that such abilities existed on Metru Nui however.
30. Does the infection of a mask make the wearer under Makuta’s direct control or just make the wearer do his will? Or can Makuta go back and forth – directly control the wearer or put them on “autopilot”?
I do not believe Makuta has to guide their every step. I believe they serve his overriding will.
31. Were those tiny flies in Le-Wahi (in the Mask of Light) completely organic or just mechanical on a tiny level? Because they were too small to be seen, and they don’t have pieces that small.
Probably nanotech. The only completely organic creatures on Mata Nui are creatures who came from someplace other than Mata Nui.
32. Could Toa Nuva take off their armor to go into the Exo-Toa? Because in the Exo-Toa instructions it shows an armorless Tahu Nuva inside it.
33. In the third Bionicle book, Makuta’s Revenge, Why is Jala still named Jala while Huki is Hewkii? Is that an error or were the naming ceremonies held at different times?
As I recall, the new name for Jaller had not been decided upon when that book was written. The new name came about with the movie script, which was probably still undergoing revisions at that point.
34. If a Matoran does a good deed, their name is lengthened. If they do a bad deed, is it shortened? I think you already said no, but just making sure…
35. In the third book the Krana-Kal are always visible. How? Is that another error, or could they see it somehow (Akaku Nuva)?
It was for simplicity of story.
36. If Bionicle has no marriage or biological reproduction, why are the love relationships between Jaller / Hahli and Hewkii / Macku necessary?
I wonder that too. Basically, all that started on the web and has just sort of snowballed. It's not something I bother with in the comics.
37. In the Mask of Light, why was the Avohkii gold? Shouldn’t it be silver? Or is the Avohkii special?
I don't see it as gold, I see it as bronze.
38. Can Rahkshi or Bohrok be poisoned? They are not living things, so would it be possible?
Their krana or kraata could be, but I doubt they could be.
39. Will we ever get an Official Guide to Bionicle geared more towards the older crowd? Dorling Kindersley does great work for very different topics (from Star Wars to Toy Story) and produces detailed, high quality work. Not that your book wasn’t good, but it was a bit brief and unrevealing.
Well, the book was written to Scholastic's specs. I do think that the next one we do will have more "meat" to it. But their feeling is that we are writing this for 10-12 year olds, and for people who may not know anything at all about BIONICLE. That's why it came across as so basic. But I know the current editor on the series wants something more substantial next go-around.
40. Do you think that you could ask for Onu-Matoran and Le-Matoran?
Onu-Matoran and Le-Matoran will be out in '04.
41. What education does Lego look for especially? What degrees or classes do they want you to have taken or gotten? Especially with respect to working with Bionicle…
It really depends on what kind of job you want to do. What aspect of BIONICLE would you want to work on?
42. If you have time, could you please read topic and tell me what you think of it? They would be perfect for when the storyline reverts back to the 2003 Matoran, in late 2004 or 2005. I KNOW that they would sell well.
What topic? And we will not be back to the 2003 Matoran that quickly, most likely.
43. Is this the most questions you have ever gotten at once?
Thanks a lot!!!
See answers above.
Nov 15 2003, 02:16 PM
Here are my new anquestions and their answers ....
Q- Are the new plant enemies smarter than Makuta ?
Q-Why were the Exo-Toa made the way they are ?
A- Can not answer yet .
Q-Can you tell us anything about the Late 2004 storyline ?
But GregF did say that the Late 2004 storyline is the storyline of the 2004 movie .
Nov 15 2003, 04:12 PM
Here are some more answers from greg.
Hey Greg, I was hoping you could answer some more of my questions.
Can you tell me the name of Nuju’s weapon, since we already know half of the weapons of the toa metru?
Does Nuju’s mask have that X shape to it like Nuju’s turaga mask?
Do the Toa Metru heads move around like the makuta toy does?
Are the new heads (behind the mask) different from the ones we have now, because they do look like they have a different shape?
Can't answer 2-4, I do not have the sets.
Is that Po-Metru behind Onewa in the Toyfare pic, or somewhere else?
Do the Toa Metru have the same elemental powers as the toa now?
Can't answer it.
Is Nuju mostly white, or mostly grey because Kopaka had a little bit of both, and Toa Vakama has no orange like Toa Tahu, and in the guide it said kopaka was silver, so sorry if this is confusing, but which color is Nuju? Grey or White?
Again, I don't have the set, so I can't give you an authoritative answer.
Will the Toa Metru ever get armor, like the Toa Nuva?
There are no plans to upgrade the Toa Metru like we did the original Toa.
See above. Sorry I could not be more help.
Nov 15 2003, 05:23 PM
Hey. A few of the new teasers from Metru Nui have me confused, so I'm just going to jump right in.
1. Why do the six matoran have new body shapes? and do all the matoran have these bodies, or the 2003 ones?
Okay, first, you are aware that 2004 takes place in the past, right? These are the Matoran who lived on Metru Nui before they ever came to Mata Nui. After they came to Mata Nui, Makuta weakened the Matoran so that they ended up looking like the McDonald's toys. In 2003, they rebuilt themselves as best they could into the '03 shape.
2.If they do have these new bodies, why did they change to 2003 ones?
See answer to #1.
5.when do you get to see the final desighns for the sets? I'm guessing whenever they appear in the comics so you can get an idea of what you need to have them doing.
Yes and no. The final designs for the Toa and the Matoran I saw a month or two ago. But some of the bad guy sets, who I have already been writing about, I did not see until yesterday. Until they are on display in the showroom here, I usually don't see them.
6.Another thing that has been bothering me is that since the Toa Nuva all the "Elemental" figures (The six-color variations like Bohrok, Rahkshi, etc...) have been exactly identical besides color and weaponry. Will the Toa Metru have variation, like Onewa having the reverse body or are we doomed to another clone year?
The reason for the bodies being similar is most likely that doing six totally unique figures each time would involve a lot more molds and probably drive the price of the figures up.
how many codes are there per type of disc, like there are 6 colors per mask, there are blank codes per Kanoka
Ah, that information I do not have. All the code tracking is being handled by the web team.
Nov 15 2003, 09:44 PM
Yes, it is me again.
1: Okay, will they have sets of the Morkubakh or whatever they are called?
2: I know you probably can't answer this, but I bet Makuta is the the honcho boss in 2004, eh?
3: Does the 2004 storyline take place after Mata Nui has fallen to Makuta's darkness?
4: On Metru Nui, do they have vehicles besides animals?
Yes, they do.
5: We know the Matoran were forced off of Metru Nui, but were some left behind, and in 2005 do we see them?
Can't answer anything related to 2005 storyline.
6: How big is Metru Nui in comparison to Mata Nui (I mean in size of land).
All I know is it is supposed to be bigger.
7: Were the Matoran Metru aware of Mata Nui the island?
8: Were the Turaga always wise while they were Matoran then to Toa?
9: Do the Turaga Metru (I know there is only one) look different then the Mata Nui Turaga?
Well, yes, it is a different character.
10: Are the Rahkshi really a threat to the Matoran Metru? And how many different races of Rahkshi reall are there?
There are potentially limitless numbers of Rahkshi. And if one is loose in Metru Nui, it is a threat, which is why steps are taken to keep them from rampaging.
11: Okay, if Rahkshi are on Metru Nui, then that only points to the fact that Makuta is starting to take over? Because Kraata are his sons and his essence.
No, the Rahkshi that are in Metru Nui are not there on behalf of Makuta.
12: Where exactly did the Toa Olda come from, who made them, or how were they made? The original thing was they were made during the creation of Mata Nui.
Well, you should know I can't answer that.
13: Was the island of Mata Nui created, or was always there?
Everything was created, at some point in time.
14: Is the story of BIONICLE supposed to take place on earth? I hope so!
No idea -- no BIONICLE story bible has ever specified what world it takes place on.
15: Now, BIONICLE in the past, or are we the past to them. And we are living in the before time? Please answer!
Again, no idea. That is not something that the story team has defined, because at this point it is not relevant to the story.
Nov 16 2003, 08:45 AM
Here are my questions and answers:
Since we know the whole matoran, toa, turaga evolution I have a few questions-
1. We all know metru nui had seven toa because turaga dume had to be a toa before a turaga. Will we ever learn about or see this seventh toa metru as a set or in the comics?
Actually, we don't know that. We don't know anything about Turaga Dume's past, or if he was a Toa, how long ago that was or where it was.
2. Is metru nui the place that Takanuva protects like the toa each protect their koros?
No, Takannuva has no special connection to Metru Nui.
3. Is turaga dume the turaga of light, and was he once the toa metru of light?
No and no.
4. Is makuta the toa of darkness? Is their a toa of darkness or shadows if he isn't?
No, and now that I know of. Makuta is way more powerful than a Toa.
5. Will the new enemies be one powerful enemy, a group of six enemies, or a group and a leader?
There are multiple enemies next year.
6. Will there start to be sevens of the enemies when we get out of the past?
Do not know what the product plans are at that point.
7. Is the 2004 movie in the before time or the present?
2004 movie focuses on the Turaga as Toa.
8. Will the toa nuva face any new foes before the end of 2004?
9. Is 2005 a flashback too, or is ti old enemies in the present?
Can't discuss it.
10. Will mata nui be awoken in 2004 or 2005?
I doubt it.
11. Is makuta really gone, or is the description of him being in the 2005 movie false?
That description is a stock BIONICLE description -- it doesn't really apply to the script. And I don't know whether Makuta is alive or dead anymore than you do.
12. Are there any other great spirits?
13. Will the toa ever transorm again?
No plans for that.
14. Will we ever have more enemies like the bohrok and then the bohrok-kal?
Not sure what you're asking?
15. I stheir a great spirit called metru nui, and if not how did it get its name?
No, that is just the name of the city.
16. Are the matoran called matoran if they are from mata nui and metoran if they are from metru nui?
No, they are still Matoran. Technically, they should be called Tohunga, because that was their name in 2001 -- but we are not allowed to use that term, so we are going with Matoran again.
17. Are the matoran named after mata nui?
18. Are there any other civiliztions under or above mata nui?
Can't answer it.
19. Is their anything below metu nui?
Can't answer it.
20. is the story line just going to go deeper and deeper below the ground, or is their a world above mata nui like there is one above metr nui?
I only know the storyline through '05.
21. Where did the bohrok come from?
Can't answer it.
22. Are the krana an ancient race, were they part of an enemy like the kratta, or are they created by the bahrag?
They are created by the Bahrag.
23. Are the bahrag machines or partially organic?
They are biomechanical, like most things on Mata Nui.
24. What is the connection between the toa and the bohrok/bahrag?
Can't answer it.
25. Is the islnad of mata nui actually the spirit, and when it is cleaned , it becomes mata nui since it is shaped like his face?
The island is not a spirit, no.
26. Will the bohrok have a role in awakening mata nui, and if so will they be released as sets again?
I doubt very much they will ever be re-released.
27.Do you think bionicle will be discontinued before we see a mata nui set?
Hope not It's only being discontinued if sales fall.
28. What does the past have to do with the future of bionicle, and are the bohrok going to have cleansed mata nui when the toa return to the surface as a part of a step in wakening mata nui?
The only way the Bohrok can cleanse Mata Nui is if the Bahrag get freed. As for the rest, you will have to wait and see.
29. What will happen if he is awoken, and why do they want to wake him?
They want to wake him because he is the Great Spirit.
30. Will there be more toa in the very distant before time or in the future?
31. Is there ever going to be a new type of good guy?
32. Will the bohrok toa relationship be revealed in 2004.
Thank you very much greg, I am sorry for so many questions. i really appreciate the time your taking to read all of these. I thought it would be better to ask you every question I had at once instead of slowly askin them a few at a time. Thank you very much. It is very generous of you to answer questions. Thanks, alex w.
Nov 16 2003, 11:36 AM
Hi Greg, I hope you don't mind some questions...
1. You said in a question that you saw the 2004 villains, so how are they, cool, articulated?
Yes, to both.
2. Is there any relevance in the same last letters in MorbuzaKH and RazaKH and the other ones?
3. Will there be any Le, Onu Matorans in 2003 form in 2004?
No, no reason for there to be. There were no Matoran in '03 form on Metru Nui.
4. Did Kopeke exist in the before time?
5. Since the Matatu isn't Kopeke's real mask, does his fall of like Takua's?
6. Is Vakama the only Toa with a disk launcher?
7. What does Toa Nuju's weapon(s) look like?
Hard to describe .. but I will tell you that they are called crystal spikes.
8. Will the Toa Metru have the same powers (Ice, fire) as the Toa (Nuva), or will it be new neverbefore seen powers?
Can't answer it.
9. Do you ever get to meet with Lego's big boss, and is it like that when your story is finished its sent to him to check, or does he have employees to do that?
No, I have never met with the owner of the company. When my stuff needs to be approved, it goes to three people -- the head of Character and Story Development, the BIONICLE Franchise Manager, and the head of the web development team for BIONICLE.
10. Will the original Toa ever play a role in the Bionicle storyline again?
11. Do you know the final story of Bionicle already?
No, I only know through '05.
12. Will the "Morbuzakh" be like the Kal, a sort step for the Toa Metru to become stronger, get familiarised (dunno if thats a word ) with their powers or will they be like Makuta?
Well, the Morbuzakh is the first challenge they face, but it is not like the minor leagues -- the Morbuzakh can easily wipe out the city.
13. Are there other beings who can yank Kraata out of themselves?
14. When you say that the Rahkshi act like Velociraptors(Yeah, big Jurassic Park fan here...) does that mean that they kinda use their staffs as balance to do some sort of drop kick on their enemies. Or are their staff powers their main powers?
No, has nothing to with their style of combat. Has to do with their temperament.
15. Have you seen the Toa Metru cans yet? Ifso, are they cool?
No, I haven't.
16. In Nuhrii's bios it says he wants to create the most powerfull Kanohi ever. Are they talking about the Vahi or the Avohkii?
17. Do you have anymore news about the Vahi being in a set?
Not at this point, no, only that it is being discussed as either a part of a set or a promotion.
18. Do you still enjoy Bionicle (comics) like you did when you started writing?
19. Do you mind long question lists?
No, I prefer to it 56 PMs in a week from the same person.
20. Is your job relaxed or a bit stressed?
Oh, it is usually not that stressful.
21. Does Toa Nuju speak normal or Bling toing poink toinkie?
He speaks Matoran like everyone else.
22. Which of the Toa Metru is the most unsure about his/her power?
I wouldn't say unsure of their power, but unsure about living up to being a Toa, probably Vakama.
23. Is it me or are Toa Onewa and Toa Matau's masks a bit the same?
24. Do the Matoran 2004 have the color/proto colored kanohi like in the pics of the comic?
I think so.
25. Do you think that when Bionicle ends Lego will come out with something similar?
No idea. It may not be ending for 10-12 years.
26. Are there any vacant jobs at the Bionicle team ?
27. Do you know when Bionicle.com will be updated on the Toa Metru, Metru-Nui etc. month would be okay?
I know there are plans for early next year.
28.Will the Toa Metru come with CD's again?
No, something different
29. Would you mind living in the Bionicle world?
I am not sure anything purely organic would survive too well there.
30. What did you mean with the Morbuzakh being "ambitious" or something like that?
Welllll ... let's say it started out with a very basic goal, and that went so well that now it has a much bigger goal in mind.
Thanks for always answering our questions with kindness!
So, the Toa Olda will play a role in the story again some day!
Nov 16 2003, 12:18 PM
I'm sorry, but I've been dieing to know these things
Is Makuta the only being that can expel kraata?
He is the only one shown so far who can do it. Best answer I can give you.
Do the mata-nui matoran call it the time before time because they can't remember it?
If Metru-Nui is underground, then how will the matoran get there if they are going there by boat?
The boats have to be carried down through tunnels to the shore.
Will the toa nuva turn into turaga because they mutated into toa nuva, which is a form no other toa have became.
In all of history, would there only be about 22 toa?
Not sure where you got that figure from, but I have no idea of the answer to this question.
Was Makuta on Metru-Nui?
Can't answer it.
Thank tou for taking the time out of your day to answer these questions.
See answers above.
Nov 16 2003, 04:29 PM
|Yes, I know it's true... It is me again... but I only have 3 questions this time!|
1: Okay, Is Toa Onewa's weapon like a chain with picks at the end, even in the toys, does it move like a chain, or is it one solid piece?
2: The latest Toy Fair magazine shows a Matoran who looks like Tehutti, but it says Toa Whenua. Is Toa Whenua really a Matoran Metru form, or does he have the design as a Toa Metru and Toy Fair just messed up?
3: Where would you want to live on Mata Nui, Would you want to be a Matora, Toa, Turaga? And what color would you be?
Not sure whether my answers got through last time or not, so here goes again --
1) It's one piece.
2) ToyFare screwed up and put Whenua's name by a picture of Tehutti.
3) Probably a Toa, not sure where. Most likely not Onu-Koro.
Master of the Rahkshi
Nov 16 2003, 04:38 PM
My latest set of questions (probsbly the last ofr a while):
|We know that the three circles on the inside of the Bionicle symbol mean Unity, Duty, and Destiny. What do the two things encircling them mean? Mata Nui and Makuta?|
Sorry, no idea.
What other powers does the Kolhii Staff of Light have? Ditto with the Kolhii Staff of Darkness.
Other powers besides what? My guess would be the staffs simply channel the powers that Takanuva and Makuta have, which are largely the powers given to them by their masks.
You said there would be more Ussanuis. Past or present?
I have no idea. I am assuming Takanuva's Ussanui will be rebuilt for the trip to Metru Nui, I have no idea if others will or could be built, given that they would not have access to Kal/Rahkshi parts with which to build them.
This has been bugging me since I saw the MoL: how did Takua get to know all this stuff? Nobody else knew how to make a Ussanui, but he does...only after he turns into a Toa. Nobody knows how to power it...but again, he does, after he turns into a Toa. Where did this knowledge come from?
Since it was his destiny from the start to be the Seventh Toa, my guess is that knowledge was already somewhere in his brain waiting for the moment of transformation to be unlocked.
You say there are “things” in the Silver Sea, very dangerous things. Will we get to see any of these “things”?
You also said there are Rahi on Metru Nui. Would you say there are more or less than on Mata Nui?
I would say more, and more different kinds too.
On a scale of one to ten, how dangerous is the Morbuzakh? Makuta being ten, and a lone Rama being one.
Well, I don't want to rate it numerically, but I will say that in its own way it is just as dangerous as the Rahkshi. If the Rahkshi wanted to say, destroy the city, they would have to do it a metru at a time. The Morbuzakh could do it almost all at once.
Is there protodermis on Metru Nui? If so, how important is it?
Yes, and very.
Exactly how many Kanoka are there?
No idea. The web people are overseeing the maintenance of the codes.
How were the Toa Nuva’s symbols, and the Nuva cube, made? Were they forged? Or did they simply appear?
Can't answer it.
Were there other Chroniclers besides Takua and Hahli?
You said there is something akin to the Kini-Nui on Metru Nui. Will it play as big a part as its cousin?
Well, it plays a part, certainly.
Will the Matoran Kaita be in the storyline FINALLY next year?
Not the Kaita, but the Matoran Nui will be.
Do the Rahkshi play a big part in the storyline next year? Or do they sort of stay on the sidelines?
No, they are not a focus by any means -- they appear more in the Scholastic books than they will anywhere else.
How do the Toa Nuva take the news that some of the people they’ve been protecting all along were Toa themselves? Like, how are their reactions? Shocked? Nondescript? Or does it depend on who we’re talking about?
Well, as you can see from issue #15, they are not too thrilled.
Yay! The Matoran combiner will finally be in the storyline!
-Master of the Rahkshi
Nov 16 2003, 10:02 PM
1. How can Matoro translate Nuju?
My understanding is that Nuju's gestures and noises are part of an ancient Matoran dialect. Matoro has been trained in the same dialect, most likely by Nuju.
2. Did Matoro know Nuju before he was a Toa and then Turaga?
It's possible. I do not know for sure, but I do know that Matoro did live on Metru Nui at the same time that Nuju was a Matoran.
Nov 17 2003, 12:22 AM
Here are some more things I asked him:
Back with a few more questions:
Since the 2004 story takes place in the past, and MOL ended book 1, as you said, does that mean that really 2004 is book 1 and the Toa Olda and Nuva are book 2?
I don't know exactly what numbers are being designated for which book.
Do you know alot about 2005? In your opinion does that year look to be really good with the release of Bionicle to the big screen?
We are hoping for '05, but also aware that with Hollywood release dates can change because of a lot of things.
I read that the Toa Metru come with cards. Is this for a TCG, or are they collectible cards, and certain ones will be rare to get?
No, neither one.
Do you know alot about the 2004 movie? Does it look to be better the MOL, in battles and stuff?
I like it better than the '03 one, for a lot of reasons. I really can't speak to the battles thing until the movie is done, because LEGO has to approve it before it goes out the door and the company is not big on violence.
I sent Greg another question about the cards also:
Thanx for the info, can you give out anything about the cards?
Not at this time, no.
Looks like we probably won't get much info on em for a while.
Nov 17 2003, 04:36 PM
Sorry I forgot one
1. Did Matoro go with Nuju to hunt the Kraata?
I don't know, but I would tend to doubt it, only because Matoro's role is primarily interpreter. Who was Nuju going to be chatting with when he was hunting kraata? And while Matoro has been sworn to secrecy about Turaga doings, it would have been hard to keep it secret if he wound up with his mask infected. I don't think the Turaga wanted to risk anyone else's lives besides their own.
Nov 17 2003, 05:02 PM
Here's another question I sent to Gregf recently.
Question: Were the 2004 Matoran originally meant to be released in December 2003? It seems like if they were, then they would've been on the list of sets for 2003 that BZP released in January of this year. I hope you can give me an answer for this one.
Answer: We traditionally release a few Bionicle sets early, but the decision to do so is not usually made before October. And we would never release names of the following year's sets in January...we want people focused on the '03 sets at that point, not the '04 storyline--often the names of '04 sets have not even been cleared through Legal at that point.
Nov 17 2003, 08:59 PM
Here's what I asked him
were the great masks made and placed on mata nui?
answer:Yes, but i'm not sure "placed" is the best word... "thrown blindly" onto mata nui is more like it
Nov 18 2003, 01:48 PM
Here's my next session of Q&A from Greg. I like these ones.
Hi again, I just had a few questions, mainly about 2004. Thanks so much in advance, you're really a big help for everybody.
1. Is the Morbuzakh the darkness that Comic 15 refers to that "touched" one of the Matoran and tainted it?
No, that text is not meant to be taken literally. The Matoran is corrupt because he is corrupt -- he wasn't taken over by something else. He's just a rat.
2. Since Makuta basically mindwiped the Matoran, do they have the same personalities that they did on Metru Nui? Like, Jaller is upstanding and responsible now. Was he like this on Metru Nui?
3. Can you at least hint at us when we'll find out which Matoran it is that has been touched by darkness?
Oh, well, by May in the comic, earlier in the Scholastic books, not sure of the timing on the web.
4. Are you allowed to give even the briefest description of Nokama's weapon/tool? Because I'm kind of interested to see what kind of tool she would have, because most tools match the character wielding them.
Nokama's tool is called hydro blades. They are a little like Onewa's in that they have a sort of chain thing (I think) going -- she can fling them out in front of her to pull her through the water, but they are also strong enough to smash stone.
Thanks again, these are a big help.
All right! Nokama's got cool tools, we find out that the Matoran have the same personalities now that they did before, and we know that a Matoran hasn't been corrupted, he's just a rat. I'm betting on Ahkmou. Especially with the fact that the personalities are the same, and this seems to be the same Ahkmou, since two characters with the exact same name wouldn't really fit. So if he's a rat now, I'm guessing he was a rat before. CBT lives!
Nov 18 2003, 08:29 PM
This is the one question I ask him:
1.Why did Nuju start speaking the strange language??
That will be revealed in a future storyline.
Nov 18 2003, 08:40 PM
I asked him some questions, and here they are:
does the orientation of the kraahkan on makutas face have any bearing on the storyline? you know, how the mask sits on his face?
Not that I am aware of, no.
Can rahkshi posess the shadow kraata? If so, what color would they be, and what would thier power be?
I would assume they would have the power of infection.
Yes, Rahkshi can have shadow kraata, but it would not affect their coloration and they would have whatever power the kraata would have had in stages 1-6. The Rahkshi would not have the power of infection, as that is a kraata power only - which is why Rahkshi cannot infect masks by touching them. That is why most shadow kraata are not in Rahkshi, because they can do more damage on their own.
wel, there you go!
Nov 21 2003, 12:38 PM
Here's a couple of Comic questions I asked Greg:
Hey Greg, a question for you:
If you could write a full one issue comic focusing on one Toa Nuva, which would it be? I know they are a team, but just what if.
Hmmmm ... well, if it was Toa Nuva, I would say Kopaka. If it was Toa Metru, I would say either Onewa (cause I like his attitude) or Whenua (cause I like his setting the best).
Also, if you were able to write a complete story arc of one Superhero, who would you choose?
And if I could write a superhero comic, I would probably want to write Batman.
GregF's a fan of Batman, I didn't know that.
Nov 21 2003, 04:19 PM
Here's a ton of questions I asked him...
Here's some questions...
0. We've heard about most of the Toa Metru, but I haven't heard hardly anything about Nokama. Can you elaborate on her characteristics/weapons/personality?
Hmmm .. well, like Gali, Nokama is fairly wise, but I don't think she is quite as patient with Gali. She was a teacher before she became a Toa, so she has a tendency to talk instead of listen at times. And she has a very sharp wit -- she and Matau are friends, but they do a lot of verbal jousting. She is also very resourceful. There aren't really any Toa she doesn't get along with, but she can get very impatient with them sometimes, especially if they are not behaving the way she thinks Toa should.
1. I don't quite understand how Metru Nui (and an ocean), is under Mata Nui. Can you explain?
Well, in the old days, there used to be lots of stories about the Earth being hollow and whole civilizations living underground. It's the same idea. Think of the island as a big, hollow rock ... inside the center of the rock is Metru Nui surrounded by a protodermis sea.
2. Who is your favorite Toa Metru?
In terms of attitude, Onewa .. in terms of setting, Whenua, because I love writing about Onu-Metru.
3. In comic #15, Takanuva sat around with Vakama and Jaller. Is he part of the Toa group, or just an unnoticed addition?
No, he is definitely part of the Toa now.
4. You said in answer to a question, that the traitor on Metru Nui is not literally corrupted by something, that he's just a rat. Does this mean it's not Vhisola?
No, I was just using the "he" because it's less awkward than "he/she."
5. Is it true that a card comes with the Toa Metru?
In the US, yes.
6. If yes to #5, is this card part of a new card game?
7. Are there plans to continue making the Bionicle Card Game?
I don't know, actually.
8. Will there be another promotion like the WMKK or SSKK that's available in sets in '04?
We are batting around ideas for something like that.
9. What storyline do you like better - Mata Nui or Metru Nui?
I would have to say Metru Nui, just because the setting is so much cooler.
10. You said that there's a '04 female villain that is not a set. Is it too big to make in a set, or LEGO just decided to not make it?
Well, here's the story on that. As you probably know, the BIONICLE sets for the year are pretty much set 12 to 18 months ahead of time. The villain in question did not exist until I made her up for the third novel next year, so making her into a set for '04 just was never a possibility. The good news is you will be able to build her with pieces from early '04 sets, and I am hoping to get instructions done for that.
11. You said that Mata Nui (the Great Spirit) is not on Metru Nui. So there's no "Unity, Duty and Destiny" virtues?
Sure, there are. The Matoran still revere Mata Nui and they revere the virtues he instilled in them. He doesn't have to physically be there for that to happen.
12. Do Metru Matoran wear Great Masks (the Olda Hau, KauKau, Kakama, etc.)?
Not that I have seen -- they seem to be wearing mostly replicas of Noble Masks so far.
13. Will there be any more Rahi sets in '04?
There is one Rahi that I know of.
14. You said that Toa Vakama is the only Toa with a disc launcher. Is he more special than the others?
No, he just chose that as his Toa tool -- something Matau makes fun of.
15. Will there be 36 Toa Metru masks to collect?
No, the Toa Metru do not need to collect masks next year. So there are just the six they start with.
16. Are there any plans to release more Rahkshi?
Not at this time.
17. Is Turaga Dume male or female?
18. What color is Turaga Dume?
Don't know, have not seen the set.
19. I was disappointed with the design of the '04 Matoran. How do you feel about them?
I have no problem with them. I can't speak for you, but a lot of the people I saw complaining about it also complained about the '03 sets ... now they love the '03 sets and hate these.
20. Do you know around how many Kanoka discs there will be? 20? 50? 100?
No, I don't.
21. Do you know what the Burger King UK promotion is? What Bionicle items will be available at Burger King, that is.
22. Are there plans for the '04 movie to be longer than MoL?
No -- the standard length for direct to video animated movies is 70-80 minutes (even the most recent Batman one was 75) so I expect it to be in there again.
23. Is the '05 movie called Bionicle: Metru Nui: City of Legends, as reported by one site?
No, that is not the name I have heard.
24. Is Nuhrii the only mask maker?
25. Which Toa (Olda/Nuva) are you most like?
Depends on my mood.
26. Which Toa (Metru) are you most like?
There really isn't one I identify strongly with.
27. Will Hahli get a cameo in the '04 storyline? Please?
As a matter of fact, yes.
28. If anyone stole the Nuva cubes from the Suva, would the Toa lose their elemental power, or were their powers only able to be stolen by the Kal?
No, if the symbols were stolen by anyone, it would work the same.
29. It's somewhat strange that the Exo-Toa were sitting in a chamber right beside the Bahrag. Did the Bahrag put them there so the Toa would use them and lose their elemental powers, or were they there before the Bahrag moved in?
No, the Bahrag did not put them there. But the people who created the Exo-Toa did, because their whole purpose was to stop the Bahrag if the Bohrok were ever released early. They were a failsafe.
30. If the Bahrag are part-organic, how can they survive in a cave with no food/water?
Most likely by slowing their life processes down so that they don't need nutrition.
31. What's your favorite Rahkshi?
32. Who's your favorite Turaga?
33. Who is a "cooler" Matoran: Hahli or Takua?
I don't know who's cooler, but I like Hahli a little better.
34. Do you work normal hours, or does Bionicle make you work overtime?
I work regular hours during the day, doing BIONICLE, LEGO Magazine, Shop At Home catalog, etc., and then I do the Scholastic books at home.
35. Is Nathan Furst, composer for MoL, doing the music again for The Mask Maker?
36. The Toa are coming out in February, I believe. Will there be any other sets available then, or just Toa?
The Matoran will already be out at that point.
37. When will the '04 villain sets be released?
I think summer.
38. It's known that Takua found the Turaga's masks/weapons for them. How did they survive without wearing masks?
It wasn't easy
39. Why did Ga-Koro win the Kohlii tournament? It seems that Po-Koro should, since they're the Kohlii-lovin' Koro.
Well, kolhii is like baseball -- on any given day, given the right circumstances, any team can beat any other team.
40. Toa Matau's weapons bear close resemblance to Lewa Nuva's Katana blades. Are they pretty much the same?
They can do cooler things.
41. Do we get to see the Toa Metru as Matoran, and their transformation?
You will in the movie.
42. About how long of a time does the '04 storyline take place before the MoL storyline?
Oh, goodness .. before MOL? Thousands of our years, probably.
43. I haven't read any of the Scholastic novels - I'm 16, and they're somewhat out of my age range. Should I read them?
Well, you might want to read next year's. If you read and enjoy the comic, they are written at the same level, because I am writing them.
44. Many fans want Matoran Builder kits. Has LEGO considered producing any?
Not that I know of.
45. When will the next US promotion be?
February, I think.
46. Will the Bionicle Van go on tour again in '04?
47. What is your favorite movie?
Too many to list.
48. Star Trek or Star Wars?
Classic Trek. I never liked Next Gen.
49. Do you have a favorite musical band/group?
Not really any bands, no.
50. What kind of music do you listen to?
I listen to mostly jazz.
51. Do you ever build with Bionicle/TECHNIC pieces? I find it very stress-relieving.
Oh, sure, and also with system. I am building some Orient Expedition stuff now.
52. More Bionicle video games in '04?
Not that I know of.
53. How much do you know about Knights' Kingdom? Are you working on it?
No, someone else here will be handling most of that. I am pretty busy with BIONICLE. Knights is aimed at a much younger audience, too.
54. Why are the Manas so small in the online episode?
No idea, I don't have anything to do with those.
55. Can Matoran change their masks at any time (get a new one, like Kopeke)?
Only if there is a good reason to do so.
56. What's the most questions you've ever answered in one PM?
I think you set the record.
Thanks for taking the time!
Whew! There's a lot there, but I recommend reading through them all. I especially like the one describing Nokama's personality.
Nov 22 2003, 09:34 AM
I asked GregF some questions. Thought I'd share them with you.
1. What exactly turned the Metru Matoran into the Toa Metru?
Can't answer that yet.
2. Can you tell me which Metru Matoran become which Toa Metru? (i.e.: Nuhrii= Vakama)
No, no -- those six Matoran in November do not become Toa Metru. They are the six missing Matoran. Vakama, etc., were Matoran before they became Toa. So there was no name change involved.
3. What kind of elemental powers do the Toa Metru have?
Can't answer it.
4. Is Makuta the big boss in 2004?
Can't answer it.
5. You told me earlier that there would be three sets of enemies in 2004. What kind of enemies?
Again, can't answer it.
6. How come you guys wait so long to publish the next comic book?
The comic comes out every other month, because it ships with the magazine. Doing it any other way would make it too expensive for LEGO to produce.
7. When we will see the Metru Matoran and the Toa Metru in a comic? Comic 16?
8. Why did the Metru Matoran change their names when they transformed into the Toa Metru?
See question #2 -- they didn't.
9. I believe you told someone that the original Toa would be in the storyline again. Didi you mean the Toa Olda or the Toa Nuva?
10. What's the best part of being a comic writer?
The fact that I always wanted to be one.
11. How long does it take you to write a standard comic?
Two or three days.
That's it! Bye Greg!
few questions. Thought I'd post them to you
Nov 22 2003, 07:05 PM
Greg was really helpful with the questions, hope he doesn't get in trouble for telling so much
<b>WE GET A NEW NOBLE MASK</b>
Hey Greg, have a great thanksgiving. Hope you don't have to cook. If you aren't busy then can you look over my questions?
1) Can matoran build something, and cause it to be alive since they're pretty good at building things.
No, as far as I know Matoran cannot create life.
2) The new matoran launchers work by being squeezed. Do the disks go very far?
Don't know, haven't tried them myself.
3) How come no replicas of the toa metrus masks are around? I know that they weren't designed in '01, but will we get a storyline explaination?
Good question. I will find out. Thing to keep in mind, though, is that the Great Masks the Toa Metru wear appear when they transform .. they were not crafted by mask makers. So that might be why duplicates of them do not exist.
4) I'd always thought a mask provided the energy a toa needed to tap his elements. But the matoran can't use great masks, and the turaga can only use noble masks. In other words, they aren't getting any benefits if they put one on.Is this because they don't know how to use them?
Basically, yes. Masks are sorta like martial arts, in a way .. you can know the moves, but without the mental training and discipline, you can't use them effectively.
5) You said that different beings can't combine with eachother. Does that mean makuta is a toa since the toa aren't spirits?
No. I see there being a difference between voluntarily combining, the way Toa do into a kaita, and being combined by protodermis. Protodermis has a different set of rules.
6) Will there be a mask shape other than the ones worn by the toa metru, and the matoran in 2004?
Only whatever Turaga Dume's is, not sure if there are any more.
7) Will there ever be a three way animosity? Like if the kal had stayed around there could've been.
It's possible, yes.
8) If kopaka can stop avalanches does that mean tahu can prevent forest fires?
Yes, actually, he could absorb the flames into his sword.
9) Was Tahu's (original) sword made of fire?
Don't think so.
10) Did you have to get rid of the exo toa because they seemed to be able to take on makuta, after all if makutas powers are fear and shadows, it's not really going to work against machines right??
No, I had to get rid of them because the head of the story team told me to.
11) Are there courts on Metru nui? or is it all done by the turaga?
Well, that is a great question. You are going to find out just how order is enforced in Metru Nui .. and it's not quite the gentle, fair system you might expect, lol.
See answers above.[/SIZE][/SIZE]
Nov 23 2003, 12:03 AM
Warning! The following conatins spoilers of book 4, Tales of the Masks.
|Hi, Greg. I bought book 4, Tales of the Masks, today and I read the whole thing. I just have to say that this book is by far the best one in the series. But I have a few questions.|
1. Will the giant worm (the thing that attacked Onua) or the enemy with tentacles (the thing that attacked Gali) play a big role in the 2004 plot?
I can't say you will never see them again, because they are cool, but they are just things I created. They might be in the Onu-Metru Archives, though.
2. How come Gali has never seen the place where Nokama took her to find the Mask of speed?
Well, there are many places on the island that remain unexplored.
3. Will this area be important to the 2004 storyline?
No, '04 is all on Metru Nui.
4. Why are there many carvings of the Toa Metru all of a sudden and who made them?
The Toa Metru made them.
5. Wait, those carvings are on Mata-nui, I thought the Toa Metru were in Metru-Nui. Why are they on Mata-nui?
Well, as you know, the Matoran and the Turaga traveled from Metru Nui to Mata Nui. So they were made on the way.
6. What is this many-armed sea creature that the Toa see fighting the Toa Metru?
lol, wait and see.
7. First of all, I think the idea of Rahi Nui is awesome! My question is who is it's master? And why would the master want to abandon the Rahi Nui?
Makuta was its master. And he abandoned it for the same reason he does everything, because it failed him.
8. Is the many-armed thing or the Rahi-Nui the reason why the Turaga/Toa Metru fled to Mata Nui?
9. If the master is Makuta, then why would he leave the Rahi Nui in a chamber where it will wreak no havoc?
Because he was saving it for just that moment.
10. It says that it harmed Vakama's friends. Is one of these friends Nuju? Did it harm Nuju's vocal chords or something?
No, Nuju can talk if he chooses to -- he does not choose to. But you are right .. the Rahi Nui has been seen before.
11. Will we ever get pictures/instructions for the Rahi Nui? I would love to see it.
No idea, I would like that too.
Thanks Greg! And Thanks for making an awesome book!
I am glad you liked it! My next one is Mystery of Metru Nui, out in Feb., I think.
Nov 23 2003, 11:05 AM
I have one question that has been bugging me since a while.
Is is posible that the Toa Nuva can devolve into Toa?
I'm not saying that this will happen in the storyline, I just wanted to know if it's possible.
Thanks in advance!
Hi Rah. Good question -- the Toa evolved as the result of a protodermis-inspired transformation. As far as I know, there is no way to undo such a transformation. Granted, becoming Nuva is not part of the natural life cycle of a Toa, it was a special case, but I am not aware of any way to "devolve" them. Doesn't mean it's impossible under any circumstances, just that i do not know of a way to do it.
Nov 23 2003, 08:25 PM
Wow, it seems like every day, we learn more and more about Bionicle! Here are some of the questions I asked GregF recently....
1: In the Kratta chart, 6 of them had the same powers as the Bohrok-Kal. If these 6 Rahkshi and the Bohrok-Kal wen't against eachother, what level kratta would be needed for the Rahkshi to defeat it's like-powered counterpart?
I would put a Bohrok-Kal at about a level 5 or 6.
2: When the Toa Nuva arrive on Metru-Nui, will it be all "Hero leaves, then come back to find homeland all tattered and with only a few inhabitants left and not much standing"?
Can't answer it. That is too far down the road, and that story has not been mapped out yet.
3: Has anyone ever asked you My first question?
4: Do you know Leah? Do you go to the same Confrences and stuff?
Yes, we are both on the story team.
5: *whistles "I'm walking on sunshine"*
6:Have you seen any clips or still shots of the 2004 Bionicle movie?
7:Is the winner of the *fanfare plays* PLATINUM MoL!*fanfare ends* have it with them yet? Or it it still in the perpetual stage of waiting?
I don't know if a winner has been announced yet. I'm not involved with that.
8:Is Matoro the only one who can understand Nuju? What about someone with control over the noble mask of translation?
Conceivably, Nokama could use the Mask of Translation to translate -- also, the Turaga have all known each other so long that they can pretty much make a good guess what he is saying in a given situation.
9:Whats the most questions you have ever been asked in one PM?
Probably 30 or 35.
10:Why would Nuju and Whenua conflict? I would imagine Nuju would conflict more with Matau than anyone eles, Matau being the least serious Turaga, as the prank-puller he is.
Because Nuju's job is all about looking into the future and trying to predict what is going to happen. Whenua's job is all about preserving the past, so his focus is all behind, and Nuju sees that as a waste of time and energy.
Well, you got lucky, it seems I'm out of Ammo for now
Thanks again Greg!
See answers above.
Nov 23 2003, 08:37 PM
Just one quick question:
1) What is the Rahi Nui? I've heard the name going around the boards.
The Rahi Nui is a monstrous creature who challenges the Toa Nuva and Turaga Vakama in the last story of the new Tales of the Masks short story collection I wrote.
Sounds like a really cool creature. Hope they make a set.
Nov 24 2003, 10:14 AM
|Hi! I got three quick questions.|
[1.]What color Rahkshi does the Orange/Black (Magnetism) Kraata change into?
Black head and spine, gold hands and feet.
[2.]What color Rahkshi does the Black/red (Heat Resistance) Kraata change into?
[3.]What Kraata becomes an Orange Rahkshi?
Bright yellow/black, insect control.
Thank you very much.
See answers above.
I dont know how useful these ill be, but there helpful to me.
Nov 24 2003, 03:57 PM
1A. Is there Metru katia (3 toa comined)?
1B. If yes what are their names?
They don't have names. Akamai and Wairuha were legendary characters with almost separate personalities from the Toa who made them up. The Toa Metru Kaita are not separate characters, they are simply unions of the Toa, so they do not need names.
2. Do the Le-metru matoran talk in treespeak like on Mata-Nui?
See answers above.
Nov 25 2003, 03:40 AM
hi greg, i just have a few qiuck questions that might not be-able to be answered but i'm going to try anyway.
1. You mentioned earlier matau makes fun of vakama for his choice of weapon, does this mean that all the toa get o choose which weapon they have?
2. If a toa becomes a turaga when they complete their destiny, what does a matoran become when they complete their destiny, because all beings must have a destiny of some sort?
Only a very small number of Matoran ever become Toa -- a VERY small number -- otherwise, Matoran do not evolve into anything.
3. Also a turaga must have a destiny, does this mean they too could possibly reach a greater state of being?
Not that we know of, no.
4.If so, wouldn't there then theoretically be an unlimited amount of transformations?
Again, as far as we know, Turaga do not evolve into anything beyond what they are.
5.Is there a lake of water on metru nui, because if ga- metru is a place of water it would need to have a lake of some sort because this time the sea is made of protdermis instead of water?
No, there is no water in Metru Nui. The Matoran think of liquid protodermis as water, because that is all they have ever been exposed to. Metru Nui is enclosed within the substance of the island of Mata Nui, therefore for there to be water in there would mean there was a leak.
6. Will the cards that come with the toa metru be like the kanoka discs ( able to access web features)?
Sort of, plus they can do something else too.
7. Will we find out anymore about Napuru the boxor maker?
Yes, he is actually in the third Scholastic novel, and he is mentioned in the movie novelization as well.
8. It might not be planned, but is there a possibility for a before before time when not even matoran existed?
Not that I personally know of.
9.Do the metru mtoran seek answers from beneath the ground like the mata nui matoran?
Thanks in advance.
See answers above
Nov 25 2003, 12:02 PM
1. Is it too far fetched to consider sometime in the future that long 300+ page bionicle novels will be produced?
I think it's doubtful. With the exception of Harry Potter, 300+ page books generally do not sell well to 8-12 year olds, and that is who the books are aimed at. While we could do books for an older audience, there are probably not enough teenagers into BIONICLE to make it make sense economically.
2. Will we learn the origins of mata nui and makuta, or at least mroe about them next year?
Can't answer it.
3. In your opinion, how is 2005 looking in terms of story and figures compared to the other years, including 2004?
Figures are still being designed and redesigned, actually. Story is mostly set, but we may make some important changes to it depending on how the figures end up looking. So I can't really comment on it yet.
P.S. this is not really a question but I really liked the tales of the masks book. My favorite part was when it was suggested that makuta would never play a match of kolhii, I nearly feel out of my chair laughing when I read that, it was a great joke.
Thank you. I am still waiting for Scholastic to send authors' copies -- I know the book is on Amazon, but have not been able to find it in stores.
Nov 25 2003, 12:33 PM
I've got a few questions:
Why did the Bohrok and Exo Toa have to be off the island by the time MOL was released? I thought were some of LEGO's best sets.
Well, I agree with you on the Exo-Toa. It wasn't my call to make, it was a directive from the head of the story team. So I can't really explain it.
If Jaller was the only Matoran to die on Mata Nui, then what happened to Lhii the Surfer? We never saw him in Ta-Koro.
You will find out more this year ...
Are the Matoran and their names in the MNOLG 2 the official villagers, or just made up?
Well, I know that some of the villagers in MNOLG2 are the same ones we are releasing as sets in December, so I would think the villagers in the game are considered official.
So basically, can a Matoran that's brave enough and wise enough become a Toa, and when that destiny is fulfilled, become a Turaga?
No, it has nothing to do with personal qualities so much as it has to do with destiny. There are lots of brave and wise Matoran, but very, very few ever become Toa.
Did the Metru Nui Matoran carry Kolhii staffs like the new ones do, or did they only carry Kanoka launchers?
No, kolhii in Metru Nui was played with disk launchers.
Do all (or most) of the Metru Matoran have a disk launcher, or were they special?
Most do, definitely.
Finally, could the Metru Nuians reproduce Matoran on Metru Nui?
I believe that new Matoran did come into being on Metru Nui, yes.
Matoran can reproduce on Metru-Nui! I wonder how they do it?
Nov 25 2003, 06:40 PM
|If Jaller was the only Matoran to die on Mata Nui, then what happened to Lhii the Surfer? We never saw him in Ta-Koro.|
You will find out more this year ...
Heck, I don't like when he leaves us trying to think what may happen in 2004...
*Cracks up brain*
Nov 25 2003, 07:37 PM
1.) I can't find the exact quotes, but you've said that the Toa Nuva will just bring their symbols with them to Metru Nui. But if they are taken out of their villages, the Toa lose their power. Will they remain powerless during transit to Mertu Nui?
No, if they are taken out of the village by a HOSTILE force, they lose their power. If they are carried by Toa or Matoran who show the symbols the proper respect, it will not adversely affect the Toa.
2.) Why is everyone even GOING to Metru Nui? I mean, sure, it's their original home and all, but what's wrong with Mata Nui? Why bother packin' up and movin' out?
Because the key to waking up Mata Nui lies in Metru Nui. That is why Makuta has tried so hard to keep the Matoran aboveground.
3.) I think you said the Matoran Metru didn't know about outer Mata Nui. Could ya really miss a giant cieling for a sky?
Ever see the old Star Trek episode, "For the World is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky"? Same idea. If all your life you have lived in an enclosed space and the sky is a big ceiling ... that is what you think the sky is.
4.) You say that the Turaga are reluctant to trust people because their trust was betrayed before. Is the one Matoran who betrays them what you're refering to?
He is part of it.
5.) You say they'll probably make instructions for your female villian, so any hope for Graalok?
Last I heard is that pieces do not exist to build Graalok. Pieces will exist to build my villain, because she was intended to be able to be built from existing sets.
6.) You said the Kanohi were "randomly scattered" across Mata Nui, then how do the Turaga know where they are to tell the Toa?
They have had several thousand years to locate them. Look for the place the Rahi are trying to keep you out of.
7.) You said Bionicle sets in the future will be in the price range like this year's. Will we ever see a larger set again, like the Manas?
I won't say "no," but what we have found is that the larger, more expensive sets do not sell well. Takanuva, at $30, is the best-selling more expensive set we have had so far. Traditionally, they do not move as much.
8.) You probably can't say anything, but I'll ask anyhow. You said we'll see the Matoran Metru's transformation to Toa Metru in the '04 movie, yet the comics will surly have Metru story before the movie, won't they? How will they connect? (In the voice of Lewis Black: "I have comics and a movie..... And I am confused...")
Oh, they connect .. but when the comic begins, they will have just transformed to Toa Metru -- in 12 pages, I didn't have room to show the whole origin sequence, and this saves something for the film. The movie shows the origin and touches briefly on the early '04 story, then proceeds to the movie story.
Nov 26 2003, 02:05 PM
|Heya Greg, I don't PM you much, but this one has been bugging me:|
Will we ever get a map of the whole of the Mata Nui underground? As in, will we see what kind of scale you mean by a 'huge' underground.
So is there any chance you could get the artist for the Bionicle Comic to draw out one of these, I think it would be a great idea as it is the Geography of Mata Nui/Metru Nui that intrigues many people, and it is kind of fuzzy about how deep underground the Toa kept going.
I hope you can shed some light on this
That's certainly an interesting idea. I am not sure if we could it or not, it would depend on if it could be done without revealing too many secrets of the story.
I might even consider drawing one myself.
Nov 28 2003, 11:43 AM
Hi, I just have a few questions for you.
1) Since the people that created the exos put them there to contain the Bahrag, did they not know that they would cut the Toa off from their elemental powers, or were they intended for a different strategy?
They probably didn't think of it, simply because they were created a long time before the six current Toa were ever sent out. And we do know the Exos can operate on their own, so maybe that was the idea.
2) Are there six metru on Metru Nui just like on Mata Nui with koro?
3) Is there an underground to Metru Nui?
Like any city, yes.
4) Could you say that the creatures that inhabit the protodermis sea are rahi-like? Are they controled by someone or just naturally evil?
They are not evil or good, they are sea creatures -- sharks aren't evil, they just do what comes naturally.
5) Are those creatures that I talked about above as strong as the manas?
No idea. Some might be.
6) Are you allowed to tell us how the the evil plant would be able to destroy the entire island? I'm not doubting that it could, but I'm just curious as to how.
Easy. It wraps its vines around buildings and reduces them to rubble. And it has a LOT of vines.
7) Do you think that we will ever see more of a continent setting rather than an island?
Thought you'd like to know.
Nov 28 2003, 02:44 PM
Eh, can you give me some info on Toa Matau?
1: What is his personality like?
Matau's personality is very similar to what it was as a Turaga.
2: What can his wepons do?
3: Can he levitate or something?
His tools allow him, among other things, to fly.
4: Why did he chose the weapons he did?
Because they were what appealed to him.
5: And how do the Toa Metru chose the weapons that they want?
When the Matoran become Toa, a panel opens and they see a whole slew of tools. Each one picks what he or she wants to use.
Nov 28 2003, 07:38 PM
1. Is Nui a title of respect, or part of mata`s name? For example, if their roles in the story were reversed, would makuta be makuta nui, and mata nui be just mata? Because you said metru nui isn`t a person.
Far as I know, it is part of a name.
2. Do you think a soundtrack will come out for the 04 or 05 movie?
My guess would be that there would more likely be a soundtrack for the theatrical release. You don't do soundtrack albums for direct to video releases, normally.
3. Are makuta and mata nui brothers in that:
1. They had the same mother and/or father.
2.They used to be one being that was split in two
3. Symbolically, as in the way the toa say brother and sister.
Well, it's not 1 or 2 as far as I know, and I have no idea about 3.
4.What has been your favorite part of the 01-03 story?
Oh, gee, I don't know.
5.Who is your favorite villain in bionicle?
I like Makuta and I like the Kal, because they can talk.
6. You probably can`t answer these but:
Is turaga dume evil?
Did dume used to be a toa?
Is it pronounced Doom or Doo-May?
Doo-Mat( NOTE: I`m pretty sure that is a typo since y and t are right next to each other.)
Is takua in metru nui a drifter like on mata nui, or does he have an imortant position?
I don't believe his position in the society is ever made a big deal of in the story. But I doubt very much he is a drifter -- Metru Nui does not tolerate drifters.
Nov 28 2003, 08:16 PM
1. After the Kohlii (sp) match Nokama says "Only to be worn by a seventh toa" Gali says "The prophosey is being for filled (sp)" did the Toa know about Takanuva?
I am sure they had heard the legend of their being a Seventh Toa, or at least Gali had.
2. Are there now two Jaller bodies? I ask because Hahli only took his mask and put it on the Ussalnui and when Takutanuva revives Jaller his body appears.
Good question. It is entirely possible that what happened (and this is just my theory) is that when the life force was returned to the mask, his body was teleported from where it had been laid to rest. (Again, just my theory.)
See answers above.
- - -
5: And how do the Toa Metru chose the weapons that they want?
When the Matoran become Toa, a panel opens and they see a whole slew of tools. Each one picks what he or she wants to use.
What do you mean a panel? Also will we see this "panel"?
Basically, a suva opens up to reveal the tools. And you will see it in the movie.
Nov 29 2003, 12:03 AM
Sorry, I wasn't going to pm you until after Thanksgiving, but I just got Tales of the Masks (good job) and I have some questions:
1) How do you create something like the Rahi Nui? Would it involve protodermos?
Everything involves protodermis.
2) Is the Rahi Nui more powerful than any of Makuta's creations?
"Than any of ..." I can't say that, I don't know of everything he has created.
3) Why would it be so bad if the Rahi Nui was released on Mata Nui? (GregF falls of chair laughing) Vakama acted like it would be the end of everything, but then it was easily tricked and trapped. Couldn't they just do the same thing on the surface?
Much easier to trap a creature like that in a confined space than it is when it's busily stomping on Matoran.
4) In Tales of the Masks, Vakama says something about how the Rahi Nui was much weaker than when he fought it as a Toa. How much more powerufl can this thing get?
Pretty gosh darn powerful
5) Is the Rahi Nui the most powerful creature in Metru nui or Mata Nui?
Can't answer it, again, I don't know yet of every creature on Metru Nui. I would say it is probably one of the more powerful on Mata Nui.
6) Have you gotten any new information on the Mana Ko?
7a) If you have, is a Mana Ko created by combining two manas or more?
7b) Why did Makuta never release the manas onto the island. Surely they would wreck much havoc (or is light another one of their weaknesses)?
My guess would be based on Makuta's pattern. He wasn't trying to kill Matoran and wreck their villages, he was trying to keep them out of the underground. Keeping the Manas as guardians of his lair was a much better way of doing that. Letting them loose on the surface would have DRIVEN the Matoran underground.
8) Would it be possible for all 42 types of Rahkshi to combine into one huge Rahkshi Nui? Would this be possible for Bohrok too? *shudders*
Yikes. I hope not.
9) How powerful would you say a Toa Nuva Nui is?
On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being Mata Nui ... I would say about a 6 or 7. But that's just a guess.
10) Is the sea-creature carving that Gali sees really the new plant enemy?
Don't think so, no.
11) In the Tales of the Masks, Onua and Whenua go very deep into the earth. Exactly how far did the Onu Matoran dig?
Well, remember the carvings they see of the Toa Metru? There are tunnels extending all the way down to Metru Nui.
12) I know that this is a weird question, but...does Makuta have some sort of weird laboratory in his lair where he can test and crete such bizzare creatures such as the Rahi nui?
Good question .. so good I can't answer it But you are pretty close to the money.
13) Are there any more creatures like the Rahi Nui on Mata Nui?
14) Is there any other creature(s) more powerufl than the Rahi Nui?
Don't know. There's some MEAN stuff in Metru Nui, my friend.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving !
See answers above.
Pretty cool, huh? Look at #12 especially.
Nov 29 2003, 10:26 AM
I am just full of questions today aren't I
Will there be any comedy in the next movie?
There will be some lighter moments, I guess, yes.
1. Does Vakama's kanoka say his name?
No, not that I know of.
2. If yes do the weapons of the other Toa Metru say their names?
3. Can you tell us the names of the Kanohi Metru?
I am not going into that here, because it is revealed in Jan. and really doesn't play a part until later in the year.
See answers above.
Nov 29 2003, 12:23 PM
1.) What do they mean when they say, "The time before time" ?? In the begining of MOL, Vakama says the Matoran were brought to the island in the time before time. In an older BZP story, it says the 2004 story takes place in the time before time. But in the first trailer for the MOL, it says the MOL takes place in the time before time. So it pre-Toa Olda the time before time? Or is the whole shabang the time before time? (Kinda like "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away..." ?)
My feeling is that "time before time" is the era which the Matoran basically no longer remember. The time when they were on Metru Nui and the time before that. For them, recorded history starts when they arrived on Mata Nui.
2.) Is there a difference between Vakama's disk from his launcher and the Matoran's Kanoka disks? If so, can you tell us what it is?
Yup. Vakama's disks are a lot more powerful.
3.) Does Vakama carry more than one disk for his own launcher?
Normally, he does, yes.
4.) What happens when you fire a disk? Is it like a boomarang, and it comes back to you? It's sure be annoying to have to go retrieve them.
Only some of the work that way. Disks are manufactured in all six metru, and where they are made determines their particular flight capabilities.
5.) Is there a reason the Toa Metru's eyes are a different color that the Toa Olda's?
They were designed that way.
6.) Do you have any form of a Bionicle book release schedual? If you can't give us the names of the books, how about at least the numbers? I just realized I don't know anything about the books after the MOL novelization.
I think I can give you a little info. Tales of the Masks is already out through Amazon, not sure if it is in stores yet. That is the last Toa Nuva book for the time being. The first Metru Nui book, Mystery of Metru Nui, comes out in Feb. (I think), and the second, Trial By Fire, comes out in April (again, I think). I am currently writing book #4 for next year, the movie novelization.
7.) So we're staring "Book Two" of the story and i's a complete setting and character change, it'a all brand new. Will it be like this every "book" change?
No idea. I only know the story through '05. But we do need to keep coming up with new characters so the stores have something to sell.
8.) Do you know how many "chapters" are in "Book Two," and/or their relative lengths?
No, I don't.
Nov 29 2003, 06:24 PM
This isn't that helpful because of the whole it comes out in january thing, but it might help.
Hey Greg I have some more questions, if u don’t mind answering them/
Can you tell us all of the bios/personalities of all of the toa metru in one message?
Can you tell us all of the weapons (like names and what they do because we have already seen the pics of the weapons) in one message?
It would really take too long to do all this -- and it's all going to be out in January anyway when the magazine and comic comes out.
How do the toa metru get to pick their weapons and where were they kept? (I think you said that they picked their weapons before)
Yes, they do. They are kept inside a suva.
Is ’05 the end of the storyline taking place on metru nui, or are the matoran not going back to Mata Nui?
I can't speak to '05, but there is not much point in the Matoran going to back to Mata Nui, because there is nothing going on there.
Are some matoran staying on Mata Nui?
Does protodermis change Nuju, vakama, matau, nokama, etc. into the toa metru, or something else?
No, proto does not do it.
Can you give us a little more info about the ’04 matoran?
Can you tell us the Metru Mask powers and the Noble mask power?
I'm not going to go into that, because it will be out in January and because the masks really don't come into play until later in the year.
When will we be able to get the instructions for the female villain?
Can you give us any info at all about the female villain?
I'd rather not, because the novel has not yet been approved by LEGO.
What mask does Kopeke have on Metru Nui in ’04, komau or matatu?
I have not seen how Kopeke looks on Metru Nui.
Will it be possible for masks to be infected on metru nui, or another parasite?
There are no plans for that, no.
Will there be any more bionicle contests soon?
Will we learn more about the toa olda prophecies and how they were first made?
Can you tell us the elemental powers yet?
Again, will be out in January.
I think you said that if they were all of the same type (matoran or toa or bohrok etc.) then they can combine. If this is true could all of the matoran on Metru/mata nui combine into one big combiner?
Will any of the new enemies have masks or mask-like things, or will they be like the bahrag?
No, I don't think masks play a real big part in '04.
See answers above.
Nov 29 2003, 07:39 PM
I asked Greg Some Questions.Those are the Questions and answers.
1.I keep hearing about a Matoran named Lhii.Can you tell me who he is?
All I can tell you is that, as far as I know, he was not a Matoran.
2.I was looking at the Pic from Fridays news.It looks like Vakama is the Only Toa to have a Disc.Is this true?Or do the other toa have discs aswell.
No, only Vakama comes with a disk launcher and disks. The other Toa have different tools. In fact, Vakama gets mocked by some of the other Toa for choosing a disk launcher as a tool.
3.Do all the Metru Nui Matoran have that big armor like the 6 Matoran from the Comic?
Yes, all Metru Nui Matoran probbaly look like that.
4.Except the Rahi,All of the Enemy sets came in 6 sets.Now that Takanuva is with the toa,Will 7 sets be avalible?
No, because the '04 story focuses on the Toa Metru, and there are only six of them.
5.I can't tell if the Koros have a dozen Matoran(Like in MNOLG2) or a couple Hundred(Like in Mask Of Light).Abotu how many Matoran are there in each Koro?
Judging by the '03 movie and stuff you will see in future, there are hundreds of Matoran in each village.
Nov 29 2003, 08:19 PM
I asked him a few just yesterday, and got the answers before bedtime, and now that I am back from Luray Caverns, (It was a long trip there from Maryland) I am posting them here.
Q. After the 2004 storyline, in which we go back in time, in 2005 or later, will we go back to the modern storyline about when the toa Nuva moved to metru-nui?
A. Yes, eventually.
Q. How strong exactly is hard protodermis, could you provide examples for at least Nuva armor and matoran bodies, and such things?
A. Sorry, I don't have quantified measurements of that sort of thing.
Q. In the beggining of the Mol movie, Vakama says that the great spirit Mata-nui brough them DOWN to Mata-nui.
In the end, He says "my island home, rediscovered" This means he was born there.
Metru-nui is underneath Mata-nui so how could mata-nui bring them down to mata-nui,
So can you explain this?
A.Think so. Just my theory, but .. we know the Matoran went from Metru Nui to Mata Nui. We also know they really had not traveled beyond the bounds of Metru Nui before. And we have no idea what the journey was like yet. So they may not have known they were going "up" instead of "down" ... they could have been going down part of the time, up others .. we will find out next year. But you also have to keep in mind that they see Mata Nui as a Great Spirit who dwells in paradise ... up above ... so if Mata Nui is bringing them anyplace, it has to be "down" to it. You can't take everything Matoran say literally, it is couched in their legends.
Q . I This picture, toa Nokama's body looks like it has a dofferent design from the others, can you explain?
A. Well, I have not seen the sets up close .. it may simply be the angle of the shot, or there may be some differences to emphasize the fact she is female. I was not aware of any major design differences, though.
Well, I will edit this post when I ask more questions
Vahu toaof time
Nov 29 2003, 10:32 PM
my latest from Greg:
|1. Just how big is the Morkzubah (I think I spelled it right)|
Ummmm .. the king root is probably the size of the Chrysler Building
Sounds like the weeds in my backyard...only much, much bigger...
2. Is the '04 movie focused just on the missing Matoran?
No, it is not focused on them at all. Different story.
Vewy vewy intewesting...
3. Will there be any scenes from present-day timeline (aka, Toa Nuva)?
Only a real brief one.
4. Do the masks for the Toa Metru do similar things that the original Toa's masks did?
Similar such as ... ?
I should've said that better...
5. Is their a reason why Nuju looks so...ugly? Stupid question, but still one worth asking.
I don't think he looks ugly. I think he looks formidable.
Seriously. Nuju's mask looks like a shoulderpad with an eyepatch on it...
6. Do you like Star Wars?
I am okay with it. I used to work on the roleplaying game a long time ago, so I got kind of "Star Wars'd" out for a while.
7. How big is Mata Nui/Metru Nui in scale to our continents?
Jul 20 2005, 03:33 PM
Not much...Just some irritating questions nagging at the back of my mind...
Click For Spoiler
Dagger of Zaktan
Dec 24 2006, 08:44 PM
how do u talk to greg?