Bionicle Mafia 0: Training and Experiments

Blessed Blade

Introduction to this Topic:

Hello everyone and welcome to Mafia 0: Training and Experiments. The purpose of this topic will be to let potential new GMs (or even older ones) try out ideas and gain experience in running mafia games on BZPower and in general.

The games in this topic will be small (10-15 players) and hopefully pretty quick because of that. Each game will have two GMs, the one who ran the last one (mentor GM) and a new one (student GM). At the end of each game, the student will become the mentor for the next game, and a new student will join them from amongst the players. The new GM is not necessarily new to running mafia, they could be a more experinced GM who wants to test out an idea before letting it loose in one of the larger games. The games will be run concurrently with other, larger mafia games on this forum.

In order to keep things running quickly between one game and the next, players from the last game will be assumed to be staying on unless they say otherwise. If the current GMs call for more players, others can be recruited, or let go if they desire to have fewer.

This post will be updated each time a new game begins to include the current GMs, and link to the first post of that game, which will contain information specific to that game.

Current Mentor GM: Dual Matrix

Current Student GM: Dovahkiin

Current Game: Mafia 0.2

Current player list:

1. Taka Nuvia
  2. Canis Lupus
  3. Protalgif
  4. Toa Onarax
  5. SmoothJazz
  6. ToaKapura1234
  7. Chro
  8. Blade: XIII. Roxas
  9. ZakarOMEGA’D!
  10. Valendale
  11. Pulsate
  12. JLv2
  13. Dovahkiin
  14. Alterego
  15. Wasp

Next GMs in line: ToaKapura1234, Lieutenant Obvious, JL v2, Protalgif, Canis Lupus.

Game 0.1

Players:

1. Taka Nuvia - Botar, lynched Day 3
  2. Canis Lupus - Avak, won the game
  3. Protalgif - Zaktan, lynched Day 2
  4. Toa Onarax - Mimic, killed by Nocturn Night 3
  5. SmoothJazz - Turaga Dume, lynched Day 1.
  6. ToaKapura1234 - Vezon, lynched Day 1.
  7. Chro - Vezok, lynched Day 1.
  8. Blade: XIII. Roxas - Matoro, sacrificed Day 2 to revive Pulsate.
  9. ZakarOMEGA’D! - Axonn, killed by Ignika Night 2.
  10. Valendale - Nuhvok-Kal, killed by Piraka Night 3
  11. Pulsate - Reidak Role, killed night 2, revived by Matoro Day 2, won the game.
  12. JLv2 - Krekka, died by fusion to Dovahkiin Night 2.
  13. Dovahkiin - Ignika, killed Night 2.
  14. Alterego - Nocturn, lynched Day 3

Roles:

Town-Alligned Roles:

Axonn: Axonn wears the kanohi rode, great mask of truth. With it, he is able to determine the allegiances of other players, one per night.

(Axonn is the BIONICLE equivalent of a detective/cop/sheriff in other games).

Nuhvok-Kal: Nuhvok-Kal continues to do what bohrok-kal do best: making other peoples' powers disappear. Each night, this mischievous bohrok will select one other player and render them unable to perform their night action.

(Nuhvok-Kal is the BIONICLE equivalent of a block/roleblocker in other games).

Botar: As zealous as ever, Botar continues his task or bringing in prisoners to the Pit. His sense of justice has gone a little overboard lately, however, so now he will bring in just about anyone for their "crimes". Thankfully, Hydraxon and Lessovik, the jailers of the Pit, do a good job of recognising beings who shouldn't be there and return any unfortunate mistaken captives back to where they came from within 12 hours or so. Each night, Botar will capture one player and bring them to the Pit, removing them from the town for the night. During this time, the captured player cannot perform their night action (if any) and cannot be targeted by any other roles. Botar himself can be targeted by other roles during the night because it doesn't take him long to make the trip to the Pit and back to drop off his captive.

(Botar is the BIONICLE equivalent of an alien abductor in other games).

Matoro: Matoro is a wonderful hero, willingly sacrificing his own life for those of others. At any time during the day, Matoro can chose to lay down his life to resurrect a player who has died.

(Matoro is the BIONICLE equivalent of a redeemer in other games).

Ignika: The ignika, on the other hand, is not so kind to other beings. In fact, it has killed every being who tried to wear it, and many who have tried to come near. When another player targets the ignika at night, they will die, regardless of their intentions. The ignika itself is transported to Karda Nui in the process, and gets left there. They aren't dead, per se, but unable to participate further in the events of the game. So yes, they are effectively dead, even if they have grown a body and be having other adventures of their own.

(The ignika is the BIONICLE equivalent of a bomb in other games).

Turaga Dume: Turaga Dume is a respected elder, whose opinion carries more weight than that of any other. He gets two votes during the day. Turaga Dume will not initially know his role. He will have to work it out.

(Turaga Dume is the BIONICLE equivalent of a judge in other games).

Krekka: Krekka, for all his strength, is as thick as two short planks. Really, really, dumb. Mind-bogglingly stupid. Nobody takes him seriously when he tries to say something. No matter how much noise he makes nobody will listen. This means that when he tries to cast a vote, he will be ignored. Krekka will not initially know his role. He will have to work it out.

(Krekka is the BIONICLE equivalent of a village cool dude/fool in other games).

Vezon: Vezon, with his spear of fusion, can forcibly fuse other beings, tying their fates together and forcing them to work together. The first night, he will pick two players to fuse (he can pick himself - he's insane, remember?). The two fused players will play the rest of the game as a team, in addition to any other roles they have. If both remain alive at the end of the game, they win as a pair, but if one is killed, their partner dies as well. The fused players will be notified once they have been picked. After one shot with his spear, Vezon has no special power for the rest of the game.

(Vezon is the BIONICLE equivalent of cupid/sibling picker in other games).

Nocturn: When this Pit-prisoner gets angry, he gets strong enough to smash just about anything in one hit, even islands. Thankfully, he has been getting counselling lately, so this doesn’t happen often, but he does still have the occasional outburst. Once (and once only) during the course of the game, Nocturn will select one player who has really got on his nerves and smash them like a moon to the head of a giant robot. The kill will happen at night.

(Nocturn is the BIONICLE equivalent of a one-hit vigilante in other games).

Anti-town Roles:

Piraka (x4): This criminal gang (is on the loose!) just wants to see everybody else dead. Each night, they will select one player to kill. The Piraka all know each others’ identities. Any or all of them can PM their target to the GM, but they are encouraged to confer and agree first.

(The Piraka are the BIONICLE equivalent of the mafia in other games).

Neutral Roles:

Mimic: This Dark Hunter has the ability to replicate any feet he witnesses. Whenever Mimic is targeted by another role, he will absorb that power, and be able to use it himself from that point in the game on. This absorption will not prevent the action on him from being performed, or the performer from retaining their ability into the future. Mimic wins by being last one alive, or by being one of the last ones alive if nobody is able to kill, either at night or by lynching. He begins the game with no special powers.

(Mimic is the BIONICLE equivalent of an absorber in other games).

Opening Scene:

Riddle me this, riddle me that, who's afraid of the big bad PirakaLong after the original game, a lone figure was found standing on the ruins of a destroyed and deserted town. It was the Lorax, carrying the staff of unlimited power. Nostalgia flowed through his mind and he decided that one game just wasn't enough... Raising his staff with a evil grin on his face a recreated the village to its glory of the past times... Ghosts of the villagers which were still dwelling in the village were revived, only there moral states were totally screwed up... Everyone was back, except one... Takua Dragonstar7, had disappeared into a dark place called "The Inactive" and hadn't returned.The village utterly suprised by it sudden revival went to sleep... This was counted as the zeroeth night.On that night a villager, which once worked under the name of Botar sneaked towards the Game Master and touched the staff of unlimited power. This touch casted a curse upon it: "No being shall ever use the staff more than twice."Dual Matrix, now partly owner of the staff immediately used it to create the setting to his will... The village plumbed into the sea and the area around it was covered with airweed. Two new villagers were added, including one new role... A new corpse heap was built and should from now on be called by the name... "Scuba Diving Scattering Corpse Heap" And he added a wooden sign to stand next to it... "And yes, the "Sc"attering is intentional."And with a loud "Muhahahahahhahahhahahahahaha"The Game Began...

Role PMs will be distributed soon.

Edited by The Lorax

ppg2.png

y'see, back when 5.2 came out, we decided to have a game of mafia, a testing grounds of sorts. all the players of 5.2 were transported to 0, save Takua Dragonstar. he was replaced with chro, seeing as he's been inactive for over a month. if someone from the current list would step down before roles are sent out, you'll probably replace them.

Previously known as Aiwendil.

They can share a heap. And until I saw Portal, wait Protal? Has it always been Protal? Anyway until I saw his post I thought I had missed sign-ups.

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

Portalfig seems to have switched two pairs of letters in his name. Whether it's just to confuse us all is up for debate.

And, didn't we decide in the last topic we would have (mostly) the same people for this game? I'm sure we did. Didn't we? Anyway, apologies for the confusion it's causing.

ppg2.png

So is anyone going to have the same role as last time? I really hope I'm not Krekka again. Also, can I be a student host after all the other people that are planning on doing it? Hi Strack.

Edited by ToaKapura1234

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

Nope, rolls will be different. It would be boring if they were the same - we would already know who the Piraka were. That's not to say that some people might not end up the same... the random number generator rules all.

I'll whip out the roll PMs once Dual Matrix wakes up and gets a chance to look over the topic for any things I've missed/mistakes I've made. It turns out that we're in almost opposite timezones, so when I'm asleep, he'll be awake and when he's asleep, you'll be stuck with me.

ppg2.png

Seeing as Voltex just said he's leaving for a bit does that mean I get his spot?

Welp, we didn't know he was going. Thanks for pointing that out. As a reward, you can have his spot.

also, DM has been inactive lately, and I think he will be until the 20th..ish

He isn't as active as usual, but he isn't gone either. He wrote that introductory scene just yesterday.

Hey, what are you waiting to send out roles for, or am I just Krekka or Dume?Also, anyone reading this and wanting to join, this is closed, but my game is still open.

Roles will be sent out in the next few minutes. Now. They're out.

Edited by The Lorax

ppg2.png

Yep. The first night will begin once Vezon has selected his targets and I have notified the fused beings.

EDIT:

Vezon has done his/her thing, and the fused players have been notified. It's time to get underway.

Axonn, Botar, Nuhvok-Kal and Piraka, PM me your targets. Nocturn can as well if they wish to kill tonight. You have 48 hours from the time of this post.

Let's do this! I'm excited for the new game.

Edited by The Lorax

ppg2.png

Hey! The Scuba Diving Corpse Heap is where VI will keep the bodies! The setting is Mahri Nui, for crying out loud! :P

Sorry Canis... I'm on holiday and the front page and this topic are the only things I check.. I just went from the omd scuba diving corpse heap Idea... BTW Lorax... Topic is nice... Start things up if you havent alreadyEDIT: Would the Piraka be so friendly to also PM your targets to me(so the writing of the scenes will be faster)? Thanks... Edited by Dual Matrix

I'm back!

Dovahkiin, you called that last game, as did Kapura. But if you don't remember it... Do you still want it to count?

Also, since we already have GMs for the next three games, I think it would be a good idea to close registrations for that. It's a long wait already, and we don't want to end up with a list that goes on months ahead of the games.

ppg2.png

The scene shall appear once Dual Matrix gets a chance to post it. I can tell you that it has already been written (or at least most of it). We were still waiting on one role when the 48 hours ran out, and DM hasn't been on since then, so hasn't had the chance to put a scene up with the results of that.

Hopefully the anticipation won't last too much longer. It's a good scene.

Allright then. It looks like we GMs have had 48 hours to write the scene and not come through on that. I think we should be bound by the same rules as everyone else so that we don't hold up the game. If DM hasn't got the chance to post a scene, then you'll all be stuck with what I can come up with.

So without further ado,

Scene: Night 1

ToaKapura1234 heard a knock at his door late last night, and sighed. He had received rather a lot of those in the last game, and knew that they weren't good news. He had also learned that not answering them was normally worse, so he wearily got out of bed, grabbed his bamboo disk in case things got ugly, and opened the door.

"I'll take that" Nuhvok-Kal chittered, swiped the disk, and was gone.

"Well that wasn't too bad" Kapura sighed.

Meanwhile...

"Pulsate!" Botar thundered. "The Pit calls, and I have come!"

Pulsate was not impressed by this. It was none of Botar's business whether he flossed right-to-left or left-to-right before he went to bed. "What business do you have here?" he asked, saying as much.

"The business of punishment" the giant yelled back. "Although calling it an art would not be far wrong". The next thing Pulsate knew, he had been seized and teleported to a cold, dark prison cell. It looked like he wasn't going to get much sleep tonight after all.

Meanwhile...

In an adjacent alleyway, a dark voice was laughing. A blade reached high into the air and began to glow with energy.

Nobody died tonight. This is mafia though, so we can still hang someone for that awful crime. As with the last game, there will be no suspect lists. 14 players and 4 Piraka is good enough odds as it is.

Edited by The Lorax

ppg2.png

I'll join.

The game is closed. And its begun. You can't join.

My vote goes to Dovahkiin, because he tried to lynch the unlynchable. Only a Mafia would do that!

Well, for no reason... I'm always a fan of a good host lynching, but only when the host has been inactive.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Back... Working on more and better scenes right now...Yeah My hotel didn't have wifi, sorry again.If you wish to speak some awesome last words before you get lynched, please pm them to me, I'll keep them secret untill the time comes and will include them into your lynching scene...Happy Lynching.-DM

I'm back!