BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Ahkmou, Ko-Koro (Ambages' Apartment)

"Glad to know you're finally appreciating my superior intelligence," Ishi deadpanned as the short toa began her search.  While Dervish set herself on the bookshelves in hopes of finding some secret entrance or safe, the matoran of stone took a seat on Ambages' desk.  He observed the individual items in the room as a unit, taking stock of location and placement, noting any dust collected on their surface.  The tapestry fluttered softly in a breeze cutting coldly through the hallway, and Dervish's swords clattered to the ground as the wind caught beneath the thick fabric.  He shivered.  

"There's always something deeper with The Architect," he admitted, tapping his heels on the desk's side.  "He's an iceberg; I'm only seeing the surface before I bump against what lies waiting beneath the waves.  What goes on behind is little ruru is astounding, and I half wonder if he isn't a better mind then I.  Maybe it's my wondering that makes me better... I see room for self improvement where, by the gist of my dealings with him, he sees himself already at the top.  He's happy as long as he wins, but what happens when winning a battle is losing a war?"

Ishi paused as a short burst of pain spread from his wound.  The blood on his skin had frozen in the glacier temperature, and the bamboo bard, what was left of it after his fight in the kitchen, caused a pulsing pain in the organics of his arm.  Sooner than later the Informant would need to see a doctor.  Two were in the area, Agrona and Riaril, but both were dangerous and harbored the possibility of capture, more pain, and death.  Resolving to figure out the riddle for his healing later, Ishi returned his attention to the puzzle of Ambages' office.  

"Alright Dervish, let's say you were a super genius bent on controlling Mata Nui's political, economic, and military systems and had a kanohi with the power to do so hiding in your office. Where would you put it?  I'd keep it someplace obvious where others thought me too smart to do.  Play the strategy right and the most obvious thing can become the most difficult.  Like, behind a bookcase, though it seems you got that covered already, or in the ceiling, or..."

He stopped, fighting the smile threatening to cross his face.  There was no evidence, it was only a hypothesis, and yet...

"The desk." Ishi hopped to his feet and placed his weight against the centerpiece of Ambages' office.  "Help me move this."

IC: Transient

"Nice to see you again, brother Toa." Transient accepted the hug from Forger with mild surprise at the display of affection. He didn't realize he had been missed that much...

He separated from the Toa and winked. "Nah, she didn't need her hypnosis - all of this," he gestured to his armored body, "was what she wanted, and I was happy to give it." He knew that he could get away with making a joke like that better than a stranger could, though he knew not to get too arrogant. While Zero was indeed attractive, she was, first off, a Skakdi - and secondly, his leader. Until she showed that she was interested, he'd only say such things in a casual joking manner.

Edited by Jakura Nuva

IC: Verulas gritted his teeth as he realised that Ayar still didn't have a clear view of his side, his body shifting itself to correct that issue as he felt his wounds begin to close.

"Not deep at all, considering it's not there," he said. "I got lucky too; it was filled with Strallix powder beforehand by a flying Ta-Toa who obviously liked to watch things explode."

The Bo-Toa sighed, the pain returning once again as he recalled the fight at the hospital.

"Two Makuta-worshippers, a Ta-Matoran and a Vortixx, had attacked the hospital outside of Ko-Koro and were taken prisoner before he arrived and offered to free them in exchange for widgets. Long story short, I had to go a round with both the Toa and Matoran. Another defender detonated the Toa's arrow supply to bring him down, while the Matoran lost one of her hands after trying to stab someone... until she somehow grew back another that could shoot fireballs, but that's besides the point."

Edited by timageness411

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC:

"We also have a few people who wish to join our 'club', they are waiting inside."

Zero nodded slowly, spotting Veteran standing beside the odd pair. He was probably shooing them off via the cable car.

Nialus spoke next. "Guests? As in, troublemakers?" he asked, confusion tainting his voice. She was about to open her mouth to answer him when angry yelling resonated across the snow from within the Outpost. Transient took off immediately, likely intent on breaking up the skirmish. She sighed. Inner quarreling among her comrades was something she despised with a passion, and usually ended up settling herself with a controlled amount of violence when needed.

A Fa-Toa was making his way down the slope to greet them. Upon reaching her, he stopped and held out his hand. "Pleased to meet you, leader. I'm a new recruit...I was wondering what trials I'll have to face to be accepted..."

Manners. I like him already.

She accepted the hand and presented him with a serious, yet welcoming expression. Her left brow remained arched slightly.

"The pleasure is all mine. You can call me Zero.  You'll be one of us as soon as you can prove to me that you're as capable as you look." She gave him a reassuring smile. "It all depends on how long you can stand against one or your own kind."

She continued walking, wary of the guests. She hoped her arrival would go ignored by them. This whole setup already looked suspicious enough. The last time someone had been sniffing around the outpost, they wound up going for a swim in the break. That massive hulk of a Toa didn't look like the type to go down without a fight. She exhaled smoothly as she neared the entrance to her lair. It was good to be home, even when it was inhabited by strangers.

Edited by Requiem
  • Upvote 1

IC: Ayar (Obsidian Outpost)

Part 2, Book 2, Chapter 3

"Fireballs?" Ayar commented as she healed the arrow wound. "Any idea how that came about?" She took a look at Verulas' ribs. "Oh, no. Three broken ribs? I'm so sorry, just don't breath for a bit. Hold your breath, just keep your lungs as still as possible, okay?" Ayar said urgently. "From what I can see, one of your lungs has been punctured. I need to remove the shard of bone and reseal the lung, okay? Do I have permission?" 

VBWj75sh.png

IC: Verulas was a bit surprised to find out that he had a punctured lung; he could have sworn that he hadn't had any issues breathing during the past two days, but the job had kept him on edge for quite a bit of time, which would've explained how the extent of the injury had escaped his notice. The bone fragment had probably gotten itself stuck when it had become wedged inside, sealing the hole and preventing him from drowning in his own blood.

He was so going to find the doctor that patched him up earlier and revoke their medical licence.
The Bo-Toa closed his eyes, trying to distract himself before nodding in approval.
"Do it."

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Ayar activated her elemental power, and pulled the shard of bone out of Verulas' lung telekinetically. She quickly sealed up the hole in his lung- it was like skin, only more sensitive,- and melded it back into the rest of his rib. Verulas' chest was still swollen due to the break, so Ayar said as an afterthought:

"Keep some ice on that, it should bring the swelling down. Your rib's all put back together now, admittedly fairly crudely, but it's enough that you can fight. Just don't go doing anything crazy like a backflip, okay?"

VBWj75sh.png

IC Veneras 

The toa of ice made his way to where the others had gathered in hopes of finding the legendary Zero. 
He was surprised when he saw their female leader... He had never considered himself as one attracted to a skakdi but she was... wow. 

Veneras reached into his satchel to toy with its contents, a nervous habit of his.
It seemed that the skakdi was already surrounded by welcomers, and he did not want to burden her so he simply bowed before here
"at your service, m'lady"

640px-Rorschach_judge.jpg

--Character Profiles--

||--Veneras--|--MacGukko--|--Tharros--|--Xerrand--|--Tarian--|--Niralle--||

IC: Dayeth.

Mortem seemed to think they were safe, as he began to push the door open. Dayeth wasn't as trusting. Even if the beings on the other side of that door were fellow worshippers of Makuta, it didn't neccessarily make them allies.

She stood a bio behind Mortem, fire forming in her hand, ready to cover him if she had to.

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Transient sees the realization in Forger's eyes. He nods slightly, indicating The other Toa's suspicions are correct. However, the position of the Onu-Toa's brow suggested to leave the topic for another time.

"Yeah, three of them. Not sure if they're the kind to make it past the trials, though - I hear they're pretty brutal nowadays."

Edited by Jakura Nuva

IC Forger

Seeing Transient's expression stirs up feelings of my own. Deep rooted melancholy over things that will never be or things that have passed. Not the same issues Nialus must work through, nor feelings of spurned love. But failure, self doubt. Regret? They have been surfacing uncomfortably often as of late. I push them down as always, grafting iron weights to them and letting them sink to the depths of my psyche.

"Heh, you could say they're more brutal. Well, unless you're dueling Veteran. I heard one of our newest did so."

Edited by Tiragath

...but close to it

Transient looked away from the realization once again present in the Toa's eyes. Forger was another one of those close friends - and, being a Toa, understood him well. But sometimes, that understanding was a bit too well, and left Nialus wishing his feelings were better kept secret.

"Really?" He said in amazement. "Veteran? That must've been interesting. I'll have to talk to the old codger about it. Speaking of which - where is that Skakdi?"

IC Forger

"Dealing with our guests."

I explain the events that transpired in the Koro. My deceit (hasty and misguided action?) by the dark toa, our attack to chase out the quote, "meager defenders" left at the hospital. The dark toa's retreat, the standoff, Judge's injury and our journey to the Outpost. Including how we were acting as if we were not the owners of this place. I see Transient's incredulous look, "yes. It is a karz-d**mned mess..."

"It was folly on my part. Failure to perform proper reconnaissance and learn of the players in the battle. The forces that took Ko-Koro belong to both Echelon-" Transient gives me a grave look. Even mercenaries, removed from the black-white spectrum know evils like him can never be trusted. "-and the "Brotherhood of Ak'Rei'An," a group I have not heard of before."

...but close to it

IC Forger

"Well, I hate to say I'm drawing a blank and hoping Zero has some plans... But that is exactly what I'm doing." I take a seat as well, taking a long drink from my canteen "I do know Enforcer led a group back into Ko-Koro and encountered beings with unreal powers. A vortixx with rahkshi powers and a matoran with Toa-like control over an element. That would fit in with reports of other... Mutants, in recent times. Investigating that could be on our horizons."

...but close to it

"Mutants?" Transient rubbed his chin, something he did when he thought hard about something. "That's interesting... I recall Chronicling events like that ages ago. They were pretty rare happenings, but I found interest in them nevertheless - I think I have some copies of older records, too."

Edited by Jakura Nuva

IC: Well, that was a bit uncomfortable...

Verulas grimaced as Ayar finished patching up, eventually returning to his feet before stretching his limbs.

"Got it, doc. No backflips, cartwheels, or somersaults in the near future. Hope I can still form the pyramid though; otherwise the rest of the cheer-squad might start foaming at the mouth," he said sarcastically as a smile formed across his lips. "Thanks again Ayar. You know, you should really make people start buying you dinner or something every time they come in here to have their wounds healed. Anyway, I'll just be giving you some privacy now..."

The Bo-Toa exited her room, closing her door behind him before making his way down the hallway. He unsheathed one of his knives, flipping it between his fingers as he began to whistle. He eventually made his way back to the others, raising his eyebrow upon noticing the new arrivals before nonchalantly shrugging his shoulders and leaning against a wall.

He didn't need to be the life of a party to enjoy one.

• Upvote 2

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC: Kimala

She sighed as Korero returned. She was determined to help them, so whatever happened she couldn't allow herself to be a burden, lest they send her away too. She'd have to ignore the pain in her side, keep the stitches out of sight, and avoid anything too physically taxing. Good thing she had a Matatu, then.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

"Dinner? Oh no, that could be interpreted completely the wrong way. But no problemo," Ayar replied to Verulas. As soon as the door closed behind him, she ripped the protodermis sheet off the wall, revealing the Rahkshi insignia there. Absorbing the metal, she headed downstairs, sealing the door with steel.

In the main chamber, she found Zero and a few other Outsiders standing around with a Ta-Skakdi lying against the wall, a few of his spines broken.

"Does he need healing too?" Ayar asked.

IC: Scholar (Obsidian Outpost)

Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 3

Having become really quite bored on his own in his room, Scholar wandered back down to the outpost's main room.

Edited by Makuta Miras

VBWj75sh.png

IC: Razsk

Razsk crept silently down the central hallway, taking in the destruction from the numerous fights to keep the Sanctum safe.  Obviously they had failed miserably.  His sensitive hearing picked up voices at the end of the hallway, and he began moving closer, creeping along the wall.  He was so intent on the sounds, trying to understand them, that he tripped over a dead toa.  He cursed silently, and as he got up he heard the toa moan.  So he wasn't dead.  Razsk rushed over to him, extending the silence over him as well.  He picked him up, and the toa screamed soundlessly, before falling back into unconsciousness.  Razsk rushed to the doors and looked out.  He didn't see any of the makuta worshipers, but he wasn't sure.  He would have to move fast.  He dashed out the door, running to the left bridge and into a deserted building.  He ran to the back of it and laid the toa on the ground, before quickly making sure that he hadn't been followed.

OOC: Korero from Ta-Wahi

IC (Korero)

Korero rematerialised a moment later.

"He should be safe now."

IC (Oreius, Inu)

The Toa of Fire cocked an eyebrow in a rare display of humour. "He won't be happy about that."

He gestured to the remaining Ko-Matoran, who stood still and silent. Oreius couldn't help but feel an affection for these villagers: they weren't prone to panic, but waited patiently for orders, weapons at the ready. They weren't even Guards. "Now let's get the rest out."

Edited by Tyler is Love

IC: Ayar and Scholar (Obsidian Outpost)

Ayar looked over to Veteran, and asked "Am I allowed to heal him? Or is he just general scum? I could hear you guys shouting, " she said, the last bit pointedly at Enforcer. 

Part 1, Book 3, Chapter 3

"Anything particular going on I'm needed for?" Scholar asked. "I'm bored."

VBWj75sh.png

OOC: Veteran is nowhere nearby. He's off on the other side of the wall telling Kellin and Krayz to get out of the fortress.

IC: Enforcer.

"Scum isn't insulting enough of a name for this ######."

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Verulas took one look at the unconcious Skakdi, recognising the plasma burn on his heartlight as the effect of the Vortixx's gun, and immediately reminded himself that it was a bad idea to tick him off.

Maybe his time in La-La Land would teach him to keep his mouth shut. Or maybe those two would tear the place apart every other week in an attempt to kill each other.

He'd need some popcorn for that last one.

The Bo-Toa caught sight of the Fe-Toa speaking with someone that he didn't recognise (a Toa of Earth, perhaps?), singling him out amongst the rest as a part of their conversation. The gesture was simple and quick, leaving little evidence that it even happened at all as it became something that an untrained eye could have easily missed. His curiosity piqued, Verulas decided to walk over and join the conversation.

"So...," he said, spinning a chair around backwards so he could rest his arms as he sat. "Who does a guy have to off to get a drink around here?"

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC: Enforcer.

"Where do you want me to start?" I growl, in response to Zero's question. "The part where he wandered into our base and acted as if he owned the place, or the bit where he punched me in the face?"

IC Yeri MacGukko

The cable car began to rock and creak it's way up the cliffside. From the recieving station one could only make out a shapeless blur of blue and green (unless your kanohi sported a telescopic attachment, that is). As the car began to rock back and forth the echoes began to reach the ears of those above.
Mount Ihu sung across the the Tren Krom ravine, and the Mangai answered back:

"OY!

The barrels of ale

floated down the trail

of Paaaa-pa Nihu Reef.

The tumbled down and they tumbled round

Pa-pa Nihu Reef.

As the barrels came down the lads gath'red round

Papa Nihu Reef.

OY!

[slower tempo]
"To-a, or 'M'kuta

P'raka, or Teh'raga
Non' 'at matters when the fellers gath'r round

Papa Nihu Reef"

It was a drinking song, to be sure, and the tempo didn't flow as well as some of the more "cultured" music of the island. But it's echoes filled the cold air with a certain warm friendliness as the unnamed rider continued on his unannounced campaign up the mountainside.

Edited by Veneras
  • Upvote 2

640px-Rorschach_judge.jpg

--Character Profiles--

||--Veneras--|--MacGukko--|--Tharros--|--Xerrand--|--Tarian--|--Niralle--||

IC: (Mortem)

I push open the door to reveal...

OOC: That's your cue, Ghosthands :P

OOC: Oh, I know that :evilgrin:

Also, because I don't feel like describing things twice, here's your reference for the Sanctum, and this is the build-up to what you see here.

IC (Echelon)

...a Sanctum that was not as it had once been.

Normally this hallowed room was filled with the scholars of Prophecy in their silent study: now they lay around what had once been Matoro's throne, bound hand and foot, some with eyes screwed shut as they tried in vain to shut out the nightmare they had found themselves in. Instead, those that stood around the vaulted space were the agents of darkness.

But the beings in the room were not what drew Mortem and Dayeth's gaze. It was the walls: the famous Wall of Prophecy. All around the room, over the Wall's carven circular letters, larger ones had been daubed, glaring red from the icy surface. In Matoran blood they spelled out the desecrators' message:

BLOOD FOR BLOOD.

TOA, TURAGA, AKIRI. EACH FALLS IN THEIR TURN.

IT CANNOT BE STOPPED.

THE SUN SETS.

THE SHADOWS GROW.

YOUR DAY IS ENDING.

NIGHT IS FALLING.

Kohra and Agrona were still painting yet more macabre slogans on the Wall. At the centre of the Sanctum, beside the throne, Echelon stood watching them, with the air of an architect overseeing some great work.

The Dark Toa had his back to Mortem and Dayeth, but as the sound of their footsteps reached him, he turned to face them.

Green eyes gleamed behind the Komau.

OOC: Sketch courtesy of the ever-impressive Vezok's Friend.

EDIT: Fixed broken link.

Edited by Twelfth Ghosthands
  • Upvote 5

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: The Deceiver (Sanctum)

A good trait shared by many followers of Makuta is insanity. The Deceiver was no exception. She walked near the walls, looking at the words written in blood like if they were fascinating paintings. She was silent as she did this, and admired the confidence and determination of Echelon and his followers to punish the servants of the False God. She was confident that Echelon was a loyal servant of the Master of Shadows for having crushed an entire city of heathens, and leaving this message upon the walls for any slaves of the Slumbering Spirit who might trespass this hall in the future.

When she heard the door open, she observed the pair who stood near the doorway. She noticed the mutated arm of the Matoran, which seemed so unnatural that only Shadow Essence could've created it. These were likely to be worsippers of the Dark One, but the Deceiver still grasped the hilt of her sword just in case.

Edited by Daniel the Finlander

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles