Student Register

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

What happened in the past......

Month?

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

What happened in the past......

Month?

Well, Icarax finished up the assignment and assigned Silver, Rechere(did i spell that right?), Shark, Draco, and... I think one other person as his representative, giving them the right to do "justice" to anyone they want.

Which is not fun.

On the small scale, Canvas, Squid, Xi, and Melody are trying to make a peace group for Corpus, and thanks to Xi's brother, Hollow, it's not anywhere near easy. Also I think someone died.

Rail also finally told Icarax about some of Illusive's past activities, only to have the whole situation backfire in his face.

Oh, and Icarax now owes him a favor, apparently.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

That wasn't a backfire, that was brilliant. 

Icarax clearly recognises a potential asset when he sees it.  

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Yeah I'm gonna try to make another character.

Name: Jodohnn

Variation: (EDIT) Elasticity

Level: 2

Gear: Jodohnn has a small metal spade and a rocket jumper. The rocket jumper is a device that enables him to perform highly skilled rocket jumps in order to quickly move about an area. Jodohnn wears a belt with two pouches in the back. They both contain parts of refined metal.

<>ROCKET JUMPER DETAILS<>

The rocket jumper, as I stated above, is a rocket launcher-like device that can send the user skyward. Jodohnn's rocket jumper fires a pulse of gravitational energy that bursts when it hits a solid object. It looks somewhat like a purple football made of energy. When the pulse hits a target, it detonates and blasts the user away like they've been hit by an explosion. However, THE BLAST IS TOTALLY HARMLESS. The rocket jumper's creator did this on purpose to make the rocket jumper only usable as a tool and not a weapon. Anyone who is hit by the blast besides the one using the device will not be hurt in any way, nor will they be pushed away. To perform a basic rocket jump, Jodohnn would walk forward and jump, and then quickly point the jumper at his heels, fire, and then quickly turn back towards the direction he wants to go. It is possible for him to just point at his feet and fire, but this is less effective. By detonating the pulse at his heels while jumping forwards, the blast propels him further than if he'd just shot down. Also, by crouching in midair, he can jump further because of less air resistance. There are several specialized techniques Jodohnn can do with his jumper. One of these is the self-explanatory pogo jump. To do this, he simply walks forward and continuously fires at the ground, the blasts keeping him aloft. As device uses energy and not rockets, he doesn't need to reload and can effectively pogo jump forever. He can pogo over sharp rocks, other Rahkshi and up walls. The wall jump is another technique he can do. By performing a normal rocket jump towards a wall, then firing slightly below where he would hit the wall, he can bounce off the walls to reach higher places. If he needed to, he could jump from wall to wall to escape if he got stuck in a deep pit. Chain jumping is a simple technique that is useful for going far places really fast. He can transition from pogo jumping to normal jumping or wall jumping to pogo and use his momentum to keep going. This is a bit more complicated, as it involves incredible timing and precise angles. Jodohnn is a pro, so this is no problem for him. By quickly transitioning from a pogo jump to a normal forwards jump, he can go far and fast and gain more speed the further he jumps. He can skim across water and up ramps if he gains enough speed. If he does a normal chain jump, he does several normal jumps in succession to gain speed and distance. This can require shooting the pulse very early, as he will be moving very fast. 

[More details- When he rocket jumps, he has very good reflexes and can rocket jump away from anything that obstructs his path. The rocket jumper is useless over water, as the pulse will just go down to the bottom. It isn't much help high in the sky, either, because there is nothing to jump off of. Also, he knows that he could seriously hurt others and himself when moving too fast and will always rocket jump off of another if he is about to crash. This is one of the few time he cares about the safety of others. His elasticity makes him think he's a bit tougher than he really is, and although it does give him protection from falling or crashing at high speeds, he can still be injured.

Appearance: Average sized with normal colors, Jodohnn doesn't stand out much. Apart from being built tougher than average and standing more upright, he is a very generic looking Rahkshi. 

Personality: Jodohnn is a daredevil. He lives for thrills and always wants to take the most exciting path through life. He has little regard for his own safety, or that of others, knowing that he can solve most problems by rocket jumping away from them or use his Elasticity powers to weather them out. Slow to anger, this Rahkshi is the "YOLO swag" adrenaline junkie of the school.

Bio: Jodohnn cannot fly. He's known this all his life, but it no longer bothers him. He was created by a Makuta obsessed with gravity and its uses. She was rather reclusive and it was said her entire home was weightless. Perhaps the crazy gravitational fields are what led to his lack of flight, but nonetheless his Makuta saw this as opportunity for a test. She quickly discovered he was one of the new breed after seeing his proficiency with her recently invented rocket jumper. This Makuta was known for her various strange gravity-based weapons and tools. The jumper was built to act as a tool for the many races of the MU who couldn't fly. As Makuta and Rahkshi can normally fly, it was rather convenient that he couldn't fly and needed a substitute. Jodohnn is extremely skilled with his device, capable of using it to perform rocket jumps to traverse any terrain quickly Eventually, his introverted Makuta shipped him off to Corpus Rahkshi upon realizing she wasn't a teacher, and wanted to get back to work on her gravity studies. Jodohnn arrived at Corpus Rahkshi, and for the first time in his life he thought he felt unease. 

Something else I forgot to mention... Jodohnn is obsessed with hats.

Looks better, approved

7AOYGDJ.jpg

I've gotten criticism in the past for some of my characters acting more jerk-like than they're supposed to be, so I got to thinking that perhaps, if I embraced that jerkish aspect of my writing and channeled it into the most deliberate jerk of a character I could come up with, my other characters would be spared from that poor attitude. 

I have no idea if this will be work, but I guess it's worth a try: 

Name: Sugil, The Saint.

Variation: Mind Reading. 

Level: 2.

Gear: The Sunstaff, a golden sceptre whose mace-like head is studded with cruel spikes of hardened, sharpened lightstone.

Appearance: Of average height, he is imposing and regal. Clad in purple and gold, this rahk’s armour is all overlapping plates and elegant curves, his golden spines smooth and angular, his shining claws immaculately sharpened. His faceplate is unique, a complicated custom design of segmented plates that fit together to resemble a visor, concealing his eyes and expression from those he deems unworthy to gaze upon his holy visage. Emblazed on his shoulders is the symbol for the gothic letter after which he is named.

Personality: As with many of his siblings spawned of the Steltian Makuta, Sugil possesses a unique and noteworthy flaw – in his case, a sadistic superiority complex. While the new breed are undoubtedly greater than their basic brethren, he believes himself to be an order of magnitude greater than even they. Haughty and arrogant, he has a passion for inflicting pain, claiming that only through suffering can other new breed rahks be allowed to ascend to his height of purity.

Bio: He developed a fascination with his species early on, trying to discern what it was that made new breed rahks different from the normal variety. In the end, though, he realised he didn’t really care why they were better. All that mattered to him was that he was better. Realising that his breed had a higher resistance to light, he decided to see how far he could push that boundary, walking in open daylight whenever he could, allowing lightvines to grow in his room, and regularly handling lightstones. As time went by, his tolerance for both light and pain increased greatly, fuelling his beliefs of self-superiority. In time, he decided there was little more for him to accomplish in his home, and left for Corpus Rahkshi, to test his mettle against other new breed Rahkshi, and see if any others had reached his level of ascendancy.

MOC: http://i.imgur.com/mJvq772.png

Edited by Nato Greavesy
  • Upvote 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I've gotten criticism in the past for some of my characters acting more jerk-like than they're supposed to be, so I got to thinking that perhaps, if I embraced that jerkish aspect of my writing and channeled it into the most deliberate jerk of a character I could come up with, my other characters would be spared from that poor attitude. 

I have no idea if this will be work, but I guess it's worth a try: 

Name: Sugil, The Saint.

Variation: Mind Reading. 

Level: 2.

Gear: The Sunstaff, a golden sceptre whose mace-like head is studded with cruel spikes of hardened, sharpened lightstone.

Appearance: Of average height, he is imposing and regal. Clad in purple and gold, this rahk’s armour is all overlapping plates and elegant curves, his golden spines smooth and angular, his shining claws immaculately sharpened. His faceplate is unique, a complicated custom design of segmented plates that fit together to resemble a visor, concealing his eyes and expression from those he deems unworthy to gaze upon his holy visage. Emblazed on his shoulders is the symbol for the gothic letter after which he is named.

Personality: As with many of his siblings spawned of the Steltian Makuta, Sugil possesses a unique and noteworthy flaw – in his case, a sadistic superiority complex. While the new breed are undoubtedly greater than their basic brethren, he believes himself to be an order of magnitude greater than even they. Haughty and arrogant, he has a passion for inflicting pain, claiming that only through suffering can other new breed rahks be allowed to ascend to his height of purity.

Bio: He developed a fascination with his species early on, trying to discern what it was that made new breed rahks different from the normal variety. In the end, though, he realised he didn’t really care why they were better. All that mattered to him was that he was better. Realising that his breed had a higher resistance to light, he decided to see how far he could push that boundary, walking in open daylight whenever he could, allowing lightvines to grow in his room, and regularly handling lightstones. As time went by, his tolerance for both light and pain increased greatly, fuelling his beliefs of self-superiority. In time, he decided there was little more for him to accomplish in his home, and left for Corpus Rahkshi, to test his mettle against other new breed Rahkshi, and see if any others had reached his level of ascendancy.

MOC: http://i.imgur.com/mJvq772.png

Shock, Burn... You have a new rival.

Also, placing symbols on the bodies of your Rahkshi is so much of a thing now.

Well, it seems to pretty much be a prerequisite for the gothic letter family, so yeah...

The only thing I can see in common between the two is the number of arms. 

Wow... Jodonn's kind of a jerk...

Someone calls out for help, and he just decides to rocket jump over everyone and continue on his merry way. 

Okay, I'm confused.

One of Icarax's posts seemed to imply (at least, from my point of view anyway) that he somehow knew that Illusive was on the other side of the feud with Vlad, which then prompted a response from Vinna that essentially confirmed it. However, Rail himself didn't know of this, and thus it wasn't brought up in his report to the Makuta, so by extension, he shouldn't have known either as there were no posts indicating that he was delving deeper into their minds than the usage of his telepathy would've initially provided. Taking this into account, Rail still shouldn't know about Illusive's involvement with Vlad, yet despite bringing up the issue in one of my posts, the interaction has moved beyond the point where it could've been fixed relatively immediately.

So should I just roll with it, or should I keep on playing as if Rail still doesn't know?

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Okay, but if he was doing so, wouldn't that've been specified somewhere within a post?

And furthermore, what would be the point of rewarding Rail for coming to him with information he already knew?

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Yeah, this whole Vinna and Icarax suddenly knowing who Illusive is and everything he's done thing is kind of annoying me as well, given the near Shark levels of effort Illusive has put into covering his tracks. 

IC Percy:

He scowled, "Who the Karz do you think I am, huh?!!!"

As if on command, a long, thin section of the floor rose up, and Percy used it to pull himself up, before it snapped off, and he fit the blade into a the top, where it seemed to fit perfectly. Now armed with a crude sword staff, Percy lunged forward in a thrust.

Is this allowed?

Hm... if Percy can do that, then anyone can... and that opens up a whole slew of potential weapon-ex-machina situations with people magically rearming themselves at the most convenient moments...

People have summoned rocks to throw, so I don't see this as too different. (Though the perfect slot for his blade is probably a bit of a stretch.)

And like anything else in the Gym, there should really be a degree of etiquette. Summoning all sorts of intricate weaponry for oneself, like directly attacking people or blocking strikes with it, should really be kept to a minimum. Consider too any weaponry more intricate than a staff or club should probably be beyond the Gym's capabilities, and any weaponry at all is made from carnivorous stone and you've probably not got long before it starts eating you.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg