Student Register

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

Hush Sil, we are trying to forget the accident known as Omega  :P

lol :P

I could see Exxan joining the Dark Hunters.

They need more tacticians anyway.

Are you forgetting Krekka, greatest tactician of all time? :D

Anyway, all my characters are open for interaction in the school.
  • Upvote 1

Kathok

In this point and Time, Krekkas dead. 

So now the Dark Hunters may want an (Actual) Tactician.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, some Mata-Nui-knows-how-long pages ago Ultron mentioned that the RP takes place 10 years after the Metru became Turaga. 10 down, 990 years to go before the Toa Mata awake on Mata Nui.

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

Yeah, some Mata-Nui-knows-how-long pages ago Ultron mentioned that the RP takes place 10 years after the Metru became Turaga. 10 down, 990 years to go before the Toa Mata awake on Mata Nui.

I know too, it was 240 Pages ago.

Not just Mata Nui can know this stuff.

Some questions I have about the game:

What do you do in the game,as far as making posts and interacting with other players?

I don't understand the IC and OOC in posting.

What is the difference between electricity and chain lightning?

Can my main character have LEGO-like bricks as a hobby,as long as he doesn't have his own Bionicles?

Is there necessarily a way I am supposed to introduce my character?In the Corpus Rahkshi group,characters seem to come just out of the blue.

Are you allowed to make small changes to your bio in this topic?(E.G. character changed colors,has different tools,is now deceased)

1. Corpus Rahkshi is a text-based RPG. You create a character, with their own personality, history, and powers, and put them into the world to interact with others through conversation and combat. In this game, you are playing as a sentient Rahkshi in a high-school-like situation. This means student organizations, studying, and assignments, though not quite in the way you might be used to. Student organizations tend to be rival factions, each with their own goals of conquering or defending the school. Studying could take place in the Library or in the Gym against real opponents with real consequences. Assignments could be anything from writing up essays on strategy to the current Capture the Flag on a Visorak infested island. If you want more, take a good look over the first post in the Corpus Rahkshi topic.

2. IC and OOC stand for In Character and Out Of Character, respectively. Any post dealing with your character in the RPG should begin with IC: Name Here and preferably their location so everyone knows who you are talking about and what they are doing. It keeps things organized. OOC should be used sparingly, as the Student Register primarily deals with Out Of Character matters, but you can stick it on the end of a post to say things such as your character is open to interaction or asking for clarification on someone else's post. For more on that, or RPing in general, such as more definitions and examples, check out BZP's guide to RPing.

3. The difference is really subtle and arbitrary, but they have slightly differing powers. At lower levels, they are virtually the same, but Chain Lighting develops more range and multiple targets, while Electricity develops power. Check out the Kraata Variations page on BS01 for more information.

4. I suppose you could do anything with your character, but it is wise to avoid anything too ridiculous or that breaks the fourth wall too much, for your own sake rather than our own. "Joke Characters" are generally frowned upon, but if you can play it seriously, it could be an interesting quirk. We have plenty of creative characters who do everything from playing music to inventing to forging. They might fit right in, or you could try something else if you are worried about it.

5. Yes, characters generally appear out of nowhere. The two primary ways of introducing a character are to write up a quick post of them arriving at the school or to write up a post assuming they've been there the whole time, but only just began noteworthy action. Either one is fine, though it might be helpful to write about where they come from in their Bio, whether they just were created and shipped off or if they have been lurking in the halls for months, learning about the school and are finally ready to show themselves.

6. Ultron has never opposed minor changes as long as they have a reasonable excuse IC. For example, we have had several characters who visited the Cauldron to get a new look, generally for a disguise. If your character gets another to craft them a new weapon or obtains it (with approval from Ultron) from the Cauldron, add it to their profile. Personally, I like to keep the bios of my characters relatively up to date with current events and new tool sets.

Hope that helps!

Thanks!For number 4,I intended that as a quirk/hobby(not as a 4th wall joke),my character would have LEGO-like bricks in his dorm that he does stuff with.It would be only basic bricks,not Bionicles.But if you think I shouldn't,that's fine.I should have my bio up soon!

4. I suppose you could do anything with your character, but it is wise to avoid anything too ridiculous or that breaks the fourth wall too much, for your own sake rather than our own. "Joke Characters" are generally frowned upon, but if you can play it seriously, it could be an interesting quirk. We have plenty of creative characters who do everything from playing music to inventing to forging. They might fit right in, or you could try something else if you are worried about it.

Thanks!For number 4,I intended that as a quirk/hobby(not as a 4th wall joke),my character would have LEGO-like bricks in his dorm that he does stuff with.It would be only basic bricks,not Bionicles.But if you think I shouldn't,that's fine.I should have my bio up soon!

I tried something that was a joke yet somewhat serious at the same time coughcoughDiscordcoughcough and when that was approved, he died within 10-ish pages.

Exxan's a lot of things, but not evil..... or an idiot.... 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Psht, Dark Hunters aren't evil.

They're just the trolls of the Bionicle canon.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

I would think that for Corpus students Dark Hunters would probably be seen as worse even than the forces of Mata Nui. At least Jovan's team saved the universe and the Makuta had Hagah guardians, but the Brotherhood is at this point at war with the Dark Hunters. The anti-Dark Hunter propaganda would probably be even more intense than anti-Toa.

And consider - how many students see Toa in a somewhat positive light? Quite a few, from Root to Vaalku. How many see Dark Hunters sympathetically? ...None that I can think of.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Root likes Toa cuz he read a lot of kid's story books. Vaalku likes Toa because of unapproved backstory stuff. 

I'm a little sceptical of both sources....

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

1. Nidhiki and Krekka? Yes. The rest of them? Not so much. I actually like the Dark Hunters better as an organisation than the Brotherhood of Makuta or the Order of Mata Nui. They just seem infinitely more interesting than either of them.

2. Rail would actually admire their fighting skills, though he'd be a little iffy on selling himself out for cash.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Well, after one of yours dies, you can modify that backup profile of yours and use that? 

We've met one Dark Hunter already. If I recall correctly, he tried to kill us. 

Would have appreciated it if you'd run the profile changes by me, Funky. I do ask other people to do it. For the record, does that khopesh have any actual powers or is the "psionic" part just a name?

@Wielder: Vitesse is approved :)

Just nomenclature, amigo. I havent used anything of the new stuff in it het, so no harm no foul. Sorry for that! Just excited to get updated and back in the game!

Also, thank you for being such a wonderful god of the Rahk, good sir. I am sorry I have wronged you.

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

Hello! This RPG looks really interesting to me and I've been interested in joining since it seems so popular, so I decided I'd try it out with my new character! Here's his profile for approval! I'm not sure entirely how things work around here in Corpus so I'll just jump in and hope I'm doing things right. I'll start posting once Scoops has been approved!

Name: "Scoops"

Variation: Dodge, has the general powers/abilities of dodging and moving smoothly/quickly.

Level: 2

Gender: Goes by "he" but generally doesn't usually see his self as being more of one or the other.

Gear: Currently Scoops does not have any real particular gear or weaponry except for a tight fitting pack held tight by several straps in order to keep it from bouncing around. He uses it to store collectibles, interesting finds and bits of charcoal to draw. He doesn't have any fancy gear yet except for a rock tied to a strong piece of string, a makeshift mace kind of weapon that he put together.

Appearance: Scoops is an interesting balance between muscle and lean-ness. He walks all funky-like, sort of like he's dancing a little bit when he's relaxed or just getting around, though his muscles are fine and can muster good precision and movement. He's supposed to be red and silver but his red parts are light and closer to a pink-ish color. His spikes are pretty and kind of curved back, though they are not extremely long. He wears a raggedy blue neckerchief around his neck which he draws little symbols and pictures on when inspired.

Personality: Scoops is a silly kind of rahkshi and likes to move around a bunch. He's moving about most of him time and isn't usually serious. He has an affinity for small objects and collectibles like figurines and such and can be caught playing around with action figures when relaxing. When he moves he bobs around and slides a lot, very loosely, though he's finding more and more that when he wants to, he can have excellent control over his movements. He can act very silly and funky, sometimes giggling to himself because he finds his very own existence to be somewhat humorous. He's generally friendly and likes talking with others, though can get irritated if they move too slowly.

Bio: Not much has happened to Scoops yet. He's a young new rahkshi that has just joined the school and is getting used to things, though he finds himself feeling happy and liking the feel of having a body. He's been feeling creative and felt the need to craft a basic (if ineffective) little rock mace.

Edited by Banana Gunz

If Fog found out about the Hunters there's a decent chance his idol-worship of the Makuta would change. He might view the underground merc ways of the Hunters as being even better then the Makuta's crush-everything empire-type-thing.

EDIT: Figured I'd better clarify idol-worship. I meant it as a figurative term, as in he sees the Makuta as his idol that he wants to imitate, not that he has a little idol or anything that he worships. That'd be weird.

Edited by The Manhunter

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

Precisely the above.

The Order is not the only faction which could benefit from employing sentient Rahkshi. The Dark Hunters are in a war with the Brotherhood. If TSO found out I daresay he'd be interested in examining the students as well.

Either that or put some of them into suspended animation as trophies, sort of like what they did to Toa Varian.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC Vaalku

Vaalku quickly stood and slightly leaned on Revenge. "Oh, some Rahks here are very irritable and will beat you up for no reason. I have experience from the latter end. if you upset them, just make sure to always watch your back."

He ended the sentence with three words, making sure they were in a tone Revenge could percept.

Hmm...I wonder why? :P

"No reason". Vaalku walked up to Xara - whom he'd never even met before - and started pointlessly insulting her for literally no reason whatsoever, in front of one of the very few people in the entire school that she genuinely respects.

He got off lightly, all things considered.