Student Register

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

Torch and Shock are on Nynrah, planning to attack a small village cos why not, Raith is having a mental breakdown in her dorm, Snake and a tonne of other rahks are at the scene of the terrified-matoran-running-around-frantically-thing.

Oh, and some stuff's happening with other people's characters, but they're not important :P

Kathok

Politely ignores the intense argumentation, barring an appreciation of rhetorical competency

Also, how do you think Rahkshi would react to standardized testing? Let's just hope we don't go that far down in game...

Perhaps this is simply my broad intrest in RPG elements beyond the combative and exciting (See Phogen circa first assignment), or my love of acedemia, but I think it could actually be rather entertaining. I envision the standardized testing going down much like the written exam from Naruto. Now I am far, far from an anime or Naruto fan, so I may be screwing up my reference, but I remember the test portion well because it intrigued me so much, and I will provide an explanation for those like me who have a very marginal intrest in such things.

In essence, the idea in the show was that the test itself was a red-herring. The questions were practically impossible, cheating was forbidden and monotored closely, and the stakes placed on failure were both shared among a team and very high. A sort of Kobiashi Maru, for anyone familiar with Star Trek's most famous impossible scenario. And much like the Kobiashi Maru, the only practical way to pass was to cheat.

Unlike the parellel in Star Trek, however, the goal was not to fail in style. The goal was to cheat, but cheat without being caught, and assist your teammates in cheating, once again, without getting caught. The characters in the show used a myraid of methods (many of which a contextless schlub like myself never really understood fully) to this end, from back-row x-ray vision, to magically copying the physical motions of a neighbor, to utilizing a small millitia of insect spies, to tapping out morse code under the guise of nervous pen chomping. The multiple layers to this test, figuring out its true nature, executing and formulating a cheating strategy without being caught, coordinating with allies without communication being noticed, are as apparent as they are entertainingly engrossing.

There was some lame twist at the end where it all about guts or not giving up on the test or something equally, irritatingly trite, but the image of the actual test always stuck with me. In the context of this RPG, I see stadardized testing for the students going down like this, but with the test actually being graded. None of this 'true meaning of warrior' hogwash, just a brutal, ruthless exam as cutthroat as the other assignments.

I also see, due to the dynamic nature of an rpg and the impressive skill some students have exhibited, that it might also include a counter-intelligence and intellectual parry element included. To use an example, Phogen is trying to communicate with her teammates using that directed sonic whisper she is so known for, but Exxan picks up this strategy and uses his vacuum powers to cut the line so to speak, forcing Phogen to find another way of communicating. I also see that some powers could be dead weight (Quick Healing, Fire Resistance) in this assignment, but I think that only adds to the whole affair, forcing teammates (Probably randomly chosen by our dear Ultron) to communicate. All, of course, done surreptitiously.

Perhaps standardized testing would not be as dull in Corpus Rahkshi as you might imagine!

Anyways, that was a long response for what was probably a throwaway musing. Thank you for putting up with the verbosity I now apologize for.

Edited by Funkydude527
  • Upvote 2

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

It would make a world of difference if you would agree that the poisoned Matoran Vlad carries isn't -quite- dead, but I realize this is probably too much to ask for. So regardless, apology accepted.

She was smashed in the skull by a flying, fast-moving Rahkshi that was trying to kill her. When one takes into account how strong Rahkshi are, I think it would be unfair of me to say he didn't succeed.

And as I have detailed before, I think it would be unfair to say that he did succeed, at least instantly. When you take into account the heartiness of Fe-Matoran, and that Nightmare is a smaller-than-average Rahkshi, I see no reason it couldn't be decided that she has 'merely' a concussion of the highest degree, brain damage almost certain to be lethal within minutes.

No reason, that is, except that it is your decision, and having this Matoran die serves your purposes. Maybe you're not even doing it consciously, but I feel like you're playing the Matoran do things turn out as you want then, realism a secondary concern.

Though perhaps I am guilty of bias myself. :shrugs:

Obviously, in our own preferences, we are at an impasse in this issue... I request that Ultron arbitrate this one, or we'll probably argue in circles for eternity.

Edited by Johnrahk
  • Upvote 2

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

We should probably hust say non Fe-Matoran were present since it should be Ultron's decision for the other. (Kuma followed the lost one)

Edited by ToaKapura1234

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

I used to tell myself I didn't want to join Corpus because I used to only be interested in the BZPRPG. Then Tanks and Bionifight came along. Um. Yeah, I'm joining Corpus now. :D

Name: Nymph

Variation: Density Control

Level: 2

Gear: A big sword, a small satchel filled with grenades, a powerless Rahkshi staff and a plethora of interesting philosophical books.

Appearance: Slim and tall, Nymph isn’t exactly the perfect image of what a Rahkshi would be considered to be. Nymph is, unusually, red and black, with the occasional bit of grey where the base mechanical components of his armour show up. These are most prominent around the knees, hips, elbows and fingers. 

Personality: Reserved and quiet.  Nymph prefers spending his time either alone or with a small group of friends. Despite thinking himself “above” the other Rahks, holding a sense of pride and morals, although deep, deep down, he holds a fierce love for destruction which rarely shows, violently subverted by his normal mindset.

Bio: Not much to say here. Nymph doesn’t have any particular friends at the moment- he’s more or less on neutral terms with those Rahks that he’s met, preferring to spend his time alone. Very few of his days have been spent in the Gym, the others having been occupied absorbing knowledge in the Library.

VBWj75sh.png

IC: Sword Matoran - Hallway.

The Matoran's sword strike was abruptly halted by a powerful explosion of energy that flung him through the air, slamming into the wall before skidding down onto the floor. He stared in horror at his legs - broken and mangled by the powerful concussive force of the explosion - before passing out from the shock. 

OOC: And before you yell at me for beating up another Matoran, I'd like to point out that Revenge's profile says this:

Gear: special Zamor-sphere launcher, equipped with a small, dagger-like, bayonet.  the launcher also has a special apparatus (because anything that would be useful to put in a zamor is banned on campus) designed to fill a zamor with pure energy, making it explode on contact. (This is strong enough to send a Rahkshi flying several feet, bit won't do more than a scorch mark on it's own)

Matoran are much smaller and weaker than Rahkshi, and since Revenge fired his Zamor close to the Matoran's feet, the explosive force of the blast is going to do significantly more damage than it would to a Rahkshi. 

On the plus side, at least this guy isn't dead

It is perfectly fine.  I had actually forgot how powerfull his stuff was.

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

I feel so bad about all of this.... 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Illusive's whole plan is ruined. You were supposed to think the Matoran were attacking the school, and start a war with Phantom-on-the-Water in retaliation. You weren't supposed to all end up fighting each other...

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

No the leg breaking explosion was very realistic. But I think this might just be the spark an anti-Makuta rebellion needed.

Do you hear the Rahkshi sing?

Singing the song or angry men!

It is the music of a people who will not be slaves again.

When the beating of your heart

Exhoes the beating of the drums

You will know Makutas' reign is done

Black the color of Shadow

Red the color of tomorrow

One more day till Revolution

We'll be ready for Makuta and crush them into the mud.

One day more!

Okay enough references for one post.

Edited by ToaKapura1234

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

Anyways, four Matoran attacking the school would be a little bit silly, wouldn't it? If it were meant as an attack, the Ghosts probably could have come up with a slightly more capable strike force. There are enough smart Rahkshi in the school to realize something is up with that.

The plan was kind of hinging on all of the stupid characters being the ones to encounter the Matoran. Instead, it seems I wound up with all of soft, weak ones who immediately decided to help the people shooting at them. 

Edited by Locus

Anyways, four Matoran attacking the school would be a little bit silly, wouldn't it? If it were meant as an attack, the Ghosts probably could have come up with a slightly more capable strike force. There are enough smart Rahkshi in the school to realize something is up with that.

The plan was kind of hinging on all of the stupid characters being the ones to encounter the Makuta. Instead, it seems I wound up with all of soft, weak ones who immediately decided to help the people shooting at them. 

Well, that's why it failed. Tridax isn't even at the school. :P But really, it's not so unrealistic that some Rahkshi would feel pity for a group of lost Matoran frightened out of their wits so much they lost even the instinctive ability to read, and it wasn't as if every Rahkshi they encountered tried to help them, either.

But really, it's not so unrealistic that some Rahkshi would feel pity for a group of lost Matoran frightened out of their wits so much they lost even the instinctive ability to read, and it wasn't as if every Rahkshi they encountered tried to help them, either.

Considering that we've been trying to kill each other since Wreck the Halls, it did surprise me. 

Profile change pendingn approval from Ultron:

Can Kuma change his name to Mangai? Not as a retcon but as character development, rejecting his derisive Makuta-given name in favor of the Matoran word for protector, as per the new role in life he has given himself.

But really, it's not so unrealistic that some Rahkshi would feel pity for a group of lost Matoran frightened out of their wits so much they lost even the instinctive ability to read, and it wasn't as if every Rahkshi they encountered tried to help them, either.

Considering that we've been trying to kill each other since Wreck the Halls, it did surprise me. 

You say we like it means all Rahkshi, but that's hardly true. I don't even think any of the Rahkshi involved right now were even part of Wreck the Halls.

No the leg breaking explosion was very realistic. But I think this might just be the spark an anti-Makuta rebellion needed.

Do you hear the Rahkshi sing?

Singing the song or angry men!

It is the music of a people who will not be slaves again.

When the beating of your heart

Exhoes the beating of the drums

You will know Makutas' reign is done

Black the color of Shadow

Red the color of tomorrow

One more day till Revolution

We'll be ready for Makuta and crush them into the mud.

One day more!

Okay enough references for one post.

Mortsia would approve. Also, Illusive may still succeed.

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

We should've went with Venom's plan.

Now there's a survivor who's going to screw it all up on them. :P

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

As much as I hate to be that guy again, myself and the other players in the Skype chat have noticed numerous issues with your last post. 

IC: Kuma

"It's not an open wound just broken legs. And put that mask back on him, he'll die without it!". Kuma snatched and replaced the mask. "Besides Matoran don't have blood, they have some weird oil. I think only Skakdi and Rahi have blood.

Is this some kind of headcanon of yours? We've never heard anything like this before. 

Generally, unless otherwise stated, we treat characters in these games as if they all bleed, including the Rahkshi.

Matoran may be fragile compared to us but he'll recover fine.

No. He won't. Two words: internal bleeding. 

Palma can't be trusted. She's a Shadow Kraata and in league with the Makuta. Yes I said it. We are fighting each other when we should be fighting them.

Here's the ultimatum: This guy's going to die if he isn't taken to Palma. Trying to carry him all the way across the Causeway is going to get both Kuma and the Matoran killed. 

Come with or fight Tridax here. If the village is attacked I will see to it that they are prepared and die defending them if need be.

Yes, he will die. The Matoran have Cordak blasters and will blow him to pieces before he gets close enough to wave any notes in their faces. 

We're not like other Rahkshi, we're not all evil. Don't let Makuta turn you into that. When the village is prepared I will return and fight for freedom, alone if need be, die for it if I must. But I will not fight merely for Matoran but for the freedom of all of us slaves." Kuma left and reached the disk Matoran, still cradling the other with sorrow in his eyes.

How could he have possibly found the other Matoran so quickly? The school is huge, and the lost Matoran has an immense head start. 

He gave the injured Matoran to his comrade and got between them and the Rahkshi the disk Matoran had been fighting facing the Rahkshi with his staff raised and held in one hand.

With the other, he scribbled a note and showed it to the conscious Matoran: Exit this way follow me.

If he's holding his staff in one hand, how the heck can he be scribbling a note? That doesn't seem physically possible....

"Now back off Rahkshi, these Matoran are under my protection. He began inching towards the exit then looked to see if the Matoran were following him.

Also, this entire post is ignoring the fact that the disk Matoran is going to open fire the moment he sees Kuma, since it would seem to him that Kuma is carrying around the corpse of his dead buddy as a trophy. 

We're also wondering why Kuma has suddenly become anti-Makuta and pro-Matoran. None of his behaviour prior to this event have indicated this outlook on life, and the Makuta weren't even involved in this incident, so I really don't understand why the sudden change of heart.

Character development if fine, but it at least has to make sense. 

1. no it is completely canon that Matoran don't have blood, ask Bonesiii

2-3: again, no blood

4. in character knowledge versus out of character knowledge and no need to be so condescending Kuma is just behaving in character

5. Never said it was quick and I had actually meant he originally followed that Matoran anyway but you misunderstood me and I don't see why its really a big deal.

6. Key word scribbled- He's pushing it against his leg and its not very pretty writing but readable

7.Nothign to stop him from firing now

8.? If you haven't seen the anti-Makuta you haven't read Kuma's posts before this battle. Which is fine but please do your research before insulting my character direction.

Thanks, not trying to be rude, just explaining myself and would appreciate a little less condescension

1. no it is completely canon that Matoran don't have blood, ask Bonesiii 

2-3: again, no blood

Let me say it again. In this RPG, everything bleeds. I am telling you, as the person who is RPing the Matoran, that he will die from internal bleeding and shock if he isn't taken to Palma. Kuma is making a whole lot of incorrect statements and acting as if they're facts.

4. in character knowledge versus out of character knowledge and no need to be so condescending Kuma is just behaving in character

It should be in-character knowledge. I think everyone at this point knows that the Causeway is a no-go zone, especially after what happened to Vaalku.

5. Never said it was quick and I had actually meant he originally followed that Matoran anyway but you misunderstood me and I don't see why its really a big deal.

It kind of is a big deal because you've had your character magically track down someone who is nowhere near them without any apparent effort at all. 

6. Key word scribbled- He's pushing it against his leg and its not very pretty writing but readable

7.Nothign to stop him from firing now

The fact hat you bunnied him into carrying his friend and reading your note makes it kind of difficult for me to have him start shooting now. The only thing I can really do is retcon half of your post and have the Matoran open fire or start running the moment he saw Kuma. 

The issue with that, as I outlined above, is that Kuma finding him in the first place is somewhat unrealistic. 

8.? If you haven't seen the anti-Makuta you haven't read Kuma's posts before this battle. Which is fine but please do your research before insulting my character direction.

My friend Click just read through all of the Kuma posts and informed me that he didn't find anything pro-matoran or anti-makuta. 

Edited by Locus

1-3. Well, Rahkshi are also canonically slaves to the Makuta. RPG canon is different from normal canon, and it is generally agreed upon in the RPG forum that biomechanical beings bleed, just to make it easier on us bleeding humans.

4. We're just trying to help. Going to Nynrah will get him killed.

8. Yes, I did my research. Kuma has never said anything anti-Makuta before his battle. He said plenty about peace and defending his friends, so suddenly going up in arms against his friends when some Matoran arrive is completely out of character.

Also:

IC: Kuma

"Broken. Legs. HEAL! He will not have lifeling agony.

They don't heal perfectly when they've been shattered like this, especially on an island that is more focused on engineering than healing.

And they'd blow up the Matoran with me?

Yes they would. The mere sight of a Rahkshi is enough for these Matoran to open fire, whether you are carrying one of their own or not. Who is to say that one is even alive? And bringing along friends will only make it worse.

I am wilking to die to get them home if I must. Shadow Kraata serve Makuta and Tridax would never let them leave. And you said 'nobetter than US', including yourself so why should I listen to you?"

Click's right. 

And his legs aren't just broken, they're mangled

He's my character and I think I know his personality a wee bit better than you. Seeing anyone kill for any reason makes them his enemy and he was horrified hearing that Makuta kill Kraata to make Rahkshi suits and quickly changed the subject to not think about it. This forced that out.

OOC: Perhaps if you keep ignoring my posts I'll start ignoring your posts where the Matoran have unrealistic perfect battle skills when fighting me and die instantly fighting anyone else?

I don't want to ignore your posts, but it was explained numerous times in the posts above why Kuma's magically finding the other Matoran with such ease was unrealistic. The deaths of the previous two Matoran were also both justified. 

And the Matoran you fought exhibited the same combat skills as all of the others did, so I'm not sure what you're talking about. 

If you are trying to accuse me of discriminating against you or something, I assure you that I'm not. I allowed these two Matoran to live for all of the players to have a chance to interact with, and you're basically trying to hijack the entire storyline for yourself through unrealistic and unfair play, which isn't very considerate of the other players involved. 

How many villages are on Nynrah besides Phantom-on-the-Water? It wouldn't seem like many.

It's been implied that other villages exist, but the only other settlement we've seen is the capital city of Malebranche. 

Why are you the one that gets to decide that and ignore me? What gives you authority? This is why I really think Ultron shouldn't have delegated this.