Student Register

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

Shark wanted to get Short a while back, but Toa of Dancing's gone inactive since then. On Visorak, and later in Phantom-On-The-Water, he would have liked to get Silver, but never managed it. He was also considering taking down one of Tea-Rex's characters (Haken? I've forgotten... :wacko: ) since they bumped into him in the Library once, but not much has come of that yet.

Dragon already addressed the three he has killed.

Edited by Sergei Rahkmaninoff

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Shark will not rest until everyone is dead. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

1. If you count Illusive and Poly as a lot of people, Nato, then I guess he does; he recently just crossed Venom off of it, which makes them the only two left. Considering that my RP luck has been absolutely rotten as of late, however, they'll probably get taken out in their fight in the gym long before Rail will even get to them should the trend continue.

2. I always pictured Rail to have qualities similar to those found in Batman, Green Arrow (as he's generally known as, Unicode), and Wolverine.

3. That made me laugh, Aerixx. Props for that.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

I sincerely doubt that Illusive and Poly will get "taken out" during this fight. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Let's just say I'm prepared for the worst and leave it at that.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

I'm kind of hoping this fight can be resolved without anyone getting killed. 

Handing over the Matoran won't do much in the long run. Illusive still has a small collection of infected masks he can use later, and the mere sight of him with his infected Matoran seems to have gotten the attention of numerous other rahks.

I wouldn't be too surprised if a lot of other people start trying to do what he's done. 

Fog's already started. At least he tried to ask Icarax for persmission.

Icarax punched him in the gut before listening.

Icarax is a real grouch. :P

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

What kind of rahk would waste time asking permission to do something that at least two other rahks have already done? 

I play a loyalist. That's not what they do.

The whole purpose of Corpus Rahkshi is for the students to develop their new-found intelligence. The entire point is that they're supposed to be bold, take the initiative... not sit around and wait for orders or permission. 

After all, who knew what kind of use these smarter Rahkshi could have. Imagine a squad of them with teamwork and co-ordination to rival that of Toa teams. Imagine being able to produce strategic geniuses by the handful instead of waiting for likely to generals to rise through the ranks. Imagine Rahkshi who could be expert spies or assassins instead of simply living wrecking balls. With this ridiculous extended skirmish the Dark Hunters have declared on us entering its tenth year some more advanced troops in the field would help enormously with keeping the regions we possess pacified and under control. Though personally I find myself more intrigued by the scientific possibilities of what this might mean for my fellows and I. Evolution in the kraata could mean another step of evolution for we Makuta, and I wish to be ready if we undergo any more radical changes. 

The answer to our curiosity and wariness towards the new breed was to re-use our leader’s solution to the Matoran Civil War: stick everything in a box and wait to see the results. And so the Corpus Rahkshi academy was born. A place to properly keep them. A place to properly train them. A place to properly keep an eye on them…

Fog's a little... over-loyal, if that's a word. He almost literally worships the Makuta.

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

1. If you count Illusive and Poly as a lot of people, Nato, then I guess he does; he recently just crossed Venom off of it, which makes them the only two left. Considering that my RP luck has been absolutely rotten as of late, however, they'll probably get taken out in their fight in the gym long before Rail will even get to them should the trend continue.

2. I always pictured Rail to have qualities similar to those found in Batman, Green Arrow (as he's generally known as, Unicode), and Wolverine.

I know who he's generally known as; It's just the CW version is the only one I know of who is dark and has a hit list, and that version is called Arrow.

...he whipped out his free hand, snatching the weight on the end of the chain from midair and beginning to draw on Illusive's energy through the kusari. 

Um... I'm gonna be "that guy" for a sec and express my doubt about how feasible this tactic is. 

Last I checked, unless they're using a proper rahkshi staff to increase their reach, a Vorahk must be in physical contact with a target to use their powers on them. The only reason I didn't take issue with Vlad using the whip is because it came from the Corpus armoury, and I was willing to accept that it might have the same power-channeling abilities as a staff, since it was presumably made specifically for Rahkshi. 

Illusive's kusari, on the other hand, was made by Matoran, for Matoran, and therefore would lack this property.

If Vorahk could drain the energy of others through surfaces that they're both touching, it would kind of defeat the purpose of the whole physical contact thing; they could easily just drain someone dry through the floor. 

...he whipped out his free hand, snatching the weight on the end of the chain from midair and beginning to draw on Illusive's energy through the kusari. 

Um... I'm gonna be "that guy" for a sec and express my doubt about how feasible this tactic is. 

Last I checked, unless they're using a proper rahkshi staff to increase their reach, a Vorahk must be in physical contact with a target to use their powers on them. The only reason I didn't take issue with Vlad using the whip is because it came from the Corpus armoury, and I was willing to accept that it might have the same power-channeling abilities as a staff, since it was presumably made specifically for Rahkshi. 

Illusive's kusari, on the other hand, was made by Matoran, for Matoran, and therefore would lack this property.

If Vorahk could drain the energy of others through surfaces that they're both touching, it would kind of defeat the purpose of the whole physical contact thing; they could easily just drain someone dry through the floor. 

No problem, you're entitled to call me out. Quite frankly I was surprised you hadn't yet.

Since it was confirmed (link, for reference) that even authentic, power-amplifying Rahkshi staffs don't require any special properties or materials (but merely were given to the Rahkshi by their Makuta), I doubt the standard weapons in the Armory have any special properties that Legion doesn't. So either both the whip and Legion can channel Vlad's powers, or neither can.

And reading through old posts, if I interpret correctly, we have had numerous past examples of weapons being used to channel powers like Plasma (Fang's sword Venom), Confusion (Cuutuk's staff), Fear (Kat blasting Phantom through Scourge [also a Naming Day weapon!]), and the like. Famine, a Vorahk of Phoenix's, used to have a lasso to drain people's energy. Not exactly proof, admittedly, but a good deal of precedent.

So I've always found the most reasonable assumption to be that powers like that can be channeled only through objects with relatively small volumes, possibly with the concentration and effectiveness of the power decreasing as mass increases. That eliminates the problem of channeling powers through ubiquitous and enormous objects like the floor, a wall, or a bookshelf, but enables it through weaponry like swords, clubs, etc. If that wasn't as restrictive as necessary, then I'd say perhaps only objects made of metallic Protodermis. Either way, I would think Legion should be fully capable of channeling Rahkshi powers, such as Vlad's hunger.

But in the end this is probably best answered by the GM. So Wyrd, what are the rules on channeling Rahkshi powers through things?

Edited by Sergei Rahkmaninoff

So you're saying that it's perfectly reasonable for a Vorahk to be able to drain the energy of others through something both parties are touching? That seems a bit ridiculous. You're basically saying that someone could go stab Vlad, and he could still win by leeching them dry through their own weapon. 

I can't help but feel like that's kinda circumventing the whole "physical contact required" part of the power, and I know in the past Wyrd has said he's loathe to approve stuff that allows players to get around their variation's existing limitations. 

But your point about weapons is right; I kind of wish I'd brought this up right at the start, when Vlad first started using the whip. 

• Upvote 1

I know who he's generally known as; It's just the CW version is the only one I know of who is dark and has a hit list, and that version is called Arrow.

Just figured I'd say something for those who haven't seen the show and didn't already make the connection is all, since his comic counterpart is a little more widely known.

Now that I think about it, there may be some Punisher mixed in there as well.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

So you're saying that it's perfectly reasonable for a Vorahk to be able to drain the energy of others through something both parties are touching? That seems a bit ridiculous. You're basically saying that someone could go stab Vlad, and he could still win by leeching them dry through their own weapon.

Well, in theory he could. But (hesitant as I am to point it out when your overestimation would give Vlad an advantage in the fight :P ) I think you're overestimating Vlad's Hunger powers; at level three he'd hardly be capable of 'leeching them dry' in any short amount of time. At this point he's able to completely drain the energy of small Rahi, which a Kraata alone might count as but a full Rahkshi certainly not. He'd probably still be able to weaken them a bit, but not quite enough to win the fight if he'd already been shish-kebabed.

At higher levels this would be more of a problem, admittedly. But then, what Rahkshi power isn't fiendishly difficult to deal with at high levels? And as always there are ways, just less obvious.

I can't help but feel like that's kinda circumventing the whole "physical contact required" part of the power, and I know in the past Wyrd has said he's loathe to approve stuff that allows players to get around their variation's existing limitations. 

Well, it's not as if our Vorahk could covertly drain someone from across the room, or even hidden behind a bookcase or something. They'd still be restricted to physical contact, just with a slightly extended reach. It's apparently not overpowered for Vorahk with proper staffs (though I realize that it may be irrelevant, on the chance only proper Rahkshi staffs do that).

I do see your point, and while I think it isn't such a big deal (and precedent seems to agree), I'm probably considerably biased here - which is why I already called for Wyrd to arbitrate. (Until then, anyone else is quite welcome to throw in a third opinion too; it might help. :) )

But your point about weapons is right; I kind of wish I'd brought this up right at the start, when Vlad first started using the whip. 

Yeah, been there. Sorry about that. :confused: At least it's not going to require inordinate amounts of editing if it turns out I am wrong, since the whip's not done much draining yet.

Continue on with your day... Nothing to see here...  

Name: Vyper.

Variation: Gravity.

Level: 2.

Gear: She wears a bandolier of throwing knives – a dozen in total – as well as a red-tinged staff with a collapsible shaft. The staff’s ends are forked, like a snake’s tongue, with sharpened edges and points, making it useful for both stabbing and slashing, plus the non-lethal option of pinning foes in place.

Built into her left gauntlet is a Rhotuka launcher, which makes use of her own powers to temporarily increase the gravitational pull of whatever it strikes, tugging loose objects towards the effected surface. Built into the right is a retractable blade.

She also owns a hooded cloak – a very dark green in colour, with what look to be patterns of leaves and roses embroidered into it in black.

Appearance: Varying shades of mottled green, perfect for forest camouflage. Her body is lithe and strangely serpentine, her armour patterned to resemble a snake’s scales, while her spines resemble curved fangs.

And although she is no adaptation rahk, she often wishes she were, and has made numerous modifications to her body to better prepare herself for various situations. Polarised lenses over her eye-slits provide protection from bright lights while simultaneously giving her an intimidating dead-eyed stare, digitigrade legs allowing for better jumping and running ability, longer, sharper claws for unarmed combat, streamlined spines and armour to make movement smoother and faster, and smaller, clawed feet allow for better grip on surfaces, as well as providing a few additional options in battle.

Her spines and claws have a silvery hue, while her eyes – hidden away behind the lenses – are the same violet as all of her Makuta’s children.

Personality: Quiet, enigmatic, and aloof, Vyper mostly keeps to herself. She’s keenly observant of every one and thing around her, remaining constantly aware of her surroundings regardless of the situation. She sees herself as a huntress, striving every day to become a more efficient killer so that she may one day attain perfection, and serve as an assassin on the behalf of the Brotherhood.

Bio: Sired by one of the few female Makuta, Vyper’s upbringing was one of constant testing and challenges. Her mother, a rival of Gorast, had always striven to raise the strongest, most skilled Rahkshi, and Vyper soon emerged to be a star pupil. So skilled, in fact, that the Makuta decided to give her an opportunity she had only given to one of her progeny before then: send her to Corpus Rahkshi, to further hone her skills, and mingle with other new breed rahks.

MOC: http://i.imgur.com/kWgv1Li.png

A green Rahkshi with an affinity for self-modification - including lenses, extra leg joints allowing superior jumping and running, and a Rhotuka related to their power - and an air of aloofness.

As I said on Skype, I legitimately didn't realise the similarities until I finished Vyper's MOC and thought "why the heck does this seem so familiar?" 

Well, in theory he could. But (hesitant as I am to point it out when your overestimation would give Vlad an advantage in the fight :P ) I think you're overestimating Vlad's Hunger powers; at level three he'd hardly be capable of 'leeching them dry' in any short amount of time. At this point he's able to completely drain the energy of small Rahi, which a Kraata alone might count as but a full Rahkshi certainly not. He'd probably still be able to weaken them a bit, but not quite enough to win the fight if he'd already been shish-kebabed.

At higher levels this would be more of a problem, admittedly. But then, what Rahkshi power isn't fiendishly difficult to deal with at high levels? And as always there are ways, just less obvious.

Well, it's not as if our Vorahk could covertly drain someone from across the room, or even hidden behind a bookcase or something. They'd still be restricted to physical contact, just with a slightly extended reach. It's apparently not overpowered for Vorahk with proper staffs (though I realize that it may be irrelevant, on the chance only proper Rahkshi staffs do that).

I do see your point, and while I think it isn't such a big deal (and precedent seems to agree), I'm probably considerably biased here - which is why I already called for Wyrd to arbitrate. (Until then, anyone else is quite welcome to throw in a third opinion too; it might help. :) )

Yeah, been there. Sorry about that. :confused: At least it's not going to require inordinate amounts of editing if it turns out I am wrong, since the whip's not done much draining yet.

It's possible that a Hunger Rahkshi has to send out some kind of pulse energy thing to lock on, which on a floor wouldn't work too well due to inverse square law.

So, as many of you know, I'm not going to be able to play this game for much longer. I'm going to be... "away" for the next two years. But I really hate to kill off my characters. And so, I thought I'd open up a character adoption for those I could give away. I've put far too much work into Fang, Hoto, and Rain to watch someone else play them, but the others are fair game. So...

Tube: Hasn't seen the light of day for a long time. Even though they have been in the game longer than Hoto, their dependence on Chekquars and his subsequent disappearance from the game made playing them difficult, and they've only had a handful of posts since. To sum up their character, they're mindless muscle. Rahkshi of Slow with a lovable, childish personality and a great dependence on others.

Char: Char was a conglomeration of a few ideas, all of which kind of fell apart when the rebellion left the school. I haven't had much to do with her since. She's a typical bully, willing to use anyone as her next step up in the world. Though currently she's loyal to the Makuta, once she sees the balance of power shift, she'd just as easily jump to the other side.

Tear: Tear was just my latest idea I had to try out, but they got even less activity than I was hoping. They have multiple personality disorder, with "Teer" being sensitive and "Tare" being outgoing and short tempered. The profile wasn't submitted so long ago that I need to go more into detail.

So, if anyone wanted to continue posting as them, let me know, and we can work something out. If not, I have ideas to take each of these characters out of play at least until I get back.

Ugh, going to be so glad when I get home tonight and get some proper bloody wifi. I miss the search bar, and all the bookmarks I have on my laptop that aren't on my phone...

Vlad could, I would think, channel his powers through the whip. It would function in the same way a Toa tool would, something that focus his abilities. Most weapons would function in such a way.

Trying it through the floor would be a different story. Every example I can think of of someone trying to channel powers through a floor result in power being used on the floor and hoping the actual target get caught as collateral. The ground is too broad and acts in the opposite way as a tool, diffusing rather than focusing.

Oh and obviously any tool or weapon used as a channel has to be solid. No going "well I'm in physical contact with the air so..." :P

Vyper is approved

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Okay, the whip is fine, but what about Illusive's kusari - a weapon made up of a good twenty or so individual links?

This discussion originally started with me expressing my doubt as to whether Vlad was able to just snatch the chain out of the air and start draining Illusive's energy through it.

Oh boy, I told myself I'd stop, but......

Name: Diode

Variation: Electricity

Level: 2

Gear: Skakdi dual weapon, one end is a contact electrical pulse weapon, powered by    's own powers. it essentially functions as a very large tazer. The other end is a simple bladed hook.

Appearance: Small, and unassuming frame, which is deceptively slender painted a deep, midnight blue, contrasted with silver limbs. Strangely, where most Rahkshi have spines, Diode has scarred stubs where spines once jutted. the left jaw plate has a small silver ring through it. Diode has electric blue eyes.

Personality: Timid by nature,  Diode is uncomfortable with most physical contact, and will often shock anyone who touches them without permission. quiet, bookish, and shy, they don't make friends easily, but have taken a liking to the Porters, and their garden.

Bio: Raised by Spiriah, the Makuta whose name became synonymous with failure, Diode has not had an easy life. How the Makuta found a way to become inebriated is unknown, but ever since, Diode has had to deal with his Drunken Rages,and in fact, it is one of such rages that resulted in Diode having their spines ripped off. According to Spiriah, they reminded the Makuta too much of what made him a failure in the first place. eventually, Diode worked up the nerve to run away, and eventually made their way to Corpus.

• Upvote 4

Name: Tesla

Variation: Magnetism

Level: 2

Gender: Recognizes herself as neutral, recognized by others as female. She doesn't mind that.

Gear:

- Two katana-like swords. Just not as sharp. Wears them on her back when she isn't using them.

Appearance: Typical magnetism Rahkshi colors. Black head with yellow-orange eyes, black spine and golden feet. Golden hands have black circles of various sizes on their back. She is a little shorter than usual Rahkshi. Thinks that wearing transparent glasses makes her look better and smarter (that means she wear them).

Personality: Intelligent, teachable, likes to increase her skills, helpful, nice, sensitive, but hates romance and love

Bio: She spends much time in library, learning about physics (especially about electromagnetism) to help her understanding her own powers. She likes to help others with things she know and understand and overally is nice person. She always uses metal weapons and tries to help herself with magnetism, making her swords lighter to lift and heavier on impact. Difference is really a small, but she tries to increase these powers.

Edited by Nik333

At some point, I'll suddenly go on hiatus. I'm sorry for that.

Nik, but still pronounced as Nick

The Great Vakama or Clue official topic