Bionifight Infinite Discussion

Voltex

Then what about Lewa blowing himself with wind?

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

Wind is literally conjuring wind; kinesis regarding wind isn't really kinesis, it's bending the air flows to your will. By definition it flaunts the way mechanics usually work for solid and energy elements. Same goes, to a lesser extent, for liquids.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Combination of Air being a bit of an exception and it being everywhere.

You could also form some of your element under you and push off of that, kind of like a double jump. Such a method would require using up a fair amount of EE though, and is very different from flight.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Bending things to one's will is still kinesis. Besides, what if you conjure a large Iron boulder while on a rickety bridge? Does the bridge break and you plummet to your doom?

Edited by The Manhunter

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

But doing that does generate some kinetic energy that pushes your hand back, just not  enough to notice. If you were blowing enough to lift yourself, then by your logic it shouldn't work.

Edited by The Manhunter

I think you're missing the point.

Levitating an object crafted from your element is easy. Lifting yourself is not. If users of solid elements could do that, why didn't Nuparu need a Kadin? Generating an air current is simplicity itself. Waving your hand to generate a current was a device to try and elaborate on a point, not a literal interpretation. That point is that when you create an air current, that's all you're doing. Trying to lift a table while you're standing on it, on the other hand, is just as impossible as physically lifting yourself with your own arms. 

A user of an element that controls a force, or certain energies, can do it; because the nature of their power inherently contains force or the ability to alter it. A user of a solid element, or an element acting as a solid, lacks that inherent force.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

So I talked to people to try and figure stuff out.

We agreed that said hunting knife would be some kinda cross between a cleaver and an irl hunting knife, looking like this.

We also determined it'd be about the length of a forearm.... And the person with closest access to measuring tape determined his to be 1.5 feet.

Does this work now?

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

Elemental flight thread.

TL;DR: the only elements confirmed to be able to fly/levitate are gravity, magnetism, fire (with a jet pack toa tool), and air (with glider wings). The one exception to this is Pohatu from Legends #11, where he levitated the stone cage created from his powers going out of control and flying with itz but that could have been: 1) that was a Nuva ability, 2) that was his adapative armor flight systems allowing him to move with the cage, or 3) Greg forgot his physics.

Capisce?

I understand the theory; I just disagree with it. Besides, didn't Greg say at one point that books and older material overrule his answers?

I know. It split the faceplate near the middle, getting stuck in it.

Except he wouldn't have let go of his weapon. Added to that the fact that he was still climbing out of an ice cocoon, he shouldn't have been knocked back at all.

And even if the cocoon hadn't been there, I have my doubts that a thrust from a spear aimed at the head would have knocked back anything but Noctons head. Clean off. 

By all accounts, Nocton should be KO'd several posts ago.

I misinterpreted your post. I thought that Kotak threw the spear. As for the cucoon, your post made it sound like a small cavern around Nocton. And Maxilos can withstand Pit pressure..

Okay, this is getting ridiculous. If a spear hits you square in the face, it's going to kill you. Even if it didn't, it's not going to hit hard enough to knock you backwards out of the path of a Toa-sized boulder that was dropped at the exact same time that the spear was. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick
  • Upvote 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

This isn't a Toa we're talking about. This is a modded OoMN combat bot. But Nocton is KOed, so this argument doesn't really matter anymore.

This is the same problem we had when we fought Exsequor. Just because you guys play fully robotic characters doesn't mean you get to act as if they're the freaking Terminator. A spear through the face is still a spear through the face. Unless you've explicitly said that Nocton's CPU is somewhere other than his head (which you haven't), then I'm pretty sure a spear through the face is a kill. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

A Maxilos is nowhere near invincible, but it's pretty tough compared to a Toa.

It's a CPU. His conciousness is directly inserted into the Maxilos.

My apologies for the lack of activity from me the past few days, everyone (even though it has, thankfully, not appeared to have too much of an impact on the RPG). I was recently added to the Maintenance team at my work, so I've been getting about seven times more hours than I used to (which is... basically still not even regular part-time hours :P), and the universities I applied to chose this week to accept me, so I'm starting to go through all of that.

BUT!

I think I am getting to a spot where my activity might boost back up to normal. Which is good.

• Upvote 2

I have to inquire as to how, exactly, Jorth's flesh powers work. The human body (and, we must assume, organic bonkle parts) is composed of many, many types of specialized cells. So what does it mean for Jorth to be able to repair so many different types of them? Are there any types, such as brain cells, or the various types of cells in bones, that he can't repair or recreate? Do some types of tissues take noticeably more energy to create than others? If he makes bruises disappear, he's not only repairing the ruptured blood vessels, but instantly removing the blood that exited them. What can he do with blood? Can he replace it? If so, what about different types of blood, and the rhesus factor? Do those things even exist in the BIONICLE universe? If so, is society as a whole aware of them?

And what about the profane, repulsive nature of his ability? Not everyone's going to realistically be OK with him fixing them up with it.

*Snaps fingers*

Burn, there's a point where you just have to handwave things, because not everyone is from the precise same universe.

BUT I HAVE TO KNOW

*Snaps fingers*

You know what you also have to know?

How many lives the Queen is about to take away from both your characters B-)

• Upvote 2

I'm moreso just waiting for the day when the commercial sector runs out of meat for what it cooks

so that all of a sudden somebody can just be like

"Jorth! It's what's for dinner."

"mmm ambiguous flesh for dinner, my favorite."

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

I'm moreso just waiting for the day when the commercial sector runs out of meat for what it cooks

OH MY GOD

I NEVER EVEN THOUGHT OF CONVERTING HIS OWN EE INTO BIOLOGICAL ENERGY

Burn, there's a point where you just have to handwave things, because not everyone is from the precise same universe.

BUT I HAVE TO KNOW

*Snaps fingers*

You know what you also have to know?

How many lives the Queen is about to take away from both your characters B-)

;_;

*Snaps fingers*

OH MY GOD

I NEVER EVEN THOUGHT OF CONVERTING HIS OWN EE INTO BIOLOGICAL ENERGY

Wasn't Jorth throwing meatballs something mentioned...like, right when the profile was put up?

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

So Blade and apparently Chro gave me the A-OK to repost Virnar's profile, with a proper melee weapon this time around:

Name: Virnar

Species: Glatorian

Power/Weapon 1: A large, ornate Bow decorated with what look to be feathers on the ends. This can be used to fire a multitude of arrows, ranging from large precision arrows to scatter shots. She is also able to pull out a particularly large arrow and use it for melee combat if necessary.

Power/Weapon 2: Virnar carries around several phials filled with coatings to put on her arrows, giving them different effects. These include the following:

Power Coating - Makes arrows do more damage upon contact overall.

Paralyze Coating - Gives arrows an electrical property that can cause temporary paralysis. 

Poison Coating - Can cause arrows to inflict a poison that does damage over time and slowly exhausts foes while still active.

Blast Coating - Gives arrows an explosive property upon contact.

Close Range Coating - Strengthens the durability of arrows, to make them more effective as melee weapons.

The effects of each coating are unable to be stacked, meaning they can only be used one at a time and must be swapped out.

Power/Weapon 3: A rather large hunting/carving knife resembling this, and is about 1.5 feet long. While it was primarily used for carving hides and parts off of killed monsters, its strength in cutting through the toughest of hides allows it to be used competently as a melee weapon.

Appearance: Virnar has a well-built but slim frame that allows her to move quickly on her feet. Her armor is predominantly tan, with brown and black markings on her shoulders and hands. Like her Bow, she decorated the side of her head with a small bunch of feathers.

Bio: Virnar comes from an alternate Bara Magna, where  not only are the resources scarce, but the beasts that reside there being larger and more ferocious than in the base Bara Magna. While other Glatorian still battled for control of resources in tournaments, other defended their tribes from these monsters, and sometimes even sought them out during hunts. Virnar was one of these hunters, and among the most skilled. While she normally traveled with groups during hunts, Virnar was still known for being able to take on powerful monsters on her own, and win. Her entire existence, Virnar lived a cycle of hunting and coming back pieces carved off the monster carcasses, and was content to keep this up... Until the organizers of Bionifight decided to drag her to their tournament.

Personality/Other: Virnar doesn't speak most of the time, in fact, she's rather quiet overall. This is the byproduct of having to sneak up on monsters day after day, as she typically relied on not being seen until attacking during an opportune moment. If someone notices her who she likes however, Virnar is easy to talk to and generally a friendly person despite being a ruthless hunter for a living.

Reapproved with the updated weapon slot.

Updated profile to add things that technically have to exist for his shocking-through-wires gig to not shock him, and to change his cloak to a coat because cool. Also added a few more details to his appearance.

Edit: Changed his coat back to a cloak because it needs to be something with a hood, and also GUYS HELP I CAN'T STOP GOING FURTHER IN-DEPTH WHEN DESCRIBING HIS ARSENAL. O_O

Will probably do a similar overhaul to Artorre's appearance section, at some point.

Name: Shixahl (She-AHWL)

Species: Glatorian/Beast

Power/Weapon 1: Gauntlets with the ability to negate kinetic energy. They work with up to 75% efficiency. The gauntlets only nullify the energy of objects contacting the palm sides of his hands, or the main part of the backs of his hands. It does not effect his knuckles or the tops of his fingers, so as to allow him to punch effectively. Additionally, the gauntlets possess limited lightning powers; specifically, the ability to hurl bolts of lightning, and to electrify objects they touch. They are also insulated from electricity, so as to prevent shocking Shixahl when he uses them.
Power/Weapon 2: An array of 8 throwing knives with fine, but extremely resilient wires attached to them. These knives are made out of one piece of lightweight, durable metal, spanning about 11-1/2" from handle to tip, and 1-1/2" from edge to edge. The wires are 15 feet in length, and connect to the sheaths of their individual knives, which are located on a tool belt. The wires may be disconnected from the tool belt with the press of a button underneath each sheath. Like his gauntlets, the tool belt is insulated from electricity, so as to prevent him shocking himself through the wires. The mechanisms that spool out the wires on his knives are spring-loaded to automatically begin retracting when nothing is pulling on the wire or holding it in place.

Power/Weapon 3: N/A

Appearance: Shixahl, once an average-looking Glatorian of the green, has since been fused with various beasts of Bara Magna. More notable influences are the lion-esque mane upon his neck, the large, furry, cat-like ears atop his head, and the fangs that protrude from his mouth. He maintains his original rich, green color, but his mane is greyish-white. His eyes, however, have the appearance of normal, Glatorian eyes, of a deep blue color. Generally wears a black cloak with a hood, in order to cover everything but his face. Underneath this cloak, which parts in the middle for easy access, is his tool belt, which holds his knives.

Bio:

Most people have a choice as to what they're going to be in life. You can't decide, say, that you want to be president, but you can go into politics. You can't exactly outright choose to be a brain surgeon, but you can start by going to med school, and if you have the ability, work your way up to that goal. But Shixahl never had any such choice in life. He was born to be an assassin, and the only reason he was born to be an assassin was because others decided he would become an assassin the moment he was born. When he was very young, only 1 year old, the ruling syndicate on Bara Magna bought him from his parents and began to shape him. His diet, his activity, and as soon as he was capable of learning, his education, were all decided by handlers. When he was but 4, his training began. It was work that many adults would consider arduous, and it nearly broke him many times. Yet, he pulled through. Other children were not so lucky, and he was forced to watch as they failed, were deemed useless, and were ultimately disposed of. When he was 7, he was ready to go on his first mission, which was a rousing success-- for the syndicate, anyway. Shixahl was ambivalent, by this time. A mere child, he had already become a quick and efficient killer. His skills were even greater than those of the other children who were similarly raised from birth, and his handlers noticed.

When genetic modification came into vogue, the syndicate immediately snatched up every company, resource and person that was involved in the business, as they did with anything new and useful. Many subjects were experimented on, and though few survived at first, the research continued, until eventually, the survival rate climbed up to number high enough that the syndicate was willing to modify their own assassins. That number was still quite low, and Shixahl was once again an on-looker as his comrades were mutilated and killed. He, of course, survived his modification. The changes they made were much more than cosmetic; They allowed him more speed, agility and strength, better night-vision and improved hearing. What the syndicate had wanted most, however, was to make him a monster; their monster. They wanted his fanged face to be their face. They wanted a beast, so intimidatingly deformed that no one would ever dare to try and topple them from their pinnacle atop Bara Magna's ruling hierarchy. But what they got was a vengeful assassin, outraged at being stripped of what little humanity it had remaining. And so, Shixahl killed all of them. It was no easy task, even for one so modified and skilled as he, but he accomplished it. This occurred when he was 10. That was 12 years ago, and from then on, he has wandered the wastes. And if you asked him how old he was, he would tell you that though his body is 22, his life began but 12 years ago.

The moral of the story? You cannot choose what you will be, but if you push through, you can choose what you will do.

Personality/Other: Being raised as an assassin does not allow one to develop much in the way of a personality, nor does 12 years of solitary wandering. His will likely emerge as he interacts with more people.

*Snaps fingers*

Edited by Colonel Roy Mustang

I have to inquire as to how, exactly, Jorth's flesh powers work. The human body (and, we must assume, organic bonkle parts) is composed of many, many types of specialized cells. So what does it mean for Jorth to be able to repair so many different types of them? Are there any types, such as brain cells, or the various types of cells in bones, that he can't repair or recreate? Do some types of tissues take noticeably more energy to create than others? If he makes bruises disappear, he's not only repairing the ruptured blood vessels, but instantly removing the blood that exited them. What can he do with blood? Can he replace it? If so, what about different types of blood, and the rhesus factor? Do those things even exist in the BIONICLE universe? If so, is society as a whole aware of them?

And what about the profane, repulsive nature of his ability? Not everyone's going to realistically be OK with him fixing them up with it.

*Snaps fingers*

I see Jorth's control over a variety of delicious meats similar to a Toa of Stone's control over a variety of rocks. They want to create a barrier maybe they use granite, they need a cutting blade they go with obsidian. Shale would make a great projectile because if your target tries to smash it out the air its just going to result in a load of splintery shards hitting them, a sort of rock-based cluster bomb. 

I think that, while he probably could replicate brain cells or bone marrow, he would be able to replicate functioning brain cells or bone marrow. He couldn't just make a brain, stick it in a robot body and get himself a cool new sidekick, but he could repair damaged cells in someone's head and let their natural healing do the rest. 

I think larger and denser tissues would take longer and require more energy to create, like how a fire Toa would need more effort to make a larger, hotter fire. So making a muscle and making a thicker muscle would take different times. 

He can't do anything directly with blood. Notice in his bio it says he's worked with a Toa of Blood, its an entirely separate element in his world. He fixes bruises by creating flesh that forces the trapped blood cells out of wherever they've been trapped, like filling in a hole to force the water out of it.

There probably are going to be people who are repulsed by Jorth's power yes, and I leave it up the players if their characters are. But thing is, Jorth isn't going to realise that (yet anyway). He's not a freak of nature or anything like that, in his world powers like his are completely normal. Elements seem to be based more on biological processes (for example his team consisted of him, the aforementioned Toa of Blood, and a Toa of Bone) and in a couple of his posts he's expressed surprise at Kotak' element because there are no Toa of Ice where he comes from. To Jorth everyone else is weird. So he's genuinely got no idea people might take offence at his power being used on them

• Upvote 3

7AOYGDJ.jpg

I like Jorth. He's cool. 

• Upvote 1