First try at leather shoes + shoemaking with my lasts. Started them about five months ago but didn’t have the time/supplies to complete them until last week. Ballet flats don’t normally use welted sole construction, but I wanted to try the technique. Used the narrow German welt method.
Made from a 20ish year old suede jacket (outer and lining), ¼” thick veg tan leather (insoles, outsoles, welt), faux leather (stiffener), ¼” wide leather reinforcement tape, ⅛ in thick cork (filler), ba
Just some artstuffs!
9X12 Lop ear bunny, finished last month. Acrylic, pencil and watercolor paper. I feel like the leaves look kind of odd/over-detailed....The reference photo had a bokeh background. It's so hard to decide when it's done.
Drawing time:? Painting time 31 hours.
A happy little pumpkin panda with bamboo. White wood fill markers and black china markers will stick to pumpkin skin (Yaygaragestuff)
That color wheel feel when an art idea materi
(So, it seems as though blogging is allowed for all users now….If the rumors are true….My apologies for trying this if it is actually not permitted...)
This was the result of a random idea and illness-induced sleep deprivation. Very messy due to limited bricks. I haven’t watched “My Neighbor Totoro” in years, but this scene really seemed fun to build. I must admit, I am very disappointed in myself for forgetting to make the black umbrella to hang on the sign....frantically ran outside t
Or maybe blocks of wood turned into my feet.
After three years of making inferior-quality fabric shoes (with some slippers, some flat shoes, and ballet slippers being the only not-absolutely-weird-looking exceptions) the realization that a shoe last is a necessary thing has soaked in...Thanks to the discovery of some new, enthralling shoemaking tutorials on Youtube!
Apparently one needs a last before they can make leather shoes. I couldn’t find a wooden shoe last in my size any
Hatched another wildly random idea...
A human-sized Robin's egg bird nest bed/lounge chair.
It's made of foam crib mattresses, sheets, poly-fill, offensively-strong glue, paint and elastic.
Because I have always wanted one of these....since this idea popped into my head two months ago.
..Can I use the excuse that Porg demanded it?
You can make one too, if you want. I've made photo instructions on Flickr. For some reason it shows the last steps in the album
(I would like to preface this by apologizing if posting off-brand brick creations isn’t allowed. I am sorry if not. This is probably so wrong, but I’m afraid it would be bothersome to ask.)
I rediscovered the old dungeon castle MB bricks while sorting through the childhood Lego tote. The MB’s had not been used in at least 12 years, and so many miscellaneous things had migrated into that box. K'nex, random tools, rubbish, doodles of Toad, office supplies, and those utility building pieces fr
Just a vague tutorial, recent random artstuffspam and things.
So a lot of months ago I made a mini costume 3D face-face mask just to see if it was possible.
Wanted to try again on a larger one for someone else aka my mom the test subject, so here’s how to make one, if you’d like.
One cotton face mask that matches the skin tone of the human model. I used a one-layer mask so the paint wouldn’t stain the lining. Paint mask before sewing to lining for multiple layers.
Recent chipmunk, 9X12 acrylic + pencil on watercolor paper. Drawing time: ? Painting time: 42 hours.
The drawing was from last year and not heavily detailed (done with a flashlight during a road trip).
Drawings from the past few months, 9x12s. I lacked access to a reference photo for one of them, so that accidentally resulted in a drawing of me as a mere primordial mush’. The last two are smaller, old/not very good (2018-2019, flashlight car art) ones with some newly added
It has been wild lately. Medical TMI warning, I’m sorry in advance.
But first, a of couple creations. Just a shirt and chess-cake cheesecake for my brother. Stoked that he finally was able to visit.
The cake was really rough-looking.I made charcoal-dyed lemon butter-mint dough to cover it because I didn’t have fondant. Kind of floppy and hard to work with, and was totally last-minute.
Finally got to apply some newly-learned sewing techniques