Since I'm posting some Metroid-related stuff on my blog for the theme's 30th anniversary, I'd thought I would post this here and give you all my thoughts on it.
1. I like that it mentions Samus's fight against Phazon. From the way it sounds, it looks like this game's story takes place after Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. Though that's just a guess on my part.
2. I really like how the game looks. It definitely has the 'Metroid' feel IMO.
3. From watching some of the game play, I kind of get Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes vibes. In that you could play the game in single player, but could also do it in multiplayer. I don't know if that is true, since what I know about the game is solely based on this trailer and the announcement trailer from E3 2015. But it does look like that is what going to be in this game from what I'm seeing.
4. Federation soldiers using mech suits in battles. That alone makes this game cooler to me.
5. And finally, those Space Pirates look great. They really have the 'Metroid Prime' feel going for them.
Overall, I actually looking forward to this game. Is it the Metroid game I was expecting to see after Other M? No. But I'm willing to give this game a shot, and I hope other Metroid fans do as well. Who knows? Maybe this could be a great entry into the franchise. We'll see when it comes out.