Ancient Chronicle Auditioning

The G-Man

mata_nui_inc_auditions.jpg---- Hey everyone! I'm GoldenTahu, head of the Ancient Chronicl media branch. And now that BZPower is back online and the forums are alive and bustling again, it’s time to jump right into the next stage of production here a Mata Nui Inc. and Plast Productions, which is voice-acting auditions for the serials! Note however that, as there will be 4 serials all told, only one will be a fully voiced one: Their Mistake, the story chronicling the events of the Core War on Bara Magna. The others will be turned into narrated serials after initial release in written format. Now, you may ask yourself? Fellow user, how would I ever sign up for such an auspicious opportunity? The process is simple. Below is a list of characters and sample lines (which may be updated in the future) to choose from. Review the lines and get a feel for each persona, play around with your voice and feel cool, then when you are finally ready, set up a quality microphone and record several takes for the characters you have chosen.There are a few rules and instructions to follow when applying:• You may only audition for a max of 3 characters. This is to prevent people from auditioning for every part they see, this causes not only a repetition in their auditions, but floods the judges with more work than necessary, and can be quite annoying.• When recording your audition, do several takes in the same recording. The easiest way is what is called “ABC” takes, where you recite the lines 3 times, each different and on the fly. Please keep the length of your submission to a reasonable time (no 10 minute auditions for a single character), but have fun! Voice acting includes your whole body, so you will look and feel ridiculous, but that’s how you know you’re doing it right.• Send your completed auditions to matanuiinc@gmail.com or upload them to a site and send us the link at matanuiinc@gmail.com.---- The following sample lines may contain story spoilers, so read on at your own discretion! Note that the only female parts open at this time are the characters of the Water Lord and Gaia. Character sample lines for the Their Mistake audio serial:Element LordsFire Lord: "I assume that we are here for negotiations of some kind, but how can we start when we are not all here to negotiate!"Ice Lord: "I have made no agreement with any of you. It was found on my lands by my people. If you cannot accept this... I will respond in kind."Water Lord: "We govern these lands now, not by conquest, but because you saw fit to appoint us. If my people are threatened, I must, and will, strike back."Sand Lord: "I don’t know about any of you, but I didn’t come here to just sit around here and rust."Jungle Lord: "I have never felt like this before, I feel like I am one with the plant life of this world… yet apart at the same time. It calls out to me, as if eager to do my bidding."Rock Lord: "No matter what the villagers have been saying, what interests me is what cold shoulder will tell us when he gets here, and whether it will be the truth!"Great Beings:Angonce- "How could it have come to leaving the rule of this, our home, to impulsive beings like them? But I suppose we deserved it, because of our lack of foresight with our radical experiments."Melkor- "Your new strength has been given to you to more easily rule your territories. Each of you will rule your own people to the maximum of your abilities, and serve that people’s best interest. Now go, and fulfill your purpose."Heremus- "I appreciate your offer Gaia, but their neural network is not designed to be that complicated anyway. They won’t be made to think, just to do a job."The Elder- "In my meditations I found that the people of this world do not want a conflict, but they will follow their leaders to any end even so. If a war does come, it will not be one of justice. There will be no right side."Agori:Raanu- "He’s not happy at being burned by the Ice Lord, especially since he’s the one who usually does the burning."Kyry- "Thanks, but that doesn’t provide much comfort when you have six power hungry titans staring each other down."Metus(only line)- "The Ice Lord. Yes, he will know what to do!"Glatorian:Surel- "A grand day, isn’t it? Name’s Surel, of the Ice Lord’s Guard. I hope you don’t mind me going with you a bit. I trust we are both headed to the same place?"Gaia(a female Skrall)- "The Great Beings had a choice when they made you rulers. Look where that choice is leading now."Other:Avi(robot)- "Welcome home master! We were able to finish forging your Mask of Power." [if you have a synthesizer to moderator your voice that’d be great]Makuta(robot)- "We followed your instructions, and aligned the atomic structure of the air molecules in the container to your calculations, using the special singe-poled magnets that you found." [if you have a synthesizer to moderator your voice for this to make it more robotic/metallic *cough* optimus prime *cough* that’d be great]---- Also we are holding auditions for narrators. There are different ones, such as for the audio serial Their Mistake where you would be only the narrator, and the other Ancient Chronicle serials where you would read the entire script. Here are samples from Origins, The Grand Creation, and Their Mistake(again, be advised they contain SPOILERS!):OriginsThe Stone King Pior slouched in his stone throne. It felt good to be back in it. Whatever remorse he tried to conjure up because he was sitting in Lithon’s place didn’t come. He didn’t care. He was the stronger. And because he was stronger he would do what that fool had been too afraid to do. He would declare war, total war, on anything non-Stone Tribe. If Noca and Pravu didn’t see sense, that was their fault. And despite what that scum Armatus had done to him, he was still right about the newcomers. They were too powerful to be trusted. True, there were rumors that many of the seven old factions within the three kingdoms wanted to split. It didn’t matter, even if it happened to him as well as his onetime partners. Rock was stronger than anything thrown against it. He would do it out of spite.The Grand CreationIf time had stopped, it started up again as his sword swung out of its sheath and came to rest in his right hand, its blade hovering centimeters off the cold metal floor, as cold as Ackar’s heart, cold as the blood surely running through Invidior and Osavus’s bodies. But flames seemed to run through Ackar’s.Their MistakeIf you can imagine the angry, surprised, and/or worried shouts and arguments reverberating in the domed structure that was the Hall or the Great Beings, coupled with what you knew everyone was probably thinking, and knowing that neither was at all pleasant or in the least hopeful, then you have a close picture of what Angonce was going through at the present meeting. He could only hope that Gaia had not lingered outside the chamber in hopes of catching conversation, because it would no doubt jar her sensitive mind into a worse headache than he had.-Good luck everyone and have fun!

----Read more at: Ancient Chronicle----mni_logo11.png----kjlogo.png

Edited by GoldenTahu!

mata_nui_inc_auditions.jpg

92% of teens have moved on to Xbox 360. 7.9% still use other game systems (PS3 and Wii). If you are part of the 0.1% who still use the only real game system (PC), copy and paste this into your sig.

Also our head judge for the auditions is MrSciFiGuy. And don't hesitate to send yours in, because we are currently working out the deadline.

92% of teens have moved on to Xbox 360. 7.9% still use other game systems (PS3 and Wii). If you are part of the 0.1% who still use the only real game system (PC), copy and paste this into your sig.

Does the narrator count as one of the three roles which you can audition for, or is it considered separate? Definitely auditioning for this, and wishing you all much success on the project! :) -Shyyrn

"Let me realize that my past failures at follow-through are no indication of my future performance...

...They're just healthy little fires that are going to light up my resolve."

You can't be the narrator of say, Their Mistake and also be a character, but otherwise you could for instance try out for Origins narrator and still 2 characters for Their Mistake. So yes, you are correct. But you can only narrate one serial, because we want variety in telling our stories. Good luck on your auditions! :)

He would be rather jovial and friendly, but also a fierce warrior loyal to the Ice Lord. I should probably let you know that I am planning on auditioning for Surel as well. I'm going for a Scottish accent. But don't worry, I won't be judging myself. :P