Gatling Gun

Not really much to say about this model. I had a lot of technic pieces leftover and so I made this out of boredom just as an accessorial figure. It has a crank on the side that not only causes the barrels to rotate, but also turns a gear against a ticker to simulate gunfire noise.scaled.php?server=42&filename=dsc0081hkt.jpg&res=mediumAlternate view:scaled.php?server=16&filename=dsc0082mh.jpg&res=mediumBack view:scaled.php?server=62&filename=dsc0083cb.jpg&res=mediumThe Mahri visor is set in place not only to protect the inner workings of the gun, but it also helps to create a unique sound as some of the gears grind along the edge causing an echo effect to the clicking, producing a more realistic sound.Back view, casing removed:scaled.php?server=844&filename=dsc0084hw.jpg&res=mediumAs you can see, the four-pronged technic gear rotates, lifting up the bohrok tooth "ticker", and causing it to slam back down (via rubber band) on the gear as each prong lifts and passes. Thus, each quarter turn of the four-pronged gear produces a click noise.And finally, a shot of my Stronius revamp using the gun to demonstrate how it's supposed to be held:scaled.php?server=823&filename=dsc0085vg.jpg&res=mediumAny comments or criticisms will be appreciated. A video of the the gun in action might be posted at a later date.

VOTE BAHRAG!

Tahu: "Who exactly are you?"

Preston: "I'm Preston Stormer. I'm the leader of a specialized robot force tasked with defending the universe. I came because I received a distress call from here."

Tahu: "That's all well and good, but we don't need some robot to take care of us!"

Mata Nui: "..."

My Current MOCs: -Kervahnka-, -Gatling Gun-, -Jetbug 2.0-

Credit to ~ProtoSmith~ for the avatar.

Very nice. A consistent colour scheme will make it look even more of a threat to deal with.

This is my signature, I couldn't think of anything witty or cool or something to put here so I'll just be a total doofus and state the obvious that this is my signature. Have a nice day~

P.S. does anyone know of a online source for Bionicle in Singapore? I really wanna catch up on my childhood by buying the old Bionicles I never got to buy back then.

Overall, the whole shape of the gatling gun is great. The blue Mahri visor looks good as an ammo-box-cover-thing, and the back is nice. But I think it would look better if there were less colors (make barrel blue, for example).

Laughing_Man_Icon_by_CoyoteTracks.gif

Does anyone want to play the Master Chief Collection with me? I'm trying to get a team going for ranked. PM for GT.

Very nice. A consistent colour scheme will make it look even more of a threat to deal with.

Yeah... Unfortunately, yellow and orange are the only colors I have of those wheel pieces, so I can't do much there. I'm hoping one day to replace them with something light-grey, and maybe change the barrels a different color. Thanks for the input.

Overall, the whole shape of the gatling gun is great. The blue Mahri visor looks good as an ammo-box-cover-thing, and the back is nice. But I think it would look better if there were less colors (make barrel blue, for example).

Really? I wasn't so sure about the visor, but I'm glad it turned out well. As I said above, I hope to one day get the pieces to fix up the color scheme, but at least the thing is functional. I'm glad you like the model, though.

VOTE BAHRAG!

Preston: "I'm Preston Stormer. I'm the leader of a specialized robot force tasked with defending the universe. I came because I received a distress call from here."

Tahu: "That's all well and good, but we don't need some robot to take care of us!"

This is wonderful it truly does resemble a Gatling gun keep up the good work.

Thanks, I'm glad I was able to get the shape and detail right. ^_^

VOTE BAHRAG!

Really? I wasn't so sure about the visor, but I'm glad it turned out well. As I said above, I hope to one day get the pieces to fix up the color scheme, but at least the thing is functional. I'm glad you like the model, though.
I agree on with this on the visor. I thought it looked cool and was really creative. No need to worry that it looked out of place. As for the simulated gunfire noise, that's awesome. I always put aesthetics first on something like this, but you also squeezed in a cool little functionality on a nice-looking weapon. Only other thing that comes to mind is the color scheme, but that's not really a valid point considering you've already taken note of that and you were just throwing together some spare Technic pieces in the first place.

odyssey1_bannernew.jpg

Review Topic

I AM OFFICIALLY BACK! :D After 18 months on hiatus, I have returned, but I have spent that time well. If you want to see how it was spent, click on the banner to start reading the result or click on the linky-link below to get further information off of the review topic.

I agree on with this on the visor. I thought it looked cool and was really creative. No need to worry that it looked out of place. As for the simulated gunfire noise, that's awesome. I always put aesthetics first on something like this, but you also squeezed in a cool little functionality on a nice-looking weapon. Only other thing that comes to mind is the color scheme, but that's not really a valid point considering you've already taken note of that and you were just throwing together some spare Technic pieces in the first place.
Yeah, that's something where most mocists and I disagree on, as I put functionality before aesthetics. The thing could be colored like The Joker and I wouldn't mind as long as it worked the way it was supposed to. But hey, everyone's entitled to an opinion. I'm glad you liked the model and thanks for the feedback.

VOTE BAHRAG!

In addition, I think the crank is a little long. Can you make a video? I would really like to hear the sound!

Eh... True, but it's kind of hard to grip otherwise. The crank takes more power than it looks. But yes, I will see what I can do about uploading a video sometime next week, in addition to a new moc topic. :)

VOTE BAHRAG!

Really great - not only does it look good, but it is ... not "functional", but has a function. Neat idea to use the visor and gears for the sound. However, the colors are kind of all over the place. I suggest losing the yellow/orange, in any case. Grey or black would go well, but if you replace the visor with a white or tan one (I think they made tan ones) then those yellow/orange pieces could be made that color. Or, keep the blue, and make the whole gun (trans) blue, grey, and black. Since you use blue pin(s) anyway, that could be easiest. The design is very good (although socket blocks without bulbs, while they fit well, just don't look right) but the color thows it off. Much more unity ... at least make like pieces the same color (Technic wheels, sockets, gears, etc.)Anywhoo, great size, function, and overall MOC. a_peace.png

15037057692_2fb1ce338a_t.jpg     15034366641_d827682ab5_m.jpg     15037424595_cf284dac70_t.jpg

Toa Gali Nuva

Really great - not only does it look good, but it is ... not "functional", but has a function. Neat idea to use the visor and gears for the sound. However, the colors are kind of all over the place. I suggest losing the yellow/orange, in any case. Grey or black would go well, but if you replace the visor with a white or tan one (I think they made tan ones) then those yellow/orange pieces could be made that color. Or, keep the blue, and make the whole gun (trans) blue, grey, and black. Since you use blue pin(s) anyway, that could be easiest. The design is very good (although socket blocks without bulbs, while they fit well, just don't look right) but the color thows it off. Much more unity ... at least make like pieces the same color (Technic wheels, sockets, gears, etc.)Anywhoo, great size, function, and overall MOC. a_peace.png

Ah, I was waiting for someone to say something about the socket pieces! haha I tend to do that a lot in my mocs as I think it works well as a filler pieces, but I haven't really seen anyone else do it. (I mean, it took Lego 9 years to start doing that to their sets) As I've said in the posts above, I don't really have the proper pieces to do anything about the color scheme. If I ever do, I'm going to revamp it and post the update later in another topic. But until then, there's not much that can be done about the color. I'm glad you like the gear function in it and thanks for the criticism.

VOTE BAHRAG!