Official Pictures Topic

Than the Moa

Then as long as my images are within the filesize rules for how big I'm allowed to post, they will adjust to fit the template accordingly?
But there's not a way for me to control how big it gets shrunk to like I could on Wikipedia or BS01. I would have to shrink the file on my own computer?
Does it make a difference that my images are from a url? I did not upload them directly to BZPower, I uploaded them to Brickshelf and embedded the url.
Thanks!

Then as long as my images are within the filesize rules for how big I'm allowed to post, they will adjust to fit the template accordingly?

But there's not a way for me to control how big it gets shrunk to like I could on Wikipedia or BS01. I would have to shrink the file on my own computer?

Does it make a difference that my images are from a url? I did not upload them directly to BZPower, I uploaded them to Brickshelf and embedded the url.

Thanks!

You shouldn't have to worry about the file size limit most of the time, but if you do go over 750kB, resizing shouldn't be too big a problem. Yes, they will adjust accordingly.

If you do want to resize (if the image is pretty big, it might look pretty big even after the forum software resizes it), you will have to to shrink it personally.

There isn't much of a difference, no. The image size doesn't change unless the software converts it (which shouldn't happen unless you post an image into a comment).

No problem!

-Rez

EDIT: Also, notice that in BBC (Bionicle Based Creations), the file size limit decreases to 100kB, and the image size limit decreases to 640x640. This means you'll have to manually resize images yourself in order to post images in BBC topics. You can read more about that here, in the BBC Forum Rules and Guidelines.

Edited by Reznas

If they are embedded urls and not uploaded directly, do I even have to worry about the file size at all? Only the dimensons would matter if someone else is hosting the image, right?

If you embed an image URL like this, than you don't need to worry about any of the file or image size limits on BZP. The limits only apply when directly embedding an image in a comment, like this: ninjas_meet_thumbnails.png

-Rez

• 2 months later...

I can't seem to link a post to my brickshelf gallery. The window won't allow me to press OK, and when I click Cancel, the window asking me weather I want to cancel or not sends my back to the hyperlink window no matter what I do.

"You humans are absurd, Rook. Furious when you're not in control, terrified when you are. Pull it together."

Could you give us an example? Maybe a screenshot or something? I'm not entirely sure what your issue is. Are you having trouble accessing your gallery when you link to it in a post on BZP? Or are you having trouble hyper-linking to your gallery when you are posting?

-Rez

Edited by Reznas

Link.

Looks like I'm able to hyperlink it. If using the hyperlink button doesn't work for you, try adding in this code when in the BBCode editor (just click the switch on the top left of your post editor):

[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=550205]Insert Text Here[/url]

-Rez

• 1 month later...

This might seem like an ignorant question to ask, but are there any rules for what you can have as a Avatar images? (I know anything profane is a big no-no).

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

• 2 months later...

The first page of this topic says that .gif avatars will be animated in your profile, but not in the forums. However, mine is not animated. Did I do something wrong? I can link to the picture I'm using to show that it is indeed animated: https://31.media.tumblr.com/634ce9c144cb5b11c88675658c1539df/tumblr_inline_ncwijspf6Z1rn6h0r.gif

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

• 1 year later...

OK, I know this topic hasn't been touched in a while, but I need a confirmation on something.  Reading the posts from earlier, I saw that to upload from your computer, you'd need to upload the picture to a hosting site of some kind and add the URL from there to put it in your post.  My question is, would Google Drive be considered a valid hosting site for me to put my pictures?  I tried adding the URL from there to my post, but the picture doesn't seem to show up; in its place is a little picture box that says "view", and it pops up the picture if I click on it.  I guess I don't know if that's normal or not, so I just want to know if Google Drive URLs would work for adding pictures.

Edited by capMARVELOUS

OK, I know this topic hasn't been touched in a while, but I need a confirmation on something.  Reading the posts from earlier, I saw that to upload from your computer, you'd need to upload the picture to a hosting site of some kind and add the URL from there to put it in your post.  My question is, would Google Drive be considered a valid hosting site for me to put my pictures?  I tried adding the URL from there to my post, but the picture doesn't seem to show up; in its place is a little picture box that says "view", and it pops up the picture if I click on it.  I guess I don't know if that's normal or not, so I just want to know if Google Drive URLs would work for adding pictures.

I've never bothered using an URL for pics, so I'm not sure if Google Drive would be viable or not. I personally find it much easier to save an image to my computer, then upload the file. No URL or hosting site needed.