Legends of Chima Online

Meiko

Well, I played for a bit more, then sent Lego some feedback with a few suggestions. Here's just a brief list of what I was thinking:

1. Meiko's bank, just in case it hadn't been shared already.

2. More varied boss battles, maybe a bit more like the second Crawley fight, where you had to figure out how to open the gate and didn't get swarmed by other crocs at the same time like the first.

3. More interesting terrain, with cool thing to explore like LU's statue, caves, space ships, etc. Also suggested harder creatures that once passed, will grant access to a new area. The LU Maelstorm Gorilla comes to mind.

4. NPCs with special mini quests like LU's. Basically, "Get this item here," "Gather X amount of this, and bring it to me," and races.

5. NPCs with exclusive stores that sell new items that are hard to find anywhere else.

6. More customization, in character (colors, eyes, decals) and outposts (Spore-like building creation. If you've never played it, it allows you to create a building from premade pieces and paint schemes, or select one you like from a list. A sharing feature would be awesome for the latter.)

7. Cooler armors. I mean, come on, we've got just a ton of sashes and robes with little variation. Hopefully we can at least get that golden armor shown in the sets. It would also be cool to get variations based on the different tribes too.

So, that's about it. Any thoughts?

They should add Speedorz as a PvP mechanic. Maybe dueling for items/EXP in a tournament of some kind?

Yeah, I'd really want some sort of PVP in the game, but they'll have a reason they'd give for why they can't... <_<

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I'm just trying to figure out how that would work as a fun mini game. It could be similar to the online game, where the two race on a course, and the first one to the end wins the challenge. Maybe some kind of moving bar could be involved so you have to press a button at a certain time to get an extra boost?

I'm just trying to figure out how that would work as a fun mini game. It could be similar to the online game, where the two race on a course, and the first one to the end wins the challenge. Maybe some kind of moving bar could be involved so you have to press a button at a certain time to get an extra boost?

That essentially describes the Speedorz game for iOS and online. http://www.lego.com/en-us/chima/games/speedorz-game/

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Just let you transfer items?

Or make the two games connected somehow?

I don't think they'd go together very well, since one is available on mobile, and the MMO wouldn't work on mobile (and they certainly won't take something they already have off of mobile).

I do wish that the game was incorporated with the LEGO.com features of the Chima site, like the Chima Vault. It would be nice to get more points there for doing things like leveling up in the MMO. It is tied to our LEGO ID, so I don't think a feature like that would be too difficult to make.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Yes!

Well, I played for a bit more, then sent Lego some feedback with a few suggestions. Here's just a brief list of what I was thinking:

1. Meiko's bank, just in case it hadn't been shared already.

2. More varied boss battles, maybe a bit more like the second Crawley fight, where you had to figure out how to open the gate and didn't get swarmed by other crocs at the same time like the first.

3. More interesting terrain, with cool thing to explore like LU's statue, caves, space ships, etc. Also suggested harder creatures that once passed, will grant access to a new area. The LU Maelstorm Gorilla comes to mind.

4. NPCs with special mini quests like LU's. Basically, "Get this item here," "Gather X amount of this, and bring it to me," and races.

5. NPCs with exclusive stores that sell new items that are hard to find anywhere else.

6. More customization, in character (colors, eyes, decals) and outposts (Spore-like building creation. If you've never played it, it allows you to create a building from premade pieces and paint schemes, or select one you like from a list. A sharing feature would be awesome for the latter.)

7. Cooler armors. I mean, come on, we've got just a ton of sashes and robes with little variation. Hopefully we can at least get that golden armor shown in the sets. It would also be cool to get variations based on the different tribes too.

So, that's about it. Any thoughts?

Yes! And also the ability to choose from all tribes!

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

• 2 weeks later...

With the news of the new species/characters in Legends of Chima: Laval's Journey, I'm hoping we see some of them in the MMO. It would be nice to have something other than eagles telling you what to do and fighting crocodiles all day.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

• 2 weeks later...

[7/7/2013 9:54:21 PM] George Barnick: okay, can you do me a favor[7/7/2013 9:55:31 PM] George Barnick: post in this announcing that closed beta ends on July 9th at 4:00am Eastern Time and will re-open soon after in open beta http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=10010[7/7/2013 9:59:34 PM] jamesster: Ok sure I can do that but why can't you?[7/7/2013 9:59:37 PM] jamesster: Just curious[7/7/2013 10:00:47 PM] jamesster: Oh I see[7/7/2013 10:00:57 PM] jamesster: You're the last person to post thereSo yeah, July 9th at 4:00 AM Eastern for the end of closed beta, folks.

So yeah, July 9th at 4:00 AM Eastern for the end of closed beta, folks.

So, I created a useless Site with forums removed. -B6 account just to discover that the access code ended and so is closed Beta? .... KARZ. Edited by Black Six

So, I created a useless [removing site name with forums --Meiko] account just to discover that the access code ended and so is closed Beta? .... KARZ.

Yep, you sure did.I'm interested in what open beta will have different from closed. I'm guessing just bug fixes and maybe a few more worlds than just the two, but some new customizations, an actual menu for game settings, and a few other new features would be nice.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

So, I created a useless [removing site name with forums --Meiko] account just to discover that the access code ended and so is closed Beta? .... KARZ.

Yep, you sure did.I'm interested in what open beta will have different from closed. I'm guessing just bug fixes and maybe a few more worlds than just the two, but some new customizations, an actual menu for game settings, and a few other new features would be nice.

So, I heard you can't be the Crocs, Ravens, wolves or anything else on the bad side.....karz again...

So, I heard you can't be the Crocs, Ravens, wolves or anything else on the bad side.....karz again...

In closed beta, you couldn't. You could only choose Lions, Eagles, Gorillas or Bears. There may be more features and availabilities in open beta. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

In closed beta, you couldn't. You could only choose Lions, Eagles, Gorillas or Bears. There may be more features and availabilities in open beta. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I hope there'll be Rhinos. "Cuz they're cool.

Edited by Damaracx 8.0

Rhinos are a "bad" faction, and are allied with the crocs, ravens and wolves.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

WAT. Vultures?

WAT. Vultures?

I've never heard of any vultures in Legends of Chima...

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

WAT. Vultures?

I've never heard of any vultures in Legends of Chima...

It'd be cool though.

• 2 weeks later...

They should add Speedorz as a PvP mechanic. Maybe dueling for items/EXP in a tournament of some kind?

Yeah, I'd really want some sort of PVP in the game, but they'll have a reason they'd give for why they can't... <_<

That's really is too bad. PvP's awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

Open beta is scheduled to open today! Keep a lookout on http://www.chimaonline.com for any notices or changes. :)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Open beta is scheduled to open today! Keep a lookout on http://www.chimaonline.com for any notices or changes. :)

Things are happening on the website right now. Looks like it's a matter of moments or hours at most.-Gata signoff.png

I'm excited to see what's changed. Hopefully I'm not disappointed! :P A bunch of my friends over at Brickipedia are also quite excited. The game is quite fun when you can do it with friends and discuss it over a chatroom. It's much more cooperative, and goes by faster.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Open Beta starts tomorrow, confirmed here. Looks like they had some last minute updates to add. :P

EDIT: Got into the site and found the Membership plans, along with Gold Brick pricing.. Eww....

Subscriptions

12 months + 600 Gold Bricks = $59.99
6 months + 900 Gold Bricks = $59.99
6 months + 300 Gold Bricks = $35.99
3 months + 150 Gold Bricks = $19.99
1 month + 50 Gold Bricks = $7.99
Gold Bricks
1200 Gold Bricks + 800 Bonus = $59.99
800 Gold Bricks + 250 Bonus = $39.99
400 Gold Bricks + 80 Bonus = $19.99
200 Gold Bricks + 10 Bonus = $9.99
100 Gold Bricks = $4.99
Edited by Nealybealy

The site is still offline, but.... You can bypass the maintenance message by going straight here: https://na.chimaonline.com/en/ (The link only works sometimes for some reason. Enter it a few times for it to actually let you in) From the looks of it, there is a membership that you can buy, but is optional, but also means that the F2P part will likely suck.

LEGO® Legends of Chima™ Online is free to play but becoming a member gives you access to a slew of added benefits and conveniences. Members can unlock advancements for their hero and Outpost, gain access to exclusive areas and items, and all members get a drop of Gold Bricks, the in-game premium currency!

I doubt I'll be paying for it.... just not something I feel I'd care for enough. There's also a redemption feature, so I guess there will be promo codes for different things and whatnot.

It is quick and easy to redeem a code! All you need is an active LEGO ID account with an existing character!

According to an official post on the LEGO Message Boards, the game should be up within a few hours. Hopefully they are right, since it was already scheduled to be up on August 1st.

Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

According to an official post on the LEGO Message Boards, the game should be up within a few hours. Hopefully they are right, since it was already scheduled to be up on August 1st.

An official post just like that said it would be up in a few hours on the night of the 1st when everyone was waiting, so I'm not counting on it...

MassiveSodaDuck

)+_)+_) on BZPower

AFK on RRU

Msdalr1 on LEGO.com

MassiveSodaDuck on

Minecraft & Wikia

An official post just like that said it would be up in a few hours on the night of the 1st when everyone was waiting, so I'm not counting on it...

True. I would have expected Warner to know not to make a promise that they could hold to them. If it were me, I would have made the first announcement say "Coming in August" if the game wasn't near finished. :plain:

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

True. I would have expected Warner to know not to make a promise that they could hold to them. If it were me, I would have made the first announcement say "Coming in August" if the game wasn't near finished. :plain:

Same here. They obviously didn't plan or prepare much...quite a disappointment if you ask me.

MassiveSodaDuck

)+_)+_) on BZPower

AFK on RRU

Msdalr1 on LEGO.com

MassiveSodaDuck on

Minecraft & Wikia

Aaaaand...

https://community.lego.com/t5/LEGENDS-OF-CHIMA/Updates-on-Legends-of-Chima-Online-Game/m-p/6991186#U6991186

MassiveSodaDuck

)+_)+_) on BZPower

AFK on RRU

Msdalr1 on LEGO.com

MassiveSodaDuck on

Minecraft & Wikia

Aaaaand...

https://community.lego.com/t5/LEGENDS-OF-CHIMA/Updates-on-Legends-of-Chima-Online-Game/m-p/6991186#U6991186

Why am I not surprised.... From what I can gather, the problem I'm seeing is with the login feature with the LEGO ID. The cookie doesn't seem to write properly or something. :???: I would leave my opinions there on the LEGO Message Boards as well, but I can't convince myself to scroll down through all the spam and flood of emotes and exclamation points. <_<

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Open beta is up at http://www.chimaonline.com!

If you do decide to use a different name than you did in closed beta, let me know so I can change it in the first post.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

I'm still using the same name and currently am at level 14, hoping to reach 20 by the end of the night.

Oh come on! :P I just got to Level 7.

Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick