Video Game You Last Played?

Halo: Combat Evolved on PC, due to losing access to my Xbox for I don't know how long, and therefore being unable to play the far superior Halo Reach, which ironically came in the mail a day after I lost access to the Xbox.

Stop right there. You did not just say Reach is better than CE...

AΨ 94

Halo: Combat Evolved on PC, due to losing access to my Xbox for I don't know how long, and therefore being unable to play the far superior Halo Reach, which ironically came in the mail a day after I lost access to the Xbox.

CE had a better story and characters, but the superiority stops there. I was talking about gameplay. CE's is laughably easy. Not as easy as 4's though.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

CE had a better story and characters, but the superiority stops there. I was talking about gameplay. CE's is laughably easy. Not as easy as 4's though.

Are you talking about MP or SP?

AΨ 94

Are you talking about MP or SP?

SP, actually. Didn't figure I'd talk about MP when the only way to do that in CE is System Link, or on the PC version, use of terrible servers that make the entire match a matter of luck rather than skill.

Though I still prefer Reach's MP. I mean, people complain about reticle bloom, but it does make your aim better than in previous games if you shoot slowly, and it's realistic because you can't keep a gun as steady if you're just firing away at random.

AA's are sort of good and bad at the same time, depends on how they're used. But it does add some variety. I see noobs spamming Armor Lock and then holding it while hoping for backup, and people complaining about that, but that depends on the user. I usually use it for a split second to survive a rocket so I don't lose simply because the opponent picked up the rocket first, then I jump to the side and headshot the enemy before I pass into cover.

Plus there are more weapons and the hitboxes aren't stupid. In CE you can't even fire a rocket between someone's legs, and apparently the air between tree branches is solid.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Been playing some Retro City Rampage lately. Pretty fun, with some good humour and it reminds me of playing the original Grand Theft Auto all those years ago.

However, the keyboard controls aren't very good and my gamepad won't work with it for some reason, so that's unfortunate.

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

SP, actually. Didn't figure I'd talk about MP when the only way to do that in CE is System Link, or on the PC version, use of terrible servers that make the entire match a matter of luck rather than skill.

I am so after the fact but did you seriously just say that CE takes no skill on PC

I'm loading up a server now, 1v1 me

haha.

Anyway. I just got Red Dead Redemption as a late birthday present. I'm embarassed to say since I call myself a gamer and all but this is the first Rockstar game I've ever played on a console. I guess my quickie first impression is that John Marston seems like a really thorough and interesting character, but the controls are a little clunky and hard to get used to.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

I am so after the fact but did you seriously just say that CE takes no skill on PC

I'm loading up a server now, 1v1 me

haha.

Anyway. I just got Red Dead Redemption as a late birthday present. I'm embarassed to say since I call myself a gamer and all but this is the first Rockstar game I've ever played on a console. I guess my quickie first impression is that John Marston seems like a really thorough and interesting character, but the controls are a little clunky and hard to get used to.

I didn't say it takes no skill, I said it relies more on luck than on skill because any skill you have is rendered worthless unless you are within 20 feet of your opponent IRL.

Because the servers are ridiculous. Whenever I fight someone online, both of us will survive things we should logically have been hit by. It works both ways, but it ruins the game. Doesn't play out like Halo should.

Matches on LAN are fair though, as long as you're within 20 feet of your opponent and you're on a really good network.

Edited by Axilus Prime

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Going through Subspace Emissary mode, mostly 'cause I haven't played it myself yet.

-TNTOS-

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

A Writerly Blog

The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness

(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)

{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)

(In the End Completed 09/01/14) (Review Topic)

The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)

Dragon Age: Origins, in preparation for Dragon Age 3, which doesn't even come out for another year.

For those wondering, male Cousland rogue, romancing nobody, planning on having him marry Anora.

If I had a cool thing to put here

I would put it here

Probably not though

It'd probably be some dumb meme

Maybe some hipster-tastic lyrics

Who cares