Most Over Used Pieces

Hexann

The black and blue pins along with the black, gray, and red axles.

I was gunna say that D:

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

Lehvak-Kal shield. It should have stayed Lehvak-Kal. Pewku could have used normal Lehvak claws.

Normal Lehvak claws are a-symmetrical. Maybe the designers had OCD.

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

Umbra's long axle piece that connected his whole weapon together, obviously. :P

Takanuva SoL piece, Lewa Nuva's blades, Zamor Spheres (ugh, waaay too much), Inika and Piraka lower legs, etc. Bordakh blades were overused between 2004-2006/7. From my memory, they seem to have disappeared nearly in 2008. lol

Also, the Hau. Think about it. Not only have we seen repeats of the same model (2001), but even different incarnations of it.

Led Zeppelin?

Yes. :P

Green and orange metru eyes (I mean seriously did they forget that they had different colors once upon a time?)And inika everything appeared way too much after 06 that was all we got.

"There was no way that was an ordinary Toa, no Toa killed like this. No Toa fought so mercilessly. This hooded thing had single handedly killed hundreds of his Rahkshi children with twin gleaming swords. No that was no Toa.... that thing was Death himself....

Last thoughts of an unknown Makuta on Toa Erebus

I've never had a problem with Inika torsos, mainly because they were so much more versatile than people give them credit. As far as pre-made torso parts go it was pretty much the best one we got - if I had to choose which torso to overuse I'd take the Inika torso any day. Not to say it's not overused, but it didn't become used to the point of utter redundancy. Bordahk staffs were always the most annoying to me, because of all the Vahki staffs I thought they were the least interesting. Didn't stop them from being crammed on to any larger set, though - it was almost if they had a bet to cram them on every playset that they could, and as such there were a few instances where they looked far out of place. Not only that, but we didn't even get some recolors - I know they probably would have looked pretty good in black.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

The reason why Inika pieces were so overused is because they're useful for people who aren't good with custom bodies and stuff. And Lego can't go around selling stuff with bodies like Chro's MoCs, the 4 year olds would be too confuzzled.

I can't think of any parts that were overused, myself. Some parts were used a lot, like Takanuva's Staff of Light, Lewa's Air Katana, the Toa Inika torsos, or the various blades from 2007. But I think calling these parts "overused" is looking at things entirely wrong. Rather, they kept being used because they kept being useful.You don't just discontinue and replace a piece because you think people might be tired of it. It's bad business, especially since a lot of your profits might be coming from people who have never owned a BIONICLE set, or at least people who haven't owned enough BIONICLE sets to really grow tired of any particular piece. Plus, the more use a particular piece gets in sets, the more profitable the mold is.Think of it in terms of classic LEGO. Is the minifigure "overused"? How about the 1x2 brick? The 2x4 plate? The 1x1 round plate? The Technic pin? Of course not. These are iconic elements of the building system. Eliminating them to replace them with something that looks different but performs more or less the same function (or, alternatively, something more specialized that performs the same function, but not as well) would be folly of the highest degree.This is part of why I really like Hero Factory's tendency to reuse pieces, and to design them with years of potential use in mind. It's more in line with proper LEGO design philosophy than to release a bunch of parts with specialized shapes and textures for variety's sake alone.

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

I can't think of any parts that were overused, myself. Some parts were used a lot, like Takanuva's Staff of Light, Lewa's Air Katana, the Toa Inika torsos, or the various blades from 2007. But I think calling these parts "overused" is looking at things entirely wrong. Rather, they kept being used because they kept being useful.You don't just discontinue and replace a piece because you think people might be tired of it. It's bad business, especially since a lot of your profits might be coming from people who have never owned a BIONICLE set, or at least people who haven't owned enough BIONICLE sets to really grow tired of any particular piece. Plus, the more use a particular piece gets in sets, the more profitable the mold is.Think of it in terms of classic LEGO. Is the minifigure "overused"? How about the 1x2 brick? The 2x4 plate? The 1x1 round plate? The Technic pin? Of course not. These are iconic elements of the building system. Eliminating them to replace them with something that looks different but performs more or less the same function (or, alternatively, something more specialized that performs the same function, but not as well) would be folly of the highest degree.This is part of why I really like Hero Factory's tendency to reuse pieces, and to design them with years of potential use in mind. It's more in line with proper LEGO design philosophy than to release a bunch of parts with specialized shapes and textures for variety's sake alone.

Well said.

The reason why Inika pieces were so overused is because they're useful for people who aren't good with custom bodies and stuff. And Lego can't go around selling stuff with bodies like Chro's MoCs, the 4 year olds would be too confuzzled.

A Chro moc as a Lego set..... My god that would be beautiful. Anyways back on topic. We had new body types almost every year. We had mata then mata again, metru, hordika, and then inika and piraka. Only once we got to karda nui did we get new torso's in the form of the Makuta.

"There was no way that was an ordinary Toa, no Toa killed like this. No Toa fought so mercilessly. This hooded thing had single handedly killed hundreds of his Rahkshi children with twin gleaming swords. No that was no Toa.... that thing was Death himself....

Last thoughts of an unknown Makuta on Toa Erebus

We had mata then mata again, metru, hordika, and then inika and piraka. Only once we got to karda nui did we get new torso's in the form of the Makuta.

What you said and not only that, but we also got the Bohrok Bodies in 2002, Rahkshi bodies in 2003, Kongu's body in 2007, and what you said about 2008. 2009 and 2010 were really the only years where nothing new torso-wise came into being, well, that is, at least from what I can remember.

We had mata then mata again, metru, hordika, and then inika and piraka. Only once we got to karda nui did we get new torso's in the form of the Makuta.

What you said and not only that, but we also got the Bohrok Bodies in 2002, Rahkshi bodies in 2003, Kongu's body in 2007, and what you said about 2008. 2009 and 2010 were really the only years where nothing new torso-wise came into being, well, that is, at least from what I can remember.

2009 still had Inika and Metru hip bodies, but connected by different ways.

anything the Inika had, really. they all became old by the time 2008 rolled around. seriously, 3 years with nothing different whatsoever?

That's a bit of an overstatement. Only one non-Inika set had their light-up weapons and none had their heads or their masks. Also, their leg armor (and shoulder armor to a certain extent) may have been used a lot, but they're great pieces that lend themselves well to MOCing.

Q2TtLEz.png

The tiny black axel pieces.

Plus rods and friction pins. Come on Lego, give us something different! :P

Oh, the little blue peg/pin combination.

Ball sockets. Particularly the standard ball-to-axle.

The black and blue pins along with the black, gray, and red axles.

And to think: I was considering putting a big 'EXCLUDING [insert The Following Peices Above]' in bold, red, text. XD