Sand Tarakava: Coveted Creature

I tried submitting Sand Tarakava to CUUSOO, but the pics I used (which I assume are the same pics avak5 is on about) were too poor quality. idk where else to find pics though, even after I asked here myself.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

I tried submitting Sand Tarakava to CUUSOO, but the pics I used (which I assume are the same pics avak5 is on about) were too poor quality. idk where else to find pics though, even after I asked here myself.

LEGO Cuusoo would not be able to produce a Sand Tarakava that is authentic to the original model. The panel style used in the Sand Tarakava, and the regular Tarakava for that matter, has been discontinued for about five years. With this kind of model, a Cuusoo proposal would be more effective and more legitimate anyway if you created a more original MOC of the creature using more modern parts. It's not like that would even be any less official, since the Sand Tarakava never appeared in a brick-built form in any official media: the one that we have pictures of is a prototype model that was never officially released or even pictured on media like the trading cards.Because the Sand Tarakava model is a prototype, no instructions are available. But you may be able to build it by comparing pics of the Sand Tarakava prototype with the instructions for the finalized Tarakava set.

Well, the one acquired by collectors was the prototype model, so I think people are going to want that authentic version, not some recreation. In that case, I think Aanchir is right; Lego probably won't mass-produce a set with an outdated building system, and for a niche group of consumers. Out of interest, does anybody know who ended up with the Sand Tarakavas? Anyone on here, by any chance?

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

-Toa Zaz

I don't know who got the Sand Tarakavas.

You will not be able to find instructions for a Sand Tarakava anywhere, unless some where included with the prototypes the collector's got, which is unlikely. If you want to make your own, you could get normal Tarakava instructions and use the appropriate parts, but I think that will still be different. For CUUSOO, then you must build your own, unique but similar model.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Purple Dave from MoD was the one who had it. I don't know if he still does or not.

The reason why a Cuusoo project for this wouldn't work is because Bionicle is dead for the time being, and they're not going to produce another Bionicle set without reviving Bionicle itself. And the Sand Tarakava would not be the one they would start Bionicle back up with.

Bliss.png

Purple Dave from moderator was the one who had it. I don't know if he still does or not. The reason why a Cuusoo project for this wouldn't work is because Bionicle is dead for the time being, and they're not going to produce another Bionicle set without reviving Bionicle itself. And the Sand Tarakava would not be the one they would start Bionicle back up with.

That's not necessarily true. I can't think of any reason a Cuusoo project for a discontinued theme would be treated any differently than a Cuusoo project that didn't fit into any existing theme. If you could get enough support for a BIONICLE project on Cuusoo, LEGO would review it according to the same factors they use for any other non-licensed Cuusoo set proposal.

• 4 weeks later...

Purple Dave from moderator was the one who had it.

Dat filter. :P

That's not necessarily true. I can't think of any reason a Cuusoo project for a discontinued theme would be treated any differently than a Cuusoo project that didn't fit into any existing theme. If you could get enough support for a BIONICLE project on Cuusoo, LEGO would review it according to the same factors they use for any other non-licensed Cuusoo set proposal.

The only bad thing is that if they do something like that, they would probably get a looooooaaaad more of emails saying "You made the Sand Tarakava, then also bring BIONICLE back!"

Edited by Predator - Jungle Hunter

-G u u R a h K

LEGO Cuusoo would not be able to produce a Sand Tarakava that is authentic to the original model. The panel style used in the Sand Tarakava, and the regular Tarakava for that matter, has been discontinued for about five years. With this kind of model, a Cuusoo proposal would be more effective and more legitimate anyway if you created a more original MOC of the creature using more modern parts. It's not like that would even be any less official, since the Sand Tarakava never appeared in a brick-built form in any official media: the one that we have pictures of is a prototype model that was never officially released or even pictured on media like the trading cards.Because the Sand Tarakava model is a prototype, no instructions are available. But you may be able to build it by comparing pics of the Sand Tarakava prototype with the instructions for the finalized Tarakava set.

Dang, I forgot Purple Dave's site had forums. :lol: I'm pretty sure he had instructions for it somewhere in the archive.

Bliss.png