Dino 2012 Theme

Orion Tria

Dino is a new 2012 Lego theme. The theme will be different from Dino Attack and more similar to Dino 2010 in that the protagonists are attempting to capture and study the dinosaurs rather than hunt and kill them. Each set features a different dinosaur, piece of location and minifigure vehicle with some feature or function focusing on trapping the dinosaurs. (Official theme description TBA)SetsSets are scheduled for a winter 2012 release and should start appearing in stores mid-November for holiday sales. There is currently 7 known sets, 6 main release sets and 1 store exclusive (click images for a larger version):6258830440_53da6b6344.jpg6258307185_65d700608d_m.jpg5882 Ambush AttackPrice: 11.99 Euro / USD80 Pieces

Avoid the ambush and capture the coelophysis!As the hero rides his mini off-roader through the jungle on the lookout for dinosaurs, an agile Coelophysis hides behind a bush, ready to pounce. Can our brave hero capture it using his tranquilizer gun before the dino escapes and attacks the city? You decide! Includes hero minifigure and Coelophysis dinosaur.

• [*]Includes hero minifigure and Coelophysis dinosaur[*]Features mini off-roader with 2 missiles[*]Accessories include jungle foliage and tranquilizer gun[*]Use the tranquilizer gun to capture the dinosaur![*]Don’t let the dinosaur escape into the city![*]Mini off-roader measures over 3” (7cm) long[*]Coelophysis stands over 2” (5cm) tall and 3” (7cm) long

6258304475_cd6d85509e.jpg6258834132_ce356a6b5c_m.jpg5883 Tower TakedownPrice: 19.99 Euro / USD136 Pieces

Capture the Pteranodon before it flies away with the bait!Lure the hungry Pteranodon dinosaur to the lakeside tower with a smelly fish! Can our hero capture it when as it lunges for the bait? Or will he be forced to make a quick exit on the speedy jet boat? You decide! Use the shooting net and tranquilizer gun! Hero minifigure and Pteranodon dinosaur included.

• [*]Includes hero minifigure and Pteranodon dinosaur[*]Features tower with net shooter[*]Accessories include fish bait, tranquilizer guns and walkie-talkie[*]Use the tranquilizer gun to capture the dinosaur![*]Shoot the net![*]Don’t let the dinosaur fly away![*]Measures over 6” (15cm) tall and 5” (12cm) wide[*]Pteranodon measures 8” (20cm) long and 4” 10cm) Tall[*]Jet boat measures 2"" (5cm) long
6258305107_31812c9714.jpg6258307657_485ee14264_m.jpg5884 Raptor ChasePrice: 29.99 Euro / USD259 Pieces

Stop the Raptor in its tracks with the lasso!Hurry! The raging Raptor is heading towards the city and must be stopped at all costs. Chase down the dashing dino in the big-wheeled off-roader! Then fire the tranquilizer gun and capture it with the lasso! Includes Raptor dinosaur and 2 minifigures.[*]Includes 2 hero minifigures and Raptor dinosaur[*]Features off-roader with large wheels and lasso[*]Accessories include tranquilizer gun and 2 flick missiles[*]Lasso the Raptor![*]Shoot the tranquilizer gun![*]Off-roader measures over 6” (15cm) long[*]Raptor measures 3” (7cm) tall

6258832356_09569ce951.jpg6258834428_64e967ec57_m.jpg5885 Triceratops TrapperPrice: 49.99 Euro / USD271 Pieces

Cage the Triceratops and keep the city safe!The mighty Triceratops is on the rampage and headed straight for the city! Fire the tranquilizer weapons, lure it into the cage and load it onto the truck before it reaches the city and causes mayhem! Includes 2 hero minifigures and a Triceratops dinosaur.

• [*]Includes 2 hero minifigures and Triceratops dinosaur[*]Features truck with closing cage, 2 flick missiles and tools[*]Weapons include 2 tranquilizer guns[*]Capture the Triceratops in the cage![*]Load the cage onto the truck![*]Measures 30” (76cm) wide and 22” (56cm) high[*]Triceratops measures over 9” (23cm) tall[*]Truck measures over 22” (58cm) long

6258306435_c16929d69b.jpg6258308103_98f7163bc9_m.jpg5886 T-Rex HunterPrice: 69.99 Euro / USD480 Pieces

Tow away the awesome T-Rex!T-Rex is on the loose! The scout vehicle has spotted the awesome T-Rex stomping out of the jungle towards the city. Strap the harness around the dino and tow the monster back to the jungle with the heavy-lift helicopter! Don’t let it flatten everything in its path! Includes T-Rex dinosaur and 2 hero minifigures.

• [*]Includes 2 hero minifigures and T-Rex dinosaur[*]Vehicles include helicopter and scout vehicle[*]Helicopter features hook, harness, guns, 4 missiles and rotating blades[*]Scout vehicle features trailer and binoculars[*]Accessories include weapons[*]Spot the T-Rex on an exploration with the scout vehicle![*]Tow the T-Rex away with the helicopter![*]Helicopter measures over 16” (42cm) long and 14” (37cm) wide[*]Scout vehicle measures over 5” (13cm) long[*]T-Rex stands over 16” (43cm) tall

6258833678_64b358406d.jpg6258308315_cb040b6154_m.jpg5887 Dino Defense HeadquartersPrice: 99.99 Euro / USD793 Pieces

Protect the Dino HQ and send the dinos running!At Dino Defense HQ, the heroes are preparing for an epic prehistoric battle! Equipped with a communications center, laboratory and tranquilizer refilling station, it’s a hive of activity. Prepare for the dino attack! Close the gates, fire the tranquilizer weapons and capture the dinos with the crane and net! Includes 4 hero minifigures, 3 dinosaurs, helicopter and car.

• [*]Includes 4 hero minifigures[*]Dinosaurs include T-Rex, Raptor and Coelophysis[*]Vehicles include helicopter and car[*]Dino Defense HQ features opening gates, moving crane with net, flick missiles, communications centre, laboratory, helicopter landing pad, refilling station and 3 flick missiles[*]Close the gates and prepare for attack![*]Use the crane and net to capture the dinos![*]Measures 30” (76cm) wide and 22” (56cm) high[*]Car measures 2” (5cm) wide and 4” (10cm) long[*]Helicopter measures 7” (17cm) long, 2” (5cm) tall and 12” (5cm) wide[*]T-Rex stands over 16” (43cm) tall[*]Raptor measures over 9” (23cm) tall[*]Coelophysis measures over 5” (15cm) tall

6258308915_d9d5c801d0.jpg6258309267_0fd1ecc9e3_m.jpg5888 Pteradon Chase / Hydroplane (Store Exclusive)Price: TBAPieces: TBADinos / Minifigures: 1Hunter, 1 Pilot, 1 Pteradon (Light / Dark Green)Latest News
  • [*] Now available in Lego Retail Stores,
Lego Shop @ Home and various retail stores in the US! (11/09/2011)[*] Official placeholder web-site is now live on Lego.com: Dino site. (11/01/2011)[*] New Dino promotion comic in the November-December 2011 Lego Club Magazine! (Scans coming soon) (11/01/2011)

---Anyone else excited and looking forward to this theme? Personally I'm really looking forward to it, especially after seeing the finalized sets. Dino themes are always a welcome Lego addition, especially if they come with new molded dinosaurs.

Edited by Orion Tria

Really nice theme. Like that yellow is the main color of the theme (haven't seen that in a while). Also, wasn't "Dino 2012" the name of the non-US Dino Attack theme? :P

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

No, it was Dino 2010. Yeah, I've known about this for a couple of months now. Mainly I want the raptor set, because I absolutely ADORE Utahraptors. But those Pteranodons....

Edited by Field Marshal RMN

Signature Guidelines: Signature may not exceed the 800x300 limit. For more reference use the box located in your signature editor.

It would be awesome if it was actually called "Dino 2012" :P On the first one, I like that red Exo force arm. I was thinking it was a new piece, but then I remembered the Bionicle minifigs :P Well, I'm not one for system, but these do look cool.

No, it was Dino 2010. Yeah, I've known about this for a couple of months now. Mainly I want the raptor set, because I absolutely ADORE Utahraptors. But those Pteranodons....

Dinosaur geek :P In a good way. But isn't that a Teridax pterodactyl? Edited by Zarohum

I like this color scheme a lot more that Dino Attack's dark red and dark stone grey. :)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Every couple of years, I swear Lego seem to insist on bringing out a dinosaur theme, same as space and underwater, which they're never able to just drop. I can't see this lasting too long, and they'll probably all be poorly desi-OH MY GOSH, I WANT THAT DINO DEFENCE HEADQUARTERS!

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

man, this is terrible. its good they are bringing it back, but dino attack was much better. because it was black and dark red, and they kiled the dinos, not captured. and i think that dino 2012 was the outide us theme, it was the same vehicles, but the dino killers went to the dino island after they saved te city. but the dino attack lego.com game? epical, it was so fun

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

I never got a chance to acquire any of the old dino sets, so it looks like I'll be shelling out some cash. The first three look good. The last two are awesome, but I don't have that much money.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

man, this is terrible. its good they are bringing it back, but dino attack was much better. because it was black and dark red, and they kiled the dinos, not captured. and i think that dino 2012 was the outide us theme, it was the same vehicles, but the dino killers went to the dino island after they saved te city.

Now that's an interesting quote. Red and black appearently made Dino Attack for you? Along withg the fact that they actually killed them? The first point I can just let go as "taste," but after a big ingame debate I went through in the Dino Attack RPG we played last forum about the idea of killing dinos or caputring them, it's interesting to see you're all for the "realist" (as we called it) angle. Here's a friendly word of advice: When PeabodySam starts up the "Dino Attack: At World's End" endgame RPG in a little while, you might want to drop in. We can give you all the info you need to know beforehand. Personally, I'm excited for this. The new dinos look quite cool, and the sets of the minifigs interacting with them look neat as well. I hope to pick up a few.

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

The HQ looks GORGEOUS. It's not barebones like most of LEGO's "HQ" sets are.Alas, I'll only look. I don't have a good reason to buy sets anymore, they just sit around. :PAnd as another poster said, I do really like the yellow over Dino Attack's duller colors.

Edited by Admiral Crackers

It would be awesome if it was actually called "Dino 2012" :P On the first one, I like that red Exo force arm. I was thinking it was a new piece, but then I remembered the Bionicle minifigs :P Well, I'm not one for system, but these do look cool.

Dinosaur geek :P In a good way. But isn't that a Teridax pterodactyl?
No. Pterodactyl is a commonly used nickname for the entire family, Pteranodon is the actual Genus name. /nerd Also those scoped rifles are utter awesomeness. Edited by Field Marshal RMN

Signature Guidelines: Signature may not exceed the 800x300 limit. For more reference use the box located in your signature editor.

These are most certainly leaps and bounds over the old Dino Attack theme in many ways: mainly, Lego has wisely dropped the old rubber mini dinos, which were somewhat cool and organic looking at the outset, but then my cats kept trying to chew on them. Also, there are no unnessisary electric embellishments to get in the way and jack up the price. Plus, yellow is an unusual primary color for a theme, and goes nicely with the stone grey. I don't often go out of my way to buy sets anymore, but I may have to pick up a few of these when they come out. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Dinosaur geek :P In a good way. But isn't that a Teridax pterodactyl?
No. Pterodactyl is a commonly used nickname for the entire family, Pteranodon is the actual Genus name. /nerd Also those scoped rifles are utter awesomeness.
You learn something every day. I WANT A LEGO SNIPPER RIFFLE! I never even noticed until now.

I like the green stuff that they have on the rifles. :) Looks cool.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Too bad they couldn't have come up with a better name. Sets looks great, though.

I think the name is fine. I'm pretty sure that it is supposed to be basic and simple. :P

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

I like that these dinosaurs are way improved since Dino Attack. They have studs on them now, posability, and are more realistic. :)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

This is obviously a complete ripoff of Dino 2010.*shot*Anyway, I'm not enthusiastic about the yellow parts... It's not a common main color, but I've personally just had enough of bright colors in sets lately (red or lime green in Atlantis, blue in Alien Conquest, etc.). The dinosaurs are much improved, but the yellow is a huge disappointment to me, and I doubt I'll be buying many of these, as with Alien Conquest sets.

~

:b::i::m_o::m::a::n::c::e::r:~

"YOU'D THINK, FOR BEING A DEAD MAN, I'D BE MORE TRIUMPHANT THAN I AM."

This is obviously a complete ripoff of Dino 2010.

~

:b: :i: :m_o: :m: :a: :n: :c: :e: :r:~

Not really. It's got a different viewpoint on the dinosaurs, as of what I've seen. Instead of capturing and apparently eliminating the dinosaurs, it seems as if they are capturing them and preserving their species. That's only what I see it as, but it's not really supposed to be the same concept of Dino 2010. It's like how Atlantis isn't a ripoff of Aqua Raiders, or how Ninjago isn't a ripoff of the 1998 Ninja theme. ;)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DO WANT!! I'm gonna go SO broke if I see these next time I'm at a store!

pony_herd_really_tiny.png

In the meantime, you shall be loved and tolerated.

-----------------------------------------

I am both Toa Mata Nui and Dragonfly the Luminescent

-----------------------------------------

This is obviously a complete ripoff of Dino 2010.

Not really. It's got a different viewpoint on the dinosaurs, as of what I've seen. Instead of capturing and apparently eliminating the dinosaurs, it seems as if they are capturing them and preserving their species. That's only what I see it as, but it's not really supposed to be the same concept of Dino 2010. It's like how Atlantis isn't a ripoff of Aqua Raiders, or how Ninjago isn't a ripoff of the 1998 Ninja theme. ;)

I. Was. Joking.'Sides, Ninjago obviously can't be a ripoff of the earlier Ninja themes.

:P

~

:b::i::m_o::m::a::n::c::e::r:~

Edited by Overlord

"YOU'D THINK, FOR BEING A DEAD MAN, I'D BE MORE TRIUMPHANT THAN I AM."

And yet there coming out in the winter of 2012? That seems like a long time to wait...

It's almost Winter 2012. We are in Autumn of 2011, so it's only 2 more months. They'll most certainly be available at Christmas-time, because that's how business rolls. Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

And yet there coming out in the winter of 2012? That seems like a long time to wait...

It's almost Winter 2012. We are in Autumn of 2011, so it's only 2 more months. They'll most certainly be available at Christmas-time, because that's how business rolls.
Oh, I thought that statement meant the winter of next year. My bad.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

It's almost Winter 2012. We are in Autumn of 2011, so it's only 2 more months. They'll most certainly be available at Christmas-time, because that's how business rolls.
Oh, I thought that statement meant the winter of next year. My bad.
Yeah, Winter can be confusing, because the year both starts and ends with Winter. I really like all of these sets, but I really like 5887 Defense Headquarters. That's something that Dino Attack never had, was a base or anything similar.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

I feel like Dino Attack had better vehicle pieces, but regardless, I am ADORING what i see here. The dinosaur molds are great (and in some ways superior to the Dino 2010), the color scheme is nice, and that compound is WANT. Will have to pick some of these up.

Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2
BZPRPG

and they kiled the dinos, not captured

So the problem with this line is that it promotes peace and the furthering of intelligence rather than unrealistic, violent apocalypse situations? Also, that is not a Coelophysis in any way, shape, or form. That is some sort of small raptor. Lego you are destroying my childhood. Edited by Thoroughbred Of Sin

Oh! I just noticed something- The raptors do not have feathers.

You notice that, but you do not notice that they are easily five times the size of the humans? :P
Utah Raptor maybe? Or they could have just been genetically mutated in a lab, which caused them to lose their feathers blah, blah, blah.

6244916474_c93fd6d552.jpg

6251674125_b0dbed809a.jpg

6252203236_c35c6ab8f3.jpg

Oh! I just noticed something- The raptors do not have feathers.

You notice that, but you do not notice that they are easily five times the size of the humans? :P
Utah Raptor maybe? Or they could have just been genetically mutated in a lab, which caused them to lose their feathers blah, blah, blah.
Heh just like Jurassic Park.This theme looks very interesting, since I love dinos as much as I love Bionicle. And the T-rex actually looks like a T-rex! The Coelophysis could be better, though.

The colors on the new pterodactyl remind me a lot of the old dinosaur pieces.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick