The Voyage of the Requiem IV

Also I gotta ask why books. I was going for a more spec ops soldier type deal honestly. I guess when you have amnesia you can reinvent yourself...

OOC: Nobody ever said he read them for enjoyment... it'll all make a little more sense when the puzzle pieces start fitting together.

Oh and by the way, anyone needs me to make a post or something, let me know.

Zakaro, I'm going to hijack your encounter just this one... just to show how messed up these overcharged robots are. Proper font preserved to maintain authenticity.

[iC-GM] Training Deck - Arena

The training robot's head moved down, as though it were nodding, and then twisted all the way around. As 655 dropped, its eyes flared with twin beams of bright red laser vision that he would have to dodge away to avoid.

OOC: Nearly every overcharged robot has something weird like that. Before, for example, it was likely that the thing used laser pointers, almost impossible to see, as a way to point out where everything was, like little targeting beams. Give it a massive power boost, and tiny invisible lasers can be death lasers of death that kill people.

That was a PSA by the GM. You may now carry on finding other ways to make their day horrible, Zakaro. It may have more abilities than that. As long as you can convince a five year old that it makes sense, it's allowable.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: 7725, Locker Room: Requiem IV686 sat next to 7725 and held up a curious device. Out of further curiosity, he closed his HUD."May as well, either it has good info or it's blank."

"There are a thousand ways I could destroy you right now. And 941 of them hurt."

Teridax to Vakama

IC[slash]:

Slash very quietly stepped to the side and looked for a convenient place to set the contents of his locker down. He stopped when it occurred to him that the most likely spot for a compact disc slot would be on his chest. He picked up one of the discs and held it over his heartlight. Sure enough, a slot opened and accepted the disc.

IC: 655 - Training Deck

655 couldn't dodge the lasers in time. They slammed into his chest armor at full force and the impact sent him flying back into one of the opposite walls. He landed on his back heavily, with a smoking dent in his chest armor.

His armor was damaged and the wound hurt like crazy, but the lasers didn't seem like they had left any permanent damage. 655 slowly got back to his feet, much more angry than before. He noticed that some of the other Toa had decided to join the battle.

31415 was using his staff to attack the robot, but it didn't seem to be doing much damage.

"Does anyone see a weak spot?" 655 yelled to no one in particular.

Edited by Shadow Destroyer

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

OOC: Permission granted for this.Ic: #31415"I don't know! If only I could hit him at this range," he said as the robot zoomed away to turn around.Suddenly, a reticle appeared on his visor. He felt his shoulder armour open up. His visor showed a gatling gun open.With an errant thought, the gun opened fire. It was conxaideravly small, but it certainly caught the robot's attention as the rounds sped to it.A red bar indicated the overheating level of the gun. He stopped firing. He watched the tracers arc towards the robot."Try to hit its head!" #31415 shouted aloud.

Ic: 686 locker room"Or it could have a bunch of useless information on it." He said to 7725He pressed play on the small device and listened intently.*Static**Muffled speech, impossible to identify properly what is saying**A voice beings speaking - 686's own*... the engineers tell us they'll be able to upgrade us to a FTL drive, and keep sending us out to these barren rocks with the mining shuttles to get the necessary supplies. The Canary reported having a few problems, and said they would be returning to the Maintenance Deck in a few days, once they finish repairing the thing enough that they can get it back to the ship. Of course, we know the real reason they're down there...*pssh*The only person who suspects anything, outside of us in the know, is..*pssh*... to be expected. With those kind of powers, we're lucky we didn't find our sooner. But having someone with that skillset active is the only thing to keep us from crashing into a nebulae. Or so they say. The speed of light is too slow for us to be going. And if things go down as they're supposed to, well..*pssh*I've looked over some of those books that he gave me again, but the things are impossible to read. I'm going to have to throw 747 out the airlock for his little history lesson though. I shredded his little letter on the opening. "No good shadow users in history." I'll rub his face into the locker again if...*pssh*... liver....*pssh pssh pssh*... off.Unfortunately instead of giving him answers it added more questions. The two prevalent being.'What and where was the Canary?' and 'What knowledge did he at one time have that the general population on the ship wasn't aware of?' He wracked his brains trying to remember something, anything. At the mention of him wishing to reintroduce 747's face (whoever they were) to his locker he started laughing. Seeing the confused look on 7725's face he told him about the memory that had resurfaced about the graffiti in his locker and what he had done to the culprit. He stopped laughing trying to get serious again."Any of the other stuff make sense to you... Any of you?" He asked the group in the room with a smile on his face.

Edited by Erebus Toa of Darkness

"There was no way that was an ordinary Toa, no Toa killed like this. No Toa fought so mercilessly. This hooded thing had single handedly killed hundreds of his Rahkshi children with twin gleaming swords. No that was no Toa.... that thing was Death himself....

Last thoughts of an unknown Makuta on Toa Erebus

IC: 72 (Kolhii Arena), NPC: OvCh'd Training Bot (Arena)

"Hah!"

72 let out a battle cry as she flung the ball at the 'bot's head, sadly not at speeds that could really harm it. Still, when the orb bounced off the thing's head with a Ding!, that got its attention enough for it to turn towards her, screech, and charge, head doing a 360 degree turn in the process.

The robot had deflected some of 31415's bullets with its shield, but the sword had cut quite deep. And so, during the 360 degree turn, it fired off a burst of laser vision at the being.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC: 655 - Training Deck

655 saw the training robot charging at officer 72. "Not going to let that happen!" He thought.

The Toa of Stone took a running leap towards the robot, and tackled it from behind.

Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

IC: 7725, Locker Room: Requiem IV

The story of face washing confused 7725, but he couldn't help but chuckle at the crew member getting his dues.

But the rest of it didn't make much sense. His mind spun trying to make sense of it. Only the mention of "FTL" clicked into place.

"FTL...FTL...Faster Than Light! I think they were planning on upgrading the engines to run this ship at greater than the speed of light. Something must have gone wrong once we installed it. Perhaps the ship could not handle the increased power and speed of the new engines. It may have hit something or broken up from the sheer speed!"

He tapped open his HUD once more and attempted to search for anything related to the Faster Than Light upgrade.

"There are a thousand ways I could destroy you right now. And 941 of them hurt."

Teridax to Vakama

IC: 72 (Kolhii Arena), NPC: OvCh'd Robot (Arena)

She rolls to a side even as 655 tackles the bot. The Matoran takes a second to survey the scene, not making a move yet.

The bot reacts instantly, spinning about its waist wildly, likely throwing 655 off. Once the Toa's in sight, the garbled voice speaks again, harsher this time.

"FOwULlll: PHySIKcal CONtack't. PenALTie: EliEMenATEon Fr0m L!fEEEEEEE!"

It screeches and charges at the Toa of Stone, firing its lasers at him as well.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

IC 686 locker rooms686 nodded his head thoughtfully. "I'm kind of interested in seeing whats in maintenance." he said examining the recorder. It was the only lead they really had at the moment. And the locker room had served its purpose. The recorder was obviously damaged and possibly corrupted. He really wanted to know what else was on it. He offered the recorder to 7725 "Think you can fix this?" He asked, hoping the Matoran wouldn't refuse because of their rocky introduction.OOC: wow just went back to the point 686 opened his locker and reread. saw that my iPhone decide to put 'cool dude' in the post when referring to 747. Pretty sure it originally said 'idiot' had to edit that.EDIT: Never mind the forums don't except that word but it starts with I and ends with diot.

"There was no way that was an ordinary Toa, no Toa killed like this. No Toa fought so mercilessly. This hooded thing had single handedly killed hundreds of his Rahkshi children with twin gleaming swords. No that was no Toa.... that thing was Death himself....

7725 accepted the device and inspected it through his HUD. A tape would be difficult, but he was sure the technology existed.

"I think it can be done. I'd just have to run the tape under a reader and try to convert it to digital, then filter out the noise. Some of it might be completely destroyed, though."

Teridax to Vakama

IC: 819 [Training Deck]

819 walked down the hallway to find a robot slammed with an axe in it. Across from it was the dead body of a Toa. 819 looked down at the Toa and saw he had been blasted with energy. The only possible source was from the robot. 819 grabbed the axe from the robot.

It had two blades. The handle was rather long. It was a regular battleax. 819 then looked at the cannon and realized he had yet to fire it. He looked at the buttons, and pressed the first one.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: 337 - Training Deck - Walking with 819:

819 had stopped to examine something, a body it looked like. 337 was too focused on the noises of battle that rang out through the air to pay that much attention.

"Do you hear that? It sounds like the others found something.." he said, constantly looking back toward where the sounds were coming from.

"They could be in trouble.. we should probably go back and help them," he said to the fellow Skakdi, readying his katana.

-Skar

IC: 306 - Locker Room

306's eyes scanned the letter, and she subconsciously touched her mask as best she could through the visor. After, she read through it again, before reaching into the locker and taking the bottle out. She would need to find something to store it in if she didn't want to break it before she needed to use it.

The Toa's mind drifted to 7725. Maybe he could help with it.

OOC: Seriously guys someone fetch 306 or she's not really going to be much help.

Edited by Neelh

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

to catch them is my real test

to train them is my cause

IC: 655 Training Deck

The robot sprinted towards him, firing its lasers. 655 rolled to the side, and managed to avoid most of them. The others were absorbed by his armor. The Toa of Stone sprang up and rolled again as the robot ran past him. With the speed of adrenaline, 655 was able to slash at one of its legs, creating a large cut in its right thigh. The machine came to a stumbling halt, and sparks erupted from its leg. It was still very much functional, only now it was less mobile.

"Take that you hunk of junk." 655 grumbled to himself as he raised his blade for another attack. Now was the time to finish this thing off.

OOC: Now you get to know what your cannon does, Canis. Might not like it much.

[iC-GM] Training Deck: Operating the Energy Cannon

To say powerful was an understatement, when 819 activated the energy cannon. It released a beam that expanded in its path, enveloping the hallway beyond and everything else past it, before narrowing in and firing all the way through the wall. Everything in its path was completely disintegrated, carrying on through the darkness.

Unfortunately, the thing wasn't without its kickback as well. 819 was sent flying back, his axe flying from his grip and landing just a short while away - unlike him. The entire barrel of the cannon seemed to explode, completely disintegrating it before expanding and further increasing the wave of energy that carried the Skakdi a number of Bio back, slamming him into it with incredible force before he slumped over.

The cannon was badly damaged; likely completely unusable.

The energy release and the destruction the cannon caused released a powerful blast of sound, enough to nearly deafen everyone in the hallway with him - 819 could hear nothing but ringing, and likely would for quite some time. If the group ever had any intentions of being quiet, it was lost now.

OOC: Allow me to explain. This energy cannon... was not designed to be a flashlight. Its use in that regard was very clever, but not its intended function. See, every time the lever was pulled, it was building up more and more energy. Enough for a few dozen regular shots with it. It's been pulled a lot more than once. The energy was released, but with the opening available, more of it tried to escape than intended, parts got damaged for the suppression part, and...

"Set to stun" becomes "set to blow the Karz out of everything in front of the user."

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

The HUD wasn't bringing up the information he wanted. He figured it was still recovering from waking up. He switched off the HUD and stood up. He would have to check on that later.

"This belongs to you," he said, handing the tape back to 686. "I'll try to fix it later, but for now, we should join back up with the others."

7725 walked off to find the others. Perhaps they, too, had found anything that would help.

Edited by Rauta

Teridax to Vakama

IC: (007, Lockers)Seven took a deep breath and stepped into the locker room, one wrist blade flaring to life."Hello?"IC: (767, Canary)Analysis: Vortixx is tricky. Not shown much of a combat capability, but I'd rather fight 999. He's shown his full power, she hasn't.Result: she probably is hiding it for a reason.The Fe-Toa stepped to the side, turning his blade off. "Now. Shall we be going?"

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

NPC: OvCh'd Bot (Arena), IC: 72 (Arena)

The bot wasn't to be outdone however, and screeches at the Toa of Stone from its resting place. It spins on its waist again, becoming a deadly whirlwind of hammer and shield. Add this to more lasers, and things are getting tough 'round here.

The Ce-Matoran stumbles as a deafening blast of sound, that of metal tearing, explosions and just plain pure energy hits her, along with a slight shockwave as well. Whatever just happened, it was big.

She sprints over to where one of the strange balls lies, and scoops it up. Turning once more, she waits for her opening.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

IC: 686 locker room686 nodded and put the recorder in a pouch. He hoped that they would find the parts needed to get the ancient thing working again. He stepped behind the Matoran and lost himself in his thoughts. What was it that he and a select few were hiding from everyone else.

IC: 819 [Training Deck]

The Skakdi clutched his head, and reached for the axe he had just found. The gun had blown up, there was no more use in it anymore. Shame. He had really wanted to keep it. His axe was out of reach, so he slowly got to his feet, and then walked towards it.

All he heard was ringing. Incessant ringing. He looked at the others and said, "You guys alright?" But he heard nothing.

IC: 999 [Golden Sand Canary]

The Hirohi walked down, away from the hole. His weapon was charging, ready for fire. 59 was scared. They were all scared. But 999 didn't feel that scared. He felt ... better? And how was it that he was able to tell when people around him where scared, but not for any other emotion?

He wasn't an empath, but he wasn't complete oblivious to emotions either.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: 72 (Arena), NPC: OvCh'd Bot (Arena)

Upon seeing that 31415 had turned away, the bot takes a moment to fire off a set of laser beams at the Toa before turning its attention back to the Po-Toa.

There. It had seemed to forget about her, so now was the time to strike. She clambers up a wall partway, than jumps off, ball held in the cup. Doing a flip to build up momentum, she lets out a shout as she flings the ball towards the bot.

"Haah!"

She hasn't even landed and yet she can tell that it's not enough force. And then..

Something tells her to just.. push it. And without thinking, she does, arm extending outwards as if to push something.

The translucent cyan lines on her suit glow, beginning from her chest and spreading outwards to her limbs, though mainly her extended arm, the left one, as her right still holds the staff. Around her hand, a cyan aura forms, and a like one appears around the ball. As she pushes outwards, the ball accelerates, soon moving at speeds like that of a bullet.

Crack!

The ball slams into the robot's head with incredible force, disconnecting many wires and pushing the head itself half off its joint. The robot screeches again, with it being garbled even more, and freaks out. Lasers are flung to every end of the arena, the staff it holds is sent flying towards 655, the shield off towards 591.

It's dying, that much is obvious, but perhaps it's become even more dangerous until it finally shuts down.

Crystal A at 43% of power level. 13% used in last event.

Crystal B and C are in storage. B has 57% power remaining. C has 39% remaining.

Even as the letters and numbers flash through her mind, 72 simply stares in amazement at the dying robot, the ball, now lying on the floor nearby, and her hands.

H-how did she do that?..

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

IC:He awoke with a start, his dream fading from memory instantly. In fact, he realized, everything had faded from his memory. He had no idea who he was, where he was, or if he could do anything. Instantly, as he thought that, his power suit gave him some info. He was a Toa of Lightning, on the Requiem IV, he was wearing a power suit, and he could fire lightning blasts, though his suit didn't tell him how to do that. He saw he was floating in a green plasma in a crystal tube. He raised his right arm, and hammered on the glass. After two hits, it shattered, dumping him on the floor. He looked down and saw a number tag, #29824. He heard a large explosion down the corridor (OOC: 819's cannon explosion) and started off towards it, staggering slightly as he has not walked in who-knows-how-long.

Edited by avmatoran

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

OOC: @avmatoran, word of advice, none of the players start out on the Training Deck. Every player in the game starts out on the Personnel Deck, regardless of what else is happening in the game.

IC: 337 - Training Deck - With 819 and 913:

The blast had nearly killed 337, but he had moved behind it before it flashed down the hallway, demolishing everything in its path. All sound had vanished from his ears, and he found himself clutching his helmet, hitting it as if that would somehow restore his hearing. He looked over to where 819 was- he had been blasted back by the recoil of the weapon, and surprisingly 913 had already run over to check on the poor fellow.

337 made his way over to them, and saw where 819 had hit the wall, leaving it cracked; the Skakdi himself was laying on the ground, slumped up against the wall. He was covered in dust and pieces, all of it from the wall.. he hoped the guy was alright. He seemed to be conscious, but he was clearly dazed beyond belief, and in quite a bit of pain. Unfortunately, 337 had no medical experience that he knew of, and he didn't suspect 913 to be much of a doctor either. Hopefully 819 could just shake this off.

-Skar

OOC:Yeah, I'm in personnel. I just heard the explosion, as I am near the Training Deck.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

IC:On instinct, 29824 pulled out one of his swords, relying on knowledge given to him by his power suit. He didn't trust this being, and as far as he could tell, it was because she was taller than him. "Must be something I can't remember," he mumbled before saying loud enough for the being to hear, "Who are you and what do you want?"

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

IC:"Hmmmm. Well, as you can see, I'm here. We can go together if you wish, just stay ahead of me and keep your hands in sight at all times, and away from your weapons, unless we are attacked. I don't trust you yet," #29824 said.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

IC:"In that case, simply don't make a move that could be misinterpreted. And I'll be the judge of if you are a threat or not," #29824 said.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!