The Voyage of the Requiem IV

IC: 7725, Locker Doom: Requiem IV

7725 raced through the rows of lockers. The screams of one unfamiliar being could be heard quite clearly, followed by an awful burning smell. There was no time to mourn the fallen unless he felt like joining them.

"Door...door...door," he muttered to himself, sliding around another corner. He saw a door that looked rather unfamiliar, but there was no time to think about where it might lead.

Breaking into a sprint, 7725 leapt through the door. He rolled as he hit the floor, hoping the creature was too big to follow. Hoping to Mata Nui the others made it out.

7725 stood up and assessed his situation.

"There are a thousand ways I could destroy you right now. And 941 of them hurt."

Teridax to Vakama

[iC-GM] Personnel Deck

7725 found himself barreling into a hallway stretching a few Bio away to a four-way intersection with three different signs.

To the left - Engineering / Science & Medical Deck

In the center - Hydoponics / Communications

To the right - Officers Deck / Bridge / Mining

Hanging above his head was a sign saying "Personnel Lockers."

The hallways up ahead had better lighting which increased gradually as it extended past the locker room. Three ways to go... which to take.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

OOC: I was running. Then I decided to fight back thought it would be fun.... In retrospect that was a bad idea because now I have a partially cooked Toa to play with.Will his sacrifice be in vain? I hope not.IC 686: locker room686 groaned at the pain his body was in. He clutched the rifle and began to crawl as fast as his body would allow towards the door. Attacking the monstrosity hadn't worked. Now he just needed to get away. And because of 608's sacrifice he had the opportunity.He got to his knees and eventually to his feet stumbling to where he saw 7725's flashlight moving ahead of him. His charred body screamed in protest as he moved closer to the Matoran. More then once he fell down crying out at the searing pain he felt. He got back to his feet each time stumbling towards the fleeing 7725. Ooc 2: guess I should wait for Neehl huh. No way an injured 686 would get there before her even if she is dragging Norik behind her.

Edited by Erebus Toa of Darkness

"There was no way that was an ordinary Toa, no Toa killed like this. No Toa fought so mercilessly. This hooded thing had single handedly killed hundreds of his Rahkshi children with twin gleaming swords. No that was no Toa.... that thing was Death himself....

Last thoughts of an unknown Makuta on Toa Erebus

OOC: No... 608! He was my Iron Buddy... :(

IC: 655 - Training Deck

655 walked alongside 72, 31415, and 391. They had been lucky to get out of that room in one piece.

Going down there in the first place had been almost like asking for a death sentence. When they had finally climbed out of that hole, they had realized that they had lost their sense of direction. Picking the first hallway in front of them had seemed like a good option at the time, but now 655 wasn't so sure.

"Wait a second." 655 said as he motioned the others to stop. The Toa of Stone could make out three silhouettes moving towards them, but 655 couldn't tell if they were friend or foe. One of them was stumbling behind the others, and seemed to be pretty confused.

"Hello? Who's there?" 655 asked.

OOC: That's the rest of Group 1.

Edited by Shadow Destroyer

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

IC: 8 in Personnel Deck

"Heroism is a bad thing....what do you mean exactly", he asked then it him,"I saw other capsules opened rather violently. Are the other inhabitants of this ship dangerous?"

OOC: Sorry for late response.

Edited by Damaracx 8.0

IC: #00271The Vo-Toa was not sure how or why, maybe the elemental energy the monster had relesased as lightning was coming bck to her, or the sight of #686 being struck down. Either way, she felt enough energy to barely stand by her self."I'm okay. I saw 7725 make it out. We should get 400 and bail," she said, limping to the exit..

Edited by Norik The Student

IC:"Well, as you probably know, I don't know my name. However, my number is #29824. I'm not sure how I got that number, but I hope it wasn't in order of height. I'd be pretty depressing if I was the 29,824 tallest person. Hey, what's that?" #29824 pointed down the corridor, at what appeared to be a dead body in a power suit. He ran up to it and started looking it over, looking for something useful.

OOC:I'm stopping here, 'cause I'm not sure if I can determine exactly what killed him, or if he has anything on him at the moment.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

IC: 306, Locker Room (?)

306 looked to the others, and then to the quickly disappearing light of 7725. She had to make a decision about whether to stay behind or to join her friend. Her fear and desire to stay with her new friend - the only one who she felt any real familiarity with - and followed him as quickly as she could, gripping the bottle and the letter close to her chest. On the way, she passed 686, and glanced from her past charge to the Toa. She could endanger the note and their only hope, but she grabbed 686 and flung him over her shoulder, following the light as it left through the door. She followed, looking back at 271 and her company before propping the door ajar.

OOC: Mostly, I want to see what happens when this whole place breaks apart.

(Joking! My main concerns are keeping 7725 and 306 alive, with 686 and 271 next.)

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

to catch them is my real test

to train them is my cause

IC: 686 Locker Room686 was surprised that through the pain he felt he could he could still feel indignant about being picked up and thrown over 306's shoulder. He wanted to protest but having his body jostled about all he could do was groan."Ugh, put me down....." He groaned once they were through the door.

"There was no way that was an ordinary Toa, no Toa killed like this. No Toa fought so mercilessly. This hooded thing had single handedly killed hundreds of his Rahkshi children with twin gleaming swords. No that was no Toa.... that thing was Death himself....

IC: 913 walks forward, "Good, we thought you might have been killed in that fight. 819 blew up his gun."

"Woah, you're kidding right?" 655 glanced back at 819, who was trailing behind the other group. He was having trouble walking, and his hands and arms seemed to be badly burned. He was also covering his ears with his hands, and grimacing in pain. Perhaps he had been deafened in the blast?

"Is he ok?" The Toa of Stone asked 913.

Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

IC: 306, Personnel Deck (?)

686 was plopped onto the ground unceremoniously, but supported slightly by 306. She exhaled deeply; hiding her panting by way of slow, deep breaths. "So, my friends. I don't know why, but the left one is probably the one we need to take, and it also probably has something..." She shuddered, and her breathing hitched due to the memory. "Something somehow worse..."

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

IC: 7725, Hallway: Requiem IV

7725 heard a clank and a grunt behind him. He turned around to see three of his companions stumbling through the door he had just passed through. He was relieved to see they had made it out, but worried about the missing companion.

They would not be able to go back for 400. It was too risky. They needed to get 686 to medical help, but 7725 had an objective to reach engineering and find out what was wrong.

"I agree, the left route will have the answers and help we need. I just hope it isn't as bad as our good friend back there."

"There are a thousand ways I could destroy you right now. And 941 of them hurt."

Teridax to Vakama

IC: 8 in Personnel Deck

"Heroism is a bad thing....what do you mean exactly", he asked then it him,"I saw other capsules opened rather violently. Are the other inhabitants of this ship dangerous?"

OOC: Sorry for late response.

[iC-NPC] 27, 404

"Heroes try to save everyone. You can't save everyone. And as for the other inhabitants.... 404?"

"There are two types of people to worry about. Most of us are just regular crew members. The scavengers trying to piece through the rubble of the ship, like a bunch of Kewa. The rest... we're not sure. They've been changed, by something. Not sure what yet, but..."

Eventually, the trio came to a dead end. 404 took the lead, before slamming her body into the wall as hard as possible and taking the wall down. When they emerged, they showed up before a rather surprised looking 29824 and 7. Almost immediately, 404 raised her arm; the armor disconnected twice, and two small prongs emerged that went past her hand and began humming with energy, as she called out, "On your knees, now!"

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Ic 686:hallway686 managed a weak glare at 306 after being dropped to the floor, and his body let him know of its disapproval. He gritted his teeth to keep from crying out. Thankfully she was acting as his crutch at the monment. Without her he felt he would probably collapse again."Thanks a lot...." 686 groaned painfully at 306. "Here.... This is yours." He said with a grimace as he handed the lightning rifle still clutched in his hands back to 271.The adrenaline was starting to wear off and the extent of his injuries was becoming apparent. After seeing the signs, particularly 'Medical Bay' he nodded at 7725's suggestion."Yeah that's probably a good idea..... It would also probably be wise to leave..... Now." He said weakly.

IC:#29824 looked up in surprise, before slowly putting away his sword and pistol and sinking to his knees, hands interlaced behind his head, gesturing with his elbow for 7 to do the same.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

7725 acknowledged 686's suggestion to go now. He didn't want to leave 400 in the dark, but they didn't need to risk more lives than necessary if they wanted to get the ship back to operating condition. An idea popped into his head. Pulling his laser cutting tool off of his belt, he set the beam length to low and engraved the letter "R" next to the sign pointing to the engineering and medical areas. He wasn't sure why he picked an R, a 7 or cross would have been more appropriate, but the R seemed fitting.

"Let's go," he said. "We have much to do."

OOC: I was hoping to wait for Funcle to post, but I expect that may be a while.

Teridax to Vakama

IC: "I wish I was kidding, he's currently a bit deaf." He gestured to 819, "Does anybody here have medical training?"

"Not really, but I can try." 655 replied to 913. The Toa of Stone walked up to the Skakdi, and snapped his fingers in front of his face. The Skakdi didn't react immediately, but glanced angrily his way.

"I'm no expert, but I think he's in shock." 655 said quietly.

"What we need to do is bunker down somewhere, and take a quick breather. Our group isn't in good shape right now, and I think a small rest would be a good idea. At least it will give us time to get our bearings a little."

OOC: 819 and 196 haven't posted in a while. Are they still active? How many players from Group 1 are still active anyway?

IC: (Seven)

Seven shook her head, voice turning cold and logical as the other blade ignited.

"You better give me a dang good reason before I do that, one better than your fancy fork."

"Fact is, I have no assurance that you won't use it on me after I have no defenses, if I accede to your demands. Right now I have two laser blades pointed at you."

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

[iC-NPC] 27, 404

Personnel Deck; Three(now Four)-Way Intersection of the Dead Steltian

"You're right. You don't have any assurance." came another voice; that of 27 as he came out as well, 404 moving to make room for both him and 8. "Allow me to clarify - that is not a fork. That is an experimental weapon taken from the Engineering Deck of this ship. One shot will paralyze you and shut off your power suit completely for some time. It also has greater range than a laser sword."

IC:"Uh, Seven? Remember how I don't surrender easily? O if I'm telling you to surrender, it's serious. Do us all a favor and surrender. Plus, I know lightning, and that looks like it could do some serious damage, as he said." While he was saying this, #29824 pulled his hands apart and let them rest hovering above his sides, rest in case this Mexican standoff turned ugly.OOC:"OOC is serious business" That's what TV Tropes says.Also, since when was it a Steltian?

Edited by avmatoran

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

OOC:

I'm active, just haven't been posting because I'm a little mad after saying something like '819 isn't deaf anymore' and then in the next post someone screams in his face and bunnys him so he doesn't move. <_<

(I'm actually talking about how the group that fought the robot screamed up, waited six minutes OOC for a response and then said no one responded. And the part where you said 819 was still covering his ears with his hands.)

IC: 819 [Training Deck]

819 looked at the others and said, "I can hear you fine. There's a ringing in my ear, but its not drowning out everything."

IC: 999 [Golden Sand Canary]

After waiting a while, 999 inched closer to the hole in the ceiling, with his gun drawn. He went under it, looked up, and then jumped up. He grabbed the floor and pulled himself up.

Edited by Canis Lupus

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: 306, Hallway

"R. Sounds like a cool name. Pretty mysterious. What does it even stand for? Ragamuffin? Ronglebuff? Rrargh?"

306 looked back at the door, which she considered closing but left open. There were a few people still in there, and they would need some direction as to where to go.

Deep down, she knew that there was no chance.

OOC: Will someone else close it? ahaha who knows

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

IC: 655 - Training Deck "What we need to do is bunker down somewhere, and take a quick breather. Our group isn't in good shape right now, and I think a small rest would be a good idea. At least it will give us time to get our bearings a little."

IC: [ 391 ] - Training Deck391 cleared her throat impatiently. "No offense intended, Rocky, but I honestly think that's a stupid idea. We're not in good shape, we're essentially unarmed, and there's... things... roaming out there. If we 'bunker down' in this condition, what's to keep those things from killing us off like rats in a trap? We need to move. We need to get equipment, we need to locate a safe area. Rest is good, but not now. We need weapons before anything else. Anything."Her green eyes flashed. "I'm telling you, I want to live. I'm no fighter, but I want something to defend myself with, something better than this... melee-specific circular saw."OOC:I actually don't think it's that stupid of an idea; just thought I'd introduce a bit of 391's 'snappy' side. ;)

7725 walked over to the door and closed it most of the way, leaving a slight crack for light to filter through. It was enough to not attract unwanted attention, but enough to let anyone looking to get out know where the exit was.

"That should do. We should go visit the medical bay to treat Cannons," he says, gesturing to 686.

7725 begins walking down the hallway to Engineering and Medical. The lit hallway is welcoming, but it does not provide any sense of security.

Teridax to Vakama

IC: 819 [Training Deck]

"I agree with both of 391 over there. I think we should set up a long term base somewhere. I'm going to say that Hyrdoponics is most likely the best area to set up, as we can get food, but Captain's is much closer. If we can find a stairwell, we cam get to Hydroponics."

OOC:

819 is not meta-gaming, he is referring to the map here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

OOC: Heh. You hope to get food from hydroponics. Also, the ceiling is high enough, Canis, that you would have needed to make a jump.

[iC-GM] Maintenance Deck; Exterior of Golden Sand Canary

The jump was barely enough to allow 999 the room needed to pull himself up through the ceiling. Upon peeking his head out, he found himself looking out from the top of a small ship, with a few lights still working on its exterior. The room they were in was massive - some sort of docking bay, it would seem. The only light here came from a few super-massive lightstones built into the ceiling. A few appeared to have collapsed to the floor, or been shattered about; tiny lights could be seen across the area, and one particularly large lightstone had been jammed into the ground fifty Bio away from him. It was enough to make vision possible everywhere in the building, but only to about a few Bio in front of oneself.

7725 looked back, smirking under his face shield.

"3-oh-6 will work for now, but I'll let you know when I think of something."

Teridax to Vakama

IC: 337 - Training Deck:

337 turned toward 391; "655 was just making a suggestion, no need to overreact," he said to her. He turned back to the rest of the group, "Has anyone found any new weaponry so far? I know 819 found an axe of some sort. I'm not too sure how rich our findings will be.. Then again, we haven't even truly begun to search this area for anything," he said.

Now that their group was back together, they could do what they originally intended to do; search for weapons to better arm themselves. After the battle that the others had been through, 337 wasn't so sure about splitting up again..

-Skar

Edited by Skarloth

IC[59049]:

59049 turned to look at 999 just in time to see him climbing into the hole in the ceiling. She stepped under the hole and looked up. "Anything interesting up there?"

OOC: IC for Slash forthcoming, possibly.

IC[slash]:

Slash quietly followed the rest of the group, sticking to the shadows. He listened to everyone else. He still had the stun-burst ready.

Edited by Killer_Myr

Ic: 686 hallway686 grimaced a little bit at 7725"Cannons?" He asked unamused. "Why cannons?"I don't know 306, considering your personality I think Bubbles suits you perfectly." He said with a slight chuckle.He scanned the lit hallway nervously as he limped along with the group. Light was supposed to bring comfort.... He felt none.....Ooc: sorry for the short post but I'm playing halo right now and don't want to keep my team waiting long :P

IC: 7725, Hallway to E,S&MD: Requiem IV

"Because it seems your favourite solution to a problem is battle."

OOC: Any post is a good post.

Teridax to Vakama

IC: 686 hallway"It's better then assuming everybody you meet is friendly." 686 said with a sideways glance to 306."We are in unknown territory with hostile creatures.... And possibly more like us running around without any idea of who or where they are. We don't know what state their minds are in. There is some wisdom in being ready for a fight. I hope you learn that before its too late 7725."

It became quickly apparent that the scientist was not prepared to be tackled by someone wearing a full on, very heavy power suit. It sounded like something broke when he struck the ground with 841 on top of him, and he let out a groan. Struggling to get out. The Ko-Matoran, not so confined, began running as quickly as he could towards what seemed to be a door with two red buttons next to it.

IC:

It had been a disorienting, eerie, and borderline terrifying couple minutes for 060. The poor kid had come to strapped to a lab table like some sort of animal in a kennel, awaiting experimentation, dissection, or (Spirits forbid) worse. There were words spoken. Vision blasts launched. A red man in a lab coat had gone down hard underneath a villager with cerulean features in a power suit similar to his own, and now his white-armored partner partner was sprinting hard towards a door that could be an exit, with two buttons that could have triggered the door. Then again, what was the cliche about red buttons? They...it...red buttons, they...he couldn't remember. Come to think of it, he didn't remember much at all, could he? Who was he, again? And why did his mind refuse to call him anything but 060? Questions on questions on questions. Meanwhile, as he deliberated, it finally occurred to him again that the white-armored man was still sprinting.

As it turns out, one thing 060 could still remember was how to sprint faster.

He was on the ground in two seconds and his feet carried him the rest of the distance, legs pumping like a long-distance runner's as he crouched and sprung forward off the balls of his feet, pouncing perfectly onto the man and bringing him down short of the door. Instinctively, his ankles pinned the man at his shins, and his hands moved to his downed captor's wrists, to prevent him from pulling any sort of weaponry or kicking his way free of the tackle.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: 999 [Golden Sand Canary]

999 looked around and yelled down to his companion, "Fifty-nine, just looks like a bunch of lightstones, but I'm going to try my might vision. If you want to come up, tell me so I can lift you up." He turned around, and activated his Ruru to use night vision.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

OOC: Neelh. That's not Mr. Fingers. :P My real source of inspiration was this.

[iC-GM] Maintenance Deck; Golden Sand Canary Hull

The night vision was enough to give 999 a better view of the place. His initial suspicions were confirmed. Other ships, like the canary, were all over the place. Definitely a docking bay. At the far end of the area was what appeared to be a massive metal panel, likely the opening into the space outside the ship.

There was something else - movement. There was something else out there. There was one other thing, something you didn't need night vision in order to detect.

The sound of someone calling out, "Help!"

[iC-NPC] Matoran Scientists

Science & Medical Deck

The Ko-Matoran let out a grunt as he was tackled to the ground, reaching out helplessly to get to the button for a few moments before he finally stopped. "Get your hands off of me you savage!" he shouted. "All we're trying to do is help you!"