Knights' Kingdom Ii

Zarohum

Anyone remember the theme from 2004-2006? Jayko, Danju, Santis, Rascus, Vladek, etc? I thought maybe since they had figures, a lot of Bionicle fans might remember it. I've had a few friends who even got the two confused. <_<I hate how they never ended the Adric/Kentis/Dracus/Karzon/Jayko/Vladek arc. And by the way, if 2006 was like 30 or 40 years after 2004 and 2005, why is Vladek still alive and Danju isn't? <_<if you want to see the old comics, click here.I also posted the instruction booklet comics in a topic somewhere. I'm too lazy to find it right now. Just go to my page, look at my topics, and you should see them.

Edited by Zarohum

Dah, how could I forget, I even made my own little comedy about it, which died when I ran out of ideas. I'll confess I only bought a couple of sets. The designs just seemed a little off to me. Although the weapons are some of the best designed from Lego I've ever seen.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

I really liked Knights' Kingdom II. It was a pretty great theme. Regrettably, I only bought the minifigure-scale sets from the first year of it, which in hindsight had some of the worst designs. 2005's playset designs were quite excellent in comparison.There's a lot of commentary and pictures, including unused concept art, by an artist for the theme right here. Seeing some of the concepts, it feels like Knights' Kingdom II was originally envisioned to be about as radical in concept as Ninjago. It's a shame that things like the animal-shaped castles (including the transforming lion-to-scorpion Castle of Morcia) didn't end up becoming sets. The transformation function of the final Castle of Morcia set, which I have, was quite lame in comparison.

I really liked Knights' Kingdom II. It was a pretty great theme. Regrettably, I only bought the minifigure-scale sets from the first year of it, which in hindsight had some of the worst designs. 2005's playset designs were quite excellent in comparison. There's a lot of commentary and pictures, including unused concept art, by an artist for the theme right here. Seeing some of the concepts, it feels like Knights' Kingdom II was originally envisioned to be about as radical in concept as Ninjago. It's a shame that things like the animal-shaped castles (including the transforming lion-to-scorpion Castle of Morcia) didn't end up becoming sets. The transformation function of the final Castle of Morcia set, which I have, was quite lame in comparison.

Didn't we get all of the large-scale guys for the first year though? I don't know if that was the first year though. :notsure:

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I really liked Knights' Kingdom II. It was a pretty great theme. Regrettably, I only bought the minifigure-scale sets from the first year of it, which in hindsight had some of the worst designs. 2005's playset designs were quite excellent in comparison. There's a lot of commentary and pictures, including unused concept art, by an artist for the theme right here. Seeing some of the concepts, it feels like Knights' Kingdom II was originally envisioned to be about as radical in concept as Ninjago. It's a shame that things like the animal-shaped castles (including the transforming lion-to-scorpion Castle of Morcia) didn't end up becoming sets. The transformation function of the final Castle of Morcia set, which I have, was quite lame in comparison.

Didn't we get all of the large-scale guys for the first year though? I don't know if that was the first year though. :notsure:
We got all the large scale guys from all the years, Meiko. I said minifig-scale for a reason.

We got all the large scale guys from all the years, Meiko. I said minifig-scale for a reason.
Oh, I was thinking that you meant we only got the minifigure-scale sets in the first year, and nothing else that year. Just a little confusion, sorry. :P

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I remember. I have all the original figures, Mathias 05, Danju 05, and the yellow guy 06.

I don't think I know of any Yellow guy, especially not in 2006. Do you know anything else you can tell me about him?

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

I remember. I have all the original figures, Mathias 05, Danju 05, and the yellow guy 06.

I don't think I know of any Yellow guy, especially not in 2006. Do you know anything else you can tell me about him?
My guess is that he's referring to Dracus. 100100010 BC 0100100101 Edited by Binary Code

• 3 weeks later...

Ah yes, I remember this!It had so much potential this team. I wish it hadn't just, stop, like it did.

Well, actually, it came to a pretty reasonable conclusion, with Vladek imprisoned in the crystal orb and the Shield of Ages repaired. More details on the conclusion can be seen here.

I was in love with the originals, bouth all of them (except Santis for no reason) and I was so happy to see the Castle of Morcia that year under the christmas tree. The second year wasn't too bad, but I didn't enjoy the thrid as much, though it was still good.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

• 2 weeks later...

And by the way, if 2006 was like 30 or 40 years after 2004 and 2005, why is Vladek still alive and Danju isn't?

If memory serves, Danju was the oldest of the Knights. He was probably dead.I liked the sets alright, they had some decent parts. The '06 parts were really great, and only recently did I get any of them at a vendor at BrickFair 2011.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

And by the way, if 2006 was like 30 or 40 years after 2004 and 2005, why is Vladek still alive and Danju isn't?

If memory serves, Danju was the oldest of the Knights. He was probably dead.I liked the sets alright, they had some decent parts. The '06 parts were really great, and only recently did I get any of them at a vendor at BrickFair 2011.
Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Danju and Vladek were about the same age, but Vladek was around in 2006, but Danju wasn't.

Where do people get the idea that Danju had died? Danju was still alive even by the very end of 2006. He and the other Knights of Morcia can be seen in this illustration from towards the end of a 2006 storybook, after Vladek is defeated. Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

Ah yes, I remember this brand ^_^ I even still own a few of the sets, but what I really remember about them is that Danju's and Vladek's names are swapped on the back-of-the-canister set list (for lack of a better term).And Aanchir is correct: Danju did not die, he's still active as of the second story arc. What bugs me is that they never explained why the KoM suddenly quit working with Jayko (or at least slipped from the limelight)...

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

Ah yes, I remember this brand ^_^ I even still own a few of the sets, but what I really remember about them is that Danju's and Vladek's names are swapped on the back-of-the-canister set list (for lack of a better term).

And Jayko was spelled Jayco. :PSorry, I never saw that illustration.They should've made Shadow Knight figures. I was always mad about that. In 2005, I pretended my 2004 Vladek was a Shadow Knight. :P

Vladek had couple of very cool castles and towers, but I was largly disapointed in the good guys. Especialy that joust set. Couldn't they have reached the same result by just putting some wheels on the regular horse? The action figures were okay. However, something like a medevil BIONICLE would've been better and more useful.

Edited by Valendale

Does anyone have the '06 sets? I'm looking for all the '06 sets except for Dracus, and I can't find any that aren't really expensive, or on ebay. Anyone willing to sell them for a semi-reasonable price?Also, I might consider buying some of the playsets, like the Castle of Morice, Vladek's Dark Fortress, Citadel of Orlan, Mistlands tower, etc. Not sure about those, though.Also, does anyone know where to find the online comics? Not the one in back of the instructions, but the online ones that actually moved. Or the 2004 figure ones.Also, do you guys remember the words... Banteras, Talonjay, Alendan, and Orkosan? :P I'm such a geek.

Edited by Zarohum

Man, I freakin' loved the original Knights Kingdom. Anyone remember the game they had running through the website? Where you could upgrade your knight by finding secrets hidden on certain pages.

I remember that! Not quite sure what I did with mine though, haha.With regards to the sets, though, the best part were the armor pieces that came with the 2006 sets. Very handy.

Hand-drawn, bespoke avatar by none other than Mushy the Mushroom.

a body adrift in water, salt, and sky

Man, I freakin' loved the original Knights Kingdom. Anyone remember the game they had running through the website? Where you could upgrade your knight by finding secrets hidden on certain pages.

I remember that! Not quite sure what I did with mine though, haha.With regards to the sets, though, the best part were the armor pieces that came with the 2006 sets. Very handy.
I've used them and the '06 ones in tons of Bionicle MOCs. :PGatanui found the old online comics page! No words, though. :/http://web.archive.org/web/20061201023131/http://www.lego.com/eng/knights/comics.aspAh, the nostalgia. I started crying as soon as I heard the main theme at the beginning.

I've used them and the '06 ones in tons of Bionicle MOCs. :PGatanui found the old online comics page! No words, though. :/http://web.archive.o...ghts/comics.aspAh, the nostalgia. I started crying as soon as I heard the main theme at the beginning.
HECK YES! I loved reading those. Can't quite read them again, but this is close enough. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Anyone remember the theme from 2004-2006? Jayko, Danju, Santis, Rascus, Vladek, etc? I thought maybe since they had figures, a lot of Bionicle fans might remember it. I've had a few friends who even got the two confused. <_<I hate how they never ended the Adric/Kentis/Dracus/Karzon/Jayko/Vladek arc. And by the way, if 2006 was like 30 or 40 years after 2004 and 2005, why is Vladek still alive and Danju isn't? <_<if you want to see the old comics, click here.I also posted the instruction booklet comics in a topic somewhere. I'm too lazy to find it right now. Just go to my page, look at my topics, and you should see them.

Of course I remmeber! Their figs were cool!

SpecOperations9.jpg

Feel free to friend me!