Slipped Away From The Darkness...

Art Vandelay

slippedawayfromthedarkness.png

Hello, I am Makuta Trydeltix, the Makuta assigned to watch over and protect the southern region, the island Occidus. Occidus is a very secluded location in the Matoran Universe, and it is in its most southern point. It is an oddity in the universe, as it is home to an abundance of tropical flora. It is a beautiful place. An island paradise. The Matoran of Occidus, a combination of Ta, Bo, De, Su, and Vo Matoran, always liked to keep to themselves, and I found myself wanting to do the same. What more could we need? We had everything we could ever want on Occidus. There was no need to communicate with the rest of the universe. After tens of thousands of years with no contact with any beings outside our home, most of the inhabitants of our universe have forgotten about the island's very existence, and myself along with it. I had no friends in the Brotherhood of Makuta, since I found most of them to have simply toxic personalities. They too, eventually forgot about me.

With all my connections to the outer world severed, I had the opportunity to break away from the Brotherhood after Teridax's revolt against the Great Spirit Mata Nui unnoticed. To ensure that they would never find me, I destroyed all their records of mine or Occidus' existence. I was finally free from the tyrannical leadership of Teridax, and free to lead my people in peace and harmony. I never thought Teridax would succeed in his plans to wrest power away from Mata Nui, but in the end, shadows prevailed, and Teridax fulfilled his evil plan.

The Great Cataclysm struck Occidus hard, and many lives were lost, and cities destroyed. I survived, though, and pledged to lead my people through the darkness and hardships ahead. We rebuilt our tropical island back into the paradise it once was, and we continued to thrive. We watched our Universe die, and be saved by a great and noble heroes, and we watched lived through its final destruction, and the long overdue death of Teridax. In a mass exodus of the universe we had lived in for as long as we could remember, we emerged onto a place more beautiful than we ever could have imagined, and even though we had never seen it before, it was immediately our new home.

The three was once more one, and Mata Nui had blessed the reformed world with beauty and hospitality. Against all odds, my people and I had slipped away from the darkness, and we would be ever thankful to the Great Spirit for that. With a final goodbye and look back upon our old home, its corpse sprawled out on the land behind, we embraced our new home and our new life on the world of Spherus Magna.

:t: :h: :e: :e: :n: :m_d:

• Upvote 1
Bliss.png

• 2 weeks later...