Video Game General (Official)

Terminus

I'm more just surprised that they managed to keep Bayonetta's... Wardrobe mechanics generally intact in Smash. Less does seem to be coming off than in the Bayonetta games though, so there's that.

Also picked up the Cloud DLC, I'm liking how he plays. Limit Break feels a tad OP from the few matches I've played, but otherwise he's a good sword character. Only disappointment is that there's only his Japanese voice, but otherwise he's a nice addition to my main lineup.

Bayonetta in smash? Doesn't Bayonetta go against, like, all of Nintendo's morals of not really having swearing or any form of suggestiveness?

but samus in spandex and upskirt peach is fine

technically peach is just a black hole these days, although that's only the case for Smash 4.

• Upvote 4

Bayonetta in smash? Doesn't Bayonetta go against, like, all of Nintendo's morals of not really having swearing or any form of suggestiveness?

Point taken.

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

technically peach is just a black hole these days, although that's only the case for Smash 4.

the implication of which is even more staggering than a simple upskirt camera angle

• Upvote 1

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

the implication of which is even more staggering than a simple upskirt camera angle

Implication? You mean CERO getting more than a bit uptight about that sorta stuff?

• 1 month later...

Nintendo cutting content in a western release of a niche Japanese title? Impossible!

In all seriousness though, this seems to be one of the sillier cuts, a similar feature is in the Hatsune Miku: Project Diva games, and I don't really think anyone said... Anything, really about that feature. I've heard that it's because it may have gotten kinda incesty, but I dunno. I kinda wish they didn't cut stuff, but I'll still be getting all three versions.

So, latest news on the rumor mill is saying that Nintendo has removed the facerubbing from the English editions of Fire Emblem: Fates.

Thoughts?

I wasn't a fan of it, since I thought it was a bit too on the nose even for pandering, but I'm annoyed it got removed. Considering you need, at minimum, 80 USD to get all the story content (and almost 200 if you want the first map DLC AND the amiibo units)? I  want the same amount of content as the Japanese version, even if it's something I wasn't really a fan of in the first place.

On top of this, it's kind of annoying that NoA's been pulling this sorta thing more and more, especially since they're doing this to titles not intended for children in the first place. It's not the 80s anymore- there are not only other systems on the market, but ways around it are easier than ever and it's at a time where they're not exactly in the best shape saleswise. I mean, there's not only a pretty major kernel exploit for the Wii U coming soon (which is working on every firmware tested), but they literally just patched out several entrypoints on the 3DS' firware that allowed downgrading and instillation of rxTools.

The fans of the niche, especially in games with pre-existing cult, dedicated fandoms like FE, Fatal Frame, and the Xeno series, usually are more likely to be willing to use said exploits to play the game- either through importing, playing an undub, pirating, whatever. That's something that easily could be avoided and would've been a sale to the local branch if they didn't mess with the game.

I mean, it's no skin off my bones since I can just import If and play the fan translation,  but it's still annoying and makes me less interested in picking up the English release simply because I'm not getting the same game as the original region.

hElbrZ6.gif

So apparently that stuff didn't get cut (yet) in FE: Fates, it was all clickbait to capitalize on the earlier stuff going on with the love potion scene or whatever that was.

This whole incident made me look up some gameplay of the facerubbing game, it does seem less tame than what's in the Hatsune Miku: Project Diva games, but not by much, but it's definitely not the worst I've played (that would probably go to Bullet Girls, with Senran Kagura and Monster Monpiece close runmers-up).

If there is any actual censorship/content cutting, I hope it turns out as hilarious as the DLC in Awakening where a conveniently-placed curtain looked less like a curtain and more like Chrom's cape.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

so, did anyone else end up using the delocalization/fan-TL patches for FE Fates.

The Treehouse translation was a trainwreck. I haven't seen a localization that poor since the PSX.

That right there is half of the reason I haven't picked up Fates yet.

Other half is that I really don't want to pay ~$100 to get the whole game, especially since (from what I've heard), all 3 storylines start off the same and they branch off at a certain point, and whatever path you didn't get can be played, but as DLC...

so, did anyone else end up using the delocalization/fan-TL patches for FE Fates.

The Treehouse translation was a trainwreck. I haven't seen a localization that poor since the PSX.

That right there is half of the reason I haven't picked up Fates yet.

Other half is that I really don't want to pay ~$100 to get the whole game, especially since (from what I've heard), all 3 storylines start off the same and they branch off at a certain point, and whatever path you didn't get can be played, but as DLC...

yeah, honestly, the price is one of the biggest problems with Fates especially considering the Treehouse translation makes an already mediocre storyline even worse.

Nintendo had absolutely awful timing with that 'translation', too. It's not terribly hard to get a hold of a downgrade-capable N3DS/O3DS (most on-shelf units have the exploitable firmware), and it's not exactly rocket science to get custom firmware running.

hElbrZ6.gif

• 3 weeks later...

O V E R W A T C H

V                          C

E                          T

R                          A

W                         W

A                          O

T                          V

C                          E

H C T A W R E V  O

is really sick is anyone else playin

lmao remember when this thread was alive

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

I paid absolutely zero attention to Overwatch before it's release, but since then I've heard and seen a lot about it and I'm pretty interested in it, it's probably something I'll pick up soon.

Anyways, E3 is next week, hoping they show off some really good stuff this year (especially for PSVR. I preordered that thing and still have no idea what's coming to it lol).

Just beat the main storyline of Planet Robobot. 

If you thought Triple Deluxe was a good game, oh boy does this one blow it out of the water. Especially that final boss. Don't think there's ever been such a grand and epic final boss in the series ever, and I'm looking forward to seeing how they top this one. 

• Upvote 1

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

Watched the Xbox conference earlier, they killed it there.

And by killed it I mean that they completely killed the Xbox for me, seems like stuff is becoming less Xbox exclusives and more Microsoft exclusives. It's not really bad news (I've really been looking forward to Scalebound, glad I'll be able to play it on PC), but if exclusives are gone there really isnt much reason to get it over PC.

Just beat the main storyline of Planet Robobot. 

If you thought Triple Deluxe was a good game, oh boy does this one blow it out of the water. Especially that final boss. Don't think there's ever been such a grand and epic final boss in the series ever, and I'm looking forward to seeing how they top this one.

Same here! Gotta say the game was fantastic all-around.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

So I got Overwatch the other day.

I'm liking it a lot more than I was expecting, I was a bit skeptical about the lack of a Campaign/Story mode (since the characters and animated shorts are all pretty cool), but the gameplay itself is so fun I don't really mind that I don't know anything about the characters I'm playing as. Only thing I'm not really a fan of is how a lot of players at lower levels don't always seem to care about the objective (I've been the only one to near the objective on a couple matches), but hopefully I'll get out of that soon.

Speaking of Overwatch, I did manage to get my hands on it recently. Not sure if you could tell but whatever. I think I might of lost four or more hours of my life to the game because it is fun. Also really enjoy just having a team made up entirely of one character, even if it I already know we'll lose. So yeah Overwatch it's great.

overwatch-pharah-mission-statement_Thumb

I'd love to get Overwatch, but I don't have any the new consoles and as far as I'm aware it's not on Steam.

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

• 8 months later...

lol remember when this topic was thriving and active.

Any of y'all bought a Switch? I was going to, but hearing all the issues people are having with the first batch makes me glad I decided to wait on it. Only game really on it is BotW, which is on the Wii U anyway.

hElbrZ6.gif

Yeah, the new Xeno game is a big motivator for me too, tbh. I hope there's a Switch port of XCX too, but I'm not holding out too much hope- I feel like that game would benefit immensely from the better load times of a cartridge, but I doubt Ninty'll shell out for that.

hElbrZ6.gif

Yeah, the new Xeno game is a big motivator for me too, tbh. I hope there's a Switch port of XCX too, but I'm not holding out too much hope- I feel like that game would benefit immensely from the better load times of a cartridge, but I doubt Ninty'll shell out for that.

i feel like it'd benefit from the better power of the switch, too, just so it'd look nicer

though the loss of the gamepad map would be unfortunate.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

lol remember when this topic was thriving and active.

Any of y'all bought a Switch? I was going to, but hearing all the issues people are having with the first batch makes me glad I decided to wait on it. Only game really on it is BotW, which is on the Wii U anyway.

I got my Switch on the 3rd, when it came out. I've been happy with the console thus far (no issues as far as I can tell), and I personally don't find the Joy-Con Grip uncomfortable, but I would agree that a larger/more prominent launch line-up would have been better.

"The Kingslayer"

z2r5DTz.png

Complete Okoto Alphabet + Okotoan Symbols | Infrared's Okoto Font | SDCC Semi-Live Coverage

—————————BZPGOT S1 KILLS—————————

Gi9juq3.png

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Tekken 7 is solid.  The story mode was disappointing (though it had its cool moments), and the customization is NOT up to its predecessor's standards, but I'm still having a good time.  I believe the first DLC pack/patch will have more costume parts, so I'll definitely be looking forward to that.

Well, you can always just get it on ebay or amazon or something.