Itarus, Toa of Light

Click

"There is a legend that a darkness came to our land many years ago to destroy our homes. A single Toa managed to defeat the darkness, but instead of destroying it for good, he offered the darkness a choice: continue to battle until one falls, or leave the land. Knowing it was defeated, the darkness left the land, but created this hourglass to count down its return."

"That must have been a brave Toa."

"It was a Toa of Light."

"Then it must be a legend. There are no more Toa of Light, if there ever were."

------

In a faraway land, a long time ago, an Av-Matoran from the Time Slip became a Toa and swore to protect the people he loved. After proving his worth time and time again, a Makuta came to challenge him.

He won, but at a terrible price. He became a Turaga, sacrificing his Toa power to defeat the Makuta and leaving his village vulnerable.

This is Itarus, Toa of Light.

itarus0.jpg_thumb.jpg

Front

Back

Side

Pose

Articulation Pose

Itarus was just a quick build inspired by my latest Flash Fiction Entry, The Sand Rises. I was just imagining the battle between light and darkness and decided I had to build a Toa of Light. I had pictured this massive and powerful-looking Toa who could crush a Makuta barehanded, but I realized I really don't have all that much Pearl Gold, so he ended up a little taller than most Av-Matoran. I was glad for the chance to use my black background for my lightbox, and I really like the effect it gives him. He really pops out. :D

I also took the chance to give him some torso articulation, which I haven't done for a while. It works really well with that hockey foot on his chest. I'm very proud of the way I put the jewel in there.

Overall he uses fourteen ball joints, with over half of them in his legs. :D

I think a gold tahu armor price would work well on his chest. Also I think white glatorian hands instead of the ones you have now. I'm also not digging the gear in his torso. Other than that I like him, I wouldn't mind having one of him.On a second look at him, I like his current chest armor.

Edited by Omega12

This is a nice design for a toa of light.. and the blades add a nice touch. And while i am not a huge fan of the new gold color since it's introduction in 2006.. But something about your use of it makes it worth while.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I like him. I especially like the chest armor technique, and the blades are Uber creative! What I don't think I like is the legs. They're a tad too short to my preference.

:tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

The MOC look really good but the arm don't look good, the upper arm have holes and the lower arm don't have any armor. The leg is okay but is too short for the MOC, the body look great but i think it need a little work on and the mask is okay (overuse but okay).

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube