Favorite Toa Mata/Nuva/etc form?

Toa Of Anarchy

I liked the original mata best, just something about how all the designs were so similar, but each unique...

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Does it have to be the Toa Mata? My favorite Toa, in terms appearance, were the Toa Metru and other Toa w/ that build (Lhikan and the Toa Hagah).

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection? Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801

I guess its true that those gear arms were pretty cool, but it annoyed me how you couldn't move just one arm without moving the other! :annoyed:

The main reason I took the gears out of Norik and Iruini.

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection? Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801

i've always loved the toa mata. their simplistic design combined unique, distinguishable features makes them easily the best. no other wave of sets had characters that looked so distinct from one another.

i also like the phantoka, though: i thought they did a great job of updating the nuva, but keeping them looking like their original selves. it was a perfect combination of new and old.

-jb

I do have to go with the Mata. The nuva though were really cool back in the day as you build them and put armor on them. I don't care as much for the adapted forms, and still imagine them as Nuva forms (except for Tahu) in the online serials.

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Mata: Tahu, Gali, Kopaka, Pohatu

Nuva: Lewa, Onua

My mostly favorite is the Mata and least favorite are the Phantoka/Mistika.

Mata are really good sets, i love the gear in the sets (all but Pohatu) and the weapons as well. Plus i like classic stuff.

Phantoka/Mistika are not that good, the silver was bad and i don't like the weapons and mask (but not Tahu). The thing i like is the theme of sky and swamp.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Easily the Toa Mata form, for a few reasons.

First is childhood nostalgia - I absolutely loved them as a kid, and I liked the Nuva too, but these hold more memories for me.

Second is the design - the simplistic elemental-based design was great and made each one memorable. The Nuva Armor makes them all a little less distinguishable from each other.

Third, I find the Karda Nui forms to be too strange. They're kind of cool, but not what I look for in a Toa.

The Legend Lives...

I always enjoyed the weapon integration that the Nuva had. Most of the weapons had a really neat secondary function, and maybe it was that simplicity that I enjoyed so much. Between them though it's hard to choose; But I can say for sure I enjoyed them a lot more than what we got in 2008.

Like everyone else say, I like the Toa Mata the best. Their simple mask and form looks good enough for me to like them so much. I got all 36 kanohi mask and was able to collect other parts to match their color... 10684821414_22858ca00b_o.jpg

Kinda irrelavant but where did you get the poster? (the mata one)
I got it for free when they first came out in 2001 at Legoland California when I bought my first 6 Toa Mata sets.

10640418814_ff945700dc_o.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The first three years of Bionicle were just so mystical and surreal, and the first year of sets was so new and strange, and the Toa Mata perfectly displayed that feeling of adventure and fun we all felt. The Toa Nuva weren't all that special besides new masks, weapons, and armor.

• Upvote 1

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

I liked the stars best. While it was only Tahu as a set, if you pay close attention, you can notice the other toa were like that in stasis. I wish all the mata were made like that and I tried to make my own version of it but failed due to lack of pieces.

What do I write here?

Someone, say something funny so you can be remembered for posterity.

I (sorry!) dislike the original Hau,

You've committed blasphemy. Run while you still can. :P

No really RUN Kapura is about to make a Nuke of Fire Farts, RUUUUUUUUN

I like the nuva sets the most, the weapons that could be used for different things and the bigger kanohi along with armor , plus pohatu finally has weapons.

Yes, It's good that Pohatu have Weapons now and good thing he didn't have to just use his foot... again but the things he have in 2008 was really odd. Another thing is that i dislike the Nuva Mask but Lewa and Gali, there was good.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

I don't know why everyone is bashing on the 2008 designs; I love every mask that came out, exception of Gali (too masculine), and the concepts were great. It might be that the Mata doesn't have the nostalgia charm on me like it has on other people (started liking Bionicle in 2006), but the sets were still good (especially Pohatu Mata). I'd have to say a close battle between the two, but not the Nuva. Masks were ugly and the silver armor was gimmicky, and were rehashed Mata.

• 1 month later...

I liked the stars best. While it was only Tahu as a set, if you pay close attention, you can notice the other toa were like that in stasis. I wish all the mata were made like that and I tried to make my own version of it but failed due to lack of pieces.

Actually, the other Mata were only drawn in the Stars style for that image in order to promote the Stars sets, which were being released contemporary to the Mata Nui Saga on Bionicle.com. I'm pretty certain that you're referring to an image that originally appeared as part of the Mata Nui Saga.

That said, the Toa Nuva versions were my favorites, though I liked Lewa in his Mata incarnation more than his Nuva form.

Edited by Artakha's Nephew

Find (digital) me under the name Azani on YouTube, Eurobricks, Discord, the BioMedia Project and the TTV Message Boards.

Please check out Project AFTERMAN on Tumblr and Facebook; I'm proud to have worked as their PR Manager and as a writer.

AAZZ.jpg

Tahu Nuva was the very first Toa I ever got, so Nuva are my official favs. Silver armor, really weird looking masks, they rocked. :smiletahunu:

The Toa Mata would be a close second, just because of their original design, and that they were the very first, I get nostalgic every time I gland over those guys. :sigh:

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5