BZPRPG - Kini-Nui

Nuju Metru

IC: Dayeth - Tunnel.

Putting her weapons away, Dayeth followed the others, muttering a few muffled curses as she walked. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Celphrithia, Dravennica, and Shredder - Mangaia (Tunnels)

The group proceeded to wander throughout the tunnels and passages for some time, listening for the occasional sounds of the other occupants as they went in order to avoid them, before eventually arriving in a dead-end chamber with nothing inside. Seeing this as an opportunity to catch their breath once again in order to gather their bearings, Dravennica motioned for the others to duck inside as she remained by the entrance, intent on keeping watch for any incoming threats.

"Hopefully, we won't be interrupted this time," she said as Celphrithia and her minion passed by her. "Barricade the way in, and we may even be able to get in some sleep while we're at it."

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

"Is deliberately cornering ourselves in a cramped, enclosed area such a good idea?" 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"Can't be worse than having a certain someone passing out mid-battle the next time we encounter something that wants to tear us apart," the Ko-Toa replied. "Like it or not, Celphrithia's still our first line of defense."

"I won't object if you want to stay out there and potentially get yourself killed, though," the Onu-Toa whispered. "I'm sure your rib cage would look absolutely lovely as a mantelpiece."

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

"If by first line of defence you basically mean meatshield, then I'm fine with that plan."

"Okay, let me rephrase that," she said, facepalming. "More group members mean more potential targets, which in turn puts whatever we encounter down here at a disadvantage, as we have both the capacity to attack in quicker succession and more bodies to take hits with. Since the necromancer has the capability of providing us with extra protection, it would be wise to at least try to keep her around for as long as possible."

The next words out of her mouth were directed towards the Onu-Toa, and were enough to cause her to think twice before responding.

"While you may not entirely agree with my conclusion, the fact of the matter is that we have a higher chance of survival together than alone. So, in the efforts of promoting better... relationships between our fellow teammates, I suggest that we play a little game I like to call Hold Your Tongue from here on out. The rules are actually quite simple; Party A and Party B are going to do their very best to not tick each other off from now on, and in return, Party C won't perform oral surgery on the first person who loses."

Seeing that Celphrithia had been rendered momentarily silent for the time being, Dravennica then turned her attention back towards the Ta-Matoran.

"I don't hear any objections from the Toa of Earth, so I'm assuming that she has no issues with the terms of our new... arrangement," she continued, her demeanor indicating that she was quite serious about holding up her end of the bargain. "What say you, Dayeth? Do you have any objections?"

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

"Since you're more or less agreeing with my meatshield suggestion, no." 

"Good," said the Ko-Toa, breathing in a sigh of relief upon receiving the knowledge that the headache the duo's squabbling had caused would soon subside. "Then I volunteer myself for first watch."

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

"Go for it," she agreed, sitting down with her back against the nearest wall. 

A simple nod towards the Onu-Toa resulted in a mound of earth filling in the entrance to the chamber, one that was immediately reinforced when Dravennica added her own element into the mix. Seeing that the passage was now sufficiently blocked off, Celphrithia commanded her zombie to position itself somewhere out of the way before deactivating her mask and finding a spot to curl up on the ground.

Not wanting to take any chances, the Ko-Toa moved to an area where she had a good view on both the barricade and her comrades, leaving Shredder to his own devices as he began to wander around the enclosure.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Stifling a bored yawn, Dayeth leaned back, eyes closed. 

OOC: Kavala from Le-Wahi.

Entering the Dark Walk of Le-Koro, Kavala had begun a long journey into the shadows. Being under the earth made him feel comfortable, and the darkness was more than welcome to him. With only his dark green eyes visible in this environment, he felt more able and in control than on the surface.

His plan was simple. If he ever wanted to have revenge on Ga-Koro and Lash, he would need like-minded worshippers of Makuta who would be willing to ally with him. For that purpose, the Dark Walks seemed like the best opportunity. Since the arrival of the Piraka, this area had been practically infested with evil-doers from all over the island. There was something about the dark lair that invited...

Kavala stopped in his tracks. He could make out one... two... at least four beings in the distance. Perhaps this was what he was looking for?

Kavala began walking towards the group, when he suddenly witnessed a barricade of some sort forming around them.

Now what is that all about? he thought in confusion.

A Toa of Ice remained outside the barricade. Intending to find out if these beings were potential allies, Kavala approached her and said, "Greetings... quite surprising to find someone down here. I am Kavala, Toa of Earth... who are you?"

OOC: That would be Dravennica, if it's ok to interact. If not, I'll change the post.

OOC: I have no issues with the interaction itself, though I should note that Dravennica is actually behind the barrier, making sure that both the obstruction remains intact and her own teammates don't try to kill each other in their sleep. :P

Leaping to her feet at the sound of the voice and rushing back towards the construct of ice and frozen earth, Dravennica drew her sword, scowling at the state her shield was in as she prepared herself for combat.

She was really going to have to get that fixed when she returned to Ko-Koro.

"Dravennica, Toa of Ice," she said quietly, realising that the person on the other end must have seen them enter the chamber. "State your intentions."

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC Forger

Immediately before I open my mouth to ask Rehkyt of a more elaborated upon opinion, I'm interrupted by an unmistakeable low tone. Some sort of far off noise carried and funneled through the dense caverns and tunnels. I raise an eyebrow and stare past the group in the direction we came.

"I don't like the sound of that..."

...but close to it

IC: Enforcer - The Vault.

"Let's just do what we came here to do," I suggest, "and leave before we wind up with company." 

IC: Yenroot

"Steak sounds great. I would have brought my spice kit for grilling if I knew I was camping out tonight."

IC: Trava (Crowded Campground)

"Don't worry," she answered Yenroot's remark, "I brought mine. It's a bit worn, but it still works just fine"

IC:

"I carry precious little in the way of seasonings," I note, heading back to the clearing, "except for coarse salt and good black pepper. And these are usually perfectly satisfactory. But if anyone has a bit of dried onion and/or garlic, that would be splendid."

As I walk, I begin gathering an armful of the dead wood which is so plentiful hereabouts (our environment being, after all, a dense forest that apparently hasn't been subjected to a wildfire in some time). I make sure to get plenty of dryer, smaller stuff for use as first kindling (if you first split and shave it into manageable portions with a knife blade), and then stage-one fodder (when the fire's strong enough, let it eat it whole).

Edited by Shadowhawk

"I've got some spice herbs with me" Trava supplanted nonchalantly as she digged out an item from her bag; a gray, cylindrical container with a rounded top. She ceremoniously unscrewed the lid to reveal the glowing tip of a heatstone contained within. Trava's own eyes seemed to light up as she peered down at it, held dangerously close to her face. She shook herself out of her apparent sudden trance and placed the heatstone in the general middle of the campground.

"Alright, if you guys want to lend a hand sometime soon, help me find some rocks to circle this with so we have a fireplace" she said out loud.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

"Same reason as you, I suppose," Dravennica replied. "Though our individual missions may differ."

Celphrithia and Dayeth were one thing, but there was no way in Karz that she was going to reveal her intentions to someone she didn't know anything about in the slightest, especially someone that she couldn't currently see.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Hearing that the person on the other side of the barricade seemed to be searching for members of the Dark God's religion, she kept her answer short while simultaneously implying that it would be best for him to look elsewhere if he intended to start trouble.

"No, though I do not presume to speak for my companions, who you've no doubtedly seen already, since we probably wouldn't be conversing if you hadn't. You?"

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

How convenient.

"For what purpose, exactly?"

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

She remained where she sat, eyes closed, breathing even. She wasn't asleep - falling asleep down here would be suicide - but she certainly looked the part. Instead, she simply lay back and listened to Dravennica's conversation with the stranger. 

"Perhaps," the Ko-Toa said, ignoring the sounds of Celphrithia stirring.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC Kavala

(Tunnels):

Kavala shrugged and said, "I suppose that's good enough. My mission is to liberate the Kumu Islets from occupation. Additionally, I have some... dealings with Ga-Koro, and in particular a particular person living there."

Kavala knew the risk he was taking, but figured that anyone choosing to camp in these tunnels wouldn't object to his goals, at least for moral purposes.

"Now it's your turn."

Deeming his tone sincere enough, Dravennica saw no reason not to divulge her plan.

"We are currently journeying to The Vault from Ko-Koro. My intention is to hopefully barter some Antidermis off of the Skakdi known as Zaktan in order to create a group consisting of similar individuals who are capable of lashing out against the other villages; a legion, if you will."

She paused for a moment to let the information sink in before eventually continuing.

"I have no direct interests in the Kumu Islets themselves, though it seems we could eventually be of use to one another as far as Ga-Koro is concerned. Once my goal is achieved, perhaps we can come to an... understanding of our own."

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

"Of course not," Trava replied incredulously, "it's the firelighter, not the fire. And now I'm just using it as a reference point for where we make the fireplace"

Questioning her wilderness survival prowess? Why of all the nerve...

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Yenroot

Using a heatstone to start a fire was a good idea; having a Toa of Fire handy was better. But that didn't seem to be the case at the moment. Yenroot deposited a small armful of rocks in the center of the clearing, and began arranging them in a campfire-like position. "We're gonna need more, for sure."

IC: Raaka

"I hope you don't consider that a supplementary replacement for an actual campfire," he remarked, indicating the heatstone.

IC:

"And if she didn't, I suppose your wee lil' pretty-boy tootsies would freeze right off, wouldn't they?" I growl back. With just enough playful sarcasm in my tone that he can laugh and save face if he wants to. I mean, it's pretty obvious he's no tenderfoot. And crude masculine banter isn't really a new concept, particularly among the soldier types.

But if he is just being a jerk, well then he can go right ahead and take my insult at face value. It's been a while since I've made a proper enemy.

Plus, I don't like it when folks throw snark at females in my presence. It's less than courteous, and quite a bit less than gentlemanly. So call me old school (I mean, I get it... she can take care of herself, right?), but I can feel my hackles prickling a bit.

I dump my armful of wood next to Yenroot's fire ring (which is, incidentally, complete enough at this point to be workable), then kneel down on one knee and begin stacking tinder against the heatstone. After only a few seconds of sustained direct contact, the tinder begins to smoke. Soon the smoke turns to fire, casting a wavering red-orange glow around the clearing, and from there on out it's a simple matter. The flame is eager and alive, and I know how to work with it, feeding it on a succession of sticks and bark and then a few rough chunks of heavier hardwood.

A campfire you want, is it? Well there's your answer, loudmouth.

IC Flabbergaster

"Last i checked, rubbing two pieces of wood together takes a few hours to get a flame."

He spread the stones in his hand around the ring Yenroot had made. "And I doubt everyone here is as cold-adapted as myself. But I'll take your word for it on the taste."

IC:

"Yeah. It's technically impossible to get the same flavor with a heatstone. It just doesn't put enough carbon in the meat."

I wink cheerfully at the flames and poke a stray stick into place with the twelve-inch blade of my survival knife.

"Also technically, you can start a rub-sticks-together fire in only a few minutes, if you've got the right setup and know what you're doing. The bow-drill method seems to work best for me, but I'm no pro. I usually just go with a heatstone or flint-and-steel. Most sane people do."

The fire pops and snarls, burning through the lingering moisture in the heavier logs. It's good, tight-grained wood, and it's cranking out some serious BTUs at this point. 'Make nice coals, come ten or twenty minutes.

"When this thing burns down a bit, I'll break out my fancy camp grill, and in the meantime I guess we can play master chefs and pretend we know how to season big ol' hunks of a Mukau's rib cage. Which is of course all that t-bone steaks are, when you think about it... Mind grabbing my pack for me, Yenroot? It's that beat-up camouflage one just over to your left."

Edited by Shadowhawk