BZPRPG - Kini-Nui

Nuju Metru

IC:

I sighed, slightly, as this little Matoran dropped his combative, egotistical persona and instead assumed a more meek one. It was more befitting for one in his place, yes, but the bravado he had displayed before was entertaining. What would have been more entertaining, though, would've been what I might have done to him had he kept it up, provided I had the approbation of my comrades. After all, the mask he wore seemed to be getting old.

Perhaps he could use a newer one, made of red-hot iron, rather than the one that he currently had. It would certainly keep his face warm, and his shrieks of 'gratitude' would certainly be fun to listen to. But, sadly, it appeared that I wouldn't be getting the chance. So, I continued to stroke the Kraata I held, waiting for somebody to determine where the group would go next.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC:

Kohra quietly slipped back into a darker spot nearby, with only the faintest light present in the cave catching on her outline and the purple glow of her eyes visible. She observed the exchange between Echelon and the Matoran referring to himself as Ahkmou. The dark Toa had very little patience for fool and those who had outlived their usefulness. The Matoran was dangerously close to falling into both categories, but despite some of his behaviour being foolish, he did not seem to be a downright fool. And perhaps, there was some use for him yet. Although: 

"He's of no use sitting on the floor like that. " the Vortixx stated. "If this test entails walking somewhere, I suggest we move." 

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: The Recluse

The wild Toa didn't know what drew him back to this place. The grass of the surface of Kini-nui still shone bright red during the day, a reminder of the battle that had happened here, between the Rahi and followers of Makuta, and the Toa who protected Mata Nui.

Perhaps it was the fact that this area was so far from the growing Matoran settlements that gave him some peace of mind. Still unsure, he stepped out of the tree line and onto the field of red grass, taking in the vaguely familiar surroundings. 

OOC: Open for interaction.

Edited by Mj. Spoilers

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

OOC: Bout time to dust off Darvin and his amazing Treehouse

IC: Darvin Le'neer

Darvin rose from his tanning chair on the balcony of his large treehouse/office. He could hear the faint sound of grass crunching beneath foot, a very uncommon sound for an area that receives very few travellers. Now the lesterin leaned over the railing and peered down at who was in the temple area. It appeared to be a toa of plantlife, at least if the armor covered in treebark was any indication. From his vantage point he offered a friendly wave

"Well hello there! Don't get many travellers here as of late, well plenty through the tunnels but not many up here."

Now as he peered down he lifted the sun-blocking visors from his mask revealing his dark aquamarine eyes to the toa

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC: Agrona - Kini-Nui - Mangaia

Agrona smiled as the Matoran elected to take Echelon's test. Proud of her work, she moved over to her newest pet project. Toros lay on the ground, eyes closed and mouth permanently shut. Agrona sat over him again, placing her bone knife at the Toa's throat. She used the other hand to slap him hard across the cheek.

"Toros my friend," she said rather loudly, "You mouth has been cauterized by burning metal, and I've used my mask to heal together your lips. Your nerve endings are rather sensitive," the Lesterin spoke with a soft aggression. This truly was her favorite kind of work, "You are unable to consume food or water, and thus, would die from starvation if the dehydration wouldn't kill you first. Which it will." Agrona soothed, "However I, and only I can provide you with sustenance. I have a special way of doing it."

Her yellow eyes looked at him warmly, "So if you want to live I would suggest you do exactly what I tell you when I tell you or I will let your body dry up and rot, left to the flies," Agrona's smile was warm and inviting, "Nod if you understand. Shake your head if I should slit your throat instead, although it would mean much of my hard work would be wasted."

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

Calmly, the wild Toa followed to voice to spot what appeared to be a treehouse of all things, and a Toa- no, Lesterin- inside it. Curious, and  slightly more unexpected than a traveler to the surface of the Kini. It took him a moment to gather the meaning of the being's sentence, with his casual speech lacking a few articles. 'Not many' and 'travelers' were clear, though, as was his greeting. 

He nodded a greeting and walked closer, slightly curious about the tree-dwelling that had been created.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC

Given the choice between death and life, it has been my experience that 98% of all beings will choose the latter. Even if the prospect of living is daunting for a multitude of reasons, the will to live is a strong instinct, and difficult to override, even with the promise of future horror.

I suppose one might call it life's quiet miracle, that it persists in the face of astronomical odds.

Calmly, the wild Toa followed to voice to spot what appeared to be a treehouse of all things, and a Toa- no, Lesterin- inside it. Curious, and  slightly more unexpected than a traveler to the surface of the Kini. It took him a moment to gather the meaning of the being's sentence, with his casual speech lacking a few articles. 'Not many' and 'travelers' were clear, though, as was his greeting. 

He nodded a greeting and walked closer, slightly curious about the tree-dwelling that had been created.

Darvin leaned over the railing as he watched the toa of green come closer to his home. He idly gestured towards the spiral staircase that began nearly at the tree's base 

"Come on up traveler, I am sure you could use a drink."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC: The Wild Toa

The Toa of Plants obliged, marching slowly up the spiraling staircase. It was a nostalgic thing, reminding him of Le-Koro before it became covered in those shiny tubes. As he emerged on the top, he immediately cast his eyes about the room he found himself in.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Darvin

Darvin watched as the toa made his way up the stairs, intrigue clearly written over his features. One the toa of plantlife had made it up the stairs, and to the balcony he approached, and without warning extended his left hand towards the front door. 

"Please join me within the office. I recently made some bula muffins and tea if you would be interested."

OOC: This is the layout/wiki page for the treehouse Mj. Spoilers. The stairs lead onto the balcony. 

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

The green and brown Toa nodded gratefully, though his face of stone revealed little, save his eyes. He followed the direction of his host quietly, as he did everything, taking in the place. It had a modern feel that didn't agree with him, but the way it was worked unobtrusively into the bula tree... he liked it. A rare hint of a smile made its way onto his mask.

BZPRPG Profiles

Darvin lead the quiet toa into the main sitting area. He motioned to a seat as he went to a corner of the waiting room and brought over a plate of muffins for the toa

"Not sure how long you been traveling but surely you must be hungry, or at least a bit peckish."

Despite the silence the toa gave him, darvin could not help but be friendly, for being unfriendly was simply not in his nature.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

He nodded, taking one of the muffins and studying its appearance and scent. Bula. It definitely smelled of it. He wondered if it had come from the tree itself. Looking at the hospitable Lesterin, he opened his mouth as if to talk, then closed it and touched his throat just below his scar, indicating the reason for his silence, then took an experimental nibble.

BZPRPG Profiles

Darvin cocked his head slightly to the side as he saw the gesture

"well that just won't do. Are you able to write? Doesn't have to be matoran, just being able to write any language."

He asked, trying to figure out a way for discussion.

Edited by VoxuChro

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

OOC: Oh man, I remember the time I used my 3DS to post. Not fun.

His eyes went wide as he processed the taste of the muffin in his mouth. He sighed involuntarily and stared down at it. The berries kept the taste natural, yet it sweetness was so different from anything he had found out in the jungle. Truly, it was one of the most delicious things he had ever tasted! Yes, he liked these 'muffins'. He wanted more.

He processed the question being asked him after his culinary epiphany and tilted his head. He didn't know this usage of the word 'right' and ran through a few possibilities. It was a word related to language. Perhaps a synonym for 'sign', but that didn't seem to fit with his sentence. Perhaps it was the usage of symbols to convey meaning.

Still chewing the muffin, he put his finger on the table and let a trickle of his power flow into the wood, darkening it by altering the material. As he traced a word with his finger, lines followed.

'ryt?'

Each letter began to fade as he wrote it, his power fading immediately. A couple of seconds after he had finished writing, only the 't' remained, faintly.

OOC: Hooray for creative usage of elemental powers!

Edited by Mj. Spoilers

BZPRPG Profiles

OOC: Nice use of powers and yeah, posting from the 3DS is not fun. hence why I don't do it often unless it is small stuff

Darvin leaned forward as he watched the toa 'write' something on the table. He was able to catch what had been written. He got up from his chair without any prior warning and walked into another room. It would be several minutes before he returned, however when he did he had a tray with him, On the tray was what appeared to be a medium sized pitcher, filled nearly to the brim with a brownish liquid, though the sunlight bounced through the glass, revealing what appeared to be small bits of fruit in it. Accompanying the pitcher were two glasses. However even more intriguing was what was tucked under his other arm, it looked to be a small ledger of sorts. He sat down across from the toa and promptly poured some of 'tea' into the glass, running it through a filter sorts as it filled the glass. He then slid the glass to the toa as well as motioning to the tray of muffins

"This tea should help you to enjoy the muffins better. It is a sweet tea with traces of citrus."

However now he pulled out the ledger and a pen from his belt pockets and began to write something. Whatever it was it was written quickly, hinting that it was short. Then his rau glowed as whatever was written he tried to translate

Lets see just what this word means

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

The Toa of Plants sampled some of the tea, eyebrows rising at the subtle yet sweet taste of the fruit. It was like juice, but not. Piecing together the words he understood, he tried the muffin along with the tea, taking a bit of one followed by a sip of another before swallowing. An interesting combination. When it came to food, he certainly no longer had any objections to science.

He ate slowly, unaware of the disappointment he'd set the Lesterin up for. For 'ryt' was merely his attempt to spell 'write' based on the distant memory he had of letters.

OOC: I'll likely be using my phone to respond next time. I'll be on a trip to visit family, and won't be bringing my laptop.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC

A less patient man would question Echelon as to our estimated time of departure from this place. We have been attacked once; a second skirmish is not out of the question, especially considering the noise of battle that we have sent ringing through the far-flung tunnels of the underground. It would be wise to remove ourselves.

However, I am patient. So I wait.

IC (Echelon)

"Quite so," Echelon gave his approbation to Kohra's remark. "It is time we moved on."

The Dark Toa took a strip of black cloth from his belt and tossed it to his Vortixx compatriot.

"Ensure that he can see no part of our journey."

Echelon had no intention of giving the Matoran the location of his base of operations. He cast his eye over the figures of his allies, frowning when his gaze rested on the Kaiakan, who was still toying with the Kraata he had found.

"Karnakie, I appreciate the temptation to play with one's food, but we have much to do and time is of the essence. Put the thing out of its misery and I'll get you some Matoran to play with, hmm?"

The great man shrugged.

"As you wish."

The Kraata was crushed to a greenish pulp between his fingers.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Ishi Polzin

A glob of the kraata's exploded pulp splotched on Ishi's kanohi.  He groaned, using a finger to wipe it away but the lens of his kaukau had gained a shmear of sticky contaminants.  Names and faces were beginning to take shape in Ishi's mind, each shadowy companion being called out by their leader helped solidify identity; it was better than simply thinking of Karnakie as 'The Rock That Talks'.  

Ishi turned toward the vortixx and stepped forward for her to tied the blindfold.

The Toa of Plants sampled some of the tea, eyebrows rising at the subtle yet sweet taste of the fruit. It was like juice, but not. Piecing together the words he understood, he tried the muffin along with the tea, taking a bit of one followed by a sip of another before swallowing. An interesting combination. When it came to food, he certainly no longer had any objections to science.

He ate slowly, unaware of the disappointment he'd set the Lesterin up for. For 'ryt' was merely his attempt to spell 'write' based on the distant memory he had of letters.

OOC: I'll likely be using my phone to respond next time. I'll be on a trip to visit family, and won't be bringing my laptop.

It would be several minutes of internal frustration for darvin as the Rau failed him, meaning this language was either made-up or something beyond the rau's capability. How all the frustration he felt about it was kept inside, instead his cool and calm demeanor never changed and he merely put the ledger down and turned back to the toa, eyes running over him

"I am glad you are enjoying what I had prepared, eat as much as you like, afterall it is not often i am able to share food with visitors, mostly i just leave the scraps for the rahi."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC:Drogen

Mangaia.....

Somehow, Drogen knew this to be Mangaia.

He walked for a full hour down this path until he came upon a cavernous cavern.

Evil

Strange, these things kept popping up in his memory. Parts of his past? Maybe, but thoughts of these things would have to wait for later, because at the opposite side of the room, from the continuation of the main tunnel, emerged three beings, one black, one silver, and one white.

Rahkshi.

Every part of the Toa inside recoiled at these monsters. But these were what he hated, these were what he was here to annihilate. These caused his hate. He would tear their heads off and sell them as trophies. He would take their stave's and nail them to the wall outside of this cave.

So, Drogen walked out, into the sight of the Rahkshi, fury burning in his eyes.

"RAHSKSHI!!!" Drogen howled. The yell echoed throughout the cave, "MEET YOUR DESTROYER!!!!"

The Rahkshi hissed welcoming the battle. Again, Drogen recoiled from them, but his anger perpetuated his attitude, and a hiss would not befell him. The silver Rahkshi struck first, sending a bolt of electricity. Inexplicably, Drogen dodged the blast. How he did this, he did not know, but he didn't care. The the white one sent a wave of white energy hurtling at Drogen, but again he dodged. It must have been the mask. A Mask of Dodging? Worked for him.

But now, it was his turn to attack, he sent a fist of earth hurtling at the silver Rahkshi, and sent up spikes of earth to temper the path of the white Rahkshi. But where was the black one...................?

Suddenly, Drogen was grabbed from behind. At first, nothing happened, but then, he noticed his earth spikes begin to subside, and his energy slid from him. He turned and  saw the black Rahkshi. With all his might he scream out on the cave, echoing through the six Dark Walk tunnels.

"HEEELLLPPPP!!"

OOC:Er, Drogen could perhaps use a little help, please.......

Edited by Onua39

IC Ira

Flames erupted around Drogen and the gathered Rahkshi, illuminating the cavern for a split second. If the assembled beings would turn their head, they would see a black and red toa, armed with a leaf-shaped sword that was glowing with heat. The flames perished instantly as they had nothing to gorge themselves on; not so with this second barrage, as IRA hurled a flask of vegetable oil at the black Rahkshi (Vorahk, right?) before resuming his first assault.

Ira had departed Blackrock on a foraging mission at the behest of his fellow cultists. He had no particular goal except for the collection of various plants and minerals; however, he had caught wind of a certain stone that could only be found deep within the lair of the Makuta. So he had entered the Dark Walk, braving the dangerous tunnels only to stumble upon this place.

"This might not be the best idea," he mumbled to himself. With Basaka left behind (the zombie was becoming increasingly uncontrollable), he had no meat shield to protect him as he lay on the fire; he would have to dance by himself this time. He was gambling on one factor: with their master gone, the Rahkshi were no more than animals. And animals dreaded fire.

OOC: Here to help. What's the white Rahk?

IC: As Drogen's assailants reeled, falling back in the face of the blaze, a veritable hurricane of chakram descended upon the sable enemy. Their presumable thrower advanced from the Le-Wahi Dark Walk, fingers on a pair of trenchant axes. Her scoped regard whirred to concentrate on the counterattack's target.

"Down, boy," she muttered through a mouthful of beef, cheese, and bun.

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC Ira

"My name is Krohda," Ira replied, using the civilian alias he had been using up until he joined the Brotherhood of Ak'rei'an; there wouldn't be any link. "And who are you?" he asked Drogen, before noticing the beef and cheese eating newcomer. "And you...?" He hurled some fireballs at the back and silver Rahkshi.

Edited by Last Son Amakusa

IC: Mars spared a microsecond's glance for the others. There was such a thing as too much professionalism, after all. "Taua," she said easily, spitting a few crumbs on the floor. Her blades were ready. "You?"

Edited by Mordor Vehicle

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC:Drogen
“Krohda, eh?” Drogen said, “I‘m Drogen.”

The Earth Toa took a ‘shot’ at the silver Rahkshi, binding it to the ground with earth. The silver staff fell from its hand. Then, Drogen walked over to it. The silver Rahkshi hissed at him, but could do nothing but that. Drogen wheeled back and with his sword-saw and thrust it into the Rahkshi’s head plate, piercing the Kraata. Then, his tore the Kraata out and thrust it on the ground. It still squirmed, so he chopped it in half.

Then it stopped.

Drogen snatched up the staff and turned to Krohda. “Could I sell this for anything?”

IC (Echelon)

By the time this fight of Toa against Rahkshi began, the gathering in Mangaia's deep hall had departed. Not even the broken pieces of Ishi's Volo Lutu remained to mark their erstwhile presence.

OOC: Echelon and others to Ko-Wahi. Thought it was time we moved on...

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

OOC: Are the other two Rahkshi still around?

IC: Vaisaga

"Very few places will buy such staves," said an androgynous voice from the direction of the Ga-koro Dark Walk.

In the last few months, Vaisaga had split with his erstwhile partner for the time being, with the two having chosen to go their own ways instead of journeying together around the island. The Toa of Air had preferred a more ... dangerous and risky life, and as such they had parted until the next time they would meet. And so he had found himself within the Dark Walk, his body prepared for anything that could strike from the shadows. Even now, he was careful, weapons at the ready if he were to be attacked.

Blades at the ready, the androgynous Toa made his careful approach.

The bark-clad Toa nodded, smiling a little bit on his stiff mask. Acts of charity toward Rahi, intended as such or not, always sat well with him. And both the tea and muffins were delicious. The thought that he ought to repay his hospitality in some way crossed his mind, but he didn't know how he ought to, or even how to convey his intention.

He stopped after his third muffin, not wanting to overeat, and looked out the window, to the red grass of the Kini just in sight.

OOC: I don't know when I'll next be able to reply.

Edited by Mj. Spoilers

BZPRPG Profiles

IC Ira

"Ah," Ira muttered. "Wait, why wouldn't they draw a profit?" Ira asked, drawing on his very basic knowledge of economics. "Supply is low, they're hard to get, they're good weapons... Is it the stigma attached to them? Kinda like poisonous minerals..."