BZPRPG - Kini-Nui

Nuju Metru

IC: Lunefeld

Lunefeld had dealt with enough sociopaths and self-absorbed twits in his time. None were as good as Lunefeld, of course, so they were merely arrogant.

This Hakann, though... This was a whole new level. He practically worshipped himself.

Any loss of self-respect was worth the reward. Besides, Hakann would ask for more. A lot more. This was only he beginning.

Lunefeld placed his staff on the ground and knelt.

"You have my allegiance and obedience."

He suddenly had an idea to weed out the competition.

"If I may, you wish to see devotion. Anyone can kneel before you. Surely that is far from a stringent test of loyalty. Ask of us something that only the most determined would do."

OOC: EDIT: To settle Natogreavesy's troubled mind (sorry m8 :P) and to clarify to Darkon, Lunefeld totally meant sending them out to do stuff and destroy stuff and stuff. Not kill each other stuff.

Of course, Lash wouldn't know that, and she would be totally in her rights to get at Lunefeld. I know I would, the way he said that.

Edited by Norik Of Celtania
  • Upvote 1

OOC: Why Norik? Just... why? Thanks for clarifying... about the stuff... 

IC: Lash.

For a few seconds after Lunefeld knelt, there was silence, all eyes turning towards the fourth being, who was still standing. Then Lunefeld spoke up once more: "If I may, you wish to see devotion. Anyone can kneel before you. Surely that is far from a stringent test of loyalty. Ask of us something that only the most determined would do." Lash bit back a flurry of angry insults. What was this guy's problem? If Hakann made the four of them fight again, she was going to make sure Lunefeld died first, and she had a feeling that some of the others might help her with that. 

But Lash still didn't say anything. She was quickly learning that with Hakann, speaking your mind was a bad decision.

Maybe a lesson that Lunefeld would soon learn? She hoped so.

Edited by NatoGreavesy

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Kavala

(Mangaia):

Kavala was enraged behind his cool exterior. How could this Skakdi demand him to bow down before him? He paid allegiance to no one but the Makuta. He had come down here to offer his services in exchange of power, not find himself a new icon of worship.

Unlike Aurum and Lash who had kneeled to Hakann and Lunefeld who was trying another approach, Kavala remained silent, watching and listening.

IC: Lash

Once again, silence fell in the dank, near-unlit tunnel. Lash gently pulled back one of her hands and picked out the red light-stone out of her belt pouch, placing it the dirt before her, to help illuminate her surroundings a little better. Hakann seemed not to notice, or perhaps he didn't care. In the blood-red light, his crimson skin appeared even more nightmarish, and his eyes burned like indiscriminate coals. It was impossible to tell what he was thinking, but Lash had a few ideas, solely based on how she would react if their roles were reversed. 

Perhaps he was musing over Lonefeld's cryptic suggestion, or maybe he was focusing on Kavala, who remained silent, still standing.

Defiant. 

Lash stayed kneeling, but she was tensed, ready to spring at moment's provocation. There was a feeling in the air, like anticipation, but not the good kind; she could feel it, everyone could. Whatever happened next would decide all of their fates.

So she waited, with bated breath, to find out what that happening would be... 

Edited by NatoGreavesy

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: Did Hakann devour a dictionary? I had to double-check a thesaurus to make sure I interpreted his instructions correctly.

OOC: Hakann suffers from what I like to refer to as grandiose delusions of eloquence; it's a substantial result of his extreme narcissism. Think De Niro's Max Cady and his fascination with terminology.

-IC:-

They kneel in succession, an almost painfully resentful genuflection. Requests for special privilege and imperious propositions are issued, but I do not answer; my attention is focused entirely on the standing Toa.

My smile transfixed, I stride slowly, calmly. The shadows behind him ripple, issuing a fleeting glimmer of red. His breathing is slow, steady; apprehension tangible.

"Kneel."

Three blades move furtively from behind, resting gently on the dorsum and articulatio genus. Their power can be felt, subtle and patient.

OOC: Those would be Rahkshi, right behind Kavala.

Edited by L'Etranger

pNNgXax.jpg

OOC: Thanks for clarifying about Hakann. It makes so much more sense now that you've explained it. Cheers.

Lash became even more tense, if that was even possible. The silence was almost deafening. She couldn't stand it anymore. She raised her head to glare at Kavala, who was still standing, steadfast and defiant. Was he crazy, or stupid, or both? If he didn't back down right now, someone might get their heart ripped out after all. All of the anger that had moments before been directed at Lonefeld was now focused on Kavala. 

But that anger vanished when she turned her gaze back towards Hakann, his blood-red face coldly impassive, as always.

Somehow, that made him all the more terrifying. 

Edited by NatoGreavesy

OOC: Which part in the post refers to Rahkshi?

IC Kavala

(Mangaia):

Kavala breathed slowly, doing his best to remain completely emotionless on the outside. He knew well that Hakann was not a being to mess around with, but he could not help but feel there was some trick to this... that as soon as he would kneel, he would have made a mistake that denied him the treasures of the Vault forever.

Kavala stared Hakann right into his gleaming red eyes. They spelled out an obvious threat, silent but determined. Kavala had sought Hakann out of his own free will, but he might never leave the same way. Was this really worth a few gadgets from Makuta's Vault?

But it is.

Kavala was often full of pride, but he was smart enough to know when he had to compromise on his dignity to achieve something greater.

"Makuta let you into his secrets", Kavala said silently, kneeling down and painfully swallowing his pride. "For that I kneel."

Lash let out a slightly-too-audible sigh of relief. All of the tension seemed to drain out of the air as Kavala knelt before Hakann. The three Rahkshi, wraithed in darkness, hovered menacingly behind him, weapons still leveled at his back. 

Surely the crazy skakdi was happy now? Lash hoped so, because she had nothing left to give. She'd surrendered herself, thrown her life at Hakann's mercy. What happened to her next was up to him. She would agree to help him, for now, but first chance she got, she'd find herself someone less... unstable... to follow. Surely Hakann wasn't the only one of the Piraka still down here. One of them might prove to be more amiable, or at least less likely to kill her simply for the fun of it. 

She remained crouched, hands still gripping her weapons, eyes downcast once more, waiting for Hakann's next words. 

OOC: And THAT is why I want my own enslaved Rahkshi. So much fun. 

Edited by NatoGreavesy

OOC: "Three blades move furtively from behind, resting gently on the dorsum and articulatio genus. Their power can be felt, subtle and patient." As I'm sure you've guessed, the three blades were the ends of their staves.

I extend my silence, allowing the Onu-Toa to appreciate his situation. As he kneels, the blades alter their positioning, moving from the genus to the calcaneal tendons, from the dorsum to the cervical vertebrae. Death would begin with the excruciating severing of the tendons, for which no feasible resistance is imaginable.

"I requested you kneel in my presence. If we are to speak of the great Makuta," My speech is dilatory and paradoxically assuaging as I lay a singular finger on his brow, shadowed eyes unreadable and smile meaningless. "Prostrate yourself, at mention of glory. You occupy hallowed ground."  

pNNgXax.jpg

IC:

Hakann. A loose cannon that has an admiration for itself. A beast that targets anyone that dares desecrate the holy entity that is himself. A person, so in love, and so arrogantly prideful of all that is him, him and him, that he will not allow any equal of his to exist.

How pitiful.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC Kavala

(Mangaia):

Kavala obliged, suppressing any thoughts of assault or manifestation of rage. For most beings on the island, what Kavala did would have been impossible simply due to the sheer humiliation and loss of dignity involved. To Kavala, all that mattered was being closer to Makuta, his Master, who had chosen him to become a Toa so long ago. If lying face down in the dirt for this crimson, vile Skakdi was what Makuta wanted of him, he would do it.

OOC: The Rahkshi's (plural) staves (also, both Achilles tendons, though it hardly matters due to this post).

As he submits, my visage remains impassive. The blades slowly retract into the darkness, silent and obedient. I believe I have elucidated him as to his position; it is time to continue in bartering. I turn to face the others.

"You have all displayed humility and discernment. Excellent," I stride into the midst of them, gaze slowly observing their presented expressions and mannerisms. "but not completely satisfactory. You must all prove your calibre as mercernaries," I pause, my smile subsiding into dispassion. "But not immediately. A display of trust, on my part; this relationship is not unilateral. Explain the intricacies of your desires, the structure of your machinations. Enlighten me. Attempting deception would not be wise."

OOC: Alrighty, Hakann's properly fed his absolutely monstrous ego, so let's get things moving: start the PM discussions of what you want (I believe I already described to all of you how Hakann works, sooo~).

pNNgXax.jpg

IC

Toa Joske

Chapter One: Crystals, Temples, Secrets... oh my.

The pointed conversation was the break I had been looking for, maneuvering myself to the back of the trio. We were still fairly close together, not to mention I was the one with the lightstone, but now I was no longer in direct view of the two.

Now is my chance.

Slowly and silently I pulled out my iStone, taking one last look at the maps. Yes, not everything was correct, but those last two turnarounds were done on purpose; I had to make sure that the secret passages shown still existed, so I walked into supposedly "random" dead ends to confirm this. I had come closer than I had wanted to with company, but the distance to the Vault was still great enough I could do what I needed to and get out before they are anyone could find me again - I wasn't ready yet to compromise my mission with tag-alongs. It was Cael though who so pointedly reminded me that I indeed might need to, probably sooner than I wanted. Unity was one of the Three Virtues, something I needed to constantly remind myself.

But not here, not now, not with this present company. As the Lesterin continued talking I started to slow my walk, seizing the opportunity.

"I come down here little, let me say."

With a faint glow I activated my mask, and with barely a whisper I was gone, like a ghost in the night, only a lightstone suspended in midair any proof that I was there.

"Many memories come back, down in Mangaia. I find sometimes I must come down to reflect upon them."

I ran backwards, retracing my steps to a certain fork, then took a hard left as I barreled towards a dead end, jumping to the floor and sliding feet-first to the wall, slipping underneath just barely as I passed through a disguised hole to the other side. Meanwhile the lightstone continued to fall, the shift of the light now perceptible to the others.

"It's fine, me taking the front. I've walked these tunnels before, but I will admit I haven't been quite near the vault-"

The last word caught in his throat as he turned his head looking back, seeing a free-falling lightstone with no bearer. Without breaking stride I zipped down a series of corridors to another apparent dead end, twisting a circular stone on a nearby wall. With a cascade of dust and rocks is lifted slowly, permitting me to resume my run unhindered, the wall grinding downwards behind me.

The lightstone hit ground, bouncing off the cracked and uneven floor.

Lantz, didn't much care for that guy. But that Lesterin, Arvin? Arvun? Yes, Arvun. I kinda liked him. Maybe one day I'll be able to explain what happened.

I continues to zig zag down the halls at break-neck speed, hoping a random Rahkshi didn't decide to step out of its hole for a breath of fresh air...

After several minutes I slowed to a jog, at the end of my memory of the local layout the map provided. Besides, I was close enough now that I could-

"Whoa!"

I gasped in surprise as I almost lost my footing, a sudden slope in the tunnel downwards caused me to nearly lose my footing. I could feel in the darkness a better flow of air - I could only assume I had made it to the entrance of the lowest part of Kini-Nui: the Vault room.

I waited a few moments for my voice to echo away, holding my breath as I did so, waiting to see if there was any response. If there were Rahkshi down here, some other animal, or something worse, I would hear a response...

... but nothing happened. Shakily I exhaled, partially relieved. At least there was nothing in this part of the chamber. Drawing out my sword I clasped it with both hands, concentrating hard. After a moment there was a flicker of light, and after another moment the sword began to glow softly, illuminating the space around me.

Now that I could actually see, it was surprisingly sparse; amazingly, there was nothing in here save the main attraction. Raising the crystal flamberge with one hand I reverently approached the Vault door - a huge, impregnable doorway with no hinges, seams, or even a keyhole - situated here in the middle of the deepest levels of Mangaia. Pulling the glowing sword closer, which strangely wasn't as bright as I thought it should have been, I traced my fingers over the inscription, reading the infamous riddle with my own eyes for the first time.

Across an endless ocean
Beyond where minds can see
My key lies in the open
Where you will never be
Beneath the brightest thunder
Stand towers of the day
The light may break asunder
If night skies choose obey
The red sign on black eyes
Will lead you to your prize

"Whoever wrote that is a Master Riddler." I muttered softly, shaking my head. As much as I wanted to study and marvel at this piece of stunning architecture I had other priorities, such as-

"Hellooo, what's this?"

As I had turned around something in the center of the room caught my eye, something that despite its apparent size I had not noticed earlier in the darkness. I was a rising pillar of stone and earth, surrounding it a steeply spiraling staircase twisting upwards like a screw from the floor. Raising my weapon and squinting I looked at the ceiling; the stair ended at a... no, in a... huh?

A hole?

It took a few seconds for all this information to compute, but I suddenly had a revelation. A secret entrance to the Vault? One that went up and over through the ceiling... I traced and invisible line across the ceiling to above the Vault door... then stopped.

Wait; hidden opening secret entrance... and a staircase that leads to it!? I am not the first one to make it inside.

This... this is not good.

Gripping my weapon with a deathgrip I slowly began the ascent, the light of the weapon guiding my steps, wondering what I would find on the other side...

OOC: take it awaaaayyyy Nuju! :D

Edited by Friar Tuck

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

IC:

A roar filled the tunnels as anger and hate coursed through Lantz' being. 

"Do you have an idea what you've done?" Lantz yelled. "That Toa had a map of this place! Perhaps even hints on how to open that darned Vault! Now I must bumble around these tunnels with a madman as a guide, and even should I make it into the Vault Joske will have had his choice of the treasure. And it's all your fault!"

The air grew tense, heavy. The Toa of Gravity seemed to be radiating his powers as loose chips in the rocks fell to the ground and Arvun began to sag. Then it stopped.

Lantz breathed deeply, suppressing the anger.

"I'm sorry. But if we're going to catch up to him we'd best hurry. Let's get going, shall we?"

Lantz picked up the lighstone Joske had dropped and broke off into a run. He stopped nearly fifty feet ahead of the Lesterin, rolling his eyes. He raised an arm, concentrating. A few seconds later both he and Arvun felt lighter, the pull of gravity on them less than half of what it was before. 

"There, now we'll move  faster. But we must move!"

He continued running.

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

Ooc: from ta-wahi...

Ic:

The two (technically three) toa journeyed through the darkness, the fusion glanced about in the darkness. Sulov knew what he was doing, but the two couldn't help but feel fear. Like this place was cursed... And tightly so, considering how most of these tunnels were made by rahkshi.

"Creepy..."

"It's only creepy because we can't see that well," Arden explained. Their conversations had strayed into the verbal realm once more, much to her disappointment.

IC: (Arvun/Mangaia)

To say he had a bad feeling about this was saying little of what Arvun felt. He quietly reminded himself that he was now trapped in Mangaia with a avarice-infected, and most likely hostile Toa. A Toa, he thought, had also alerted most everything in a near-mile radius that they were there. Arv furthermore had no idea where he was. And if he didn't follow Lantz, he'd be trapped in these tunnels without light, and a limited number of supplies to keep him alive. If the Rahkshi didn't get him first. So, he came to the conclusion that he had no choice but to trail the light in front of him.

Either that, or he'd likely starve down here. And Arv reckoned he'd rather discover what the vault had in it, and die with the knowledge before being killed by cultists. Or escape, he really hoped the vault had a magic exit of some kind. As his feet pounded down the stone in pursuit of the Ba-Toa, His traveled legs carried him fast, but still a wide gap lay between the two. His focus went to the now, paying attention to Lantz's steps, the noise around his moving body, the increasingly cooler temperature. His mind was filled with both drive and an increasing sense of dread.

He never wished to see his former master's lair, even when the Makuta was in power. Now, heaven knew what lie in his absence.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC Kavala

(Mangaia):

Kavala was glad to be done with the humiliating rituals. It was time to get to business, which was why he was here.

"I am not aware of what lies in the Vault, but I am able to make use of whatever I am given", Kavala said. "Let me prove my value to you. Give me whatever you feel best and tell me what to do with it."

OOC: Using the airport's free wifi. Sorry if my prose kind of sucks, I'm utterly jet-lagged. 

"I've heard some interesting things about your vault." Lash tentatively stood. "I hear there is a vast repository of a material known as Antidermis, which has particularly piqued my interest. As a Vortixx, I have no use for masks, and I've seen enough fancy technology to last me a lifetime, but this Antidermis is something I've never heard of before. I'm curious to see what it can do. If, when you return to the vault, you would show me the way in, so that I may see this antidermis for myself and negotiate with whoever may be willing to give it me, I would be most... grateful." She kept her eyes down while she spoke, not daring to meet Hakann's hellish gaze, maintaining a tone or reverence with a slight undertone of respectful fear. 

Hopefully that would be enough to convince the crazy skakdi to let her into the vault. 

OOC:  Hey Friar Tuck.  Mind if Ahkmou and Takua say hi?

IC: Ishi Polzin, Mangaia and The Vault (a day before the Ko-Koro Assault, with permission of Ghosthands)

Joske's flickering light illuminated the figure of a matoran idly resting on the curved stairwell, his legs crossed and spread across the length of a step.  He was deep in the pages of a small, black leather-bound notebook; a little lightstone held by a string around his head illuminated the pages with a soft yellow glow.  As the approaching footsteps echoed through Mangaia Ishi looked up from Ahkmou's diary and took note of the approaching toa.  The days traveling with Echelon, meeting the Piraka, and listening to the ravings of his dark companions had brought a wariness to the informant's gaze, and with a quick perception he deduced what he could.  

A toa of fire wearing a kakama climbing the stairs meant either an ill intending criminal or a naive adventurer come to visit the Abettor, a creature now bent to the will of Zaktan.  Beyond the kakama were the blue eyes and strong physique of an athlete, and then the colors of the armor.  The most striking and helpful detail was the sword, a pale flamberge of crystal glowing with its own luminescence.  A toa of fire had carried such a weapon into Po-Koro once, and stayed in the Massif for longer.  Ishi closed his mismatched eyes to think for a moment, rooting through the information in his mind palace stored from whispers, letters, and spies.

"You must be...  Nimil."  Ishi said opening them again even as he closed his journal with a thud.  It was then apparent his fingers were missing, hands nothing more than flippers, and yet the hilt of a knife peeked out from below his right armpit.  The Hapaka gave gave a low nod as if to approve of his own statement, the white tip of his kanohi kaukau bobbing comedically in the near dark.  "Nimil as in Joske...  Joske Nimil.  Yes?"

IC: That sounded like a response...I guess they must be talking aloud and in their head. I thought guards knew to be quiet, but I didn't realize that their dual nature would cause a problem. I turn and put one finger before my mouth.

We get back to moving. Ten seconds takes us to Dark Walk junction.

The trip's too great to be finished today. Let's take a break. I know a place, big enough for us and defensible.

I turn towards the tunnel leading to the complex and start walking.

"Do you have an idea what you've done? That Toa had a map of this place! Perhaps even hints on how to open that darned Vault! Now I must bumble around these tunnels with a madman as a guide, and even should I make it into the Vault Joske will have had his choice of the treasure. And it's all your fault!"

That shout, followed by more echoes, changes things.

Every Rahkshi for kio was just drawn to this area. We'd do best hunkering down. With other people running around, we've got to consider what's best for them. We're guaranteed neither safety nor success, but I think we have to try. That means finding these guys.

I flick my fingers back at the Toa, drawing them behind me. Then I stalk into the Mangaia double-time and alert for anything not normal.

No one is dying today.

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

Ic:

Luckily for sulov, they got the messages.

'What's this about a vault? We were never briefed about a vault,' Aeolus complained to Arden, who just visibly rolled her eyes in response.

'That's because nobody knew much about it rahi bones!' She thought back, beginning to become visibly flustered.

'Hey! Who told you that you could be in charge! It's my day to be in control!' Aeolus objected, the toa beginning to wobble as the two spirits vied for control.

'Knock it off idiot! We're doing something important for a change, and you're making us look like an incompitant child.'

'Please, you just want to cozy on up to a nice powerful village guardian and-'

Arden slapped herself rather than letting Aeolus finish that thought, looking very embarrassed when sulov glanced at the unwanted sound.

"Sorry..." She whispered softly, "he was being rude again..."

IC

Toa Joske

"You must be...  Nimil." said the being, his eyes opening as he closed his journal with a solid thud.  I suddenly noticed in the dim light that his fingers were missing, his hands no more than flippers, but in the movement I caught the flash of the hilt of a knife that peeked out from below his right armpit.  I watched as he gave a low nod as if to approve of his own brilliant statement, the white tip of his Kanohi Kaukau bobbing comedically in the near dark. "Nimil as in Joske...  Joske Nimil.  Yes?"

I felt my entire body just droop as I stood planted on the stairs. Why? I can't seem to go anywhere without bumping into someone who not only seemed to know me, but no matter where I went, even when trying to be alone, POOF, there was someone else!

Because you're a former sports superstar and supposed hero of the Battle for Kini-Nui, you dolt!

Shaddup.

Mildly exasperated I raised my flamberge, the glowing sword giving me more light to see this individual who called me out by name. Yes, he was a Matoran, from Po-Wahi if the colors I was seeing were right. He was of about average height and lithe, kinda hard to see in this light, though I noticed it seemed as though his muscled were enhanced... he looked more athletic and strong for even his own sub-species. At first I thought it was some kind of steroids, but after another moment I deduced it was not the case; it was unlike anything I had ever seen, and if there was one thing I knew, it was athletic body shape and how to get it. Musing over this I continued to look him over, and to my complete surprise he had asymmetrically colored eyes - the left glacial blue, the right an interesting burnt orange. To further my surprise his colors were off now that my eyes were adjusting properly again, his skin black and gray with undertones of tan, slowly fading to a snowy white at the top of his Kaukau. Finally my gaze was drawn to his hands, all his fingers looking like they were burned off, leaving his hands like flippers.

I... I had never seen anyone like him. It was like he was almost... unnatural?

"Yessssss... ?" I finally answered, tilting my head sideways and speaking in more of a question to him than a direct answer. It never ceased to amaze me who I met and where I met them, though right now this was possibly the most inopportune time, this Matoran sitting lazily on a stone staircase that CLEARLY did not belong... gah!

Nothing here made sense. Everything didn't make sense. I was really beginning to think everyone was right and that I WAS actually insane.

Why did Stannis shove me through his mask again? Ah yes, probably Karma. We never really saw eye to eye anyway.

One day Stannis, the joke will be on you. And on that day I will laugh like it was the last laugh the universe will ever hear.

Snapping back to reality I focused my attention on the little one, wondering if he was going to tell me why he was reading a book in the dark in the most dangerous and lonely and isolated spot on the island.

Ok, so maybe I am NOT the most insane person on the island.

Just second-most.

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

IC: Ishi Polzin, Mangaia (on the stairs to the Abettor's lair)

In the mixing light sources they summed each other up.  Joske with his elegant blue flamberge and Ishi with his little yellow lightstone.  Joske seemed weather-worn, as if after completing some monumental task he was suddenly informed of another even more pressing trial.  It was the same stress Ishi saw in Ambages eyes or when he looked in a mirror, and yet even reading it proved difficult in the present case due to the light pouring from Joske's eyes, as if the warrior's very soul was shining through.  Ishi found it hard to look at them and shifted his gaze to the rest of the toa.  Something in him felt violated by their brightness.

Joske Nimil was an athlete in his prime.  His armor complimented the fact, favoring small interlocking components instead of bulkier plates, and the red of his sub-species was decorated in gold and silver trim.  Even the kakama was gold.  Ishi couldn't help but wonder if Joske could remotely hide in a crowd.  Then again, he wasn't exactly one to talk. 

"In that case it's a pleasure to meet you, Joske.  You don't mind first name basis do you?  I'd shake your hand but,"  Ishi paused to stare at his hands before giving a sheepish smile, "That's not really an option, is it?"

There was a momentary lull as the gravity of the situation sank in for Ishi.  Here he was sitting on the stairs between Joske Nimil and the Abettor, let alone the rest of the nasties lingering in Mangaia.  Most left earlier for Echelon's grand plan to take Ko-Koro, the mass of warriors moving through the Dark Walk as loudly as they dared without arousing the suspicion of feral rahkshi.  Ishi stayed behind for his own reasons, but planned to catch up in time for the real festivities.  He had a few plans of his own, after all.  If Joske was here, then...  things had suddenly become quite deadly.  Of course, the reason for why wasn't yet set in stone.

"You here for Mr. We Do Not Eat upstairs?"  Ishi asked, jabbing a palm in the direction of where the Abettor waited.  "Word of warning: don't call them out on family issues or their dietary plan.  I got thrown out the hole.  They're a really sensitive sextet come to find out."

He stopped for a second, realizing he'd forgotten something important.  

"Oh, and in case you're wondering who'd be insane enough to read a book in Mangaia, feel free to call me Ahkmou."

IC

Toa Joske

Ah yes. Comedian, local guide, AND mind-reader.

Wonderful!

The sarcasm in my thoughts was almost audible, and only the seriousness of the situation before me kept me from devolving into snark. Doing everything I could not to roll my eyes, I took a moment to digest what the little Matoran just told me.

"Ahkmou? Well, it's a pleasure to meet you... I guess?" I ventured slowly, keeping my glowing sword between us. "I was not expecting anyone this close to the Vault, let alone lounging around on a set of mysterious stairs reading a strange book... in pitch darkness."

I smiled a humorless grin. "Now if you refer to 'Mr. We Do Not Eat upstairs' as the fabled guardian to the Vault, then yes, that is who I seek and where I am going. As for the other tidbits... thanks?" I cocked my head sideways, unsure how to approach or handle this new character. He seemed harmless enough and in fact helpful, if not in an odd way of explaining things. Still, if I could manage a way past the guardian I didn't exactly want witnesses. I smiled again, this time with a little more jocularity.

"Soooo you think you can scoot over a bit? These stairs aren't exactly the widest or safest I've seen, and it will be hazardous for both of us of I tried to step over you as you are."

• Upvote 1

IC: Ishi Polzin, Mangaia (stairs to Abettor's Lair)

"If you plan on visiting the Abettor as you are I recommend a better plan: don't."  Ishi's voice was surprisingly calm.  "Things have changed for the darker since last rumors exited into the light of day.  If you value your god more than your life, go back to civilization, pick up a kohlii stick, and try to get a division for toa started.  With luck you might be a champion again and could finally settle down for good, not some short respite in The Massif but a real proper retirement after being a paragon of the virtues in the ring.  Otherwise you're only asking to get ground into meal, literally.  I know a guy who'd be happy to do it."  He shook his head slowly.  Whatever Joske was planning, coming alone into Mangaia at the moment was suicide.  A part of Ishi liked the thought of him being defeated in his Master's home, and if he'd been assured in his success he might have moved to strike with his own blade.  The more neutral part wanted Joske to live long enough to see Ko-Koro in ruins.  Angering the hero would only feed fuel to the fire of chaos.  Besides, a Joske alive meant more knowledge to learn than a corpse ripped to pieces by Hakann.  Ishi'd heard a few things.

Ishi stood up and deftly slipped the loop of the drawstring bag across his shoulder.  Instead of moving to one side, however, he positioned himself in the middle, left hand held out from his side at chest height with the palm facing Joske, as if to say stop.  Instead, what more than likely caught the toa's attention was the scar in the shape of an 'X' on the palm.  "Sorry firespitter but I can't let you pass.  We stand, Joske, in the middle of a great conflict between light and darkness.  Of course you've taken your side of the argument and I've injected mine, but that doesn't mean we can't be civil about this.  Turaga Onewa treated me fair enough despite my allegiances.  I don't see why I can't return the favor, if only once..."  

He trailed off for a moment, knowing full well if Joske wanted to he'd easily push past and knock Ishi to the floor.  It wasn't too far away, but the impact would still hurt and the thought of falling twice in one week wasn't pleasant.  

"Besides, I'm curious about you... there're all the rumors about the legendary Joske Nimil.  That he defeated Echelon with a hammer of light -- who I can assure you is alive and well so obviously you did a poor job of it -- and paved the way for the Maru to defeat Makuta.  That he traveled in the company of criminals, murderers, and cops.  That he stormed a holding of evil and then... disappeared.  Where have you been, I wonder, while the world has slipped into our hands?"

Edited by Kughii
  • Upvote 2

Power, influence, arms,” my smile remains frigid, ivory juxtaposed upon crimson shadow. “How perspicacious. I shall grant all these upon you, and provide the opportunity for the accumulation of so very much more.” I gesture to the shivering darkness. The shadows shudder (the sound of stone being carved) and then fall silent, understanding in their obeisance.

My gaze falls on the Vortixx. “Follow me. As for the remainder of you,” my smile momentarily gains seemingly genuine satisfaction. “I shall return.

The shadows consume us, our footsteps soon ebbing into silence.

Before we begin,” My voice forms within the shadows, without apparent origin. I reappear behind the assemblage, laden with enigmatic treasures. “A reminder. If anyone makes an offer on my life, I do not expect you, as mercenaries, to ignore it. As such, I offer the double of any propsition against my interests. I am charitable to the loyal.” Lecture finished, I begin dispensing the sinister technology.

To the Onu-Toa, his initial impression the least, I provide a minute ellipse of metalline shadow. “Prove that when armed with even the most diluted of Makuta's confusion, you are still capable of sowing the seed of devastation. Return when you carry the heads of foes and the blood of commanders. Then, and only then, will the Vault's choicest prize be yours.” I shall let him decide the number of heads and the quantity of blood; before he has a chance to respond, I move to the next.

To the Toa of Magnetism, I impart a hefty contraption most useful. “Follow your fellow Makuta-worshippers, wherever they amass. Tell me of the foolish, the weak of faith; report to me the intricacies of all interactions. You are to be my senses in the distant shadows. Attempt deception,” The darkness rustles, excited and impatient. “And there will remain no visage for a Kanohi to rest upon.” My smile grows slightly dispassionate, and continue to the final being.

To the Skakdi, proud and unproven, I present a firearm, small but vicious in design. “For you, I choose the most delicate of missions; I shall discuss it in full detail momentarily.

All equipment given, and tasks decided, I stand before them, gaze stolid. “I expect the entirety of you to earn the gifts lavished upon you. If you are acute in your decisions, and adroit in your actions, then true power shall be bestowed. Go now, and salt the very earth upon which our opponents thrive.

OOC: Terribly sorry about how god-awful this post is; I'm extremely rushed. Anything not covered in this post will be discussed via PM.

• Upvote 3

pNNgXax.jpg

IC Kavala

(Mangaia):

Kavala bowed in a most respectful way and retreated back into the shadows.

While he waited for the others to follow, he looked at the small stone in his hand. If Hakann's information was correct, the stone was able to spread darkness over a wide area when exposed to force of any kind. It was not what Kavala had expected, nor was he entirely satisfied with it... but he would use it to the best of his abilities in order to acquire more secrets of the Vault. He spent a moment considering how unlucky it was for him that someone else than him had succeeded in opening the Vault first.

Kavala thought about his assignment as well. Hakann had demanded the heads and blood of Kavala's enemies... whoever he meant by that. This went against Kavala's nature as a schemer. Battle was not his strongest skill, though he did know something about deception and how it could bring victory in any fight. It would be time to put this skill to use.

Kavala considered where to start. The obvious option was the Rockwall, where Kavala had intended to create chaos in the first place. However, he knew that challening the entire fortress would be madness, even with Iegasa aiding him.

Oh yeah, Iegasa, Kavala thought. I wonder how he's proceeding with his task in the Rockwall.

Kavala was suddenly struck with an idea. He waited for the others to leave Hakann's presence and spoke to them: "We have all been entrusted with some of the Vault's treasures. My suggestion is that we work together to fulfill our tasks and dwell deeper into the Vault's treasures."

• Upvote 1

Walking alone, in the near dark, with only the terrifying crimson skakdi for company wasn't Lash's idea of fun. But if it meant she could get her hands on some of the mysterious antidermis, she was willing to grit her teeth and stay by Hakann's side. He was her only guide down here in the shadows, so she didn't have much choice anyway. 

As she walked, sticking close to Hakann, shirking away from his fiery gaze, Lash had only one thought: This antidermis had better be worth it...

Edited by NatoGreavesy

OOC: can we pls pull bzptime for this

and nato just join us and joi nthe fight as well

IC:

"And I know just the place," Aurum said in response to Kavala.

"There's an attack being mounted on Ko-Koro by an allied force between the Brotherhood of Ak'Rei'An and Legacy. I wouldn't doubt it if the Piraka knew as well. That's my direction for now; feel free to join me."

Edited by JL Zehvor

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC

Toa Joske

Curiouser and curiouser...

"Thank you for the warning, I DO greatly appreciate it, but I'll take my chances." I said quietly, noting the Matoran's movements and how he moved to block me. "Besides, I'm retired now, and I plan on keeping it that way. You're not the only one who seems to know... things."

I said that last word slowly. This Matroan was unlike any I had ever come across before, if not only for his apparent surplus of information. I had during my time away come to the realization that knowledge was power, that it could level the playing field in an instant, if not give the feeble-bodied a huge advantage. I could easily overpower him, we both knew it, but he had me hooked on this conversation. He was asking a lot of questions that I didn't care to answer, but it was clear he knew a lot of recent happenings, something I had a distinct lack of. Especially when he mentioned Echelon. And the growth of evil. Had things once again gone back to karzahni since my departure?

Well, at least we understood each other and the cards were on the table. I would be as honest as I could with him in the spirit of civility as he mentioned, but as an agent of them I would have to be careful what I revealed.

Oh the games we play. What fun!

"Ok, I'll bite. To your first comment yes, I did give him a good thrashing with a hammer made out of solid light - a temporary gift and power from Mata-Nui so to speak. Alive? Well, the point was to never kill him but to take him out of commission for a while. To that end I succeeded quite well if it's taken him this long to recover and regroup, though after what you have described to me I am beginning to have second thoughts about my earlier choice. Paved the way to Makuta's defeat? Yes, I'll take credit for that too, but as you said it was the Maru who did the heavy lifting and laid the final blow. In the company of criminals, murderers, and cops you say? Guilty on all charges, except you forgot to add 'doctors, thugs, and assorted rif-raf' to that list."

I grinned momentarily. Admitting all these things was actually refreshing. My tone wasn't prideful or haughty, but I guess I was say satisfied in well-earned accomplishments, if not also that they were some pretty fond memories. As quickly as the grin came it left however as I started to answer the remaining queries.

"My disappearance is somewhat of a misconception... everyone seems to think that I vanished right after the battle. Technically that's true, but what really happened was that I was at the Massif for some time tending to my wounds, both visible and not-so-much. It was here, in his home city, that Stannis sought me out, and once my wounds were healed enough he... sent me away."

Again I spoke the end of that sentence slowly; I was at the limit of how much I was willing to speak. "Where I went and what I did is my own business, as much as you and everyone else wants to know. There were reasons, not all perfect, but it was for a purpose. And you misunderstand - the world hasn't slipped into your hands; that implies that you lost it in the first place. That hasn't happened; not yet. All that has transpired is but a brief and well-deserved respite from villainy like the ones you follow. But it's coming. No one knows it yet, but its coming."

I focused my gaze on Ahkmou, letting my piercing blue eyes aid in the talking. "Remember this, little one; you can win every battle, and yet still lose the war. One day you will understand your own statement regarding this great conflict, but until then you and your allies are fighting over trinkets rather than what is really important. You're fighting to win the battles; I'm fighting to win the war." I leveled my sword at him, but I refrained from any additional hostile act.

"Now, would you mind telling me a bit about Echelon and his recent activities? Or do I get to attempt to move past you without injuring either of us?

• Upvote 1

IC: Ishi Polzin, Mangaia (staircase to the Abettor's Lair)

"Your sword is not impressive, and here I thought we might actually have something of a conversation without the looming threat of a far too sudden and violent end hanging over either of our heads."  He sighed, letting his hand drop to his side as his shoulders slumped in momentary disappointment.  It was moment before he spoke, but his words when they came were filled with what seemed a mixed drink of apathy. despair, and scientific curiosity.  

"Why is it everyone seems to like brandishing death?  Oh don't get me wrong, getting jailed, poisoned, stabbed, thrown down a shoot into a meat grinder or dungeon, I never really figured out which it was; or speared, starving, scarring, and general threats of bodily harm imposed on my mortality can be excellent incentive to talk.  Why, it feels like ages ago there was this one mark bearer... Labelle, yes, Sadism yes..." he muttered the toa's name as if trying to recall something particularly boring and he rubbed a palm across his lips in thought, "well, she got it into her head that I was being a little obstinate and just up and started water boarding me in Naho Bay while my shoulder was sprouting sparks."  He laughed.  "Pain is a nasty business, and I fear it really I do just about as much as joy or Ko-Koro winning a kohlii championship; but after so much all I can say Joske is that your crystal toothpick doesn't scare me.  Sorry."  

In accentuation Ishi reached forward, but before his palm was cut by the blade's razor tip he stopped and a tendril of darkness gathered, minute at first but steadily stronger until it took the shape of a thumb.  Getting as much took plenty of concentration, but with practice over the days since he'd gained the ability it was steadily becoming easier.  It poked against the blade but did not bleed.  If Joske wanted any secrets, the strange boon of the antidermis in the Informant's body would have been enough to keep his curiosity wet long enough not to strike.  Hopefully.

"In answer to your inquiry about Echelon, I'll happily tell you a few things if you let me hold your sword while we talk."  He saw the hesitation in Joske's light-filled eyes, which made sense now with knowledge of Joske's temporary powers.  "Now I promise not to swing it, but seeing you without something sharp in your hand that might give you, well, stupid ideas would make me a little happier.  The sword leveled at my chest doesn't scare me.  Where your hot-headed fire-spitter brain might go does.  I've always found an unarmed man is a far more civil man.  At the very least sheath it and have a seat.  I'd offer tea and something to eat, but obviously that'd be stupid in Mangaia, horrible place for a tea party.  Ignoring the fact I don't have any tea."  He muttered the last statement.

"In any case I'm sure you'll find me a far more amiable host than the Abettor. That thing just has to keep rotating its face so it can say hello repetitively until you're bored to death."

Edited by Kughii

IC Kavala

(Mangaia):

Kavala was slightly disappointed to hear Aurum's suggestion, but at the same time he became increasingly intrigued. Sure, he had wanted to take this group to destroy the Rockwall in the Kumu Islets, but... if there really was a battle for Ko-Koro going on, the stakes must be huge. Besides, the Rockwall could be destroyed later, when they had more power in their grasp.

I doubt Iegasa is even ready with his spying mission, Kavala thought.

"I am with you", Kavala said.

Ic:

Before Lantz and his guide ever reached the chamber, a bickering Aeolus turned around to talk to sulov once more, before walking right back into something that was moving forward. Most notably Arvun. The impact of which, knocked them to the ground.

Quickly turning on his back, the lantern cast a baleful shadow over the two strangers giving them a demonic look. Arden quickly took the opportunity to retake control before scooting away and jumping back onto her feet, superheated steam beginning to roll off her body.

"Uhhh... Hi?" She asked, gripping the knife given to her by sulov. She didn't know who these people were, but she knew one didn't just go for relaxing walks in the shadow of the mangaia. These were either honest travelers... Or something much, much more sinister.

IC: Lunefeld

As the other two Toa conversed, Lunefeld receives his instructions from Hakann, as well as a small handheld revolver. Its thick double barrels suggested a powerful close-range attack. He also received sufficient ammunition for his purposes.

The Toa turned and quickly made his way out of the cavern, taking the Dark Walk to his first target: Ta-Koro.

OOC: Lunefeld to Ta Koro.

Edited by Norik Of Celtania