BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Tivanu

Instead of a shrug, Tivanu rubbed at his chin, as if the motion would jolt his memory

"From what I could gather as I was escaping, it seems a bunch of makuta-followers attacked ko-koro in full force, and this wasn't just like a squadron, but they seemed to have had a full army. None the less Ko-koro was not prepared for the onslaught, and fell rather soon."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC: Khil'rayu (Ko-Koro)

A small smirk almost reaches my mouth. Almost. "The only source is inside Makuta's Vault, currently being handed out by the leader of the unbelieving Piraka- they are unworthy of the honour, but the Dark Lord's final creation was never meant to be confined inside a cave."

VBWj75sh.png

IC: (Mortem/Ko-Koro)

I turn to the toa who Khil'rayu is addressing, allowing the sickly green energy of my Gift play around my hand.

"Yes, but beware. If the Dark One does not find you worthy of a Gift, the Antidermis will consume your body and mind."

Kathok

IC: Transient and Marauder

"Man, this is boring, huh?"

Startled, Transient abruptly emerged from his concentrated state and turned to see who was talking to him. It was him.

"You!" Transient growled, reaching for the weapon at his hip. "How did you - why aren't you in your cell?"

The Skakdi known as Marauder shrugged and popped something into his mouth from a bag he held in his lap. They looked somewhat like Fikou legs...

"I was released, along with that other guy," Marauder was saying. "To watch the match. Though, nothing makes one lose his appetite then seeing - Enforcer, is it - roll around on the ground with another guy. Bleh."

Transient noted that despite his words, the Skakdi ate ravenously.

"Don't get too comfortable," he said menacingly. "You're going right back to your cell after the matches."

Marauder frowned. "Awww... but I wanna turn to roll around with a sweaty Vortixx!"

He giggled at himself. "Seriously, though - if you want me to go back to my cell after all of this is through, I hope you can survive your match to make me." 

The Onu-Toa stared at Marauder. "H-how did you know about that?"

The Ta-Skakdi shrugged and propped his feet up on the seat in front of him. "I don't know - maybe it's the horrified look on your face. Maybe I heard it from someone else. You'll never know, hehehe... but I'm rooting for you, mate - don't forget that."

Transient would've strangled Marauder right then and there, if only Zero was there to allow him. Instead, he harrumphed, scooted a bit away from Marauder, and went back to his musings.

Edited by Jakura Nuva
  • Upvote 4

IC Viima

(Ko-Le-Wahi border):

Viima's eyes widened in shock. He hadn't even been aware of an uprising of Makuta followers, and the thought of an entire Koro falling felt unreal. He remembered his past experiences in the village of ice and imagined it being surrounded by evil beings on all sides...

Thoughts of horror quickly turned into basic survivalist instincts in Viima's head. If Ko-Koro was indeed led by Makuta worshippers, the best course of action was to stay clear of that foul place.

Viima turned towards Le-Wahi and began climbing down the cliffside. He said to Tivanu. "If evil forces are on the loose in this district, I'm not gonna hang around and wait for them."

As soon as Mortem asks that question- that one, heavy, life-breaking question, my hand goes immediately to the hilt of my sword, currently sheathed at my waist. Although I relax slightly when the Toa replies- atheism is better than the worship of Him, and the Brotherhood is small enough to not merit even a mention- but I keep my clawed hand there all the same, ready to encase the metal pole in a metre-long sliver of crystal at the slightest indication of an attack.

VBWj75sh.png

IC: Tivanu

Tivanu followed Viima as they climed down

"Good, because I wasn't planning on sticking around either."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC Viima

(Ko-Le-Wahi border):

Was Viima uncomfortable about allowing Tivanu to join him again? Sure he was. Yet, he was beginning to feel that there were far more dangerous things on this island now than Tivanu. Besides, Tivanu had just saved his life. Regardless of what Tivanu had done in the past, he could clearly be trusted to an extent, at least. It was important to make rational choices now that the balance of power on the island was shifting, and holding an old grudge would work against that.

Still, Viima never let Tivanu from his sight as they crossed the border to Le-Wahi.

OOC: Viima and Tivanu to Le-Wahi.

IC: (Mortem/Ko-Wahi)

My eyes narrow, but I relax. Although this being might belong in the "Skulk" category, I cannot attack him here, and he is at least better than the worshipers of the False Archangel.

"So, what brings you to Ko-Koro?" I ask him tonelessly.

Kathok

Heathen idiot. "Makuta imposed a Darkness of more than a thousand years on this island," I say, sharp JOLTS of anger again beginning to course through me. "His armies brought dread to the skies, let alone the land. He laid low another- some would say more powerful- GOD, and He even broke Destiny. The six so-called heroes, the supposed knights of Mata Nui, those who were presumably destined to defeat Him, failed. He defied His destiny. Under Makuta, we are free. All of those who worship HIM believe their PETTY lives are bound in chains by some benevolent force from above- and they are happy with it. They are like Maha, content to stand like fools as their dirty religion leads them towards their deaths- deaths which we are happy to deal out.

Under Makuta, we are free. Anywhere else... The FILTHY, bloodstained hand of Destiny stalks our lives, just waiting to KILL us. That is why we take Makuta as our Lord."

Edited by Miras: Makuta of Awesome

VBWj75sh.png

IC Kotak:

He was silent for a long moment.

Soaking in what had been said.

Strength. Freedom. Things he understood.

"I have been to the Mangaia. Felt the dreadful darknesses of its depths. If the Makuta offers freedom, and strength, I would serve under him readily. However.... I do not believe that those who do not follow are bound by Destiny. I am of the belief that we make our own Destinies."

Though his voice was cool and even, it bothered him slightly that he'd taken to conversation far too easily with these strangers.

Perhaps he'd simply needed an intellectual? After the disaster in the street earlier.

He could not say.

IC: (Mortem/Ko-Koro)

"Destiny?" I spit. "How can Destiny be found in the Shadows?"

"Destiny is a lie, told by those who seek to imprison us...there is no such thing. Destiny is a lie told by fools who believe we are all parts of a machine. Destiny is a lie told by the fearful, who cower in the light, hoping that their pathetic lives are part of something greater."

"The only way we can be part of something greater is if we choose to be endarkened, just as you choose to follow none."

"We are both free, but you are separate, where we are one in our fight."

Edited by Sil

Kathok

IC: Zero - Obsidian Outpost Arena. 

"You may begin." 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC:

“Perhaps one day we will see the Brotherhood kneel down and admit their god is beneath that of Makuta. Perhaps he was a follower of Makuta’s.” Insidian said.

“Let’s not get into this whole debate,” Zarkov almost frowned. “We’re here for a common mission, not to kill each other.”

He glanced at the Po-Toa as she jogged to the gate. “And now it would appear to be time to depart.” 

OOC: So for clarification purposes, is Verulas just going up against Tracer, or does he have to defend himself against the two Kavinika and the Ussal Crab as well?

IC: Verulas - Obsidian Outpost (Courtyard)

The Bo-Toa stepped into the ring, tightening the grip on his bow as he waited for his opponent to make the first move.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

OOC: Apologies for the slight delay, that was totally on me.

IC: Well, everybody was here, plus two. Fyura was stomping back now. "Well now, I suppose if we're all done loitering, we can head out. I know a way direct to Ga-Wahi." The group trudged out into the snow.

OOC: Luyn, Ira, Zarkov, Fyura, Insidian, Krakant, and Maeloc to Ga-Wahi!

The times, they are a-changing...

Verulas had been preparing for this fight almost non-stop for the past three days.

He wasn't going to blow it by making a stupid first move.

The bow had been reconditioned to his liking, his shortsword was recently sharpened, and his knives were sporting a fresh coating of the paralysing juices that he normally dipped them in. His body was still slightly sore from the rigorous amounts of training that he had recently put himself through, but it also heightened his awareness to both his opponent and his surroundings. He was like a well-oiled machine, primed and ready to go.

Gone was his sarcastic attitude, if only for the moment, as he felt his own heart skip a beat in anticipation. The memories of the events leading up to this moment flashed before his eyes, reminding him of why he was here. He knew that if his performance was deemed to be unworthy, one of his allies from his time defending the hospital was as good as dead, and he was not going to let that happen.

They were about to see a trial so great that they'd all be reciting every glorious detail to their grandchildren in their winter years.

He sincerely hoped that somebody had the foresight to bring snacks, because this was going to be one Karz of a party.

The Bo-Toa felt a gust of Ko-Wahi wind whip itself against his skin, its sudden abruptness forcing the scattered hay from the previous battle to dance across the ground between them.

Edited by Timageness
  • Upvote 2

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Enforcer and Veteran - Obsidian Outpost Arena.

"You okay?" Veteran sidles up beside me, holding out a bag of something sugary, and a bottle of something alcoholic. 

"What's the occasion?" I ask, taking the drink with my uninjured hand. "You don't normally give out free food." 

"Trust me mate, this is gonna be a good fight," Veteran assured me, "That's why I brought snacks." 

• Upvote 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Tracer

The great dilemma.

On the one hand, if she opened fire now, she could tentatively miss and leave herself open to attack.

On the other hand, if she delayed action for too long, Verulas could get the first shot in, and that wouldn't be a good thing.

Besides, seeing that he didn't have any arrows in his bow or on his quiver, it would suggest that he would be creating arrows himself. Surely his creation speed would be faster than the speed Tracer could retrieve arrows from her quiver...

Hm.

• If Tracer fires and Verulas doesn't: Verulas potentially gets hit.
  • If Verulas fires and Tracer doesn't: Tracer potentially gets hit.
  • If both of them fire: both of them get hit, with a greater likelihood than if only one of them fires, due to the fact that both of them would be invested in their shot and need more effort to get out of the way rather than if they were committed to dodge in the first place.
  • If neither of them fire: nothing happens and the standoff continues.

... If this matrix was set up correctly, it would be most profitable for Tracer shoot, for even if it ended up in mutually assured destruction, Verulas would still take some damage. While holding her fire and preparing to dodge would be better than shooting and getting shot, what happens if she couldn't dodge in time...?

According to the principles of the Prisoner's Dilemma, it would be best to shoot.

(Naturally, all these calculations occurred in Tracer's head in the space of a few seconds. She also didn't know the name of the Prisoner's Dilemma but knew of the concept.)

So with that conclusion in mind, Tracer shot first.

Edited by One-Eyed Construct
  • Upvote 4

The Bo-Toa's attention snapped towards his opponent's bow as she began to pull back the string, signaling him that she had decided to fire first.

Perfect.

As the arrow launched itself off of her weapon, he threw himself to the ground, rolling forward and into the firing position as the shot flew over him. He pulled the vine back as two small pieces of wood emerged from his hand, eventually twisting themselves around each other before forming an arrow of standard length. The moment to ready his aim was brief, made longer only by a fraction of a second due to the time it would take for her to prepare for another attack, so he quickly settled on firing in the direction of her her bow-arm. Despite his greater speed at arrow production, it was likely that the Skakdi had spent a lot more time training with her weapon than he had, and therefore it was equally more likely that she would have better aim in the long run.

And that was something he didn't want to face during the later stages of battle.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Shot missed. He's rolling. Arrow being formed. Lack of a feather probably means aim will be bad, but his control over The Green means that flight path will be unpredictable.

As Verulas fired, Tracer sidestepped to the left, the arrow whizzing past her right arm. It would probably take too long to safely knock another shot right at that moment, so she threw several glass protothermic capsules - normally serving as ammunition for her Patero - onto the ground, not caring if the impact from the toss would be enough to detonate them. If they blew, good. If not, they would serve as some sort of landmine. Hopefully. At the very least, it might give Verulas pause to step on them. As she tossed the capsules, she backstepped, attempting to knock another arrow.

The Bo-Toa was unable to properly determine what the Skakdi was throwing in the short amount of time in which she had performed the action, but he did know that it was generally bad news when people he was fighting started to chuck things, especially if they were aimed in his general direction.

So he threw himself to the right, sliding to a stop behind a bale of hay as his ears registered the explosions.

He quickly took cover up against it, figuring that she was using the opportunity to ready another shot while the smoke was obscuring the area between them. Deciding that two could play at that game, he created some mist-bomb plants, quickly puncturing them with his thumb before lobbing them blindly behind him and over the makeshift barrier. Forming another arrow while activating his Volitak, he continued to circle around the distraction in a slow crouch-walk, hoping to make himself even less noticeable as he tried to out-flank her.

• Upvote 1

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC: (Viera)

"How the should I know?" she shot back Noxas as she released the hold of gravity she'd had on him. "Now take a seat and get yourself a drink."

Edit: Please do not bypass the word filter.

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Smoke smells.

Mist smells.

... Verulas's smell is weak...

The smell of detonated protothermic powder flooded Tracer's nose; while she could pick out Verulas's scent to a degree, it was pitifully weak. And her foe was nowhere to be seen...

Tracer's thermal vision flared to life.

If Verulas was hiding behind the smoke, Tracer wouldn't be able to see him. But if he came out and his mask was a Huna or a Volitak...

There. Tracer thought she saw a large, humanoid object considerably warmer than everything round it. She fired.