BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: 

I snapped out of my trance and quickly averted my eyes as Labelle excused herself after that strange incident, feeling the tips of my ears get warm after I'd realized what I'd inadvertently lapsed into doing. Functioning, normal male my age that I am, as it unfortunately turns out even I'm not infallible. Thankfully Labelle's scene ensured nobody noticed, but that really should have been an alarming gauge of where my priorities lied.

Really, think with the brain, Tarkus. She's pretty, that's been established. She's in good shape, yes. But realizing that while someone else is having an attack of some sorts? 

I was overcome with shame, and rightfully so. I pride myself on at least having the decency to treat my friends with a modicum of respect and common decency, no matter the situation...

Seriously, an occurrence so strange it automatically induces the Bystander Effect in me? Turns my brain into "Safe Mode" so hard I just search for the nearest object of interest to study? What even was going on anymore?

If this keeps up, I'm going to need serious help.

helo frens

IC:

"Alright."

Sinshi replied easily, legs straightening like coiled springs as Labelle left. The Menti suddenly felt a sense of inner calm, despite the precautions suddenly surging into her head. Perhaps it was simply that she now knew what she needed to do. The doubts about their host were gone, replaced by certitude. She caught Mako's meaningful look and knew that he had seen the same.

.:There were no wounds on her. Cardiovascular functions were elevated. Her words were pleas. She is not stable.:. The Menti began, broadcasting to those immediately around her as she returned to her seat. .:Either Dakte or myself must avoid drinking whatever she brings, and all successive dishes, at the very least. If we all can manage it that would be preferable.:.

She did not wish to exclude Mako as an option, and she hoped she would not cause the Datsue any offense. His reputation was formidable, but he was not as powerful as he once was and the Toa they had seen were very powerful. A Menti at full strength was necessary.

Focusing her attention outwards, she 'spoke 'louder' to address the rest of the crew. .:Commodore, our host seems less than stable. I shall check in every three minutes. If such an interval passes and I do not, something is very, very wrong. We shall try to depart when we can do so without arousing suspicion.:.

Unfortunately, one among them was not privy to their mental communication. She could not, however, leave him out of the plans. Settling into her chair again she leaned forward, bringing her mouth close to Tarkus' ear.At the same time she dropped her knife on the deck, moving to pick it up. The cover was in place. Her words, when they came, barely qualified as a whisper, ready to cease at the slightest sign of Labelle's return.

"Mr. Tarkus, I need you to be prepared."

• Upvote 5

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: 

I think my face might have been emitting steam. How could you be so cruel, Miss Sinshi? Just when I finished chastising myself for impure actions that were mostly subconscious, you go and do this? What did I do to deserve this? What malicious god had decided to test my mental fortitude now? My face felt flushed, my heart was pounding, and I think I might even be breaking out into a sweat! This was bad, real bad.

Did she have to lean in so close and whisper so softly? I understand you meant nothing by it, Miss Sinshi, but do you realize how intimate such an act typically is? And even worse, being so close as you are, the proximity effect's also at play! Or at least, it probably is, it's typically something many voice actors exploit by getting real close to the microphone when they speak, thus shortening the distance the sound has to travel which emphasizes the lower tones and gives the recording a very warm and intimate sound. The same thing had to be happening here, only unintentionally.

Still, effects were effects, and poor old me had to live through them without flinching. I tried my best to regulate my breathing, but things like dilated pupils and accentuated heartrate? Those were a bit less easy.

"Uh, sure." I managed. "For?"

I hoped that the explanation would be simple and I could return to a normal situation, without a pretty girl leaning in this close to me while I was already knee-deep in shame.

• Upvote 4

helo frens

IC (Dakte)

Dakte watched Labelle's back like a hawk as she limped into the hut.

:I feel for her suffering, but something is afoot,: he Ideatalked in agreement. :She is not 'fine now', as she claims.:

He closed his eyes momentarily, reopening them with a steely gaze.

:I can refuse the food. I'll fake an upset stomach, and avoid drinking any beverages she brings. You have my word, I will protect both of you, and Tarkus, to the very best of my ability.:

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Gabe

"No, no, I can handle-" he started to say, still fending off the vigorous assault via dusty cleaning tool.

He stopped mid-sentence when said cleaning tool knocked his glorious fedorious out of his hands, sending it rolling away towards the lilypad platform's edge where it was sure to meet its soggy doom in the noxious pristine Naho Bay water.

"HELP"

- - - - - - - - - -

OOC: Dessa from Po-Wahi

IC: Dessa (Ga-Koro)

Arriving in Ga-Koro, the young Vortixx stepped off the ferry, thanking the ferryman.

She looked around, cheerful to be out of dusty Po-Wahi, and Forsi, which was practically a ghost town by comparison.

Though, she reserved her happy demeanor. This was the place that had brought hard times on her family.

She set off through the Koro.

OOC: Open for interaction.

OOC: Sorry for the extremely long wait; I won't waste time with excuses.

-IC:-

Moana's mind struggled with her situation as it attempted to resist the offer of a temporary residence. She had done considerably less intelligent things with far less initial reserve; this wasn't even that bad of an offer. "Alright," she said after a few moments after the crew finished speaking. "I guess I could stay. Care to let me on the ship, so I can put this somewhere?" She gestured to the assortment of weapons and miscellaneous items attached to her pack.

pNNgXax.jpg

OOC: ... I just realized I have, like six people? That's a lot. But good, good... Vestak, missed your post last page, sorry. Addressing that now.

IC: Aokora was about to shout triumphantly to set off, when she heard the Fe-Toa with the Arthron speak.

"Hmm? What? What's she saying?"

• Upvote 1

The times, they are a-changing...

IC:

Labelle walked inside and into the bathroom. She splashed her face with some water, dried it up and looked into the mirror above the sink. Staring back at her was that same, horrendous face as always.

She tried to take long, slow breaths.

It was exhausting, fighting the Hunger all the time. And it hurt. Mata-Nui, it hurt. Now more than ever, she wished it would just go away.

Labelle walked into the kitchen, quickly boiled some water and reached into the cupboard for ground tea leafs. Mixing the two in a large pitcher, she lifted her hand to put back the jar of leaves. Her hand froze. There it was, in a small jar. Sleeping leaves. They were added to drinks when someone had trouble sleeping, a draught to help those terrified of nightmares and the unknown. Labelle had taken them herself copiously for the past month. One world in which she was ugly was more than enough for her.

But those leafs... 

Mix them in, knock those strangers out, bind them up and bring them somewhere dark, bring a knife, have some fun, cut them up....

No! she told herself. I won't do those things. I'm not a monster.

The pain started to return.

She was afraid. After that last attack, Labelle wasn't sure she could handle another outburst so soon. She knew she couldn't. Well, Labelle thought, maybe I can add the leafs. But I won't do anything else! I'll just, just, umm... I'll make them fall asleep and bring them inside on the sofa. Yes, that's it. And I'll be with them, and we'll all wake up together, and we'll all be able to continue being friends. The pain will be gone and the Dasaka won't think any less of me!

Smiling, Labelle took the jar of sleeping leafs and quickly ground up a small handful. She added the ground to the tea and put back the container. She found ice in the ice box,  mixed it with the tea as well.

The pain had started to recede. In fact, Labelle hadn't felt so good since she'd left the house's previous owner strewn across the ocean floor.

The Toa of Water walked outside with a tray in hand, the pitcher  and enough glasses for everyone on it. She placed it down on the table, pouring the Dasaka and Toa tea and handing them the filled-glasses. She sat down and took a small sip from her own cup.

"So, what were you saying about Tajaar?"

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

IC:

Too slow.

Sinshi cursed to herself, but ensured her expression was pleasant when Labelle returned. She picked her silverware up off the ground, brushing it off as she returned to her previous position. She hated this. She hated leaving her own safety, and that of others, to someone else. It didn't sit right. Working so hard to further herself, but her care was still left to others. She had been independent, self-sufficient, for as long as she could remember. She prided herself in it. She didn't need anyone to take care of her, or watch over her.

And maybe, if truth be told, she didn't trust them to. 

But now she didn't have a choice.

.:Understood, Dakte. We should leave as soon as we can.:.

"The Taajar are the same species as us." The Menti didn't show any sign of her internal displeasure. If nothing else her time spent among nobles had taught her that. "A vastly different culture, however. They had been nomadic, but our ancestors defeated their last great horde centuries ago. They've become traders since then, but they mostly keep their own language. Vulgar Taa, it's called. The Imperials, as they call us, tend to look down on them."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

"You look down on them? Why?"

Labelle noticed that no one was touching their food, or their drinks.

"You, know the food is fine" she said with a small smile. "I made it myself, and I'm a pretty good cook." To emphasize the point Labelle continued eating, taking another sip of tea.

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

IC:

"Apologies, I was distracted by the question."

Zuto Nui protect me.

The Menti took a sip of her tea, smiling as she continued to hold it in her left hand. "It's simply a side effect of how our society works. It's a little... complicated."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Old grudges die hard, huh?"

This was bad. Miss Sinshi hadn't gotten the chance to fill me in on what exactly was going on with the rest of them, and I was far from any esper like them. They couldn't tell me without her knowledge now, and I won't lie if their inability to trust her wasn't starting to rub off on me by that point, too. Great, first meeting with a new culture and I was already driven to paranoia.

My eyes flicked over to Datke, who seemed stonily content on not drinking anything. To Mako, who had fallen silent and wore a similar, unreadable expression. To Labelle, whose smile now seemed all too saccharine for my tastes. And finally, to Sinshi, who took on the role of diplomat and coolly sipped from her tea.

Well, if she didn't seem to fazed by it, then maybe I should...

I took a sip.

My gut feelings screamed at me that this was a terrible mistake as soon as the taste hit my tongue. I spit what I could back down the cup, but couldn't avoid swallowing those first few milliliters.

"Excuse me, but what kind of tea is this? I've never had it before."

helo frens

IC (Dakte)

With an obliging nod and a mild smile, Dakte took his fork and speared a small piece of meat. Half-way to his mouth, however, the morsel froze as the Menti warrior winced in apparent discomfort. His other hand moved to his stomach.

"My sincere apologies, Miss Labelle," he said, wearing a slightly pained expression as he set the fork back down. "I don't wish to insult your hospitality, but I don't think I can manage any of the food. I think last night's evening meal must have disagreed with me, as it were."

He smiled ruefully.

"Two weeks of seafood can have that effect..."

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC:

"My own blend. " Labelle said. She told the Toa the names of three different tea leaves rare in Ga-Koro but common in Le-Wahi. "Traders come by every few months and I buy them when I can. I read somewhere that it helps with all sorts of sicknesses, I thought it could help me with my pain. Maybe it can soothe your stomach, Dasaka Dakte?" Labelle suggested to the foreign male.

"I hope I said that properly. You don't have any other names or titles I'm supposed to call you?"

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

IC (Dakte)

"I'll give it a try," Dakte replied with another smile.

The Dasaka raised the teacup to his mouth. Behind the cup, where Labelle could not see, his lips remained sealed. He made sure to fake a visible swallow.

"Very nice," he said warmly, lowering the cup to hold it at around shoulder-height. The Toa of Water would not be able to see over the rim. "I think it'll help.

"And since you ask...it is uncommon to use 'Dasaka' as a title, simply because in the Archipelago, we refer to everyone as Dasaka. Just 'Dakte' will do, but if you want a title, you may use 'Ageru', the name of my clan, or 'Menti', my rank. And before you ask, Menti refers to our warrior disciplines: we are trained to use our powers of the mental plane for use in combat...or in less violent situations.

"In fact, I have a demonstration you might enjoy. Do you have a square of paper, Miss Labelle?"

IC:

"Paper? I think I do, somewhere in the house, but I don't know where. I don't really write very much, you see."

Labelle reached into her pocket and withdrew a handkerchief, lifting it towards Dakte.

"Will this do? And is 'Menti' a high rank in the Empire? Have you done anything special to become a 'Menti'?"

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

IC (Dakte)

Dakte shook his head kindly.

"No, I can only do it with paper. Cloth isn't rigid enough to hold its shape, you see...you'll understand when you see it. To answer your questions; Menti are numerous, but less so than the lower castes: Dashi, Ringti, Saihoko. And no, I did nothing to be Menti other than be born. I have trained long and hard with my Disciplines, but that is expected of all of us."

IC:

"Our society follows a caste system." Sinshi began, preparing to delve into significant detail. She had explained the basics to Tarkus, but the more she could keep the Ga-Toa's attention off of Dakte the better. "The Rora is our Empress, her authority bestowed by Zuto Nui. As such, she occupied the highest rank within our society. Below her is the Chojo, the Crown Princess. Our current Rora's sister is the Chojo. The next step down are the Toroshu."

"The Toroshu are the leaders of individual clans. The Rora technically presides over our empire, but our empire is composed of dozens upon dozens of clans. The three largest are the Umbralines, my own clan and the clan of the Rora, the Dastana, a merchant clan, and the Fursics. Each clan tends to specialize in a good or service. The Herupa are advisors, the Eiyu are scholars, the Ageru grow our empires' crops. I could go on for quite some time, but I think you understand. Below the Toroshu are the Menti, our warrior class."

Sinshi gestured to herself. "Dakte explained much about them, but I am a Menti as well. We are not particularly high ranked, but we are not low on the societal ladder, either. Our place is largely determined by our skill and by our families. Male Menti are often a clan's First Son, meant to embody the best of their clan. This title does not hold any particular authority, but it does bestow a certain level of privilege. Menti, as well as those above us, are capable of performing one or more of our people's Disciplines."

"Blow us are the Dashi, our workers. Below them are the Ringti, our artisans and inventors. And at the bottom rung are the Saihoko, our merchants. Taajar are usually considered to be Saihoko, hence their place in society."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Aokora's shoulders dropped slightly. "Oh. Well, I think we're ready in that case!"

Feeling the breeze off the sea, she leaned on the rail of the boat as she surveyed her hirelings. Not bad, to be honest. Plenty to readily solve any problem if it came up. She took a deep breath:

"ONWAAAAAARDS!"

The boat captain pushed her out of the way, grumbling as he took the wheel and took the vessel out.

OOC: If for some reason I missed you, everyone who signed on is on the boat.

The times, they are a-changing...

OOC: Mobile

IC:

I bristled politely at the explanation. The more I heard about that society, the less I liked it.

Even when it was just a repitition of what I'd heard prior.

But, we had to keep the conversation flowing, so the time for disdain was later and internal.

"You mentioned the Fursics as one of your big three clans, Miss Sinshi, but what do they do? I can't seem to remember you if told me or not." I mentioned, lightly touching my brow and injecting a self-deprecating chuckle.

I couldn't tell whether or not I was beginning to feel the effects of whatever was in that tea.

Edited by Uncle Chael P. Sonnen

helo frens

IC: Vilda Mako (Labelle's House)

"The Fursics are a bunch of cross-eyed, fork-tongued little weasels who's sooner rat out their own mothers than do an honest day of work"

"Or at least that's what I've heard" I unconvincingly retracted before I finally acted like I'd noticed the tea.

"Miss Labelle, I'm afraid Dakte's situaton mirrors my own, so I'll have to be satisfied with the Tea" I said, grabbing the cup to take a sip, (a real sip, mind you).

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Vilda Mako (Labelle's House)

"Datsue are a bit of a special case," I started to explain, "basically; once you hit that stage, you're not part of the caste system anymore, but you're also very high up in it. Because I'm separate, I've got a lot more freedom than most people in our society do. Because my age demands respect, I also get a high status from those that are still in the caste system."

"And as for my status as a Menti," I blinked an unneccessarily large number of times, the tea was starting to work, "I, personally, count as one because I still practice my combat skills, even though I'm retired."

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

"Mako is correct, on all counts. Datsue exist largely outside of the system out of deference to their years of service." Sinshi elaborated, nodding. "... And he is not entirely incorrect about the Fursics. They have a long history of attempting to take over the throne."

She blinked, feeling her thoughts start to cloud a little. Nothing too worrisome, it had been an eventful day, but still...

.:Check in number one. All fine so far. Beginning to feel a little tired.:.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: "That makes sense. At least you eventually get some payoff for dealing with that system for so long."

Was I psyching myself out, or was I starting to feel tired? It was midday and an eventful one at that, so maybe I just needed one of those naps I sometimes took...

I looked to Mako and found him blinking at an alarming frequency. Not tired then. Especially not after everything'd rushed into overdrive a couple of minutes ago. Thank you for that, I suppose, Miss Sinshi.

Speaking of, I tried to discern how she was faring.

...Nothing yet.

Strange. While she was undoubtedly more athletic and in better shape than me, wouldn't I still be less susceptible to whatever was in this by, if nothing else, virtue of only having consumed a smaller dosage?

Wait, I think I get it. The placebo effect, isn't it? It's working against me because I'm not calm, because I'm overthinking it. The power of the psyche's amplifying it's effects, just like one could either be told a sugar pill was a painkiller as effective as asprin or as effective as morphine, and depending on which, their mind would do the work for it!

This isn't good. Of all the times for my nature to work against me...

helo frens

IC: Zaara - Boat.

Oh.... right.... it was all coming back to her now.... Zaara's seasickness returned with a vengeance and she promptly threw up over the side. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Aokora groaned, her hand going to her mask. "Oh, fer cryin' out loud- THIS IS AN ARCHEOLOGICAL EXPEDITION! I'VE GOT MY PERMITS AND EVERYTHING!"

OOC: Lloyd, is Dail coming with? Didn't see you say OOC you were going.

OOC: I did say I was going, yes.

IC: Dail sat at the stern of the boat, eyes already scanning for trouble. She wasn't expecting any yet, but one could never be sure. She'd had contracts go sour faster.

:w:

IC:

"Here we are," Ashala said as she stopped outside her shop/home. She unlocked the front door before pushing it open and stepping inside. The bottom floor was all shop, full of herbs and remedies for healing.

"Upstairs is where we will sleep." she smiled at the other two.

IC: Nekka

By this point in time, Nekka was on the verge of falling asleep.  Nevertheless, she managed to walk over towards the upper level.

"I'm... gonna go ahead and... go sleep..." Nekka said, fatigue clouding her voice as she struggled to even keep her eyes open.

IC:

"There is a small bed for you to sleep on." Ashala said as she pointed to a small room. "Londar you can take the fold out couch." she pointed to a couch before she approached her room.

"See you two in the morning."

IC: Aine and Shu - Ship (Ga-Koro Coast)

Aine leaped out of her seat to avoid Zaara's wretching as Shu leaned over and began to gently pat the Toa on the back.

"Are you okay...?" she asked, trying to hide the fact that she was checking to make sure none of it got on her.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Zaara - Boat.

"Sorry...." she coughed, trying not to throw up again, "....I get seasick." 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar