BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: (Larikon Torchbearer/Blackrock)

The scum were defeated, and the lightstone was in Dryken's hands. Emerging into the main chamber, Larikon took a seat upon a stool, and gestured for the others to follow. They all were caked in dirt and ash, excepting the Cardinal. The Grandmaster breathed quite deeply, in an attempt to calm himself. If one fragment of lightstone could do that much, he thought, what if it was larger? What if more were in the stairwell? What corrupted it?

"Cardinal Dryken, you are our last living link with this place. Do you remember any alarming practices of the Grand Masters before? Or hushed talk of heathen slave practices?"

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC: Qyntar

"Just give me a moment, I need to check on something." Qyntar knelt down and put his hand on the floor, closing his eyes. A few seconds passed, and he finally opened his eyes. "I can feel a bit of a commotion in the east end of the Koro. This might be our assailant."

OOC: For the confused that want explanations, Qyntar can sense fluctuations in the gravity field within a certain radius. The more he concentrates, the further a radius he can monitor.

IC: Athiel

"Good job, we might as well know what's happening while we're stuck here" Athiel rose from his stool. "I wonder who it is?"

Meanwhile....

IC: Akura

He concentrated as he impaled the ground in front of him and walls of ice rose around the area, trapping the sentinels in, and preventing others from arriving. "No, your trapped in here with me."

Edited by Observedhalo

"Poor Cyclonus - Sworn To Reject A World That Hates and Fears Him. He And I Are Very Similar, Really: Two Reformed Characters Struggling To Make Our Way In Life. He Just Has Less Violent Coping Strategies." Whirl

My BZPRPG Characters

Some of the Sentinels charged at Akura, somehow convinced that they could bring him down by themselves. He thrust his sword into the air and they were frozen solid. Some of the more intelligent ones were throwing spears, keeping their distance. He froze the spears as they left their hands, making them to heavy to travel with enough velocity, causing them to fall to the ground. "Can none give me a real challenge?"

OOC: Anyone, feel free to join in.

"Poor Cyclonus - Sworn To Reject A World That Hates and Fears Him. He And I Are Very Similar, Really: Two Reformed Characters Struggling To Make Our Way In Life. He Just Has Less Violent Coping Strategies." Whirl

My BZPRPG Characters

IC: Korru (Po-Koro Inn)

"Not true, the Skakdi may have a partner, or one of those fancy doohickys" Korru responded.

"I'm sorry to say this," he continued, "but even though it seems unlikely enough, I can't completely rule out your involvement just yet. You must remain here for now until the issue at hand is resolved."

Korru brought a horn to his lips, and blew a strong, almost bizarre squawk from it that was supposed to notify nearby Sentinels that he was in need of assistance.

OOC: Alright; Prodigious Artist, Toatapio, Kaithas, whomever. I'll wait and see if you respond. Eventally I'll just do an NPC if you take too long.

IC: Baranx

Baranx had managed to secure himself abplace in the seldom used Barracks. He had to argue with several nasal voiced clerks before they a lllowed, but they did.

Then, before he dropped off to sleep, he heard a horn sound. Not just any sound. Baranx recognised it as the sound for assistance.

Tossing on his night cloak, bow and arrows, he rushed to the sound. He entered an inn in a corner. Inside was Korru and several other people. On the ground was ice crystals that looked like a body.

"Um, Sentinel Korru? How may I be of assistance?"

IC: (Larikon Torchbearer/Blackrock)

The scum were defeated, and the lightstone was in Dryken's hands. Emerging into the main chamber, Larikon took a seat upon a stool, and gestured for the others to follow. They all were caked in dirt and ash, excepting the Cardinal. The Grandmaster breathed quite deeply, in an attempt to calm himself. If one fragment of lightstone could do that much, he thought, what if it was larger? What if more were in the stairwell? What corrupted it?

"Cardinal Dryken, you are our last living link with this place. Do you remember any alarming practices of the Grand Masters before? Or hushed talk of heathen slave practices?"

IC: Dryken

"Well, ever since the reign of Makron the Blackheart, there were many prisoners. The Brotherhood simply could not convert all of them in time. So, it was planned to put them in underground chambers. None were officially used as slaves per se. It was whispereed that they were used to expand the caverns they were housed in with their bare hands. And executed if their work was unsatisfactory. There were slaves used above-ground, but they were passed off as 'recently-animated Zombies' to explain their undecomoosed bodies. In fact, their eyes were so dead they mouth as well have nlslzlbeen," Dryken explained.

Good Lord, this is cold, Dryken thought to himself of the Lightstone.

Edited by Norik Of Gielinor

IC: Vrina

Vrina did not seem particularly concerned by what was going on and merely kept her seat at a chair near the table

"My elemental affinity is crystal."

And to prove this she held her right hand palm up and concentrated. Slowly a Crystal rose formed in her hand which she showed to the group

"See. Proof of my element."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

"Sentinel Baranx," Korru responded in kind, "we have what look like a first-degree murder at hand, and the killer is on the loose. I need you to notify HQ of this, and send a couple of other sentinels over here so we can secure the area. Suspect is most likely a Toa of Ice"

Edited by Dr. O

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

OOC: Is there amy high-ranking PC I can inform? Or do I NPC it?

IC: Baranx

Baranx nodded.

"I'll see who I can find. I'll send some to secure the area and others to look for him. I'll come back when you can get a better description," Baranx told Korru.

He set off, sending several Sentinels (OOC: NPC Sentinels)to secure the crime scene. Baranx made for HQ, hoping to find some Sentinels.

OOC: Also, any PC Sentinels want to come in, just appear near HQ. Baranx will interact.

Edited by Norik Of Gielinor

"I hate just siting here and doing nothing. Innocents could be under attack, and as Toa it's out job to protect them. Odviously, we can't do that stuck in here." Athiel downed another shot. "Anyway, neither of us three could have done it."

My BZPRPG Characters

Vrina shot Athiel a look

"And if you or Qyntar do anything stupid i will have no part of it.. i prefer to stay on the good side of the law."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

"Right, of course, completely understandable." Qyntar paced back and forth. "Look, for all we know, the suspect could already have made it out of the Koro. Like Athiel said, it is a toa's job to protect the innocents that could possibly come to harm from the assailant. If you send a sentinel with us, we could go and at least investigate the commotion in the east end."

Some of the Sentinels charged at Akura, somehow convinced that they could bring him down by themselves. He thrust his sword into the air and they were frozen solid. Some of the more intelligent ones were throwing spears, keeping their distance. He froze the spears as they left their hands, making them to heavy to travel with enough velocity, causing them to fall to the ground. "Can none give me a real challenge?"

OOC: Anyone, feel free to join in.

OOC: I noticed this and I couldn't help injecting a bit of reality into the scenario, considering this is rather...god-modey. I will be slow, however, because my internet connection is intermittent and unreliable.If you wish for more reading on this subject, I would suggest Friar Tuck's Common Sense Guide, specifically the part about NPCs, not infinitely superior than.

IC: The ice blasts were interrupted as one Toa threw up a shield of stone. A moment later, he blasted it forward, shattering the ice and sending a hail of shards at the fugitive. Two Sentinels with Haus advanced behind the flechette barrage with their masks activated.

:w:

"Qyntar, you should check if there is still a commotion in the Easters district. Korru, in the event that the assailant is still in the city, I volunteer to help detain him. I will not stand for violence against those who cannot defend themselves." Athiel stands up, setting his glass down on the counter. "Surely you agree that the saftey of the meek is worth more than keeping us detained. "

Meanwhile.....

"Thank you for breaking the monotony. An actual challenge is very much appreciated." Akura throws a wave of ice at his opponents, attempting to slow them while he try's to escape from the area.

Edited by Observedhalo

My BZPRPG Characters

Vrina sighed as she heard Athiel

"Athiel i have to say you are thinking from a vigilante's view.. I can see Sentinel Korru's reason for detaining us.. He has no idea if we are really the good guys here.. he can not just trust our words.. if i were in his shoes i would be doing the exact same thing.. All your doing now is causing suspicion because you seem far to eager to resist detainment."

She said rather bluntly to Athiel

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

The toa of gravity once again knelt and put his hands on the floor. This time he was focusing far more on the particular area of the previously sensed commotion. He could now clearly sense the shifts in gravity. "There is definitely some kind of elemental usage in the area, I'm certain that there is a battle going on." Qyntar how ever kept monitoring the fluctuations, trying to determine the elements used in this battle.

OOC: This isn't an over powered ability, is it? I mean, it makes sense in regard to his element, doesn't it?

Edited by Toa Onaku

"Good, please continue to monitor the disturbance. Toa are in essence vigilante, Vrina. We need not be appointed to have a responsibility to the people of Mata Nui. All Toa know this."

OOC: I don't think it's overpowered. But you may want to add some disadvantage to it.

My BZPRPG Characters

IC: Akuta

Akura activated his mask, using it to find a fracture on the wall. He freezes it, causing it to expand, weakening the wall. He then impales the weak point, causing in to crumble. Akura kept on moving, throwing up a thick ice wall behind him. "Good attempt, but please, desist."

OOC: Was that OP?

Edited by Observedhalo

My BZPRPG Characters

"I think I've managed to identify a possible assailant. And he's moving." Qyntar stood up and looked to Korru. "Sentinel HQ then, eh?"

OOC: Well, he DOES have to concentrate greatly when doing this, so he's quite vulnerable to attacks while doing so, except for the fact that almost no one who interacts with the gravity field (aka, everything with mass) can sneak up on him... so that's that I guess.

IC: Korru and NPC (Po-Koro Inn)

"Yes, please follow us" Korru said, gesturing to himself and one of the other Sentinels; a Po-Toa with a spiked mace and a Mask of Rebounding.

The third Sentinel remained behind to secure the crime scene as the two Sentinels lead Vrina, Qyntar and Athiel through the streets toward Po-Koro, Korru in front, and the Toa behind.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

"Well, this isn't how I was planning on today going", he said as he walked down the street. He wouldn't dare fight these guards directly, as he has left his armor at the inn. "I hope these sentinels are more fragile than they look", he thought to himself.

Edited by Observedhalo

My BZPRPG Characters

Akura felt the pressure of the sentinels on him. He knew he couldn't get them of using his strength. Luckily for him, both his hands were touching the street. He concentrated as much as he could and a thick pillar of ice rose from under him, getting him off the street. He then attempted knock the sentinels off while they were distracted.

My BZPRPG Characters

Qyntar kept a mental link, vaguely monitoring the area of conflict. He followed the sentinels to the HQ, and gazed upon a familiar sight as they arrived. "First time I've been a suspect in a case like this, usually I helped the sentinels find the culprit." Qyntar sighed "But I guess that was a long time ago..."

OOC: Many years ago, Qyntar travelled around the island, trying to help with capturing criminals, defending against evil assailants and such. I think someone might recognize him at Sentinel HQ.

Akura was getting starting to get angry. "You are persistent, aren't you?", he said as he started he impaled his blade into the pillar. It started glowing , and then exploded into a thousand pieces of icy shrapnel, attempting to injure his captors.

My BZPRPG Characters

OOC: Possibly, but a large amount of the current Sentinels are fairly new on the block, what with both a terrorist attack and the Rahkshi Battle.

IC: Korru (Sentinel HQ)

"Your, err, "quarters" are this way" Korru said, gesturing to some of the comfier cells that were evidently intended only for temporary tenance.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

"Well, at least we have a nice place to rest", he said as he sat down. "It could be much worse after all. But if they find us guilty of aiding and abetting it will be much less comfortable for us."

It connected and knocked it ajar, but not off. He corrected it quickly. "I would agree, if I where restrained." The manacles laid shattered behind him, having been frozen and shattered when he landed. He quickly got on his feet and jumped onto a low nearby roof. "I refuse to allow this to end this way." Ice shuriken formed formed in his hands, which he threw at the sentinel, attempting to hit them in the legs.

OOC: Akura is extremely agile

Edited by Observedhalo

My BZPRPG Characters

The toa of gravity, still vaguely monitoring the battle, sat in his cell. "How long do you think this 'process' will take?" Qyntar sighed heavily as he looked at the sentinel named Korru, then at Athiel. "It would be a shame if this situation were to be permanent." He grimaced with these words.

OOC: But seriously, how long should this take?

Fire circled him as he stood on the roof. He knew he could not freeze the flame, but the foolish Toa forgot to block him vertically. He jumped high into the air, landing just outside of the circle. He bolted away, entering the crowded marketplace that dominated the city.

Meanwhile....

"Yes, how long will this take?" Athiel was thinking of an escape plan, but would like an answer first?

My BZPRPG Characters

"The first thing we have to do is apprehend the primary suspect" Korru replied as he closed the door to their cell, locking it with a twist of his large fingers on the key.

"You'll have to remain here until the case is resolved. I'm afraid I can't be of much help with that, though. Not really my area of expertise"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

OOC: How exactly did he manage to jump over twice his own height?

IC: He found it slow going, however. The crowds slowed his escape and the Toa floating overhead caught up to him quickly, diving at him and attempting to forcibly tacklw him to the ground, trying to stun him with the impact.

Edited by Lloyd: the White Wolf

IC: Sidestep, keep dashing.

Channel Pohatu.

The distinctive slight energy surge and gust of wind belonging to a Kakama tore through Po-Koro, somehow dodging several pedestrians, on the way to the marketplace. The blur slowed as it reached the plaza, a female Po-Toa running at ordinary speed through the crowd.

Unlike the unfortunate fugitive, Tera didn't have the same problem with crowds blocking her. They tend to part for the Captain of the Sentinels.

A slight shink as she drew her longsword and shield, standing directly in Akura's way as the crowd closed behind her. "I highly suggest you surrender."

OOC: @Onaku: Dr. O is right. There aren't many old sentinels left.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

The sentinel failed to stun him, and was forcefully kicked off by Akura. He jumped up to his feet only to find a sentinel standing in front of him, with long sword drawn and shield raised. "I am tired of these interruptions. My patience is wearing very thin and I do not suggest you intrude on my business any further." He couldn't defend himself outright without his sword, which he had dropped, but nothing was weighing him down now.

OOC: Akura is extremely agile and has very little weight to him.

My BZPRPG Characters

OOC: ...You jump as much as you can, and see how high you get. Also, is Akura just an unstoppable powerhouse? Nothing the Sentinels (experienced, organized, trained soldiers) have done has even slowed him down for more than a second.

IC: "You are resisting arrest, have assaulted Sentinels, and are disturbing the peace. You're going to have to come in." The Sentinel pointed out.

While the Sentinels was talking to him, another Toa using a Volitak crept up behind him and attempted to tackle him and knock his mask off.