BZPRPG - Onu-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Reson.

"You heard the man," Reson smirked, picking up the now much lighter cart and following after Sajis and Vesun. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OoC: Warning, pretty dark stuff coming up. Danaku is somewhat depressed. I'm fine, if you're wondering.

IC: Danaku Ran (Onu-Koro hospital)

Nothing..

Then, a dream.

He was walking on a sandy beach. Younglings were swimming in the shallow water, splattering water on each other. The sun was setting behind the horizon. Music could be heard in the distance.

A pickaxe in his hand, piercing the skull of a person in one brutal motion.

He screamed.

He still screamed.

The sea, the eternal sea, spanning the horizon. The waves, and their soothing sound. The sails of the ship flapping in the wind. The sun was setting behind the horizon. Sailors were playing a card game.

He was running inside a dark tunnel. Dozen tools clutched in his arms. They were very heavy. Too heavy. He stumbled. Guards caught him, yelled at him, beat him.

He screamed.

He still screamed.

---

Light.

He could see it. His eyes were open. The light? Coming from a lightstone inside a lantern. It was hanging on the ceiling. Ceiling was made out of smoothed grey rock.

"Look, his eyes are open!"

The voice came from his left side. He tried to turn. He couldn't. He felt numb, weak and dizzy. Who felt numb, weak and dizzy? Is it me?

"Mister Ran, can you hear me?"

Someone tried to answer. Was it me? But no words came out, only a raspy voice. Pain, in his shoulder. Was it my own?

---

I was sitting on the bed. The mattress was made out of cloth and filled with Rahi feathers. I remembered what those words meant. I could associate what I saw with consepts in my head. But I still didn't know who I was.

I raised the stone mug to my mouth, and poured water into it.

The nurses had left to bring me food. But I didn't need food, for I was Nothing. My memories of past events were almost completely gone. I also didn't know who I was. I only knew that I was worthless. I was alone.

The nurses brought food. I didn't pay attention to what it was, I only saw the butter knife. It was all I needed.

To darkness, i shall go, to be forgotten.. I had no meaning to exist. My sences were numb. Nothing felt real. I hoped i couldn't feel the pain. I wished to fade away in peace.

I didn't.

I screamed.

I still screamed.

I changed my mind, and the nurses bandaged my throat and took away the knife.

I cried.

Edited by Daniel the Finlander

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

After several more long minutes, Reson called for a break, dumping the cart on the ground once more. Vesun put down the Vortixx, and Sajis turned to give Reson a questioning glance. "Seriously, these guys are getting heavier or something," he wheezed breathlessly, rubbing his sore arms. "Or maybe I'm just out of shape. Can we please make some of them walk? I mean, look at the smug look on this twit's face." he pointed out one of the Matoran, who was on his back, drool dribbling from his slack mouth, his eyes staring fixedly at a small bug buzzing around his head. "He knows he's getting a free ride." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"No, the new guy has a point." Reson said, "how much further?" 

Once more feeling like an idiot, Reson wordlessly picked up the cart and kept walking, trying not to scowl as he did so. 

IC: Danaku Ran (Onu-Koro prison)

Danaku's prison sentence was extended by 15 years because of 2 murders and attempting to escape. A treatment scheldule was made for him, in order to cure his amnesia and depression. He would still live in the prison during the treatment.

He was taken back to his cell, located opposite Silo Mahara's own cell. Silo had his sentence increased by 15 years aswell.

Danaku had forgotten who Silo was. After spending a while staring at the floor of his cell, he tried to talk with Silo.

"Um, hello? I hope you don't mind me talking with you. It's quite lonely in here. What's your name?" he asked with a shy voice.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Vesun

Vesun dropped the Vortixx and took a moment to rest. "My friend told me Ko-Matoran might know more telepaths. But he also said Ko-Koro was under attack. Someone called Legacy?" He shrugged. "Do either of you know anything about this?"

BZPRPG Profile: Vesun.

Subtlety is more powerful than strength.

"I know about as much as you do." Reson shrugged, dropping the cart. 

IC: Danaku Ran (Onu-Koro prison)

Danaku's prison sentence was extended by 15 years because of 2 murders and attempting to escape. A treatment scheldule was made for him, in order to cure his amnesia and depression. He would still live in the prison during the treatment.

He was taken back to his cell, located opposite Silo Mahara's own cell. Silo had his sentence increased by 15 years aswell.

Danaku had forgotten who Silo was. After spending a while staring at the floor of his cell, he tried to talk with Silo.

"Um, hello? I hope you don't mind me talking with you. It's quite lonely in here. What's your name?" he asked with a shy voice.

IC: (Silo)

The ba-toa looked up from where he had been sketching on the wall with a piece of rock.

"Good to see you back Dan-Dan. Got any more bright ideas?"

The sketch seemed to be of a projectile weapon of some sort, labelled in many places.

Kathok

"Okay, so we know nothing," Reson apologised to Vesun, "but, as Sajis said to me earlier, a rumourmonger might. Let's get this lot," he jabbed a thumb towards the drunks, "into some cells, and then we can go find one." 

IC: Danaku Ran (Onu-Koro Prison)

Is Dan-Dan my name? Or was it actually Danaku, like the guards had told me? He looked at Silo. A purple Toa. "I'm sorry, do we know each other? I think.. I think I've lost my memory.." He wasn't as depressed now, he thought that maybe there indeed had been friends he knew, he had just forgotten everything about them. Although it wasn't a good sign that one of his friends was in prison.

Silo could see that Danaku's left shoulder and throat were both bandaged.

Edited by Daniel the Finlander

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

OOC: Kavala from Kini-Nui.

IC Kavala, Khervos and Kirgan

(Onu-Koro):

Kavala entered Onu-Koro through the Dark Walk, deep in thought. His attempts at gaining new allies had failed, each recipient of Hakann's gifts having gone off in a different direction. Kavala had decided to go to Onu-Koro, where he wasn't so well-known nowadays.

Onu-Koro, the wondrous underground city of buried secrets. It had been Kavala's home, long ago, before he had become a Toa. Kavala had no fond memories of the place, however. Under Turaga Whenua's rule, the village had been under strict control. To Kavala, becoming a Toa had meant freedom from its constraint.

His thoughts eventually shifted from memories of the past to the mission at hand. He was to use an object called the Shadowstone to his advantage, in order to prove his skills in battle and return to Hakann with the remains of his enemies. Kavala wasn't looking forward to mindless killing, but it was only slight discomfort in exchange for more incredible secrets of Makuta's Vault.

And when I get enough power from it to surpass Hakann... we'll see who will become the master of the Vault.

Kavala looked around for potential victims, when he saw someone he knew: A stout Ba-Matoran with a purple Pakari and a fair posture. This Matoran detective had invaded Kavala's sanctuary in Xa-Koro some time ago, before the place was annexed by Ga-Koro. He had introduced himself as Torrian (Kavala was not aware that he had lied about his name) and travelled with a Ta-Matoran girl named Valhe. There had been a brief conflict, one that had defined them as enemies of Kavala. And now, here he was: the Matoran was walking with an Onu-Matoran nearby, on a side alley that no one else was using.

Kavala grinned. This would make a perfect start for his mission. Not only would Matoran be more easily killed, but he would also be able to end the life of one of his enemies. Before striking, though, Kavala made a plan. If Torrian was here, his Ta-Matoran girlfriend might be somewhere nearby. It would be best to use the Shadowstone to capture the Matoran and lure the girl to him. That would make three deaths already.

Looks like it's my lucky day.

"I will introduce you to Vesun", Kirgan told Khervos as they walked towards the Ussal headquarters. "He can explain his dilemma."

"It sounds fascinating indeed", Khervos replied. "A spreading amnesia is most unusual. But I think we may be able to sort it out. There is..."

Suddenly there was a clang from somewhere nearby, and everything went black in an instant. Khervos could hear heavy footsteps around him, and soon he was knocked over by something unseen. He lashed out instinctively and managed to connect with something. Then he heard Kirgan scream.

I hit Kirgan! Khervos thought in alarm and got up. The darkness dissipated slowly, and Khervos could see that he was now alone in the alley. Kirgan was gone, and so was whoever had attacked them.

Someone wielding the power of shadow, Khervos thought. That cannot be good.

Khervos began to worry for Kirgan's life. The Onu-Matoran had been kidnapped, for whatever reason, and Khervos had no idea where he might now be. The only thing he could do now was to find Vesun and get him to help - he was a Toa, after all, no matter his mental condition.

Khervos ran towards the Ussal headquarters. There was nothing to interrupt him, and he soon reached the building.

"Vesun!" he cried out. "Toa Vesun!"

Not too far away, in a hidden cave, Kavala threw Kirgan on the hard ground in anger and frustration. The Onu-Matoran cried out in pain, even as Kavala shouted: "Wrong Matoran! I only managed to capture one Matoran, and it's the wrong one!"

Vesun carried the now-unconscious Vortixx into a cell. “I do not know how reliable the Matoran Kirgan is as a source,” he explained. “Perhaps we should find him and his source.” Vesun stepped out, allowing Sajis to lock the prisoner into the cell. “Different cells, I would presume, for the Matoran. Don’t want them to start fighting again.” He gestured at Reson to help him carry the Matoran, then paused. He and Reson turned around at the same moment; someone was calling for Vesun. The Toa of Gravity walked towards the door of the headquarters. “Kirgan?” he called back as he emerged. “What’s going on?” He stopped as he noticed the Matoran calling for him was not Kirgan. “Who are you?”

Reson was suddenly on high alert. Something was wrong. Who was this Matoran looking for Vesun, and why did he look so panicked? 

He cast a questioning glance towards Sajis, his instincts screaming at him to draw his weapons. 

IC:

Tarnok was silent for a long moment at Ferron's comment, green eyes contemplative. He remembered Hiemalis, the dark Ko-Toa who had brought ruin to his squadron. Liacada, the Toa responsible for Whenua's death. Uyism's time in a coma was the direct result of a Toa as well, one that Tarnok himself had brought an end to with his own hands. It was perhaps the universe's great irony, that the protectors numbered the highest among his enemies, and the once protected highest among his allies.

"I mean no disrespect, Turaga," He began slowly, staring off into space. "But I believe that gap is too wide. The title doesn't exist anymore. Toa are commonplace, and yet, they are apathetic, malicious at their worst, This village has fallen under attack time and again. When mining crews are attacked, there are no Toa to protect them. When Whenua was attacked, only one Toa stood up to protect him. And the other to kill him."

"I do not mean to imply that all Toa are evil. But we cannot rely on them. They are not our heroes, and they are not our protectors. So it falls to us. Mata Nui intended them to protect us, but they failed. So we do it ourselves. If Toa are no longer the heroes they were meant to be, then we should not treat them as such. The greatest heroes I know were not heroes because they were Toa; they were heroes long before, if they ever became Toa at all."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

There was an awkward moment of silence. He tried to come up with something to talk about, but his head was still hurting, and he felt a little dizzy. Then, he noticed the sharp rock in the hand of the Ba-Toa, and then the scribblings on the wall behind him. "What are you drawing?" he asked and gestured towards the crude carvings on the wall.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC Khervos

(Onu-Koro, Ussalry HQ):

Even as he arrived at the Ussalry headquarters, panting, Khervos saw a Toa walk towards him, enquiring who he was. This had to be Vesun.

"Toa Vesun, I presume?" Khervos said with a surprisingly formal tone, considering the circumstances. "Your friend, Kirgan, talked to me about your problem when we were attacked... He was kidnapped.

IC Kavala and Kirgan

(Onu-Wahi, cave):

Kirgan was firmly tied up to a jagged, pointy rock protruding from the ground. He tried struggling against his bounds, but it was no use. Besides, even if he managed to free himself, Kavala would notice and kill him on the spot.

"I'm afraid I have to deprive you of my company, little Matoran", Kavala said in a sinister voice. "I have someone to catch... literally."

Kirgan said nothing. Kavala got up and left the cave, leaving the Onu-Matoran alone.

IC: Lash & Reson.

Lash set off into the street, leaving Skoll to hold down the fort. She needed supplies; the larders in the inn were all empty already. The cheapskate of an innkeeper had only kept enough food for himself. On a whim, she wandered past the Ussalry headquarters, wondering what had become of the explosive poweder they'd taken from her, when she spotted a Matoran run inside, shouting about a kidnapping. 

She kept walking. She didn't care if one Matoran disappeared. She'd see them all dead if the Piraka had their way. Although... a Matoran vanishing in broad daylight... that was an odd occurrence. Suddenly curious, Lash lingered near the door, trying to hear better.

Reson was about to reply to Sajis when he heard movement outside. No, never mind, it was just someone walking past out in the street. Wait... he recognised that Vortixx. "Hey, you!" he called out. "What are you doing there?" 

Lash cursed under her breath. Not this moron again. "I heard someone say something about a kidnapping..." she confessed, "...and I smelt an opportunity to make some coin. You need some help finding whoever's missing?" 

Reson turned to Sajis. The help would be appreciated, but at the same time, he knew Sajis didn't trust the mercanary. 

IC: Lash & Reson

Lash bit back a scowl. They weren't even going to pay her? Of course not. "What happened?" she asked, deciding that if the story sounded interesting, she might join in anyway, just for something to do. If not, she'd head her own way. 

"Can you tell us more about this missing person?" Reson asked Vesun and the Matoran. "What did they look like, when did you last see them? That sort of thing." 

Vesun did his best to describe the Matoran, going into detail about the shape of the mask when Khervos informed him it was a Kaukau, which everyone seemed to recognize. He wasn't sure whether to trust this new Matoran, but he certainly didn't like the look of the Vortixx that had approached them. He kept a wary eye on her, but decided to defer to Sajis' judgement. "Right. So that describes Kirgan." He turned to Khervos. "What can you tell us about the circumstances of his kidnapping?"

IC: Ferron (Ferron's Forge)

Ferron's brow furrowed, a hint of steely resolve flaring into his eyes before fading away again. Had he been his older self, he would have taken Tarnok up on the statement to challenge it, but now...

In the aftermath of his still-recent hunt for revenge, one that had ended in forgiveness of all things, he had to remember that his worst enemy had been a Toa himself. Kuhrin, who had wounded him so deeply, was of his own kin. On top of that, the only other two Toa he'd associated with were a ruthless bounty hunter and her even more ruthless bodyguard. What had happened between him and Rhea was beside the point, she was no virtuous defender of the innocent and certainly no selfless hero.

No, his truest allies had all been Matoran. Khervos, Tuli and Noka... and Zuriana.

He lowered his head.

"'Toa' is the Matoran word for 'Hero', but somewhere along the way we all forgot that"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC Khervos

(Onu-Koro, Ussalry HQ):

Having spent numerous years as a detective, Khervos was well aware of what kind of answers Vesun wanted. Any clues to the nature and current whereabouts of the attacker were valuable.

"We were walking here, when suddenly we heard a sort of clang from behind us", Khervos explained, trying not to forget any relevant information. "Almost instantaneously after the sound, I was blinded with total darkness, and I'm pretty sure Kirgan was, too. I felt something touch me, but I hit it in response. Soon after, I heard Kirgan's scream... and then no more. The darkness dissipated and I found myself alone."

IC: Lash.

Lash suddenly became very attentive. Sudden darkness sounded like shadow powers to her. There weren't many beings on the island who had shadow powers, though the Piraka might have found some technology that could emulate it. Either way, she was fairly certain that whoever the mysterious kidnapper was, they were probably an ally of the Piraka - and, by extension, a potential ally for her. 

IC:

"I'm sorry." The Onu-Matoran apologized, the words a little less stoic than usual, clearly sincere. "You were a Toa yourself. It isn't right to generalize. There are no more evil people among Toa than there are among Matoran, nor are all of those who fail to live up to the title evil. But Toa are beings with powers meant only for heroes, champions of those who can't defend themselves. Now, they're a dime a dozen."

"Some of them do their best to remember what they were supposed to be. The rest... Well, if there's one thing I've found, it's that a Toa doesn't think a Matoran a threat. But when all the so-called 'heroes' fall or flee, there's a Matoran holding the line."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

To escape? Danaku was tempted by this. He could start a new life if he would be free. No need for memories, he could start over and find purpose in his life. This was very tempting to him. "Can you tell me more about this plan?" he asked with a curious voice. A glimmer of hope appeared in his mind.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles