BZPRPG - Onu-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Vesun

Vesun frowned, gesturing for Khervos to follow him to the next footprint. "Same shape," he pointed out, then leaned in closer. "Don't act alarmed," he whispered, "but I'm certain they weren't here before. Something's going on." He ran his hand over the inside of the footprint. "The print's slanted... and too flat. It's fake. It can't have been a Skakdi." He reached down and picked up a small stone off the street. "Whoever's done this... if you can find them, I've got a Mask of Accuracy and a rock. Go - if the darkness falls, make a noise. Even better, make the kidnapper make one."

BZPRPG Profile: Vesun.

Subtlety is more powerful than strength.

IC: Reson.

"Okay..." Reson shrugged, "I'll go find him, then."

Setting off, and following his nose (and still managing to make a fair few completely wrong turns), Reson eventually came upon the stables. "Hello?" he asked, stepping inside, "is the Ussal Guy in here?" 

Edited by NatoGreavesy

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Khervos

(Onu-Koro):

If being sent forward as bait by a strange Toa he'd met minutes ago bothered Khervos, he didn't show it. For all it was worth, he decided to trust his new ally and began following the footsteps with a slow pace, never looking back and being especially careful to look as if his mind was on the footprints, which surely had not existed moments ago. Now they created a trail towards one of the tunnel exits of Onu-Koro, one that was not frequently used by Matoran.

I hope you know what you're doing, Khervos thought to himself.

IC Kirgan & Onoraza

(Onu-Wahi, Onoraza's hideout):

Kirgan watched nervously as Onoraza sat nearby and sharpened the three-part blade of her granite sword.

"You know you're going to die, right?" Onoraza said, as if trying to start small-talk. Kirgan gulped but didn't say anything. "It has become my life's purpose to kill Matoran, did you know that? Oh yes, and Onu-Matoran in particular are my preferred targets... it was that race that imprisoned and tortured me long ago, after all."

Kirgan struggled with his fear to be able to say something. "I... I've never done anything to you", he said. "I don't even know you."

"Of course", Onoraza replied. "But all Matoran are the same... annoying, foul, arrogant and certain about their right to dominate this land."

Onoraza looked at Kirgan and grinned savagely. "It is only a matter of time before your downfall comes."

OOC: Credit for the gif goes to ValkyrieLightDragon on Deviantart.

IC:

This is my brain on Thok: .

This is my brain on leaving the Dark Walk: o

This is my brain on Onu-Koro: XoDYlBd.gif

Hello dopeness my old friend.

Since the gang washed up on Mata Nui, I seized what few chances I had and I talked to a few Skakdi now and again - whether they strayed too close to the bungalow and Hakann got a hold of them or whether through actual conversation at tech stores - and found two weird congruences: none of the Skakdi here, homegrown or wherever else they washed up from, got the sweet third power like the Piraka did...and the ones who did wash up here couldn't remember anything of home. Nada. Zip-a-dee-doo-dah.Needless to say, coming from a tourist like me, I was thrown for a bit of a loop, and it became one of the questions I grappled with (when I had free time to grapple with someone besides Reidak trying to attack me in my sleep) constantly: is it possible to forget home that much, to the point where you could make a dinky little backwoods island like this your adopted place of residence? I had never understood it.

But I had never visited Onu-Koro.

Instantly, I knew what gameplan we'd devised was going to flop over backwards like Thok, claiming the couch down in Mangaia; Vezok saw things to crush, who knows what Thok saw, but I knew what I was staring at: a tough nut to crack, with telltale hints of artillery, side trenches, and burly Matoran on Ussal crabs who carried shovels, blades, or some variant of projectile launcher (compressed air cartridges? Surely these guys haven't pioneered semi-automatic weaponry yet, I would know if they had pioneered semi-automatic weaponry yet) that patrolled the streets. If we tried to sack this place - the three of us with almost a dozen Rahkshi - we'd still be pushed back eventually. But why would you want to sack this...this...

"Temple," I whispered breathlessly. Vezok snorted.

"Going Hakann on us, Avak?"

"###### you," I shot back, voice still hushed in awe. "Look at this place. Is that--do they--that Matoran's in a powered exo-suit!"

"Riveting," Vezok murmured, but by then I'd split up, motioning with my hand for Wiggles to follow a separate, more clandestine path into the village. ###### attacking this place. I wanted to explore.

-Tyler

----------

1. Note to Avak: Find someone who knows Skakdi anatomyand team up with them to try and jog certain parts of Skakdi brains. The more people remember home, the better. Device name: the Memory Plunger.3

2. Hakann does not count as someone who knows Skakdi anatomy.

3. Not to be confused with what Thok refers to as his "memory plunger."

Edited by Parks and Rekt
  • Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Vesun followed Khervos silently, always keeping him just within sight. He drew his halberd, using the shiny blade to watch Khervos as the Toa stooped to look at the trail of footprints. He knew someone was drawing them somewhere, and he didn't like risking the life of this new Matoran, but it was the only way he saw. As he walked and watched, he formulated in his mind a plan for when the attacker struck.

IC Khervos

(Onu-Koro):

The trail led Khervos and Vesun through a series of tunnels. If not for the footprints, Khervos was sure they would never find their way out again.

Someone wanted us to follow these footprints here, Khervos thought with worry. We're walking into a trap like two blind Husi in a pen. But I don't know what our options are...

Khervos turned around for the first time since he had began to follow the tracks. He couldn't see Vesun, but knew he was somewhere nearby. At least... as long as he wasn't the one springing the trap.

Khervos took out a lightstone from his pack. A citizen of Onu-Koro knew to carry one around at all times. The stone provided illumination, but that didn't change anything. The tracks were still there, Vesun was somewhere in the tunnel... and possibly the kidnapper as well.

Vesun emerged from behind Khervos and approached him. "This is a trap," he whispered as he knelt down to inspect another footprint. "We stick together now." Where is the ambush? he thought. "Do you know these tunnels?"

IC Khervos

(Onu-Wahi, tunnels):

"No", Khervos replied quietly, shaking his head. "These tunnels are not part of the usual tunnel systems... you're right, it's most certainly a trap. The kidnapper must be waiting in ambush somewhere. What shall we do about it?"

"There's not much we can do directly..." He hesitated for a moment, then put the stone he had covered in writing into the sack attached to his halberd-sheath. He extended his hand towards Khervos. "Take my hand," he said. "If the darkness comes again, no matter what happens, don't let go. Since he can't see in the dark either, I'll follow. Ideally, he'll take us straight to Kirgan. If not, we'll have to fight. Be ready either way."

IC Khervos

(Onu-Wahi, tunnels):

"So we keep following the tracks then", Khervos said. "Very well. But I fear it'll take more than holding hands to survive whatever is waiting for us..."

Khervos began following the tracks again, this time with Vesun holding his hand. It felt silly, but it was obviously practical. Whatever happened, at least they would watch out for each other.

"I hope you're good at fighting, Toa."

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

Reson left Ussalry headquarters and set off towards the village perimeter. Scuttling along beside him was his newest companion, an Ussal crab who he had promptly named Curmudgeon. With his new best friend accompanying him and watching his back, Reson felt a little bit more confident about seeking out the kidnapper. 

IC: Lash.

Following Sajis through the village, Lash was growing bored. Clearly, the kidnapper was making himself scarce, laying low. Unless, of course, he was going after the witness, in which case staying behind might have been in Lash's best interests. but it was too late to back out now.

She would have to keep playing her part until an opportunity arose.

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"I am," Vesun responded, "at least for a short time. I tire quickly because of my fighting style..." he paused before speaking again. "But first we have to find him."

OOC: It seems like we're waiting for each other? I'm ready whenever you are if Kavala wants to pounce. Or maybe I'm just being impatient.

Edited by Smarty35

OOC: But Kavala's not gonna pounce, oh no ;)

IC Khervos, Kirgan & Onoraza

"Maybe we have", Khervos said, pointing to a light before them. It was coming from a small cavern nearby. They could hear sounds of scraping metal and a low, gruff voice talking inside.

Onoraza played around with her sword, trying out different moves. This didn't help Kirgan's already terrified state at all. It was only a matter of time before he was killed by the Skakdi... or worse, the mysterious Toa who had kidnapped him.

"I guess this is it", Khervos said. "Whatever we do, we shouldn't just barge in there. We need to have a plan."

Khervos took out his disk launcher and hoisted it for dramatic effect. "Ideas?"

"Put away your lightstone," he said. "Let your eyes adjust to the dark. And follow my lead." Vesun flattened himself against one side of the cave entrance, gesturing for Khervos to stand at the other side. Once their eyes had adjusted, he took a rock from the floor and activated his Mask of Accuracy. Taking a glance into the cave to aim, he threw the rock, which hit the light. If it was a lightstone, he was hoping to break it. If a candle, to put it out. Once he threw the rock, he swung into the cave, halberd drawn and held in front of him like a spear. He examined the room.

Khervos did as Vesun told him and watched as he threw a rock in the cavern. There was a splintering sound and the light dimmed somewhat, but was still strong enough to easily illuminate the cavern. Vesun leapt inside. Khervos decided to wait outside for the right moment to enter.

In the cavern, Onoraza turned abruptly as a rock thrown from outside smashed one of the lightstones. This didn't have much effect since there were several lightstones in the cave, but it certainly made Onoraza more prepared to meet Vesun, who leaped into her cavern a second after. Kirgan, tied up on a rock at the back of the cavern, cried out in joy as he saw his new friend. There was hope after all, he realized.

"Who the Karz are you?!" the female Skakdi growled.

"A Skakdi," Vesun murmured. "Surprising." He looked the Skakdi in the eye, speaking calmly and quietly. "I don't believe you're the one who took our friend there. He'll come with us." He paused a moment to see how the Skakdi would react.

"Whatever he's done, I'm sure it can be discussed in the village. Come with us if you'd like, but he's leaving." Vesun signaled for Khervos to go free Kirgan and take him. The Toa took another step towards the Skakdi, staying between her and Khervos.

IC Onoraza

Kirgan was on the opposite side of the cavern to the entrance, and Onoraza was between him and his rescuers. She set herself firmly in front of the Onu-Matoran, like a Nui-Jaga guarding its nest. Khervos entered the cavern, but stopped behind Vesun as he saw what was happening.

The Skakdi snarled. "You're not taking my Matoran. Why don't you get your rear out of my home?"

"He is no one's Matoran. But..." Vesun reached out a hand and lightened Onoraza's mass. She became lighter than air, and began to float up towards the cave ceiling. "You clearly have to be subdued." He signaled Khervos to pass under her as she floated, and watched carefully for the Skakdi's next move.

IC Khervos, Kirgan, Onoraza & Kavala

Onoraza growled in frustration as she began floating upwards. Khervos slipped under the Skakdi to untie Kirgan, but Onoraza wasn't quite defeated yet. She aimed and fired her Zamor launcher at Khervos. When it struck, the Zamor sphere unleashed its binding power on Khervos, pinning him to the ground.

Outside the cavern, Kavala eyed the situation. Had Vesun or Khervos looked back earlier while following the tracks, they would have seen them disappear as swiftly as they had appeared. It was all thanks to Kavala's earth powers that the tracks had been there to follow - not wanting to reveal his presence, Kavala had silently stalked the Toa and Matoran while reaching out with his powers to create fake footprints far ahead. It had been far from a perfect decoy, but it had done the trick. Everyone was where Kavala wanted them to be... including the foul Onoraza.

Activating his powers once more, Kavala forced the cavern entrance to obey his will. With surprising speed, the sides of the entrance bent and reached to touch each other and then became one, fusing and effectively sealing everyone inside Onoraza's cave - except, of course, Kavala himself. It was now as if there had never been an entrance at all, just a lone cavern in the middle of the underground world. Kavala allowed himself a pat on his back (metaphorically speaking): he had, after all, successfully fooled the Matoran, Toa and Onoraza.

I'll never get tired of this, he thought as he left the tunnels to return to Onu-Koro. He had a Ta-Matoran to find.

"The entrance!" Khervos shouted from within his bounds. "It's disappearing!"

Before anyone could react, the entrance was completely gone. The cavern remained all alone, cut off from the rest of the tunnel system

IC:Vesun

The Toa looked, shocked, at the closing cave mouth, then up at the floating Skakdi. "You may not like it, Skakdi, but the circumstances just changed. The air in here is limited. We need to cooperate or we'll all die. Let Khervos go; we'll settle our differences once we won't suffocate. What do you say?"

(Onu-Wahi):

Onoraza looked at the spot where once had been her doorway. Even she had to succumb to facts: The Toa of Earth had betrayed her (unsurprisingly) and left her to die with a bunch of Matoran and a wannabe hero.

"Fine", she said. "But I won't like it."

She looked at the bound Ba-Matoran below her. "It'll be easier to untie him if you let me down."

"Right..." Lash replied boredly. She didn't care much for the Ussalry-woman's complaints about efficiency. She was more interested in the identity of the kidnapper, and finding out if they really did have connections to the Piraka of Legacy. "What would you suggest we do, then?" 

Curmudgeon didn't talk much, but Reson was okay with that. It meant he could listen out for unusual sounds around the perimeter of the village. 

So far, though, he hadn't found or seen anything suspicious. 

"I'm a merc by trade," Lash pointed out, "I've killed my share of people in my time. Don't look at me like that; none of them were in your city," she scowled, "what I'm trying to say is that if I had kidnapped or killed someone, my main focus would be tying up loose ends by killing witnesses and anyone else who knows what happened. Where's the matoran witness and the Toa who was guarding him?" 

"We'll be the next targets?" Lash considered that possibility. "So what do we do, wander around waiting to be attacked and killed? Or do you have a plan?" 

"Onoraza", the Skakdi replied spitefully as she freed Khervos with a great deal of reluctance. She remained silent after that, even as Khervos proceeded to untie Kirgan. The two Matoran turned to Vesun, ignoring Onoraza who now seemed to be sulking in one corner of the cavern.

"I'm a miner", Kirgan said. "Digging is what I do. But I don't have my tools with me..." He

IC Kavala

(Onu-Koro, Pub):

Kavala walked confidently in the city as if nothing had happened - and in truth, that's as much as anyone knew about his recent deeds. So he didn't feel afraid or nervous crossing the streets like any citizen would.

The Dark Toa had a clear goal in his mind. He was after the Ta-Matoran who had befriended Torrian (actually Khervos) during his visit to Xa-Koro. It had obvious to Kavala that the two Matoran had something going on between them and, assuming they were still together, Tuli would race to "save" Torrian in a heartbeat if she learned about what had happened. Which was exactly what Kavala wanted.

The problem at hand was finding her. There was no guarantee she was living in Onu-Koro - Ta-Koro was a more likely place of residence - but wherever she was, someone in the village who knew Torrian would be able to tell where Valhe was as well.

Thus, Kavala made the decision of going into one of the larger pubs of Onu-Koro. He stepped inside, eyeing the crowd of Matoran, Toa, Vortixx... someone would know where Valhe was, he was certain.

Time to get social.

"Oh, wow... that's real strategic." Lash's voice dripped with sarcasm. 

IC: Sajis

"Do you want me to come up with something beyond searching the town for evidence and avoiding death on minimal evidence?" asked Sajis, leading her companion into a pub. She hated pubs. Drunks were always disrupting her village's order. It was absolutely disgusting. "If you were to provide me with a Toa Stone and a Kanohi that is capable of providing me answers to every single question of mine, then I shall do so."

Yet pubs were mines of information. She could bite back her hatred for now. It was all for the greater good. There would be order.

"Ask around."

Vesun looked at Onoraza, then handed Kirgan his halberd. "Not ideal," he said, "but I hope it will do. Besides that we have - " he glanced at Khervos - "a disk launcher, a Zamor, and... is that a sword?" He pointed to Onoraza's weapon. "Should be useful mining. Khervos, what do you think? Which way should we dig?"

IC Kirgan, Khervos & Onoraza

Kirgan analyzed the situation and the tools they had. "It's going to take us a long time to dig ourselves out with what we have", he said. "But we should be able to. The question is whether we have enough air until then."

Khervos stood quiet. It was best to leave digging to those who knew how. Onoraza, for her part, kept giving angry looks at everyone in the cavern, but decided not to say anything either. She did offer her sword for digging purposes though.

Kirgan looked around the cavern, trying to find the weakest spot of the earth. Not surprisingly, he decided on the part where the entrance had once been. However, when he tried lifting the halberg, he found it surprisingly heavy. "It's too heavy for me to dig with", Kirgan said. "It's a Toa tool, it's not designed for Matoran."

IC Kavala

(Onu-Koro, pub):

While Vesun, Kirgan and the others were having their own problems, Kavala wasn't doing so well either. He had asked many people in the pub whether they knew Matoran named Torrian and Valhe, but no one seemed to have ever heard about them. While it was not impossible, since Onu-Koro was quite a big village, it seemed strange to Kavala that no one had even heard about these names before. Surely a detective like Torrian had to have some sort of reputation? And whatever Valhe was by profession, Kavala had took note of her exceptionally good looks. Why did no one know about them?

Kavala was about to leave the bar when he saw two new beings enter: a Matoran woman and a Vortixx. While another Matoran amongst several was nothing special, Kavala almost lost his balance when he recognized the Vortixx. He had seen this particular Vortixx before, in Mangaia, battling a Toa to impress Hakann. What was she doing here?

OOC: Yeah, I just remembered that Kavala has actually seen Lash before. :P

OOC: Why do you think I've had Lash tagging along with the guards all day? 

Lash almost did a double-take when she entered the bar with Sajis. Was that... it was him. The stubborn Toa who hadn't immediately bowed before Hakann down in the Darkwalk. He'd been looking for technology, if Lash recalled correctly. It didn't take a genius to put two and two together. He must be the kidnapper. 

The question was, why was he kidnapping Matoran? Had the Piraka sent him here as well, or was it just coincidence? She couldn't get answers now, not without raising suspicion. She would have to play it safe and bide her time.