BZPRPG - Le-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC Kathrine Scarlet:

I blinked twice.

"Wow you really are new here, huh?"

I shook my head with a grin, "That's okay. As a village, we love new people.Individually that varies fromperson to person but on the general side of things, we're a pretty friendly lot!"

I started walking along the platform, toward the main square.

"Was there anything in particular you wanted to see or needed?"

IC: Vilerax.

"Not really," he shrugged, "I've been... out of touch with the world... for a while now. Just wanted to see what's going on, how things had changed, that sort of thing." 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"Years... I'm not even sure how many..."

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: (Sisk)

Sisk turned in the saddle and looked back at Helios. "Once we are free-clear of the village perimeter we'll retrace the swath the bug-beetles cut through the deep-thick forest. Scouts said there were a few dangerous-large Rahi that were driven closer to the village, we'll have to take them back where they belong-came from. Ready? Here we go!"

With that, he squeezed the bird's shoulders, and the next instant the contours of their surroundings turned into colourful blurs streaking past like the paint of an abstract painting and the wind roared in their ears. After a few seconds, everything started to gain focus again, as they were climbing higher and higher above the treetops. Eventually, Skyscratcher leveled out, before Sisk pulled him into a slow turn and they headed towards the broad patch of jungle where the beetles had raged. Even from above, the damage could be seen in the distance, where there were gaps in the foliage and strange discolouration had taken hold of many of the trees.

IC: Helios (Riding Skyskratcher)

The first rush of speed as Skyskratcher took off felt like my mask suddenly decided to go on autopilot, and I clung tighter to the harness than I probably should,. That is, if I wanted to look less like a frightened manchild who was riding his first Ussal crab.

But when we got clear of Le-Koro's treetops and had only the clear sky around us, I decided that there was no way my mask and my powers were both developing minds of their own, so I started enjoying the view.

Le-Koro's treetops had always seemed to me to be where it ended; often there was so little sunlight or rain that slipped through that you'd swear it was a solid roof. But of course, streaking above it now, it looked like just a tiny part of a massive world. The island stretched out to all sides below us, and from some sides we could even see the massive ocean. The ocean that we'd always wondered over whether or not there was anyone else out there.

The remains of the beetle attack looked like a wound in the ground, like the very island was bleeding. It wasn't a pretty sight. Glad I had something to do, though, I needed that at the moment.

"Never been this high-far up, the island-view is wonderful" I remarked to Sisk.

IC (Sisk):

"It's a good reminder of what we're hard-fighting for." Sisk commented, without looking behind him at Helios. The Matoran had his head on a swivel, scanning the landscape below for signs of the Rahi that had been reported. This continued for several minutes, while Skyscratcher was flying large circles around the area of the battle. Then finally, the bird called out, Sisk following its gaze with his eyes and he finally spotted something.

"There, to our left!" he said over the rush of air. "Fresh damage to the trees." 

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

[Le-Koro, Gukko Force Headquarters (Ranok)]

Ranok blushed a bit at praise, but he took it in stride, smiling up at Kunitu with a sparkle in eyes.  His accent changed to one of artificial grandness.

“I shall endeavor to do all as you say, great lady.  Should you come to visit, I promise the tunnels will be ringing with bright-cheer.”

He executed a flamboyant bow for emphasis.

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

"Well, the trees look the same," he replied with a shrug, turning in a slow circle to properly take in all of his surroundings, "and the architecture hasn't changed much. Looks like the population might've grown a bit, though." 

Ranok blushed a bit at praise, but he took it in stride, smiling up at Kunitu with a sparkle in eyes.  His accent changed to one of artificial grandness.

“I shall endeavor to do all as you say, great lady.  Should you come to visit, I promise the tunnels will be ringing with bright-cheer.”

He executed a flamboyant bow for emphasis.

IC: Kunitu

"That's the merry-spirit I'll be expecting then!" she exclaimed, allowing herself a flattered smile in response to the Matoran.

IC (Sisk):

"It's a good reminder of what we're hard-fighting for." Sisk commented, without looking behind him at Helios. The Matoran had his head on a swivel, scanning the landscape below for signs of the Rahi that had been reported. This continued for several minutes, while Skyscratcher was flying large circles around the area of the battle. Then finally, the bird called out, Sisk following its gaze with his eyes and he finally spotted something.

"There, to our left!" he said over the rush of air. "Fresh damage to the trees." 

IC: Helios (Astride Skyscratcher)

"The pain-hurt the trees would speak-say if they could must be intense" Helios remarked as they reached closer to the ground.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

With a jaunty salute, Ranok turned and walked away, his banjo case swinging behind.  He didn’t say “goodbye.”  He didn’t believe in such words.  They were too final.

He had said goodbye to his parents, the last time.

OOC: Ranok to Onu-wahi.

Edited by Mel

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

IC: Thodir

"Now, are we ready to talk this out like reasonable folk instead of fighting like idiotic ruffians with no sense of diplomacy?"

OOC: @Helios & Sisk: Any Tiokaha with the mark of blossom would be outraged right now.

Edited by Toa Onaku

IC: Gosh dang I can't remember my Vortixx's name, but that one

He shrugged. "I hadn't intended to start a fight from step one." He then pointed at Rakau.

"He's the one who started shooting. I was just making sure that guy wasn't dead." He explained, gesturing to the still unconscious man by the dumpster. "I was just gonna ask if they could move him somewhere where he's less likely to get mugged, shivved or both and then continue, that's all."

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC: Vilerax - Le-Koro.

"So the food scene's improved, then?" he mused. 

IC: Gatanka

He shrugged.

"I don't have a preference."

IC:

"BRIGHT-STAR IT IS THEN!" Colx bellowed, taking advantage of the fact that, Le-Koro being the party capital of the island, noise laws were bendable as a limp noodle and the number of people who cared about boisterousness bended to peer pressure just as easily. The Skakdi flashed a toothy grin back to his strange new companion as he let his gait slow down to a crawl until he could sling an arm around his shoulders and guide him around.

"You'll love it, matey," he said. "They've got plenty of apples there for ya to gulp down. Most o' them go into cocktails, but I'm sure I could get them to, ah, come around to your point o' view."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

OOC: Awh, sorry to hear that, hope you feel better soon!

IC:

I smirked and raised an eyebrow.

"Well you can't be worse than this guy I ran into last week. He was so wasted he could hardly walk. I had to convince the bloke to sit down while the rest of us went on to help deal with the beetle infestation that was ravaging the jungle."

We continued walking at a deliberate pace. Some lovely smells were starting to fill my nostrils. It was all I could do to restrain myself from buying food from the closest stand.

I was on a mission, after all.

"Ya know, I've been waiting quite a while to have one of Cas' seafood kabobs." I started running ahead to get to the stand as quickly as possible. "Want one?" I called back, my eyes bright with excitement.

Edited by Requiem

IC: Vilerax - Le-Koro.

"Lead on," he gestured, looking forward to being able to eat something he hadn't had to hunt, kill, skin, butcher and cook himself. 

• 2 weeks later...

IC Kavala

(Le-Wahi, southern tip):

Kavala sat on a rocky outcropping at the very southern tip of Le-Wahi, looking into the distance at the imposing fortress that had been built atop his home. He wasn't sure why he had come here, of all places, but somehow he felt he needed to see his old home again, to remind him of his purpose. In his confrontation with Lash, he had lost control over himself, but the Dark Toa knew that what was needed now was cool and calculating action rather than brute force. He had learned this the hard way, after two prison terms and the loss of almost everything he had held.

Kavala took out his sword and looked at the engravings on it. His weapon was the only thing he now had, representing both his fallen master and the village of Xa-Koro, which had been taken over by the Ga-Matoran. Bitterly, Kavala gripped his sword and looked at the fortress again, his eyes narrowing in hatred.

That ugly structure... he thought angrily. They just came and took over my home. No hesitation, no questioning who might be left homeless by such action. They think they're so high above us, because they worship Mata Nui, but in the end all they care about is profit and benefit for themselves... those are the real virtues Mata Nui wants them to follow.

Kavala cradled his right leg, which still had the cut inflicted by Lash's dagger. Luckily, it had already begun to heal, but contact with water had still hurt it. Just another sign of their brutality, Kavala thought bitterly.

Kavala's thoughts shifted to plans of the future. If he wished to reclaim his home from the forces of Ga-Koro, he needed numbers on his side. So far he had fought alone, believing it to be his duty to do so, but all his attempts had ended in failure. Xa-Koro was still occupied, the shadowstone was still in the possession of the Onu-Koro Ussalry, and Lash was still alive and working for the village Kavala hated the most. Alone, he had been able to achieve nothing. He would need numbers on his side... and for that, he would seek out allies.

And what would be a better place to look for beings of shadow than Mangaia? Kavala thought. True, his "alliance" with Hakann hadn't led anywhere, but perhaps there were others down there... others he could sway for his cause.

Kavala stood up and glanced at the Nokama Port for one last time. He imagined the structure burning, collapsing in on itself, becoming nothing more than rubble and smoking ruins... just as the fate of Xa-Koro had been.

It may take a while, Kavala thought. But when my revenge finally does fall upon them, it will be that much sweeter.

The thought burning in his mind, Kavala left for the Dark Walks.

OOC: Kavala to Kini-Nui.

IC: Gatanka

He casually followed the enthusiastic skakdi.

IC:

For a relative newcomer to that village in the canopy, it didn't take long for Colx to lead his apple-gobbling friend to the Bright-Star. He entered the restaurant with all the lumbering swagger of the best (or worst, perhaps) Skakdi and, with a sly nod to the bartender, waved his arm to the booths by the side.

"Listen," he said. "You grab us a table, I'll get us some drinks and some apples. You got a preference?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

• 1 month later...

IC:

Unari looked to the people who had just entered his establishment, nodding at Colx while the Skakdi gesticulated somewhere within the dining room.

IC:

Somewhere else entirely within the inn sat a large Po-Matoran, busy eating along with his friend. His weapons and money had been left in a room he had rented - he had the highest regard for Unari's ability to provide a secure establishment where he needn't worry about his items being stolen - so he was left with little to do but eat and converse with his friend. Well, that and think.

And he had been thinking that there were parts of the island he and his friend hadn't yet explored and spread their business venture to. He paused from eating for a moment, looking up at his companion.

"Hey, Komae," Beosach said, a wild glint in his eye as his voice dropped to a near-whisper. "Y'wanna go on 'n' adventure?"

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC:

Unari looked to the people who had just entered his establishment, nodding at Colx while the Skakdi gesticulated somewhere within the dining room.

IC:

When Gatanka didn't say anything, Colx assumed he got the message.

"All right, then. I'll be right back," the Skakdi said, shooting a wink at the draconically-armoured fellow as he swivelled around to walk over to the bar and its tender.

"Hey, buddy. Pitcher of beer and some apples, if ya'd be so kind."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

IC:

Somewhere else entirely within the inn sat a large Po-Matoran, busy eating along with his friend. His weapons and money had been left in a room he had rented - he had the highest regard for Unari's ability to provide a secure establishment where he needn't worry about his items being stolen - so he was left with little to do but eat and converse with his friend. Well, that and think.

And he had been thinking that there were parts of the island he and his friend hadn't yet explored and spread their business venture to. He paused from eating for a moment, looking up at his companion.

"Hey, Komae," Beosach said, a wild glint in his eye as his voice dropped to a near-whisper. "Y'wanna go on 'n' adventure?"

IC: Komae

The other Matoran took a long, slow drink out of his mug - which probably would have been more symbolic if said mug wasn't filled with water. 

He raised a brow lazily and looked up at Beosach.  "Seems like every time we sit down, you're calling for a new adventure, Beosach.  We've only just gotten here, haven't we? Why not take it easy for a while?"

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

IC:

"Fairly well, yeah," Unari replied, shrugging. "This is really the only good place to come to in Le-Koro that isn't somebody's house. It's where everybody comes to, so business is always good. Glad I started this place up."

IC:

"But Komae, we've barely covered any of the island!" Beosach replied, melodramatically acting aghast at the suggestion of waiting. "Po-Wahi, Ga-Wahi, and Le-Wahi. There's still half the island waiting for us!" Beosach put down his fork, in favor of wildly and violently poking and otherwise gesticulating at the table he was sitting at.

"I say we should go to Ta-Wahi! Great inns, great people, a wealth of minerals we can try and gain the rights to, there's always something going on...I tell you, Komae. It'll be great. We. Should. Go."

profiles i guess

He took another long sip, swished it around in his mouth before swallowing.

"Who do you owe money to this time?"

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

For someone who was used to hunting, killing, skinning and cooking his own meals, the idea of purchasing pre-made kebabs - whatever those even were - was a little foreign to him. "What exactly is this?" he asked, poking the meal with one of his knives. 

OOC: Hey, Chirox, try to keep OOC-only messages to either the discussion topic, or in the case of that one, just send it to whoever in a PM. Try not to clutter up the RP topics like that.

IC:

"It's certainly a strange order to put in, I'll give you that."

IC:

"I don't owe money to anybody," Beosach growled, frowning at Komae. "If I did, I wouldn't go to deliver it personally. That just wastes time. No, I just remember getting you out of Po-Koro partially to make sure you actually saw the island. That means we have to keep seeing the island. That means we have to go. We've been in Le-Koro for months, Komae. Or at least it feels like it. And we haven't done anything since we got in a fight with that crazy priest guy!"

• Upvote 1

profiles i guess

"What's the matter with that? Getting into fights is overrated.  And I didn't mean do you owe anyone there, I mean anyone here.  A lot can happen in feels-like-months, especially when you're around."

"Alright..." still uncertain, he went ahead and took a bite.